Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TaoFTW

NorCal INSTALL! v.2 - August, 28th (We HitConfirm Everything!)

It was totally awesome!! I could only see the stream for obvious reason, but I wish I had been there T__T

Good games to everyone, and THAT EPIC final Dacid vs Mike Z, congratulations!

Thanks IPW for the streaming, is the only way foreigners in boring countries like me can follow big events like this, I'll be looking forward the maches I missed in the BBVlog (it was like 4A.M. here!).

Despite the fact that people always had to come to me for every single boo-boo; despite seeing some poor communication; despite having to go to sleep and waking up in 3 hours lol; the event was a -resounding- success. I would, personally, like to thank everyone who showed up from SLO cal and SOL cal n' Reno n' PNW. I know most of you seen me as a raging ball of fire and fretting over every single mishap, but hey - at least it gets the job done.

Shoutouts:

- JacerX: Your dodging skills rival that of Dodgemonkey

- Sanoshi: There will a next time. There were also some girl power present in the scene; you're not alone anymore! :D

- Haunts: Thanks for lugging out that hype streaming equipment. You helped out more than our words can convey. We look forward to working with you in the near future.

- Spirit Juice and Aginor: I said it once and I'll say it again, "The fact that you guys managed to control miscommunication and still end ON TIME is -downright- impressive; you're all management material and I suggest you take over NorCal's T.O." Seriously, that was some messed up crap and guys dealt with it rather well.

- Koogy: I took all your advice to heart and it came out in epic proportions. Your advice and constructive criticism is, and always will be, gold.

- KatanaDash: Thanks for managing the brackets. I'm pleased to hear of some amazing upsets.

- Qwerty: Next time, you should overcharge people and take the money for yourself. Stay free.

- TheGURL: GET A REAL NAME! Btw, enjoy your loli wallpaper.

- Zenmetsu: Max, I wish we could've hung out more often, but I was flailing around the place like a headless chicken. We should just sit down and talk about things one of these days.

- Ginseng: Troll match was -almost- troll.

- MikeZ: If I were to put a person into the league of extraordinary gentlemen, then you would be in there. Thanks for coming out. I know it's hard on you to make it to these events, but your efforts are always appreciated.

- Goryus: Thanks for showing up. Your GF is a Tao and I appreciate it.

- Coopa: Thanks for hooking us up with IPW and friends. It helped to make the tournament with double-double hype.

- Honnou: You also deserve to be in the league of extraordinary gentlemen. Remember, keep on applying to the Daly City In-n-out. Communicate.

- Tenkai: Stay salty, but at least you have some weeaboo stuff to take home.

- Sims: It was great seeing you again. Thanks for coming out on short notice.

- Kennyon: Awesome as always. I miss you, we should hang out and talk.

- Zong_One: We need to play.

- Rinhara5aki: Thanks for the recordings. I'm sure you'll have a kick out of all the NCI matches around.

- Drayne_O: Gratz on the poster. I'm glad to know it's in good hands.

- 2GB: Stay cool and keep a calm head. You had a lot of hype moments.

- Tsubasa: Thanks for running the MB setups. As always, your hard work is much appreciated.

- Spidey: You are a cool guy and thanks for reminding me to take a breather. My blood pressure skyrocketed through the roof.

Some of you may have heard my rant about NorCal's lack of leadership. I am so sorry to inform you of this, but I am taking a -very- long breather from FGs, gaming, and Tournament Organizing. How long? Only time will tell. Regardless, you guys should continue with the hype train. DON'T LET THE HYPE DIE! NORCAL IS NO LONGER IN MY HANDS< BUT IN YOURS.

Edit: We have about 85 people show up + another 10-20 people as spectators. I've never seen so much hype.

thanks to taoftw for making it all possible

thanks to katanadash for running gg brackets even though i was supposed to

thanks to dean of eudemonia for letting us crash his place

thanks to everyone that let me use their sticks because mine is dead (ryan, vineeth, philip, david, aj, john)

thanks to starkilled for reminding me that i'm super free vs characters i don't fight against

thanks to max and ken for giving me much needed jam exp

thanks to pulsr and camaro for being enjoyable to fight against in bb

thanks to haunts for streaming this shit

thanks to everyone that came, this was the best tournament norcal has had in a long time

I love everyone a lot

Thanks guys. Truly fantastic tournament. One of the best I've been at, especially considering the CRAZY odds we were up against (The amount of shit to get done in 12 hours with every game's top8 being streamed was impossible, you guys that helped run it are unbelievable, all of you.)

Sorry for personally failing to keep the machine running, definitely spaced out and did not report at least 2 or 3 of my matches before I realized I wasn't reporting them.. I'm usually good about that kind of stuff, and I understand how frustrating it is being on the management side of it for that to happen, so my sincerest apologies. Thankfully for my sorry ass most of my matches were on the big screen, so it didn't hurt too many people. Lucky break for me.

Thanks MikeZ for never being satisfied with anything less than true professional play; I'm gonna keep improving, because Bang won't be this good forever. But you better keep improving too alright, I'll never let you hear the end of it if I beat you in a 5-5 or worse matchup. Your improvements from the last time I played you were huge, you capitalized on all kinds of failures you never used to and eliminated all of your bad habits. I was hugely impressed.

Zenmetsu, you are ridiculously good considering your general isolation from most scenes. You are one of the scariest American Litchi's, no doubt. I was very fortunate to run it back against you in losers finals, you had me terrified when it was 2-0. Aside from that, I love you as a person, very little homo.

Adam, keep it real.

Jesse, great to see you to begin with, and the after tournament shenanigans were too good. Thanks for keeping my tournament day alive for an extra 5 hours and listening to my general tiredness-drunk rants, so godlike.

Rin, I can't ever say it enough thank you so much for recording. It's a ton of work, ton of commitment and you do it without demanding anything in return. You're one of the reasons BB has an internet following for American play, I love it.

Haunts, same sort of thing, thank you so much for coming out to stream for us. I would have tried to get to know you more, but there was just way too much for you to do at all hours. I appreciate the incredible time commitment, all the viewers you brought to our BB tournament, the greased efficiency with which you transitioned all kinds of commentary and etc. Still wanna see that Daigo money match.

Everyone in Norcal that already knows I love them; I love you guys, and I will personally debrief you guys on the tournament in person so I can go into details easier. Proud of you guys, all of you.

I'll try to give more shoutouts to others later, I'm just... so fucking tired.

oh, thanks for the money guys lol

100% money match success rate woo

Thanks to all he tourney organizers (TAO!, katana, aginor, spirit, tsubasa I think?) for a great tourney where everything got taken care of even if it didn't all go as planned.

GGs to all I played, even if you took my money haha. Awesome top 8 for gg and bb. Very hype and exciting.

All you stream watchers (I think I it was ~1200 for bb and ~700 for gg?) learn the games and fly your ass out to next evo please so we can make sf4 shit its pants a little.

Thanks Koogy for the shirt.

I'm so bitter. But then again, I sucked. Which I knew was going to happen. It was a nice experience. Won't mind going to watch again.

LoL I was salty the moment I touched any fighting stick lol. Don't worry I got your back >:3

Again, this was AMAZING guys, if there is any description of HYPE AS F&*K, this was IT. TheBBVlog captured EVERYTHING. I have tournament matches, iPlayWinner combo footage, money matches, 5v5 exhibition matches, casuals.. i have THIRTEEN HOURS WORTH OF GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE. On this note, it will take A LONG TIME for me to upload all of this footage, possibly a month :< I promise I will deliver >:3

Thank you TAOFTW, FOR ORGANIZING THIS ENTIRE EVENT! I know how it feels to run EVERYTHING, its pretty chaotic. Props for holding this whole thing together for Nor, Slo, and So cal!!!

Thanks Spirit and Aginor, for RUNNING THE BRACKETS. Its never fun running brackets, but you guys held it together.

Thanks Dacidbro, you had some hype as shit commentary, and props to your money wins!!! And that comeback that one tourney round, "DACIDBRO YOU GOT IT!!":D Dude you badly needed the money xDD

Thanks Mike, glad you liked my promo :3 we got some amazing gameplay from you again, and we're really glad you came. Btw SKULLGIRLS LOOKS SEXY AS HELL >:3 I'm telling you, get me on that Skullgirls promo I'll hype dat shit up!!!

HAUNTS, YOU ARE AMAZING!! Again, you have the most beastly stream setup I've ever seen, and you trollin' the entire internet with HYPE DOG was the most hilarious shit EVER xDD Thanks so much for coming :333

Zong, ur so funni :3 YOU DESTROYED NORCAL xDD sorry we didn't have any blankets for you ;-;

Koogy, thanks for showing me up haha, the moment I started complaining you were like "-SHUT UP" lol.. It was fun though ^w^ thanks~

Jason D., Bang Camaro, Ginseng,and Pulsr, thanks for the combo's :3 even though some took A LITTLE LONGER THAN USUAL xDD

Coopa, we gotta hang out again :3 that was super fun. And grats on your LEGIT JAPAN MATCH against kennyon!! It will be coming soon ^w^

Thanks again everyone! :D

BB results are in the tournament results thread KatanaDash posted.

I'm surprised I didn't go into a sleep coma after I got home.

SHOUTOUTS LATER TO ALL MY NIGGAS

Tournament was so hyped. I'm glad to many people could make it.

Shout outs:

Taoftw - Tournament ran overall very well and I appreciate you throwing it for the community.

Dacidbro - Totally fun riding up and practicing with you. Sucks we had to play each other 2nd round but I wasn't free so its all good. We went in saying you'd take it and you did so congrats man.

Noej - Kelvin I told you that you got better and it paid off man. Totally did good and I'm glad you came.

Honnou - Best HNK match I've probably ever played. We totally have to do it again sometime. Maybe I'll start getting back into this so called Guilty gear lol.

Zong_one - Most likeable guy ever here. Seriously though it was awesome meeting you zong. Our money match was hype. I mean its still only 4-2 right?

Spirit Juice - Telling me don't do it and yet I did and totally failed. Next time maybe I should Blood Kain?

Koogy - Love the shirts keep up the good work. I wear mine with pride.

Rin - Without you vidoes wouldn't get up and people would lose hype so thanks for your hard work.

Iplaywinner - For everything. Without stream they hype wouldn't be there.

Everyone who used my stick - For someone reason everyone liked using my stick saying it was amazing.

Commentators - You guys kept the hype alive the whole time. I did for like one match but i really dont know how to commentate carl vs carl so I was kinda fail lol.

Overall impressed with everyone and everything so good job everyone.

Alright guys, I have a dilemma. And I need some input

I'm looking at most of the matches, and they are almost all over 10 minutes long. YouTube has a time limit of 10 minutes. I am rendering a HALF of a match, and the estimated time is 2 and a half HOURS. This it going to take WAY TOO LONG.

So what should I do? I have THIRTY SEVEN matches to go through like this...

I thought Youtube upped their time limit to 15 minutes? Anyone confirm or deny this?

I thought Youtube upped their time limit to 15 minutes? Anyone confirm or deny this?

Videos can be...

* High Definition

* Up to 2 GB in size.

* Up to 15 minutes in length.

* A wide variety of formats

^ it's in the upload section. So I think it'll be okay to keep them 10 minutes, Rin, right?

edit: oh yeah skullgirls looks amazing, keep at it!

Shout outs:

People on the IPW streaming set up not reporting results to me or Scott.

Spirit - It was nice seeing you again. Thanks for helping me yell out stuff; I really was losing my voice that day after yelling for like the first 2 hours. Also for helping me run the BBCS tournament.

Tao - For find a venue and being able to oversee everything

Ginseng - Need more Yukikaze and troll combos.

Rin & Orion - Providing me and Ginseng a place to stay because of the emergency. THANKS SO MUCH to both of you.

Bang Camaro - Hype as shit commentary. We really need to play and hang out some time. I didn't get to spend much time with you. It was great seeing you!

Pulsr - Sick ass Mu. I definitely would like to play you more!

Coopa - I wish I could see you more often but times are getting busy. It was great hanging out with you! Too bad we didn't get to play. It's ok. There's always next time!

MikeZ - You were really on point yesterday. It was nice seeing you. Oh btw, SkullGirls looks great!!

Haunts - It was great of you to come out and stream this event for us. Sorry if I wasn't keeping up with your IPW set up queues.

Everyone else I forgot, it was nice seeing you at NCI!

i can confirm this. the old limit allowed you to make videos 10:59 at the longest, the new one stops you at 14:59. i have about 25 videos up already that are between 14 and 15 minutes.

Rin, my advice; Upload as many of these fucking videos as possible. This tournament was amazing, having as many keepsakes of it up on the internet as possible sounds great.

Just take your time. I would have absolutely no qualms with getting to see an awesome bit of the past every 3 or so days for like 2 to 3 to 4 months instead of losing any footage. Just take your time, and after every video is done you can delete it. And if a match really has no value at all, too boring, no good commentary, nothing, just delete it for room.

Of course though, it's your computer, so if you need the space you can delete more or all if you really need to. Just realize that everyone is waiting for their matches and their favorite player's matches to hit youtube, and I know you don't like to disappoint. :d

Dacidbro, KatanaDash, Tsubasa and Whiteboywilly. You guys are the best people to be the successfully take NorCal INSTALL! to greater lengths. The foundation is all there. Use it to your advantage and ride with the hype.

Aye, as a new comer there myself. I found a lot of people who came out for their first tournament themselves. This one brought in quite a few people the scene, and I'd be more than willing to help in anyway I can with future tournaments. (might be limited because of school.)

thanks for the combo's :3 even though some took A LITTLE LONGER THAN USUAL xDD

YOU CAN HAVE THEM DONE QUICKLY OR YOU CAN HAVE THEM DONE RIGHT!

shout outs to norcal, hi norcal

shout outs to some random dude and his girl who over heard me practicing my kenshiro impression at some gas station on the way home ATATATATATATATATATA

shout outs to playing ken and rod in GG, I got wrecked, WHOOPS

shout outs to getting hella compliments for my FOB ass makoto that I honestly don't think I deserve yet, I got a ways to go

shout outs to ben cuz I love that fucker

shout outs to JASON D for getting us a hotel room and sleeping most of the way back

shout outs to college campus girls for being fine but not looking at me

shout outs to jam for having HUGE GUTS

shout outs to kelvin for getting astrald by me in tournament

shout outs to mike z for being a HUGE BITCH AS USUAL

shout outs to in n out for being open at 1:35

shout outs to john for being a cool guy and running a legit tournament

shout outs to purrin for being a big ol troll

shout outs to lambda and hazama for being a pain in my ass

shout outs to copper dabbit for not being there WHAT THE FUCK DUDE

and finally shout outs to all the cool people I didn't get to hang out with as much as I wanted to, but hey theres always next time

I just woke up. Norcal Install was so hype, it took the life out of me. So, small shoutout, since this seems to be a friendly trend.

Haunts - I know you aren't reading this because you never go on here, but thanks for having faith in this new fighting game community. It took a lot of time to promote the thing and to inspire faith in people, but you stuck with me. Thank you.

TaoFTW - I'm glad we got together on the idea. It was always in the back of my mind: "How can I get this community more recognition?" And when Norcal Install came up, it dawned on me that a lot of growth could come from this. Thank you for working so hard to manage the event; without that, any promotion for the community and Iplaywinner couldn't have happened.

Rin - You did a good job doing your thing. We are incredibly glad you are on the IPW team, man. Such a valuable addition diiiiiiiiiiis guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuy!

Dacidbro - Love your commentary. Love your friendship. You're a endearing guy. Sorry we didn't have time to money match, man. Keep representing Norcal with your Bang!

Zong_One- I love your preferences. Thanks for helping me with the Carl matchup. I honestly didn't know that a Carl could play like that 'til I met you. Got to practice it...somehow.

Aginor - Bro, thanks for working so hard on the brackets and all around being such a good friend. Next time you come over to Davis, man, I got you. We gonna be chilling like it's Christmas.

Ginseng - I know you didn't have the best of times at NCI, but I'm glad I got to see you, man. Thanks for always being a great friend. Your support means a lot. Hope for a Tsubaki buff in BBCS: 2. It's right around the corner.

Xie: Thanks for helping out with the commentary on the stream. I was worried we couldn't get someone to cover for us, but you did, and it's always appreciated. Keep it chill, like when you one the side bet on Qaenyin versus Hellmonkey ;_;

Bellreisa: Man, I was really happy you could make it to the event. I heard the stream really liked your commentary on Melty Blood. I also liked how watching your White Len play opened me up more towards Melty Blood. I liked hte oki and air covering options you did, as well as that bait throw you did.

Spirit Juice: Thank you for working on the bracket and juggling with the commentary. I know the request was unreasonable, but you did well and kept the stream hype as possible. There was entertainment at all times for the viewers because of yours and a collaboration of other people's efforts.

Koogy: How come you are always so funny? I'm glad you made sales at NCI, and I got a GOLDEN TIGERSHOT SHIRT, too! YEAH!

Bang/Makoto_Camaro: You are such a fun guy to hang around. If you ever are in Norcal, let's totally hang. Grab a beer. Watch a movie. Tons of homo.

All in all, NCI was really good, man. I haven't had that much fun in a tournament for a very VERY long time. Thank god I quit SSf4.

Jason D, I dunno if you check these, but good shit man. Even though I was having major controller issues, you still probably would've beaten me even if I wasn't. Props to using Rachel.

Ohhhhh, so you're Nate! You know, because your screenname here is so confusing apparently. And yeah, good games!

Jason D., Bang Camaro, Ginseng,and Pulsr, thanks for the combo's :3 even though some took A LITTLE LONGER THAN USUAL xDD

Want to hear a funny story? Right before we left I played a couple matches against Spirit Juice. Where, in match, I did that one corner throw double-fatal combo that I think I gave up on after a dozen times of trying it on film. It's like they always say: doing moves in real matches is easy, but you've gotta be pro to land it in training mode.

And as for shout-outs, yeah, good times to everyone I met! I probably should've played more casuals, but I was really tired for the latter part of the night. Oh well. I also didn't get a lot of people's names, so whoops. You'll definitely know me if you saw me playing, at any rate. So ggs to all of you!

Oh man that tournament was cool. Hype for every game, even the ones I suck at.

(Character)FTW: You's a pro the way you run everything. Sorry for running off for food and getting DQ'd from BB. Figured it was either that or be starving all day.

Rodrigo de la Honnou~!: Way to be a cool guy and know how to play Isuka and everything. Seriously, is there a game you don't know how to play? Also sorry for bailing on festivities after. So tired!

Mike Z: The kids love 'im! Skullgirls was cool, I didn't want to play it too much once finals started because I'm really bad at switching games, but I played a bunch with koogy and it looks like it's gonna be awesome. Even though I have nothing to do with that game, I was sad when you lost in BB. It's not easy being green.

Max Zenmetsu: Still my favorite Jam, only guy who could stop the Hellmonkey train, and a chill dude to boot. Hope you're not salty over getting sent to losers by some scrub.

Kugler: So have you heard of this guy Slayer? I bet you'd do good with him.

Ben Spidey: CARD SHARK. Yeah, I don't know anything about melty so... good shit in Phillipines-rules 13.

Sam: Way to be super hype all the time. I would have liked to play you in BB, but given that your brain has the power of math, I'm sure I would have lost anyway. Tell Stormlocke I said hi, then tell him to tell you I said hi.

Katanadash: I dunno how you have the patience to run everything like that. You were super pro with your tablet laptop, and on the mic during finals/5v5. Sorry I wasn't super serious in casuals at the end. Lack of sleep must have been starting to get to me.

David Hell/dodge/duckmonkey: I CAN'T BEAT YOU ANYMORE. Good games as always. Hopefully we'll get to play again before this game is really dead.

Fred: Your may is still the scariest in California, and thanks again for fixing my stick and talking about marginal components at Denny's.

Severin and Severin-except-straight (ZONG): Good to meet you folks in person. I dunno why people say I look like you. It's too bad we don't play the same game or I'd say GGs.

IRL Hype dog: What the fuck? I would have accepted a do-over if Rod had asked for one due to your meddling.

People I didn't mention: You're cool too and stuff.