Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kuuhaku

2010 Akicon Tournament (BBCS/MBAA/SSF4/GGAC+): Coming your way Nov 6! Get hype!

It was a good cosplay. But I mean you did pretty alright in multiple games and were fun to watch.

Wolt, you were surpisingly hype. I assumed you were from Canada since I'd never seen you before. But your info says you're a Washington player! Wow. I wanted to play you.

Also. Doesn't Tio allow for tourneys to draw from the same set of names? Why were names entered in multiple times? That just opens things up for typos. For instance: I don't appreciate being written as Stank.

I started out in losers bracket in MB because of this but at least I got to play some games so it's all good.

Actually same thing happened to me. I don't ever recall being yelled at for my round 1 MB fight, and was sent to losers at some point. I dunno if I was just deaf or playing Super or something, but I only ended up playing once in it. Not to say I'm entirely angry about that by any means, I doubt I would won either way. It was just a small shock to hear from Kayeff that I was in losers without playing. It was probably my fault, I just can't remember for the sake of me what I was doing at the time.

Also Stark, this was my first PNW tournament for anything other then Smash, thats why you wouldn't have ever seen me anywhere else.

nope, you were looking at me playing super and said if i don't get off super and play my bb match i would be DQ'd.

then, when i walked over to play my match, you yelled at me about my match being AFTER someone else's.

yeah... Osuna and myself weren't in the wrong.

You still didn't let the brackets know how long you were going to be tied up. If I remember your situation correctly, you were caught in more than one Super match without reporting that you'd be tied up longer. Someone else freed up from another game, so we let them go which is why you had to wait. But if it got to the point of DQ, that meant that we had already let your game pass at least once if not twice. That was already beyond the rules.

Though, if you in particular want to bring up this issue- I do remember a certain huey253 being among the names for people who were supposed to run BB brackets.

The situation with Osuna's match still stands though.

Wolt, you were surpisingly hype. I assumed you were from Canada since I'd never seen you before. But your info says you're a Washington player! Wow. I wanted to play you.

Also. Doesn't Tio allow for tourneys to draw from the same set of names? Why were names entered in multiple times? That just opens things up for typos. For instance: I don't appreciate being written as Stank.

Blame Derek's bad handwriting. Many names were written wrong in the brackets which caused problems. There were three different Brendans.

Actually same thing happened to me. I don't ever recall being yelled at for my round 1 MB fight, and was sent to losers at some point. I dunno if I was just deaf or playing Super or something, but I only ended up playing once in it. Not to say I'm entirely angry about that by any means, I doubt I would won either way. It was just a small shock to hear from Kayeff that I was in losers without playing. It was probably my fault, I just can't remember for the sake of me what I was doing at the time.

Also Stark, this was my first PNW tournament for anything other then Smash, thats why you wouldn't have ever seen me anywhere else.

I announced your match like three times and you didn't show up. Tough luck. We were already too lenient with letting matches pass and that's why we got stuck a lot of the time.

man, after all the work i did finding people, calling peoples names and stuff.

and i didn't even help with the brackets.... thats messed up.

i even walked around the hotel for 30 minutes trying to get help with the stream...

I announced your match like three times and you didn't show up. Tough luck. We were already too lenient with letting matches pass and that's why we got stuck a lot of the time.

Ah, then yeah, my fault. I apologize about that, really sorry. Must have been tough running it under the conditions present.

man, after all the work i did finding people, calling peoples names and stuff.

and i didn't even help with the brackets.... thats messed up.

i even walked around the hotel for 30 minutes trying to get help with the stream...

I don't remember you being at the mic at all. :psyduck: Maybe you were too ninja.

And were you the one running around when the internet exploded? Yeah... I dunno what was up with that.

Arguably? What does that even mean?

I main Litchi. KayEff, whatever your problems are, knock it off with the "subtle" insulting.

I meant "arguably" in the kind of way that I probably don't understand. I actually meant that I may have seen you play multiple characters. I dunno, maybe. :psyduck:

Sorry to freak you out like that, we cool?

Shoutouts!!

Rebecca - You did fine for your first tournament, especially considering the size. We all understand the stress and urgency you must've felt (i know i felt it too when it was late and BB was still running behind), so don't worry about it too much. Now you've seen firsthand what can go wrong and we can all fix the mistakes next time, but despite the mistakes people seemed generally happy with the tournament and we got asked to come back! So it couldn't have been that bad. :P I'm glad I was helpful, double shoutouts to my bad handwriting lol.

BB canada crew - You guys are solid. Tell Max to work on his Lambda, he's got some good players to practice with! DF2K your Hazama is very solid, work on your matchups if possible and don't use 3C to go into mixup lol. It was good chilling in the room with you guys and squeezing in some casuals (and unlimited matches lol i'm blade), also thanks for the $5 Cake! <3 Hope to see you guys sometime soon again.

MB canada crew - I was really happy to see you two come down. It was refreshing and a blast to play you guys again and get in all those casuals Friday night. Ralf being drunk was pretty funny too, falling asleep in the chair at Denny's lol. Me and Joe love you Fong :kitty:

Secret boss: :( :( :(

Unexpected entrants: Good shit guys, it was great to see some good entrant numbers.

huey25FREE: Stay salty. :toot:

stuff left at our hotel room

ps3 controller+usb cable (osunas maybe? i'll hold onto it till you can claim it.)

and ps2 component cables.

we're here all of tomorrow, so if you think either of these are yours come on by.

Results are on front page! Our stream died because lol hotel internet.

A few things went wrong and it was unexpected. Stress and rage followed.

Moved to a different room to finish up since it took so long. Finals happened. Top 4 of BB and MB got recorded, and only GG Grand Finals got recorded because of impatience. Sums it up in a few sentences. :v:

stuff left at our hotel room

ps3 controller+usb cable (osunas maybe? i'll hold onto it till you can claim it.)

and ps2 component cables.

we're here all of tomorrow, so if you think either of these are yours come on by.

Uh, just checked my pocket and my ps3 controller was very not there.

Does this ps3 controller perhaps have a small sort of indention or warping of plastic near the parts that light up to tell you which player you are? If so it is definitely mine.

Well damn.

Uh, just checked my pocket and my ps3 controller was very not there.

Does this ps3 controller perhaps have a small sort of indention or warping of plastic near the parts that light up to tell you which player you are? If so it is definitely mine.

Well damn.

yup we have it, it's got the little warping. do you want me to ship it to you, or...?

yup we have it, it's got the little warping. do you want me to ship it to you, or...?
Well...yes. Gosh, if only there was and easy and safe way to get it. It's by far my best ps3 controller.

I don't have any other ideas though.

HUEY AND KAIGU ON BLAST WTF IS GOIN ON OAO

And the hell Wuku? Where did your prostrats go?? No Spark? No Vet?! Im sadfaceeeeeeee :<

Well, on the same terms, CopperDabbit and Dacid got blown up too. Stay free Norcal and PNW ;_;

Results are on front page! Our stream died because lol hotel internet.

A few things went wrong and it was unexpected. Stress and rage followed.

Moved to a different room to finish up since it took so long. Finals happened. Top 4 of BB and MB got recorded, and only GG Grand Finals got recorded because of impatience. Sums it up in a few sentences. :v:

Yes, tournament running is a learning experience. There are LOTS of unknown factors that will come about with this kinda stuff.

But, a couple things that speed up tournaments are-

-Get EVERYONE together, and note the same rules, that you MUST report your win/loss to the bracket runner ASAP after match

-BRING YOUR OWN STICK/PAD FOR GODSAKE lol

-Turn off your controller after you match

-If someone doesn't show up in a set time, force DQ

-Shout REALLY LOUD for peoples names

We all learn the hard way. Net failure is uncommon, but its terrible that hotel staff were that low tier with basic internet service :(