Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Synthesis

[CS1] Mu-12 Oki and Setups Guide

lol crossunder and over: whatever > 6C > 5D > crossunder dash2D > cross back over IAD44 > j.2C > steins or j.236D etc.

Also probably known but Omohikane in the corner forces your opponent's position just a bit away from the wall (sorta like MBAA's vSion's 623C) allowing you to ambiguously cross up (IAD or superjump) if they like to neutral tech. Or a simple 5D > 623C pretty much option selects most wake up options.

Here's a set up I've been playing with.

After doing 3C>2B>5C>6C>5D If you go for the cross under and succeed. The stien you just placed will be in the perfect spot to do an explosion combo such as 5B>3C>2B>5C>6C>214D>5C>6C>5D (to reset the situation).

In addition, you can use the stien explosion to cross-under them again and try for a different type of reset/mixup.

Also, I had the idea of using the throw escape to create some kind of unblockable setup with the laser. I couldn't ever get anything to work, but I thought I would mention it. Maybe somebody else can manage something, or tell me if the idea is retarded.

It was one of the first things i tried with her, there is no unblockable possible this way, you can't hit your opponent out of throw escape and he can block instantly after the end of it.

Hmm... I played with that idea briefly. I was couldn't find a way to keep the person in the middle of the laser oki without having the charged stien relay the laser, and then disappear. I don't think any throw setup outside of laser oki would be viable anyways.

This might be crazy but...

5c 6c stein jc [stein] airdash land throw?

I haven't experimented anything with throw breaks and the like, so I dunno if the laser disappears or whatever. o_O

People can still just roll out of it, or jump.

Assuming it would work, the idea still is a bit impractical.

Does anyone have any specific explosion set-ups? I'm trying to encorporate them more into my game.

stein explosions setups? wouldn't that be just playing her neutral game and exploding them?

Fun setup:

6C 5D 6D IAD j.B

It either crosses up or doesn't depending on how far away they are after the 6C and the lasers will protect you even if you get hit, say if they mash.

cross up protection negates that pretty hard btw.

I kinda just try to use them as part of my block strings, like 2b 5b 2b 5b 5c 2c or whatever to push them towards a stein, pop it when they overlapp each other than either run up and continue pressure, or do a maximum range 63214c (varying the charge randomly) to shave off 2-4 gaurd primers. many times the opponent can get conditioned to block and take the full charge after they eat a few CH 63214c's trying to attack me or back off, and it works well to pressure them into mistakes and get them scared of mid range and long range explosions.

Another time i am trying to do it is during the 5d 6d dash 6d 5d oki. ive been trying to get the timing of placing steins during 236d so that the laser doesn't track them and reflect off of them, then go into a block string that lets me do the last paragraph again. I've found some success after a counter hit 63214c to place a 6d or a 4d as they get up and it usually makes them want to rush me haphazardly to get away from them.

also, i dont know if this is the place to dicuss this, but once you get the gaurd break, what do you guys do? i've decided that I'd set a stien in thier face and quickly pop it, then go into 6b and combo from there.

Does anybody have any setups for after 632146C? It does great Damage but it seems like landing it means the end of the vortex-ish-thingy.

stein explosions setups? wouldn't that be just playing her neutral game and exploding them?

That's what I figured. Just wondering if better minds had come up with anything else.

Well, for stein explosion setups, off Oki there's always that threat, but the best setup I've seen in order for you to consistently use steins in combos is 5D 4D and then if they're patient enough or you think you can get away with more steins, do j.2D IABD 5D. This gives a ton of steins at a level where the opponent can't just get out of 214D threat range without jumping.

To Pulsr: About that setup using the IAD j.B. I probably just play extremely bad people, honestly. I constantly play people who don't respect oki or rushdown or safe setups and I get easy combos and setups from it. This makes a problem for me, though, since I expect them to learn, but they simply don't so instead of learning trickier setups or respecting them, I have to just punish mash out attempts. I think that's why that j.B oki worked.

I mean, I raped someone just by doing 5D 214D and they WOULD RUN AT ME UNTIL THEY GOT HIT. I mean, seriously. I don't see why people in this game are so impatient. Play some Melty, man. :)

Blazblue - The game for skkrubbz

A day of gg will straighten them out.

After WoTD, l usually do 5d - 214d - dash 6b. if l predict their neutral tech.

Blazblue - The game for skkrubbz

A day of gg will straighten them out.

After WoTD, l usually do 5d - 214d - dash 6b. if l predict their neutral tech.

I personally backdash then poke with 5C when the opponent gets up, then 6C into steins(5D & 6D most often) on hit or block, which sets up for a lot later on :)

5D 4D stein setup on wakeup is pretty good against Tager's large hitbox. Most of the time I see opponents forced to block the explosions and sometimes I get away with breaking 5 primers via fully charged sword.

l'd watch Tager on oki. His fatass seems to get through alot of the things l throw at him, and then some compared to most of the cast. Sledge in general must be baited - It bad in general, but it rapes unprepared asses. On oki, it is recommended that you stay a safe distance (5c range) and refrain from using Ame no Totsuka after every KD or your ass may be raped... o.0

EDIT-l got super early ninja'd, lol. What FV said.

just started playin mu last night, i was in training mode practicing the cross under setups and tried bein creative. so after i end a combo with 5C, 6C, 5D i would run up and do instant(not really, so slow lol) overhead j2c, and it would whiff and i would land and do 2b and do another combo.

seems like it MAY be useful against ppl without a DP, not sure if it would be beaten out by 2a mash. I think the stein that gets setup could cover you for that. what do u guys think?

oh and of course you can delay the j2c ever so slightly to actually make it hit. MIND GAMES!!!

i didn't have time to test it since i was having fun just picking up mu for the first time

edit: woops, typo doesn't help that m is right next to n and they look similar

Mu not Nu. And that seems like a prototype crossover/under, whatever.

Looks like you'll only get 1-2 hits max...