Sign in to follow this  
低姿勢

Ky: Aiming for the max best man combo.

[quote=rtl42;201425

edit to below: well you're right, i didn't get it because i don't know anything about KH. the point remains that you have no reason to be so rude when i'm trying to keep this (your) thread on-topic, so just cool off.

i was messing around with different variations and depending on how close you are you can jump cancel 6H coming down with jH>5S>2H>est. It does around ten points less than your best combos (i tried with testy and chip) but I have yet to figure out how to get multiple VTs with it. If you can think of anything please share. The only thing I havent tried is TK slash VT but I am pretty sure that at this point you are too close to the corner for it to work.

Throw combos that get you 25% tension back... Robo: Throw> FRC> run up as close as possible> 5S> 5H> GS> 5S> 2H> GS> 5S> 2H> TK (S)VT> LJ> 2K> 5S> 2H> VT> LJ> 222H Chip, Axl, Zappa, Throw> FRC> run up as close as possible> 5H> (S)VT> LJ> 5S> 2H> GS> 5S> 2H> VT> LJ> 2P> 5S> 2H> VT> LJ (already should have tension back) Its strange, cause you get like no tension until the 15th hit which in both cases is an uppercut. So im thinking that either you get more tension after 15 hits OR you get more tension after the third VT. The character that it doesnt work on and their reason are listed below. Character that fly too high are Millia, Dizzy, Jam, I-No, May, Biaken, Bridget. On all these characters I could Thorw> FRC> run in a bit> 5S> 2H> VT> LJ> 5S> 2H> GS> tech. I'll mess with it more and try not to GS yet still fit it in but it'll take a while. Character that drops after second VT is Venom. HOS Floats too high from the first GS Characters that drop after first VT are Eddy, Testy, Faust (though it looks like you can get it), Anji, Sol, ABA, and Slayer. Johnny drops too fast unableing you to Throw> FRC> run up> 5H Thats all I got on max damage/get your tension back off throw. They are quite hard for me and for now i'll just stick with Throw> FRC> run up a bit> 6P> 5S> 2H> VT> 2P> 5S> 2H> VT. That is so much more simple and works on most characters. Someday I will master these combos, but for now just gotta keep training.

FRCing reduces tension gain by some percentage, so maybe the timing of the 15th hit corresponds to when the tension penalty from FRCing expires?

I put the jump hs to land stand slash in the first post. In the corner it works on a couple I know bridget for sure. And I think someone else. vs potemkin you can get jump s, hs then land in the corner. I belive that vs a couple others as well...

Though if your not in the corner it works vs just about everyone to some exstent. And if it doesnt you can get iad HS to land. Which is basicly the same thing. Johnny I belive it works everywhere on the screen with just jump pretty easily. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UikNfqUkdPc I made that video long ago showing some basic combos that showed the jump yadda yadda. Remember to even though I do run in s, duck hs, jump combo on some. A simpler f+p, s, duck hs, super jump s, hs, acctualy does more. But whatevers easier for you.

As for tension stuff I belive every move(well maybe sometimes in a general sense)has there own like buffer for the meter. And I just think of it as lasting for a few clicks on the clock. Also note that remember this also changes depending on HOW much meter you have to do. If you do a combo with no meter it will build meter differently, then if you had 75% meter to say. So certain combos that build up a qaurter meter if you had nothing, might not be same if you started with full super. Shrug usefull knowledge for trying combo video type combos I guess to do more meter then you should.... I know in this game even with the shitter falling of characters its still pretty practical to get the super fireball off for only 25% meter. Even in a block string you can basicly do the super fireball as a ghetto fireball FRC as certain strings its pretty easy to just run back in after it and get about that qaurter back. Shrug

As for getting more vt loops in or more damage. All the combos ive posted are basicly to my knoweldge, the most reliable/meter building/damageing combos you can get on the side character with out getting into combo video terriorty in terms of exact distance, or meter usage. Sure theres a couple vs potemkin where you can get a few more points of damage/meter useing light saber, but then you start running into its easy for the second hit of shoryuken to wiff. And theres some more adding a hit there and there to try and get one more shoryuken loop for a few more points of damage. But again thats all getting more into the combo acctauly becomes hard to do, and you have to be aware of your surrounds as even a little bit will fuck it up. Other wise all these combos besides a couple points here or there should be about the best you can do with out getting more unreasonable. Of course if you really need to the extra damage at the second loop that comes in most the combos, then you could just easily super jump install the combo and tack on another 7 points of damage to each. But then its gonna be techable. Again all the combos were made so you get all the damage you can get and get right to the sweet spot where it wouldnt matter what you do anyway so stuff is doing no damage anyway. So thats what that one more loop is for shrug....

And since im signed on again....

EDDIE...

Its pretty hard vs eddie to find a good reliable combo. None of the combos are that complicated or more so then any other character, but the way at which eddie falls, and even a slight change in distance can make combos miss him pretty easily. Obviously iad hs, land s, SHOULD be the best combo. But its pretty easy to miss, as if you stutter slightly after the f+hs and dont iad the iad HS will miss. And if you time the HS even a little badly you will get it to hit for the stand Slash to hit. F+hs, fireball IAD combos are more easy then they are on some characters, but if your a little to close to the corner, then the push back will make the SRK wiff. Of course in the corner eddie is like everyone else, no randomness there. But midscreen its harder to find a reliable one.

s, f+p, hs, sweep, hs fireball FRC, f+hs, IAD Hs, land s, jump s, jump s, hs, shoryuken strike. 236

Again easy in theory, but IAD hs is pretty easy to wiff.

S, F+P, HS, sweep, HS fireball FRC, f+hs, IAD S, HS, shoryuken, land duck p, slash, duck hs, shoryuken, strike. 227

Again easy stuff, but eddie can fall a little unlienently makeing the duck hs wiff a lot when you go for the second rep.

S, f+p, hs, sweep, hs Fireball FRC, f+hs X5 215

Well... theres nothing to really mess up with this one I guess.

s, f+p, hs, sweep, hs fireball FRC, f+hs, slash fireball, iad s, hs, shoryuken, strike. 227(with 2f+hs its 227)

Again easy stuff, but... a little to close to the corner and shoryuken will wiff so....

And the regular easy corner combo on him does 231.

hey, even though im drunk i was able to read the first couple enctcneces. Anyway, dude i love that you put that video up. I thought i was the only one who did 5H after air dash jH> jS. anywho before i emabaras myself aim me sometime at mrmamation okay. then we talk more about combos and shit cool?

^^Lol, moraly wrong? I dont really care wither way but drunk mamation says odd things anyway. Just because I think you are a jerk to most poeple on the internet doesnt mean I dont respect your skill (which I do). I cant really hate someone because of something on the internet. Internet isnt that serious.

I put the jump hs to land stand slash in the first post. In the corner it works on a couple I know bridget for sure. And I think someone else. vs potemkin you can get jump s, hs then land in the corner. I belive that vs a couple others as well...

Though if your not in the corner it works vs just about everyone to some exstent. And if it doesnt you can get iad HS to land. Which is basicly the same thing. Johnny I belive it works everywhere on the screen with just jump pretty easily. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UikNfqUkdPc I made that video long ago showing some basic combos that showed the jump yadda yadda. Remember to even though I do run in s, duck hs, jump combo on some. A simpler f+p, s, duck hs, super jump s, hs, acctualy does more. But whatevers easier for you.

Thanks for the vid it helped give me a better idea on some of the combos. Since I couldnt get the 2D> 236H to connect against Sol i guess its better to leave out 2D.

As for tension stuff I belive every move(well maybe sometimes in a general sense)has there own like buffer for the meter. And I just think of it as lasting for a few clicks on the clock. Also note that remember this also changes depending on HOW much meter you have to do. If you do a combo with no meter it will build meter differently, then if you had 75% meter to say. So certain combos that build up a qaurter meter if you had nothing, might not be same if you started with full super. Shrug usefull knowledge for trying combo video type combos I guess to do more meter then you should.... I know in this game even with the shitter falling of characters its still pretty practical to get the super fireball off for only 25% meter. Even in a block string you can basicly do the super fireball as a ghetto fireball FRC as certain strings its pretty easy to just run back in after it and get about that qaurter back. Shrug

So basically after a certain amount of time after the FRC you gain your tension back?

As for getting more vt loops in or more damage. All the combos ive posted are basicly to my knoweldge, the most reliable/meter building/damageing combos you can get on the side character with out getting into combo video terriorty in terms of exact distance, or meter usage. Sure theres a couple vs potemkin where you can get a few more points of damage/meter useing light saber, but then you start running into its easy for the second hit of shoryuken to wiff. And theres some more adding a hit there and there to try and get one more shoryuken loop for a few more points of damage. But again thats all getting more into the combo acctauly becomes hard to do, and you have to be aware of your surrounds as even a little bit will fuck it up. Other wise all these combos besides a couple points here or there should be about the best you can do with out getting more unreasonable. Of course if you really need to the extra damage at the second loop that comes in most the combos, then you could just easily super jump install the combo and tack on another 7 points of damage to each. But then its gonna be techable. Again all the combos were made so you get all the damage you can get and get right to the sweet spot where it wouldnt matter what you do anyway so stuff is doing no damage anyway. So thats what that one more loop is for shrug....

Okay, I thought so. I'll just keep practicing those and what happens happens I guess.

Oh yes I forgot to mention. I was messing with Anji and trying to get them combos to work out after air dash> jS> jH> 5S> 6P> 2D> 236H> FRC> 6H but the timing is quite strict. If you arent at the right place or misstime jH (have to delay it a bit to give you extra room to be closer) then 6H will wiff completely. This is midscreen of course otherwise it would connect, but anyway I figured air dash> jS> jH> 5S> 2D> 236H> FRC> 2H> est may be good enough. I only got 218 damage off it but its Im still investigating it.

Well if you cant get a sweep fireball FRC f+hs on characters you can just as easily switch it out with something like combo to far stand hs, hs fireball FRC, IAD s, hs, duck p, hs, slide, strike something like that. Does compareable damage to the orb combos. And if there ducking you can get combo to f+k, fireball FRC, run in duck p, stand s, f+k, duck k, stand s, slide strike, which does more then orbs. And is pretty easy to do. Also I personaly wouldnt do anything f+p, to sweep, as that is much harder. I personaly tried to even show that doing HS is better beacuse the cancle time is so long, you can cancle it when ever you know you are at that spot for the sweep. Thats what I tried to show in video shrug... Vs anji I personaly would just stick to standing combos or switching it up if you know hes ducking. I think something simple say vs him ducking like s,F+p, hs, f+k, hs fireball, FRC run in duck p, hs, f+k, duck k, stand s, slide, strike does 222. Though of course if hes ducking do ing the basic sweep fireball f+hs, s, f+p, duck hs yadda yadda whatever is good there. And since im posting... Anji and eddie are hardest to get orb throw combos on. Vs anji a stand slash will not connect unless you move fowarda big after the throw. Vs eddie, theres reall ynot much you can do mid screen. Even if you run in and get a duck p, to slash, or duck p, p, slash. Or jump install whatever. There doesnt appear to be any true knock down combo on him with out involving meter since his hit box is wierd. Maybe obvious but just posting since vs anji it is possible if your quick to move foward a bit, and then slash to get it to combo.

May... May is really easy going to combo... Just about everything works on her to a certain exstent and some more so. A lot of combos you can switch out the hs with s and will combo just as easily... S, F+p, hs, sweep, hs fireball FRC, f+hs, f+p, s, duck hs, super jump s, hs, shoryuken, strike does 231. S, F+p, hs, sweep, hs fireball FRC, f+hs, jump hs, land s, duck hs, super jump s, jump s, hs, shoryuken, strike. 236 May, bridget... And someone else are the only characters this works on like this in the corner(well potemkin to somewhat if that counts). This is nice to have beacuse this is the same kinda combo you might do from as far as a 3rd of the screen away to(towards the corner that is), so this combo works from a lot of distances. Note though that unlike bridget(who in the corner it only works with a straight jump up hs that i recall), may does work with jump foward as well. Also note its easier of course to do slash fireball since it will hit earlier, however it will do 2 points less of damage. S, F+p, hs, sweep, hs fireball FRC, f+hs X5 215 S, F+p, hs, sweep, hs fireball FRC, f+hs, air dash hs, land s, duck hs, shoryuken, duck p, s, duck hs, shoryuken, strike. 232 Note that when your sorta in the corner to mid screen you want to acctualy stutter a bit before you air dash, as if you do immedilty theres a good chance you could go through may. Also note its possible to get jump hs then shoryuken after the duck hs. But thats getting into more combo videoish timeing so.... S, F+p, hs, sweep, hs fireball FRC, f+hs, slash fireball, air dash s, hs, shoryuken, land duck p, s, duck hs, shoryuken, strike. 234 S, F+p, hs, sweep, hs fireball FRC, air dash s, hs, shoryuken, land s, f+p, duck hs , shoryuken(tiger knee), duck p, s, duck hs, shoryuken strike. 238 Finaly something different eh. Mays hit box allows this to happen. Also note of course if its easier for you, you can switch out hs for slash fireball. Of course a few points less of damage. If its to akward to get the link slash and a tiger knee shoryuken in one combo. Note that if you do a more regularish just duck p stuff the combo still does 229. Also if you have trouble getting the tiger knee with out it, it still does 233. Of course perhaps better to stick with duck p though beacuse although a few points of less damage the combo builds about 20% bar depending on when you started it. This might also be good for people that have trouble with f+hs FRC stuff as this combo is much more leinent if you have slow fingers. And since im signed in and I was thinking of makeing another thread with a dum title like maximum best man fuzzy gaurd thing.(Just to write cuz maybe writeing a bit will force me to write the rest)For a little info when you are going for fuzzy gaurd set ups with f+hs, and FRC stuff testment and eddie are the only characters that go into a smaller block durning level 6 moves. So while normaly "taller" characters, they acctualy go into there smaller stance unlike everyone else. Also note though potemkin is on the other side, he is the only character that gets a smaller stance when you store your air properties. So if you try to fuzzy gaurd potemkin in the air, the same set up will not work. Note that of course eddie and testment however do retain there largest stance in the air though. Go figure. So short run down F+hs, jump slash will fuzzy gaurd vs everyone but may, milla, eddie/testment(IF they have not jumped before),ino, aba, ky, robo ky, chipp, baiken, potemkin(ONLY if he has jumped). *rubs chin* I think thats it. Usefull to know beacuse 6hs iad s, hs can not be ducked then and is a true combo. Also remember that when you fireball string, fireball DOES give everyone there largest gaurd (eddie, and testment included, again however not potemkin if he has jumped).. So when you fireball string and FRC if it is blocked in the air, or they were trying to jump, standing whatever, again a iad S, hs is a true combo no matter what and can not be ducked. Hrmmm yes yes... umm maybe write thread later on random info or something.

Thanks for the info Clayton. I love how I can land these combos in training 60% of the time and cant land a single one in real matches. Fucking FRC on that stun edge is pissing me off. Anywho, I'll just keep practing :P Kenji noticed your combos btw, he was like "Oh, thats one of those Clayton combos lol" In any case thanks a lot for the info.

Well your probably just nervous/harder time reacting to it or something especialy since your playing kenji. Kenji was/can probably be again one of the 3 best in the game period. So its only natural that you probably get nervous/stutter a bit when you hit it maybe or something to that exstent when your playing him. Less oppertunties to hit it vs someone so good. So when it does come more easy to miss I guess. I get nervous all the time even when me and kenji played back that one time durning the summer, id hit the set up for a instant kill combo with sol, and then drop it half way through or something. So if thats whats happening it happens to everyone.. Just gotta practice more or stick to something easily.. Say I know the f+hs air dash ones you can miss if you stutter to much on the f+hs... So maybe just stick to something more easy. Or only go for it in the corner. And the corner one is really easy. Just f+p, s, duck hs, super jump. Dont even worry about jump installing just take it easy or something. JI version only does a few points more... And if its easier for you to remmeber just one timeing for fireball, remember that im pretty sure slash works on everyone in the corner off the top of my head.. SO maybe just stick with that one shrug.

MrMamation posting: Yep, I am finally doing it in matches more. I had to get used to improvising into it and stuff. It also didnt help that I would be fighting Sol most the time. Hopefully I will be doing it in matches like they were bread and butters. I'll try and remember to bring my camera sometime so I can record the matches.

Random notes since ill just use this as "my" thread to say. And I dunno if I will type that one thing yet... Anyway umm yea random combo vidoe notes since ive been thinking of makeing a video again. Vs may and aba standing f+hs links after orb standing, and vs may it links on her ducking. Also vs eddie you can hit a shoryuken(no lighting javilon), then link duck p anywhere on the screen.

50% Tension: h, 2d, 236h, frc, 66, s, 2h, j, h, vt(h), lj, frc, land, 6p, s(ji), 2h, sj9, s,p,s, dj, s,p,s, vt(h), lj, 222h 290+@Chipp, 200+@Potemkin, 230+@Sol. Works on almost every char p.s. FS, maybe u update 1st post? I feel tired browsing 5 pages of combos :vbang:

Ah... yea I guess I could do that.. Umm *scratchs head* umm wait for me to play the game again to say so I can get a few more characters down to make it all one big thing maybe. As for the combo im personaly at least trying to stay away from 50% meter combos. I was more trying to find stuff with just 25% which is usualy at the ready.

Well, all the "max damage" combos cannot be used often in a real battle. Some spend too much meter, some start with "close slash on min. distance" In my combo, there is a good damage cap after the second frc, so there is no reason, why you shouldn't frc javelin, if you have 25% left after the first one. Well, if not, you still get good damage and a knockdown. p.s. bonus for making max damage combos is the :( look on the opponent's face, when he's losing 1/2 hp from "low damage ky" :)

ah....... All the combos I posted are to be done in a real match. Thats why I gave explinations and even put that video showing that you if you think you are to close can just delay the sweep from HS or whatever. To get to that point on the sweep.... And I also put diff varations etc etc whats easier if your in the corner or mid screen.... Ummmm.. yea... Plus didnt all chipp combos I posted already do in the 270-285 range anyway that I posted I thought. And its only 25% meter. So.... Ummm... yea........... Anyway I guess you said thread was of 5 pages was to big... so.... yea.... umm... Anyway

All the combos he explained are only 25% and can happen quite often. I know I have the possibility to do it at least twice in a match, if you think about it it can be done anytime you 2D. I also know that the 2D> SE combos he posted works on half the cast while the other half you can do the combo without the sweep (or in my case its easier to 2D> Slash Stun Edge> FRC> 2H, it does more damage than an orb combo and is burst safe at least).

Considering most Ky combos should be ending in 2D. These are pretty common. Just hard.

Just to say the combos do work on justice, kliff anywhere on screen. Justice works withe fireball link version as well. Havnt played, nor plan on really though so.... When this will be updated dunno. But I did try real quick vs them and it works so.... Shrug there you go I guess.

Sign in to follow this