Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

farranpoison

[CS1] Makoto vs. Litchi

You can parry and counter thru Great Wheel but Stickman will hit you out of counter. =/

parrying while under corner pressure is great, since litchi doesn't handle being pressured in the corner well

This is the truth, push Litchi in the corner with your BnB's into LV3 D's and your in good shape to win.

You can parry and counter thru Great Wheel but Stickman will hit you out of counter. =/

All Green can be parried and countered also, but due to All Green's speed, it reserved mostly for the pyschicly-gifted :(

Besides parrying , using bnb into drive to force her into a corner is pretty much the only way i stand a chance, if you can lock her into a corner it gets easier, but I still have alot of trouble with her, is this really all there is? lol

If she's trying to block string you, you need to IB her 2As and 5B the moment she's max range 2A/5B to break free, as this is normally when she 2D/5Ds to retain pressure. Either that or throw a good DP at the right time. Best time to DP is when she's stickless, because if you hit, you can apply free pressure (Litchi has no non IB 5CC counter without a stick). Don't get cornered. Litchi 5B will hit you out of 3C, don't try it, BUT if she goes airborne in the corner, 3C feint to escape. Air to air is bad in this match up.

This is probably THE worst approach match up you'll have to deal with. Note that you can generally pressure her more than other DP users, as if she blows her DP, she's free pressure. If you can catch her without her stick, DO NOT LET HER GO.

sorry, but when is 5B gonna hit 3C? when im close to a litchi online this usually works pretty well, cant remember getting hit with 5B wehn doing 3C at all

also:

does makotos j.B beat litchis j.b[m]? i like doing IAD j.b>DP as a match opener and i had it work against the last few litchis i fought.

does makotos j.B beat litchis j.b[m]? i like doing IAD j.b>DP as a match opener and i had it work against the last few litchis i fought.

litchi'sj.B is generally better cuz of it's range, but if you manage to get close-up, your j.B should beat her, specially if she's higher in the air than you.

Also, just for a bit more dmg u could always do IAD j.b>jc>j.b>DP, not a high increase at all, but if u can take a bit more and get a wee bit of more heat, why not do it? =x

Question:

During Litchi's corner pressure, is it possible to hit 2C (or other powerful combo starters) during 6C if you IB Litchi's preceding move? For example Litchi's 2C > 6C gatling?

litchi'sj.B is generally better cuz of it's range, but if you manage to get close-up, your j.B should beat her, specially if she's higher in the air than you.

Also, just for a bit more dmg u could always do IAD j.b>jc>j.b>DP, not a high increase at all, but if u can take a bit more and get a wee bit of more heat, why not do it? =x

i know^^ im just doing the DP cause most people just block jB normally(if they block it) and DP is only barrier blockable, so it goes through most of the time. if i do jB>jC>jc>jB>jC they tend to do barrier block. im going for a longer air combo more often now though:3

@twin

are people really doing 2C>6C? i never had anyone do that against me. i guess it wond work though since litchis pushing herself pretty far out with 6C

@twin

are people really doing 2C>6C? i never had anyone do that against me. i guess it wond work though since litchis pushing herself pretty far out with 6C

Well no, people aren't really doing that anymore (to my knowledge,) I just wanted to know in case the opportunity arose.

Well no, people aren't really doing that anymore (to my knowledge,) I just wanted to know in case the opportunity arose.

given its such a rare thing to do, u probably would not be able to react to it (unless you have mad reflexes), it would be safer to assume it won't be done.

I don't think parry is anything special vs Litchi.

I'd like to point that 2362366D PF can beat some of her set ups and reward you godly, and if she uses anything from half/full screen like daisharin or four winds then give her the BBS that she deserves.

Overall a pretty messy and annoying match up in neutral, but you can go aggressively braindead and give her a hard time by switching air and ground approaches :p

And do remember that IB can not only ruin her offense, but her neutral too.

Litchi has some slight Zoning capabilities that might make it hard for Makoto, but I think if Makoto goes all out rush down, it will exploit Litchi's weakness to overall pressure. You just have to be careful with any zoning and cross ups.