Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TaoFTW

NorCal INSTALL! v.2 - August, 28th (We HitConfirm Everything!)

So anyways, there's little more than a week left before pre reg closes. If you haven't done it now, then I highly suggest you do it. If your name does not appear on the onsite reg list, then you have to pay full price!

Oh and somebody from socal being ken over! :(

Edit:

NorCal BBCS 5v5 QUALS will take place this SATURDAY AT SVGL from 9am - 12pm

The next tournament, for the fourth qualifier spot, will take place this Saturday (8/21) at SVGL during the morning arcade mania [9am - 12am].

- Round robin

- Best of one match.

- Limit 6 entrants

- Buy-in is the arcade mania card.

(if there are only two people who showed up to quals, then it's FT5)

(if only one person shows up, then they are automatically in the 3v3 exhibition)

(if nobody shows up, then fourth person will be picked based on NorCal SVGL seeding)

The fifth qualifier spot will be determined at tournament day (8/28).

I heard Hellmonkey was free yo.

want to mm? :]

Oh yeah! Rod, can you open your home, on the Friday before the tournament, to do a casual session?

I think Rod is already hosting a bunch of people so getting it even more crowded might be asking a bit too much?

btw how are the 3v3 socal teams being decided? I'd like to be on the gg and mb teams

I'm curious about the seeding as well for the main tournaments, how will it be done? It would be silly to have socal and norcal knock each other out in the first rounds, and I think the brackets should be balanced out by someone who knows the players so we don't get some really easy and some death sides of the bracket.

I think Rod is already hosting a bunch of people so getting it even more crowded might be asking a bit too much?

Then pay him as compensation for dealing with smelly hobos.

btw how are the 3v3 socal teams being decided? I'd like to be on the gg and mb teams

I'm curious about the seeding as well for the main tournaments, how will it be done? It would be silly to have socal and norcal knock each other out in the first rounds, and I think the brackets should be balanced out by someone who knows the players so we don't get some really easy and some death sides of the bracket.

For MB/GG Exhibition matches, 3v3 will be picked based on NCI's top 3 players. As for SoCal, I don't care how you guys do it. Vote on the top 3, do a tournament, do a beer pong match. JUST GET IT DONE AND TELL ME WHO'S ON THE TEAM!

Qwerty and KatanaDash (Tenkai for blackup) will be managing the GG tournament. I highly recommend you communicate - directly - to them (whether by PM, IRC, or in this thread) for the following:

- Who should not play who.

- Level of play between players.

- Seeding.

The same thing applies for BBCS (Spirit Juice and Aginor) and MBAAA (Tsubasa).

I like Zong over quash in an actual MM.

And yeah, I'll MM YAT, or Coopa, or whatever really. I'll MM anyone in MB/GG/BB as long as its cheap enough.

Okay. Sounds good, 'cause with the number of entrants, we're going to need as many money matches as we can get. I will make it cheap. 2 - 5 dollars. You choose. First to 5 in BBCS.

Okay. Sounds good, 'cause with the number of entrants, we're going to need as many money matches as we can get. I will make it cheap. 2 - 5 dollars. You choose. First to 5 in BBCS.

I think you should sift and update all the MMs that were said and done. We already have the following people doing it:

- Hellmonkey

- Ehuangsan

- Zenmetsu

- Zong_One

- Dacidbro

- Honnou

- Qwerty's coke

- Spirit Juice

- Qaeynin

There's still a few pieces missing. However, with the amount of MMs lined up, we can't stream it all. So we have to, at least, put some structure in this so we know who can stream when.

I nominate myself captain of socal gg team

I think we might be able to do 5v5 which would be cool

max is socal of course.

5v5 would be cool.

I didn't even know I had any money matches, except for the foney (funny) match with qwerty. And even that's not happening.

Still, leave my name, so that peoples know I'm open to them.

(There may have also been a couple small ones that I've made and forgot.)

So Coopa, copy pasta this into the front. I sifted through all the MMs people set in stone. YOU GUYS BETTER NOT FLAKE! :3 I sent you an email, so check it out.

MMs:

1. OrionXElite is calling out Dacidbro, Coopa and Spirit Juice!

-
Coopa Tager mirror
: FT5 for
$10

-
Ragna mirror
with Scott: FT5 for
$10

-
Swap mains with Dacid
: FT5 for
$10

2. Spirit Juice is calling out Dacidbro!

- FT5:
$10

3. Ginseng is calling out: Team battle vs Berkeley lanners in sc, wc3, sc2, etc. I'll be team captain.

4. Ehuangsan is calling out Hellmonkey, Fred, StenSatsu, Honnou, Shining Aquas, Qwerty and Magz!

-
Qwerty:
I'll put $10 against your 75c in a FT7 m9(`・д・´), Since you're such a broke jew, and since we can bring beverages, how about you bring a can of soda and put that up against my $5 in a FT5.

-
Honnou:
FT7,
$10

-
StenSatsu:
FT7,
$10

-
Hellmonkey:
FT10,
$50

5. Xie and Dacidbro are doing a as-you-play commentary MM: TBA

6. Whiteboywilly wants to do HnK MMs.

Honnou
Jagi Mirrors:
$5
FT7

7. Honnou is calling out: OrionXElite, KatanaDash, and Kijiyama!

- OrionXElite: Tager vs. Tager; FT7
$5

-
KatanaDash
: FT7
$5

-
Kijiyama
: FT5
Loser pays for food!

-
Stensatsu:
FT7
$10

8. Hellmonkey:

-
Stensatsu:
FT5
$10

-
Ehuangsan:
FT10,
$50

9. Qaeynin is calling out YAT and Snozz

-
YAT:
FT5
$5

-
Snozz:
FT5
$5

This is a total of 92 matches. MMs deserve to have it's time on the stream, but tournaments/exhibitions come first.

Alright real talk Hellmonkey, I'll mm in ShaQ Fu, I'm a beast in that game.

I'm down for a Shaq Fu MM. I'll even bring my copy for the Genesis along with 6 button controllers. Name your stakes :o

Oh also: I'm about to pre-reg. Will anyone pay for me to enter BB, or should I not bother?

If you enter BB, it'll be at a discounted price. That's the best offer I can give you. And I'll put you up on the MM list.

I think like 3 vs 3's and 5 vs 5's should definetly be on stream.

It is already scheduled to be on stream.

Hey Hellmonkey

I think I owe you a moneymatch from Evo. Am I mistaken?

Sure, I don't remember what it was though, how about ft5 for $30?

Yea I'll take money matches on hnk or bb.

hnk ft5 for $10?