Sign in to follow this  
Koozebanian Fazoob

Accent Core Players Guide

956 and your 6956 are functionally the same. The 956 parts are the 'active ingredients' of an IAD. You never had to directly hit the 9 from neutral (5956) to get an IAD. You could do 8956 or 321478956 as far as the game is concerned. You just need the 956 part to get an IAD. It doesn't matter what happens before that. 676 is harder then 956, but 676 also isn't the same as a traditional IAD. Since you are airdashing from a backjump, instead of a forwardjump, the spacing is subtly different. Clarifying that you don't need to hit 9 from 5 to achieve an IAD, is what I think you want amended. While we're harping on tiny nuances, we might as well explain the difference between 956, 686, and 676.

Thanks, you have it explained perfectly there. I guess it's not intuitive for us newbs because in normal dashing on most games you can't hold 6 then tap 6 once to get a regular dash, so I bet a lot of people assume it's the same for the IAD. And now the reasoning behind 676 makes sense (slightly different). Cool.

676 IADs only seem to be possible with characters who have a jump start-up of 3 frames. Is this due to the size of the input window for an IAD? Or am I incorrect? Also, 676 makes it easier to perform extremely low IADs than 956 does. However, some characters have a minimum height requirement for their IADs that makes this useless. Just something I noticed while practicing with Jam in training mode.

yeah 676 is best used for characters with a 3-frame jump. (i know it's definitely true for BA, cuz that's what i (try to) do.) i guess it's just the right input window size, but you can "never" tell for sure unless you try it on something like a programmable stick.

Hi all, is there any guide on GG reload? If not, could you tell me, which differences are between these two versions? What in this guide is not in gg reload, like Force breaks, slash back etc. Thanks.

Sorry for my bad english:keke:

a bunch of the features that were added to Accent Core are indicated as such. ABA and HOS were not in #R. almost everyone's movelist has been modified, in some way. this may be as obvious as losing/adding an attack, or not-as-obvious as a chance in start-up frames for a particular attack. for this kinda stuff, there really isn't a list of changes handy (although i bet there are people, around the forum, who have kept these lists of changes).

Gwyrgyn Blood: in the "Additional Notes about Jump Install" section in the Jump Install article ( http://www.dustloop.com/ggac/tech/ji.html ), it says:

Besides the desired property of allowing you extra jumps, Jump Install also kills any ground momentum you had. This means that if you started your combo by running, any forward run speed you have left will go away once you Jump Install.

But as you have pointed out in the Gameplay FAQ (sticky) just below this thread, there is a technique which you've called "normal jump cancelling" which allows you to keep your forward momentum in certain situations.

I was just wondering -- are these statements somewhat conflicting? Maybe the guide should say: "In general, JI kills any ground momentum you had, but in certain circumstances, it's possible to retain it. (See 'Normal Jump Cancelling')"

...or something like that.

Lemme know if I've misunderstood something.

it should be fine now. it's also accessible through the "Frame Data" link in the forum "menu" bar or w/e it's called (at the top of the page, just below the dustloop logo).

or the link titled "FRAME DATA AND ENGINE GUIDE" taht's 3 lines below this forum

Sign in to follow this