Sign in to follow this  
Koozebanian Fazoob

Accent Core Players Guide

Jump Install -In Type 2: Combo Jump Install box, second to last sentence, "flashy" is mispelled -(Editor's Note: Using the same example from the original ggxx guide for that Chipp combo? Classy, G.Blood.) -In Type 3: From-Jump Jump Install box, "simply" is mispelled Impossible Dust -In Execution box, last sentence of first paragraph, omit "you" Option Select -In Type 2: Slash Back/Command Move box, first sentence, "whiffed" is mispelled Dash Brake -(none) Advanced Instant Block -In Description box, last sentence of first paragraph after quote in italics, "extension" is mispelled -In Description box, first sentence of second to last paragraph, "separated" is mispelled -In Conclusion box, second sentence, "using" is mispelled Selective Tech -(none) Instant Air Dash -In Description box, first paragraph, "simply" is mispelled -In Description box, third paragraph, first sentence, "instant" is mispelled -In Type 1: Attack Patterns box, first paragraph, first sentence, "Dashers" is mispelled Addendum: I second the notion of adding a link to the General and Character frame data on the Player's Guide.

sorry but...... WHERE IS THE CHARACTERS FRAME DATA??? I remember that not so long time ago there was a section where you could choose a character and see his\her frame data....:( :(

IIRC probably stands for "if I recall correctly" ) As for "clean hit", IIRC, it is totally attack-depended. For Sol's Sidewinder, f.e., Clean Hit is scored when attacks hits lower part of opponent's body.

only sol can do clean hits, and only on sidewinder , fafnir, and the last hit of grand viper, IIRC. i couldn't find anything about yomi. i'd appreciate an explanation. :v:

Yomi refers to foresight. You generally "yomi" something if you guessed at what action the opponent would take and took an action beforehand as opposed to actually reacting real-time. As an example, if you used a slow anti-air against an opponent, hoping they would go for an air dash, and they do, then you "yomi'd" your slow anti-air. I don't know the strict definition, but that's my understanding of it.

Newb alert/off topic: This isn't a newb site so I didn't want to post this anywhere that would be in the way. I'm just getting into GG (played reload on the PC for a week then bought a PS2 and AC... loving it), and I have a generic prediction opinion question. What are the odds that AC+ comes out for the PS2 in the US or the general US population converting to that version of the game in the near future? I've read things here and there and am left wondering. And I'm wondering if I should focus on one new character in AC or just learn basics for a few characters till AC+ comes out. If you were new to the game, what would you do? I have a fair bit of background in all versions of Street Fighter through 3rd Strike, all the Darkstalkers/Vampires, and the Marvel games up to but not including MvC2. To be slightly on topic: The yomi factor of fighting games is great- much greater than other competitive video based games I would think. Sirlin always has great articles. I 3rd the notion of adding a link to the General and Character frame data on the Player's Guide. This site's info rocks.

1. This can be as much a site for new players as experienced ones as long as you're not asking questions in the wrong place. Feel free to ask whatever you need in the gameplay questions thread, and even though it's discouraged, mods are usually fairly understanding if you think your question warrants a new thread when it doesn't. 2. AC+ has more bugs than the US console release, so it likely will not replace it as the standard. 3. The frame data link has been added recently, courtesy of Gwyrgyn Blood.

New topic: humble request for someone to please update one tiny part of the IAD section of the players guide. On a pad IAD seems easy, but I struggle on my stick (American style, not the square corners Japanese variety). Well I was struggling horribly until I found out that you don't have to tap 9 then 6, you can roll the stick from 6(forward) to 9(diag up-forward), then tap 6 (forward). This rolling trick is very very much easier for me, so I hope the info helps someone else. On the guide, it is mentioned that you can do the motion "Forward, Upback, Forward", but that sounded harder than the 9 to 6 option. When I realized the bit about rolling the stick, it all came together... no tapping on that first diagonal is the only way I think you can do it consistently on an American stick. Edit: In complete contrast to what I was talking about above, when "buffering" an IAD, yeah, it's fairly easy to just hold the 9 position and then tap 6 as soon as you start your jump from an jump cancel. I didn't want to confuse anybody on that part... completely different feel than when you are doing an IAD from a neutral position far from your opponent. thanks.

Sign in to follow this