Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kuuhaku

2010 Akicon Tournament (BBCS/MBAA/SSF4/GGAC+): Coming your way Nov 6! Get hype!

Okay, here's my plan. Friday we'll leave to Seattle early in the morning, stay at a hotel. Saturday we'll do the tournament and afterwards house at MissedFRC's (are you still cool with this?). In the morning on Sunday we may or may not stay another night at a hotel, yet to be decided. So that leaves us a LOT of free time on Friday when we get in Seattle, Saturday before the tournament, and possibly the entirety of Sunday. Let me know if anyone wants to do casuals or to come hang out in our cool hotel room :kitty:

I'm going to be at aki-con it's my first time I would like to get a couple of MBAA casuals in if I could because I touched once at Sakura-Con 08 and that was it I might be able to bring like two powerstrips and a tv if I can get something yo carry it in soon

So I am super sorry PNW, but it is seeming more and more unlikely that there will be this awesome carpool up to Akicon, and I have confirmed with my friend a way to get down to Socal for only 80 bucks round trip via bus, which is super easy and leads to a tournament with 1k guaranteed pot for BB, against people not as good as PNW ANYWAY.

I think I need to go to socal guys :c

Next time? :c

It'd be wrong for people to stop you from a <strike>free</strike> chance at like $700 + swag like monitors and sticks.

Only people to blame are the conspirators who planned the other event that's sappin' the hype.

Oh wow. I was originally only planning to come down for Saturday's events but maybe I can widen my schedule a bit more to make time for chilling+casuals. It depends entirely on my friends, since we all have stupid work schedules. :(

Oh wow. I was originally only planning to come down for Saturday's events but maybe I can widen my schedule a bit more to make time for chilling+casuals. It depends entirely on my friends, since we all have stupid work schedules. :(

Do it, I'd be up for some casuals with other BC players :kitty:

Cake, Blargster offered to house you at his place, since I'm going to house the canadian MBAA players since they have nowhere else to get casuals. He's closer to the convention area on top of that so it's probably better for you guys :)

It'd be wrong for people to stop you from a <strike>free</strike> chance at like $700 + swag like monitors and sticks.

Only people to blame are the conspirators who planned the other event that's sappin' the hype.

Yeah. ^_^ I can totally understand. However, that doesn't mean we won't be hyping it up here anyway~ If we don't need to buy a capture card/recording device, then I'm going to be throwing another $200 in prizes, just to bribe people who might want to come up here because it's closer than Socal regionals. :3 Plus, the California people can watch our stream since with a 10k pot, most likely the majority if not all of the streaming time is going to Super. >_>

Coming up north is looking brighter for me now. My boss says she can give me time off. Now we gotta start from square one again and try to rally people to go north. Not sure if Dacid changed his mind to Socal.

If I come up you shouldn't have to worry about recording, as long as one of you guys has a nearly lagless HDTV. Most HDTV's these days have something called "Game mode" where it'll remove almost all the lag. Samsungs are good nearly lagless HDTV's.

As for streaming I think there'll be more eyes on Socal Regionals imo :( It doesn't hurt to stream anyways though :P

Coming up north is looking brighter for me now. My boss says she can give me time off. Now we gotta start from square one again and try to rally people to go north. Not sure if Dacid changed his mind to Socal.

If I come up you shouldn't have to worry about recording, as long as one of you guys has a nearly lagless HDTV. Most HDTV's these days have something called "Game mode" where it'll remove almost all the lag. Samsungs are good nearly lagless HDTV's.

As for streaming I think there'll be more eyes on Socal Regionals imo :( It doesn't hurt to stream anyways though :P

That'd be awesome. ^_^ And you're right about the whole SoCal regionals thing, but finals won't be until Sunday and they'll probably be mostly streaming super. X3 Try to recruit people who are too lazy to go to Socal.

@ Dacid- Well... as far as I know, Spark and Vet aren't entering. But, I don't blame you for trying your luck at California.

So I am super sorry PNW, but it is seeming more and more unlikely that there will be this awesome carpool up to Akicon, and I have confirmed with my friend a way to get down to Socal for only 80 bucks round trip via bus, which is super easy and leads to a tournament with 1k guaranteed pot for BB, against people not as good as PNW ANYWAY.

I think I need to go to socal guys :c

Next time? :c

Oh wait, SHIT, i missed this info. Goddamnit Dacid T^T

Mine has component input.

You coming to Akicon? And what kinda TV is it? Do you have a remote for game mode?

That'd be awesome. ^_^ And you're right about the whole SoCal regionals thing, but finals won't be until Sunday and they'll probably be mostly streaming super. X3 Try to recruit people who are too lazy to go to Socal.

@ Dacid- Well... as far as I know, Spark and Vet aren't entering. But, I don't blame you for trying your luck at California.

Oh thats good, they're focusing on SF? BB is just a side thing in Socal regionals? Huh..

As for Dacid, it can change around guys :3 WE JUST NEED A FREAKIN DRIVER GODDAMNIT D:

I'm going to Aki-Con...

Shweet! :D

...and it's a computer monitor with component input.

... WTF?! I've never seen a CPU monitor with component input o-o;;.. thats so wierd

Have you done a frame lag test on it before?

Alright, well we can use that TV. You would just need to bring external speakers which you probably already have.

And a tube TV with component too?? Man I obviously haven't done my research D:

Oh also WE NEED A PLACE TO STAY PLEASE ;_;...

If someone can house 3-4 people instead of us going to a hotel, that would HIGHLY preferable. That would help us out A LOT in Norcal's showing at Akicon.

If we can get all of this underway, I can also make a hype promo for you guys.