Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nov Ganon

[CS] Jin vs Hakumen

everything of his is larger i cant get in *sighs his 4d isnt really a prob but his Jc is annoying and his vortex stops me from spamming with ice swords...my jc gets countered from time to time any pointers?

Dash super jump works wonders. Can get you to places pretty fast and out of range, plus you got an extra double jump just in case.

Watch out when you land though. He's probably expecting you to land with an attack, so he'll try to drive-counter you.

2D works too on turtling hakumens, and outreaches his ground poke. Like always though, be careful with 2D use.

Pay special attention during jump ins for his TK j.214B as it leads to a free combo for him. If you block, he still gets to jump so be mindful of that too.

Similarly, if he's the one on offense, watch out for TK Tsubaki if you tend to block low a lot.

i also noticed tryin to reset him with 6a is usually a bad thing in the corner...what should i do around that what are some other options

Personally, 6A doesn't seem that horrible unless you're just afraid of him doing D counters

Assuming you mean after knockdown in the corner,

1. You could simply back off to bait rolls and reversals (TK j.214B, counters) and wait and see how they act

2. 5B, 2B, 2A etc shenanigans

3. If the Hakumen isn't very counter happy or confident, the old knockdown 236C or 6A overhead. If 6A lands you can start a short combo. If they block, rapid cancel and continue pressure.

4. Throw - Probably the least useful option if they break it

5. Tick Throws

6. Depending how liberal you feel about meter, EX Ice Sword. If they block, great, you get advantage to do whatever you want next. If it hits, you can either combo or go for a 50/50 reset.

That's all I can think of. Correct me if anything is wrong or disadvantageous.

That some great advice, vanfleihight, however for number 6, what about if he decides to counter it?

2c seems to be your best friend during this fight? what are your thoughts guys it worked real well for me

2c seems to be your best friend during this fight? what are your thoughts guys it worked real well for me

When are you using 2C? I don't think it'd work too well unless the hakumen you were fighting did nothing but IAD.

listen if haku air dashes in 2c is god like trust me thats all i was saying. i wasnt saying use it all match lol

listen if haku air dashes in 2c is god like trust me thats all i was saying. i wasnt saying use it all match lol

Getting a free fatal counter when he tries to 2D is pretty awesome too.

I really don't get this. How comes I see Hakumen's J.2c coming out, I do 2C just before it hits me, and yet, the attack is not a Fatal Counter? The move was out for ages. This is not a single event to. It's happened multiple times, but I just cannot counter J.2C. What's going on?

Another question. J.2C > 3C. Is it punishable?

Another question. J.2C > 3C. Is it punishable?

as Jin? yes in general

as Haku? yes, if you predict it right you can 6B over the 3C and do some painful things.... just make sure you know they're gonna 3C, if they don't and they see it coming, then bad things happen.