Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TaoFTW

NorCal INSTALL! v.2 - August, 28th (We HitConfirm Everything!)

I have confidence in the new heads of NCI for their current farther north plans.

I just wanted to mention the options SJSU since the school year began in a worst case scenario.

One reason why the Berkeley venue was more favorable was because the tournament date was scheduled right before the SJSU school year began, which meant special pricing due to shorter building hours, special requirements from staff because the school year hadn't started yet, and the day of August 28th was literally an Open House/Staff Meeting Weekend.

Now that school starts once more, the rates that were originally much higher fall to their flat all-day rates, so the previously proposed ballrooms are now a more flexible option.

The summary of previous snags were that doors just closed and ended at 5PM; clubs have various meetings in the building tilll at least 9 PM standard with the year's beginning. However, the hours are not updated yet for this year's after budget cuts, so I could be wrong on this; this was before the previous summer, so this is justification.

However, I've also been actively figuring out how to hold meets in the class buildings with outsiders, as the CS Club was able to hold a local Smash tournament late at night till nearly overnight last year. LAN parties of the past also allowed access to classroom setups inside buildings, with projectors. It's an alternate idea from the SU that I've put on standby but are not 100% on.

If the reasoning for not SJSU is because of the parking situation or a dislike for the San Jose Area, then I can accept that, that's why I'm saying it's a backup.

As a side note, any plans to continue monthlies for BB at all?

P.S. Yes, I know that wasn't the first NCI ever, I obviously meant BB-wise. I've read the threads through, just never attended them because I didn't play GG/MB.

~Chun

"Tager's trying to get a grip, but she slapped those hands away.. Tager gets a few drinks he gets a little "handsy"... Lambda don't want that."

October would be too soon for me to drive up again.

D:

I realize I should actually have money when I go places.

BTW- Shout outs to Ginseng not posting a single word in this thread after being put on blassssttttt. :yaaay:

Just carpool with other socals like Im trying to do for SCR

The gas isn't the money issue.

It's having nothing to do the day before.

Restaurants, Bars, Hotel, Possibility of meeting a cute girl -being like hey I'm justin bieber get at this fever- and convincing her to go out on a date, etc, etc, etc.

Ginseng doesn't post anyway; I don't think he even saw it. :psyduck:

You would really blow all your money the day before instead of showing up to a tournament you could easily win/hang out with people you never see? Fucking scrub

GINSENG, THE SELF PROCLAIMED IMPERIAL TROLL, DOESN'T POST?

Stay Free.

I would be hanging out with those people at the restaurants/bars/etc.

You know, doing something to strengthen our bonds, outside of fighting games?

lol.

And if it's a tournament that I'd easily win, you're damn right I'd blow all my money the day before.

The day after, I'll have full pockets again.

Well.. you COULD easily win it. But so could I, or Zenmetsu. Or other people.

Haha, in that case, I'd save a little money.

Come on, give me some credit in the "planning for tomorrow" dept.

I'm Jersey, but I'm not THAT Jersey.. yet.

Haha, in that case, I'd save a little money.

Come on, give me some credit in the "planning for tomorrow" dept.

I'm Jersey, but I'm not THAT Jersey.. yet.

Jersey will always have enough money for tomorrow, one way or another. Bloody money spends just as well as fresh bills.

Kyle, there are lots of bars in Sacramento. I'll even take you to Faces... the local gay bar. Yes homo. :cool:

Should've said something while I was up there.

>.>

Gays need love too.

Even if it's not from me.

Jersey will always have enough money for tomorrow, one way or another. Bloody money spends just as well as fresh bills.

True dat, yo.

Kyle, there are lots of bars in Sacramento. I'll even take you to Faces... the local gay bar. Yes homo. :cool:

Oh god better watch it Kyle, I think Scott is gonna use you as bait to get all the dudes for himself:psyduck:

Kyle, in a runaway. Sorry Scott.

I strongly disagree with this statement.

For some raisin I think secret challenger Rod would take the cake.

HERE COMES DAREDEVIL