Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kuuhaku

2010 Akicon Tournament (BBCS/MBAA/SSF4/GGAC+): Coming your way Nov 6! Get hype!

Shout out to all my greater seattlites. I can't make it, but I'll be cheerin you on the streams tonight!

Shouts to everyone in the tournament. Had a fucking blast playing and talking with everyone. I'm not happy with how things turned out in my first match, but I made up for it a couple rounds later.It was really great getting to meet a lot of new people, and I was happy to lend out my stick to everyone who needed it(many people). As far as the tournament organization, I don't even care about how long it took, this experience was amazing. Fantastic job to the TOs for getting as many people into it as they did, and trying to get everything running as best they could. Sucks that a lot of people dropped out mid way through, but nothing is perfect. Con was awesome, gonna hit up friendlies with Cake and a couple guys later, and it was just awesome experiencing all this.

Fucking love the shit out of you guys. GET AT ME.

yo i had fun at the event tonight regardless of the losses i tried my best on my fightstick on ps3 and i did pretty well at mbaa for only playing like 6 mathces b4 the tourney started

Tourneys were crazy fun regardless of any logistic hiccups. Shout outs to Polka for trying to keep her cool during the whole thing; expected some drop kicks to start flying. Good meeting some of you guys too!

Bohemian Polka: Send me a PM with an email or something so I can send you the SSF4 brackets.

:psyduck:

Wow, I must be tired. I totally forgot to pick up my copy of Sooper from you guys.

I left to play AC+ in the arcade area lol

Any idea who picked it up with them? I'll be showing up in the Hilton again tomorrow, probably hit up caek for casuals or w/e.

I'm not that attached to it, but it's still $$$ lol.

Thanks a lot to you new guys who showed up, glad to here you guys had a ton of fun, start showing up to the tuesday/thursday meets!

Polka thanks a ton for running, I know a lot of people were giving you a hard time and it was a stressful situation, I hope the rough times didn't sour you on hosting tourneys(the more people we have willing to do it the better!). IF you have trouble with setups again(assuming same venue) just ask me, this time I had the stuff we needed all along in my trunk and even if i didn't it's like 20 minutes round trip max o get to my house. Large tournaments are always gonna run long, and free tournaments at anime conventions are always gonna have flaky people that are gonna make it longer. I had tons of fun and would gladly go to one of your tournaments again!

Thanks a ton to people who donated prizes(especially robo alex/christian with their triple digit donations, and rebecca again for donatin gstuff on top of running the whole thing), way to support the scene guys!

:psyduck:

Wow, I must be tired. I totally forgot to pick up my copy of Sooper from you guys.

I left to play AC+ in the arcade area lol

Any idea who picked it up with them? I'll be showing up in the Hilton again tomorrow, probably hit up caek for casuals or w/e.

I'm not that attached to it, but it's still $$$ lol.

We noticed a copy of SSFIV that no one was claiming; I'm pretty sure we left it with the people in charge.

Also: Hella good job hosting, Rebecca. There was some ridiculous stuff but still, could have gone a lot worse. But never try to DQ someone for playing a match in a different tourney :|

oh man i want to give so many shoutouts but there are way too many people and i'll forget like half of the awesome people i met today/yesterday

shoutouts to polka trying to run a bracket and not fucking killing people, that shit is stressful.

shoutouts to ssf4 players for actually being pretty cool guys except for telling us safeway was open 24 hours and it FUCKING WASNT

shoutouts to christian/blargster for being so awesome 24/7, hit us up for casuals again before we leave mannnn

shoutouts to huey for wearing a red shirt and being easy to pick out of a crowd, shit was useful. also shoutouts to hype casuals and wishing me luck on most of my matches :3

shoutouts to missedfrc for me forgetting his name 3 times and being generally helpful and having cool long hair

shoutouts to steve/steve-o/osuna for playing tons of casuals, in fact playing casuals as i type <3

shoutouts to way too many fucking shoutouts

but yeah, thanks to everyone for being so welcoming/nice/awesome, we'll definitely be making another trip down when we can all afford it :3

Oh yeah, when/where are you guys having casuals there? Because, I might want to drop by

Oh yeah, shoutouts:

Christian- Nice meeting you man, gratz on winning karaoke.

Rebecca- Thanks for running the tournament, it was a blast. You handled things well considering the time issues.

Huey- You're hilarious, man. We need to play again before we leave on Tuesday.

Spark- Nice meeting you and getting destroyed by your Haku-Men, it hurts so much. >_<

missedFRC- Good job on 1st. You're Litchi is seriously scary.

Sorry for anyone I miss, I'm horrible with names. It was great meeting everyone though.

We are going to be here until Tuesday, everyone is welcome to come play BB casuals in our room.

Haha coming by now would certainly be a trick! I'm about eight miles away, at my apartment, and I don't have a car or anything. None of the busses are running right now. I guess I could bike there and it'd only take about 40-50 minutes, but...

shoutouts to litchi almost losing a 7-3 matchup 3 times in a row before winning it 6 times.

shoutouts to tager 720ing litchi out of daisharin (AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)

shoutouts to huey253 not getting to play againist tager due to brackets and not making him free

shoutouts to kaigu, always seem to make me look good in tourney

shoutouts to woki, winning money off me looking good againist kaigu

shoutouts polka for yelling at me that i will be disqualified from bb if i didn't play my match, as she was watching me play a match in SSF4, and then yelling at me when i was about to play my match

shoutouts to gdlike 720s again

shoutouts to Cakehh- DIE MASHER

shoutouts to DF2K- blowing up bang shishigami :)

to everybody i missed - it was fun......

again shoutouts to 720s out of litchi blockstrings, tager doesn't give a fuck

Shoutouts to dusty's GF for being super helpful while I was being TO.

Shoutouts to everyone else who would all ask for matches at the same time.

shoutouts to everyone showing me what the PNW scene is like. definitely want to get more involved now o.o

shoutouts to bohemian polka and all other volunteers for running the tournament/brackets

shoutouts to bohemian polka again for destroying me in losers bracket haha

it was a lot of fun playing and seeing what the scene was about