Sign in to follow this  
Teyah

Eddie in Accent Core: A Comprehensive Guide

It's been listed under 6.3 for awhile now, but I just now added some details. Though I actually haven't seen this crossup used in match play so I'm not sure if I'm visualizing it properly, do you have a link to the vid where you saw it?

He used it a few times in the old matches from filebank when he played against Nezu's Robo Ky. Also after knockdown, there were a few occasions he summoned the shadow, then IAD above his opponent and Mawaru at the same time, making it an ambiguous crossup. Unfortunately the matches are old and I don't have them anymore.

It's definitely been a useful guide. Been helping me since I first found Guilty Gear about a year ago. I appreciate all the work you've put into it!

Now I have an account, I followed this guide like a bible, and it has improved my ED greatly. Not exactly as near where i'd like (FRC's are a *****) but hopefully gettin there. Thanks for the amazing guide teyah.

standing r.2P-6P(1)-5-2[D], -H- does not seem want to work with anji consistently, only very rarely. Any other ways to get anji into knockdown puddle without that difficult to use combo which requires -P- and 22S?

Run really close for that r.2P! It does work, just needs momentum and close distance. If you're really having trouble or at the end of the round, you can end it simply with r.2P-5S-2[D], then -D- + 22D/22S for wakeup UB. But I'd really recommend just practicing dashing back in far enough to get this combo, as it works on everyone but is harder on thin or strange characters like Millia and A.B.A.

Run really close for that r.2P! It does work, just needs momentum and close distance. If you're really having trouble or at the end of the round, you can end it simply with r.2P-5S-2[D], then -D- + 22D/22S for wakeup UB. But I'd really recommend just practicing dashing back in far enough to get this combo, as it works on everyone but is harder on thin or strange characters like Millia and A.B.A.

Thanks for the response but I figured out how to bring anji closer during the combo by delaying my 5p at like the last possible bit you can get from (K1), and right after 5S using K immediately so he's drawn in more from the vacuum. Works like a charm. :yaaay:

Is there any significant difference between r.2p and r.5p?

r.2P gives you more time to run forward since it's faster than r.5P by 1 frame, which isn't a big deal on most characters, but might help you get closer to those you're having trouble on. Also, some tight combos like 5K-2S -K-(1), must be followed with r.2P, since r.5P is too slow to come out and connect in time.

r.2P gives you more time to run forward since it's faster than r.5P by 1 frame, which isn't a big deal on most characters, but might help you get closer to those you're having trouble on.

Also, some tight combos like 5K-2S -K-(1), must be followed with r.2P, since r.5P is too slow to come out and connect in time.

Ah alright thanks for the advice.

Would it be helpful if I made vids for some of eddie's combos so people can know exactly how they look like and work (woulda helped me when I started out lol).

Just looking for a quick answer, I'm essentially a complete eddie newb trying to figure out how to play by doing random shit, but I came up with (sure its been come up with before) but for startup > knockdown, I did 6K > 214S FRC > 66 > 5P > 2[D] > 236H > -D- > 22D ([K]) > -K- > 214[K] > 41236S > -K- > 214[K] > 41236S but after this, I keep being slightly off, but I'm wondering it its possible to get a legit 22H FRC unblockable at this point off the slide, corner or not.

You can only get one SG loop rep off of that unblockable. If you do two reps of the UB, you won't have enough meter to do another -D->22D unblockable. One rep does work everywhere though. After any KD, if you want to keep it simple, use this: -D-, 5k(ub), 5s(hold S), 2D(hold D) -HS- (release others) j.k/s/hs + puddle (2nd ub), combo of choice. From there you can work more complicated setups.

Would it be helpful if I made vids for some of eddie's combos so people can know exactly how they look like and work (woulda helped me when I started out lol).

That would be a god send. Yes, please!

I believe it was sarcasm. Either way, there isn't much posting going on around here. If vids of basic Eddie mixup are needed, I can do that. Although, one could just as well look at any Eddie match vid out there to see these things in practical situations, which I believe would be a better learning aid.

Hahah yeah Eddie board has been dead for awhile. And do your vid of basic eddie mixups, I'll buy a capture card and record the eddie combos I can do, Umaeru has been waiting over a month heheh.

lol, dead or not. I remember a time when this forum needed serious help. well, it got it. Great Job. No sarcasm intended. =P

Yea true that. Awesome forum. I've been playing Eddie for almost a year now, and I still don't post much because there is still so much for me to learn. I love watching Marlinpie tho and trying to cop off his style. :keke: If you love Eddie and you haven't watched the NEC vids in the Guilty Pleasures forum GO DO IT! Some sick stuff from both Marlinpie and Marn. PS: Teyah shit is awesome too. ;P

hi Im new to eddie been fooling around with him for a while but my question pertains to his 22hs - IAD S unbloockable, whats the best way to perform this ?

hi Im new to eddie been fooling around with him for a while but my question pertains to his 22hs - IAD S unbloockable, whats the best way to perform this ?

Make sure the 22HS is on the far side edge of the character, as the idea is the wing to connect before the drill or a bit before, as if drill hits first it's a knockdown. You have to adjust to keep it right. Easiest one to do it on is Potemkin (for me) so I suggest you practice on him and move on to harder targets (small characters).

Sign in to follow this