Sign in to follow this  
Teyah

Eddie in Accent Core: A Comprehensive Guide

If the eddie does it right, normal always hits the first frame before projectile, so block high first. Most of the time you should hope he misses the timing and block low to escape for free though.

Didn't see this mentioned anywhere at a glance, my apologies if it's been discussed before. What's the general consensus on Damned Fang FRC combos? I don't see them used a whole lot in videos, etc., but that could just be due to coincidence. I'd think they'd have some good situational use in killing a bit of extra time on the shadow gauge while it's recharging, as well as moving your opponent into the corner. Just a few off the top of my head-- when I get the chance I'm going to mess around with other characters and see what works on them: 623S 6FRC6 j.HS j.D 41236S (1 hit) - SL, VE, FA 623S 6FRC6 j.HS j.D (land) j.D 41236S (1 hit) - AN, TE 623S 6FRC6 j.D 41236S (1 hit) - MA 623S 6FRC6 j.HS j.D (land) j.HS j.D 41236S (1 hit) - PO These should work anywhere from the immediate corner to a bit more than 1/3 screen away. If anyone has any others, post 'em up. (Keep in mind this is focusing mostly on combos ending with 1-hit SG, since you really want that knockdown more than just some extra scaled damage.)

Damned Fang FRC combos is wasting 25% for one or two hits. That FRC could've gone to a far drill unblockable or 22D. Also Damned Fang by itself knockdowns, and that could directly go into an unblockable with our good friend 22D + mini-eddie overhead, or 22S + mini-eddie overhead. The FRC is nice if you want to go for flashy, but I tend to go for stable gameplay (boring to scrub).

I'd think they'd have some good situational use in killing a bit of extra time on the shadow gauge while it's recharging, as well as moving your opponent into the corner.

Quoted this because it is essentially the point that I was getting at. If horribly scaled damage was the only incentive, I surely wouldn't spend 25% on a follow-up (unless I was 100% sure it would kill the opponent despite scaling, guts, etc.) so I do agree with you there.

Would I spend 25% to put my opponent in the immediate corner, and/or stall through that last second or so of the Eddie gauge recharge so I have the shadow out (and a meaty drill/unblockable setup to boot) as soon as they get up? By all means, a million times yes.

I like your method of thinking, you'd rather set them up in a better position, while I go for saving my tension to dealing with whichever my opponent is in. Also after Damned Fang you can IAD j.S into a shadow gauge building blockstring, that also builds tension. Also saving up that tension is psychologically better for you since your opponent is going to fear a 22D, and you should get used to adapting a followup to wherever Damned Fang lands (midscreen, corner). That 25% could really save you later on. I suggest you tend to do it when you have full tension or 75% meaning you can afford to position them, it's also a battle of meter-managing.

Also 0:56 here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIUeTMUUsVo .

Also saving up that tension is psychologically better for you since your opponent is going to fear a 22D, and you should get used to adapting a followup to wherever Damned Fang lands (midscreen, corner). That 25% could really save you later on. I suggest you tend to do it when you have full tension or 75% meaning you can afford to position them, it's also a battle of meter-managing.

Yeah, good call. Haha, I used to do something like that back when we'd run casuals pretty much every day (before everyone around here pretty much stopped playing :vbang:). I was always a fan of summoning the shadow and starting pressure with it off of a blocked 22D since it's a lot harder to escape than something like 5HS, etc. I noticed that after I started doing this, whenever I had 25% I could actually get some pretty free summons off of 5HS and the like; since people were too scared to try and 1f jump/backdash out of stuff like 5HS xx 22D, they'd end up respecting stuff like 5HS xx 236[H] -K-, etc.

And yeah, I generally tried to save meter as much as I could when playing Eddie unless I was sure I could build it back shortly after. Since a good deal of my matches were against a friend who played Venom, I got accustomed early to sitting in blockstun for about a year if I didn't have 50% for DAA since, as lackluster as it is overall, it felt like the most reliable option for getting out of that pressure.

This is a nice one. I've used it to get the killing blow when I had no Eddie meter. Corner only: 623S, 41236PKS(quick tap to negative edge j.SG), PKS(1hit SG), j.d, land, j.k, j.h, j.d, land, sj.h, sj.d 50% tension instead of the 25% from normal Damned Fang FRC but some decent damage and great if little eddie is on cooldown. The damned fang frc is not seen often, I would imagine, because most 623s would be in a pressure string as a tick throw with little eddie out. The followups for damned fang with little eddie are varied by char and weight, but you can do a lot of things. It's Eddie.

This is one of the greatest guides I have ever read for any fighting game character.

More people need to play this game

Thanks, and I'm sure more people will pick up this game once it gets the 360/PS3 rerelease.

I'm actually planning on updating the guide for the rerelease, to comment on the changes from the PS2 release. Buffed 6K is going to be ridiculous.

I am having trouble with this one:

Initial mixup (hits), -K-(1) r.5P- -K-(2) -6P(2) -K-(1)

Sometimes, I can't conect r.5p before the -k-(2) comes and because of that I drop the combo. Any tips?

Do the K release as late as possible after your initial hit. Do it too early and your link becomes tighter as you recover 'later'.

5[K] 5S, short pause, ]K[, r.5P

That's not a combo, that's a blockstring. You do that on block, and you use 236H -> -S- to be able to move the shadow a few steps closer to the opponent before activating the -S-.

Sign in to follow this