Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kuuhaku

2010 Akicon Tournament (BBCS/MBAA/SSF4/GGAC+): Coming your way Nov 6! Get hype!

con was kinda shitty, but PNW crew + Canadia made the weekend awesome :yaaay:

ggs everyone

Blargster - best singer @ Akicon, thx for letting me and the guys stay at ur place :cool:

PlasticChicken - thx for the drink, I felt great afterwards :kitty:

Landis - stay greedy

Kaigu - watch ur back^

MissedFRC - that lady had dem greedy eyes for ur Hisui PVC :v:

NiggaJoe - pho + spicy nuggets next time!

Canada Guys - nice meeting & playing you guys, thx for watching my stuff :kitty:

Hellsap - stay gdlk, let's drink sometime

HUEY AND KAIGU ON BLAST WTF IS GOIN ON OAO

And the hell Wuku? Where did your prostrats go?? No Spark? No Vet?! Im sadfaceeeeeeee :<

No idea where vet is. XD; wuku did play some games, but eventually withdrew to find a waifu. Spark beat up Derek after the tournament. XD;

Yes, tournament running is a learning experience. There are LOTS of unknown factors that will come about with this kinda stuff.

But, a couple things that speed up tournaments are-

-Get EVERYONE together, and note the same rules, that you MUST report your win/loss to the bracket runner ASAP after match

-BRING YOUR OWN STICK/PAD FOR GODSAKE lol

-Turn off your controller after you match

-If someone doesn't show up in a set time, force DQ

-Shout REALLY LOUD for peoples names

We all learn the hard way. Net failure is uncommon, but its terrible that hotel staff were that low tier with basic internet service :(

Yeah. We needed better organization among the volunteers. :psyduck:

Also only one person in the hotel knew the password.

Found the Sooper.

Shoutouts now that I accidentally slept through class lol (last time I schedule a 4 hour bus trip to be at like 10pm on a school night, while knowing it'd take at least an hour to get back home due to homoerotic nightbus schedules)

• Polka. Set up and volunteer shortages, and super weird, cramped, major hallway by entrance with tons of smokers is totally at least a 8-2 match up against TO's, but you ran it back. As expected from a Rachel player.
    I missed the last part of the tournie after I got double eliminated to play AC+ casuals, but I hope the SRK guy who got the thumb sleeves liked them lol
  • sG/MissedFRC for getting my name right (but apparently people getting it wrong because of your bad handwriting)
  • Cake & Co. for tons of casuals, Red Robin, and a delirious drive of K-On and Renai Circulation. I could've made my bus without you guys, but it wouldn't have been nearly as entertaining.
  • Saikyo/Robert Gee for AC+ casuals and teaching me why May's 6P is best troll. And being Robert Garcia.
  • Sythe for fun convo when I couldn't see the tournament and Washington AC+ scene download.
  • Everyone crowding in Cake's room on Saturday for buying too many spicy chicken nuggets and sharing them.
  • Guy who liked my stick. Thanks. If I ever see you again, I'll totally show you my upgraded version with Seimitsus, on-color dustwasher, better color coordinated, and better framed art.
  • Spark for "Why didn't you enter the tournament?" "There's no point." and then beating MissedFRC in casuals.
  • Woki for cheesing me with his 2 day Valkenhyn :vbang:
  • Shoutouts to me for being double eliminated by DLC characters.
  • Akicon staff for having my copy of a game I don't even like that's on the wrong console.

TO Feedback: Most of these issues couldn't really be helped due to the low-tier location you guys were set up with, but I figure I might as well mention so you can make sure to get these things from the con organizers or whatever venue you use next.

I think one of the biggest problems making the non-Super SFIV matches not as HYPE (as in, they were constantly going YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH all the time) was because the non-Super set ups were placed such that it was really difficult to see most of the matches. There were just too many people crowding around the big stage area trying to watch 5 different matches, and it was just usually too difficult to see anything, especially the BB matches which were happening miles away.

The TO table was also just in the middle of it all, which was a problem in two ways. One, just in general making it even harder to see matches, but two, the huge clumps of crowds just got in your way all the time. Definitely recommend the whole table towards the side vs. in the front, like the Super guys eventually seemed to do (I didn't really look though).

Mic/Sound System: It was probably out of your hands to move it around, but I think a lot of the PLAYING SUPER RIGHT NOW, etc. problems probably could've been smoothed over if one of the big speakers were turned to face them, or moved over to be closer to their area. I know the speakers were already set up like that, but it ended up happening was people in the BB/GG/MB area were PUT ON BLAST (the thing's pretty loud) while it seems a lot of the Super people didn't hear anything.

Those are the two big things that stood out to me. I hope you guys fight for a separate room or at least a more spacious spot next time. Having that big stage wasn't really that convenient.

And next time, we all really need to like, force the Rock Band people off their fucking thing when it's our set up time.

[*]Cake & Co. for tons of casuals, Red Robin, and a delirious drive of K-On and Renai Circulation. I could've made my bus without you guys, but it wouldn't have been nearly as entertaining.

se~no

Steven is playing Infamous while we could be playing BB.:psyduck:

He's hoping skills learned playing it would be transferable to using Rachel.

Just thought I'd say that playing with you guys this weekend has definitely improved my game (I'm a hell of a lot more patient). Thanks, guys!

when will we see that group picture of me bromancing with blargster?

IMG_01961.png

Here you go.

Again, thanks for showing up. GG.

What about the other picture? There were two taken, weren't there?

Maybe it has less hollow, soulless eyes...