Sign in to follow this  
nohoho

Odds and Ends

Here's another Jagi movie from that series:

TY! - Yeah let's try Saturday. 4ish? I wonder if some other mode of communication would be more efficient here. Heh. BTW - I crept up on the back half of the high scores using round 3 start CD~E -> 6 -> 236CD with Juda. ^__^

Yes, 4ish? I will be there this time for sure!

ttp://page.freett.com/kuuronn/ New ones are the six at the bottom of the longest stretch of links. 20060510-1.wmv etc. Zen vs. 545 (some dude on a thread) Jagi matches ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Bgz7JMWYdI ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gpYjwuddmY

those where realy sick battles make one mistake and be punished with a combo that eats away a VERY great deal of your life bar. atlast some of jagi match movies i was wondering where i could find them.....i think jagi can be a fun character to play with

That mook does have proper frame data, I think, it's just that scans of the relevant pages aren't on that site. Can Raoh really 445E? Through fireballs? Heh? EDIT: whoa in the same goofy vein, one of the players in the video below tries some sort of 2145A~E trick [-> looking for a Say My Name throw?] with Jagi More Jagi vs. Jagi (aka:The Hokuto no Ken Combo Miss Extravaganza 2006) ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDQFV5JGgs8

Thanks for the vids, nohoho. Taji Kun's Juda is simply scary! Even Kurenai having a hard time to beat Taji Kun. Taji trap is crazy! It's fun to see Toki try to avoid the mine during his combo by jumping up and still end up step on it when he lands. Msin's Roah is very good too. His combo is stable and hurts. Even he misses the timing of 2A after spike, he is capable forcing opp to eat combo with a well timed attack after 2A x n...

Msin Roah is pretty hot shit. He won (with Waneseza Ken) the 2 on 2 tourney at a-cho this past weekend, beating Kurenai and DK. Results Page

re: something we were talking about in RL

Tuesday night @ TRF Arcade -- 300 Yen FREE PLAY 7pm to close:

Melty Blood, GGXX, Senko no Ronde, Rumble Fish, Spectral v Generation, 3S, HnK

Very cool.

Zen (Jagi) vs KI (Juda) EDIT: not just Zen -- MrNew (purple Jagi) tries his luck, too ttp://myaooon.homelinux.net/100MB/src/up0008.avi.html ttp://myaooon.homelinux.net/100MB/src/up0009.avi.html Password is jagi. Find the link (in the middle of the NSFW smut somewhere) to up000n.avi, right click -> save as. I'm working on a proper Odds and Ends post. Got some good stuff -- SBO scoop etc. The well is going to run dry soon, though. Does anybody have any requests? For Arcadia/Japanese thread HnK strategy, that is. Some basic information for your favorite character maybe? Tips on defeating so-and-so? TY! - 9.1 mil d00d, ch-ch-ch-check it

TY! - 9.1 mil d00d, ch-ch-ch-check it

Someone broke my record?! My "TY!" dominance is gone? It's beginning of Juda madness? oh no, time to go for 10 mil? It's just 5 x 5 sec perfect FKO :P

Zen (Jagi) vs KI (Juda)

EDIT: not just Zen -- MrNew (purple Jagi) tries his luck, too

ttp://myaooon.homelinux.net/100MB/src/up0008.avi.html

ttp://myaooon.homelinux.net/100MB/src/up0009.avi.html

Password is jagi. Find the link (in the middle of the NSFW smut somewhere) to up000n.avi, right click -> save as.

I'm working on a proper Odds and Ends post. Got some good stuff -- SBO scoop etc. The well is going to run dry soon, though. Does anybody have any requests? For Arcadia/Japanese thread HnK strategy, that is. Some basic information for your favorite character maybe? Tips on defeating so-and-so?

Any anti-Juda stuff?

Clear Sky - Yeah I think I can put something together. Finally some movies of Heart Typhoon loop! (outlined in the anti-Toki thread) ttp://page.freett.com/kakutougame/main.html

Mind giving me a few pointers about Ken and Shin? I heard the Boost will push you back but it seems Shin and Ken has a move which makes them dash forward. Shin's one (he dashes forward and punches rapidly while going mwahahaha) has wallbounce too.

Hehehe, AHO - 9.2 mil d00d, ch-ch-ch-check it

Shin dominance is back, lol!!!

Oh, I played Roah and Juda too, Roah's 44 E is awesome!!! It's the hyper evasive advancing forward technique in Hnk. Juda's banishing strike is simply brutal, all the sudden Shin isnt that good anymore when Juda can pretty much do the same thing plus two guys to help. Oh well, all the buttons and sticks are good in Kongman so far, I could expect some heated battle tomorrow.

Nohoho, if you read this post before you leave for tomorrow's gathering, can you burn a CD packed with the good stuffs like Mr Heart's Typhoon loop, Jagi matches or some weird cool combo vids. I really want to see them.

tianyuan2k4 - Niwi-niwi-nice work with the high score! heh Oy, the other day I mentioned FREE PLAY game centers being part of the Japanese arcade scene -- check out Kurenai's comments re: that very thing below.

zer0kage - Have you looked at the Fist of the North Star arcade movelist @ gamefaqs.com? Maybe that would help?

(hmm, one of these days I need to post a revision for that thing)

SBO SCOOP

---

Kurenai Interview

Here's my translation of an interview with SBO winner Kurenai no Buta. There's a picture of him here (third from the top.)

Arcadia: How does it feel to have won?

Kurenai no Buta: It's the best! It feels totally awesome. This is the first time I've come out on top so... look out! (laugh) I'm always getting stuck in the semis, so during the finals I thought, "another top four finish?" but my opponent made a mistake* so that saved me.

[* - taji-kun failed to convert on a three star -> finishing strike combo opportunity]

A: What was your impression when you saw the brackets?

KnB: There wasn't anyone in my block that I had a losing record against so I figured that I would be the qualifier from that block. Shiro was in the block above me and I thought, "this could be bad," but he wound up losing which helped me out. I really didn't want to face Shiro or MDR, you know? I play against MDR a lot and I'm always getting smacked around. Among the players who advanced to the final eight, I was a little worried about D.K. Once he lost his match on the opposite side of the draw I thought, "now I have to win this."

A: What was your toughest match?

KnB: My first round match against Nemo. He got a perfect on me in the first round. Once I was able to ride that out I felt confident enough to say, "I can go the distance today!"

A: What was the key to your victory?

KnB: To put it simply, I didn't miss many combos. I worked hard back home on not missing combos and it paid off. Also, I spent all day at the local fixed-rate free play arcade playing against D.K and Yurarix and that gave me a lot of confidence against Kenshiro and Juda. Because of that, I was able to win the finals.

A: Any plans for the future?

KnB: Even though I won, there are a lot of players out there who I lose to based on ability. I'd like to continue until I'm able to beat them more consistently. I'll keep on fighting. Of course, even if it isn't on Hokuto, I'll be aiming for SBO next year!

A: How about some final words?

KnB: As long as you try your best, the results will come. Whether it's games or whatever, let's all try our best, shall we?

Match Highlights

[note: while the above was a straight-up (if clunky) translation, I'm going to go back to my usual style of paraphrasing/picking out key points below]

pigmy (Toki) vs. Shiro (Toki)

[pigmy = nittobo <> nitto(the 3S player)]

Both players dropped a lot of combos which made this disappointing. Pigmy takes round one. Shiro asserts himself and takes round two. Example of Shiro beastiness: in round 2 he cought pigmy whiffing a counter and reacted to it with boost -> weak kick -> combo. Round three pigmy: one star, Shiro: three stars. Pigmy lands a crouching hard kick and everyone thinks that the match is over... but pigmy blows the combo and Shiro comes back to win.

Tomono (Shin) vs. G.X (Raoh)

Tomono uses a Nanto Hakuen Tenshou (236D) trap, guard cancels when G.X tries to break out of it, wins round one. G.X comes back to win round 2 with some big spike combo action. Round 3 both players have four stars and play defensively. Tomono guard cancels some G.X crouching weak punches but G.X anticipated the guard cancel and busts through it with a Tensho Raigeki. Ch-ch-ch-choiversal! One more combo after that for the G.X win.

SBO Scoop to be continued...

GENERAL

---

Double Jump Kross-up Trick

Jump over your opponent's head with a regular jump. Once you're on the opposite side of them simultaneously press up on the joystick and an attack button to turn around and attack them from the other side. For whatever reason the double jump input here only serves to turn your character around; they won't actually jump again.

This trick doesn't work for the first of Rei's double jumps since he doesn't turn around. BTW, Check out an earlier Odds and Ends item for Thouther -- "Jump Cancel Tricks" for a more complicated case using the same basic principle.

Jump Attempt While Blocking

Only backwards (1, 4 and 7) joystick directions can change your status while you are stuck in block stun. If you do any other joystick input your character will stay exactly where they are until the block stun is over. If your opponent does a blocked attack and immediately goes looking for a two-way low/throw mix-up you can use this trick to avoid both by holding up or up-towards after blocking the first move.

For example, after blocking a crouching weak punch from Shin hold up or up-towards and:

- if he chains into a crouching weak kick, you'll continue blocking low

- if he tries to throw you, you'll jump away

JUDA

---

The Taji Trap

Named after the 2nd place finisher at SBO, the Taji Trap is a special Juda combo -> okiseme sequence that loops very neatly back onto itself without using Boost or Aura.

First part: CD -> 6 -> C -> 623A -> jB -> jA -> AC -> j2A -> A -> 421A -> 2D (otg) -> 236B

Second part: CD(hold) -> mine hits -> jB -> jB -> jA -> AC -> j2A -> A -> 421A -> 2D (otg) -> 236B

etc. etc.

The crouching hard kick OTG hit here prevents Juda's opponent from using a wake-up delay that would otherwise allow them to avoid the Dagar attack. Additionally, if the charged Banishing Strike is done quickly enough it'll arrive while they're still blocking Dagar and thus Agility Defense is off the table.

The key to getting the loop to work is to place the land mine close enough to the corner that it hits after the max charge banishing strike. Dash or boost before the first standing weak punch might help here.

The Taji Trap is particularly deadly when Juda's opponent doesn't have enough Aura meter to guard cancel their way out of it. Raoh (w/o a power up), Thouther and Jagi are in especially deep shit if they get caught in it.

Here's a clip (from one of last month's stage:4 movies) that shows Taji himself doing one loop of the trap. Msin does a Raigeki to escape the next loop.

http://media.putfile.com/juda_okiseme1

Also, K.I uses the Taji Trap with varying degrees of success in the Jagi vs. Juda series I linked to above.

BONUS OFF-TOPIC ITEM

---

Arcadia: What was your toughest match?

MOV: Tokido from Team Keeper. I've known him for a long time and we both know the ins and outs of Chun-Li but I lost so that was regrettable.

Spellmaster-J: All of the matches were tough, you asshole!

First part: CD -> 6 -> C -> 623A -> jB -> jA -> AC -> j2A -> A -> 423A -> 2D (otg) -> 623B

Second part: CD(hold) -> mine hits -> jB -> jB -> jA -> AC -> j2A -> A -> 423A -> 2D (otg) -> 623B

Here's a clip (from one of last month's stage:4 movies) that shows Taji himself doing one loop of the trap. Msin does a Raigeki to escape the next loop.

http://media.putfile.com/juda_okiseme1

Typo there....... 623B should be 236B

I wonder, would 412B be at all useful after the opponent has been downed? Or is the Dagar meter cost too high for it to allow the loop to continue?

BagLunch - gracias!

All of the assists can be used in okiseme. White sometimes uses the Dagar uppercut as part of a dam set-up I think. (in the Taji Trap you need to save him for 236B)

Dam OTG -> 421B -> unblockable -> Dagar hit -> etc.

The comac poison attack works, too

knockdown -> 236A -> 236B -> AB -> Comac grabs them -> combo

Tritone - I was going to do a little piece for the next BONUS OFF-TOPIC ITEM but what the hey. Note: much rougher than the HnK TL. Heh.

Arcadia: What was your toughest match?

Yukinose: When we faced Nemo's team in the qualifiers I OCV'ed them so that was nice. Today KA2 wiped them all out.

KA2: There weren't many tough matches...... actually there weren't any tough matches.

GNT: I was here, that's it.

A: Who was the MVP today?

G: Thank you very much, KA2.

A: Did you have any special training or counter tactics?

G: Not at all. Just played the game.

Y: We were [i was?] on the right track when we made this team. We thought about it and assembled a team that gets along well.

K: I feel like there wasn't any time when I wasn't playing this game. I was on it five days a week.

A: Any plans for the future?

G: I'd like to participate next year. One win or all wins would be nice.

Y: I think I'll show up next time but I'd like to try out Melty Blood and go for the double crown.

K: I'm starting work at a company this year so I don't think I'll be able to be this involved any more but I'd still like to go for the repeat victory.

A: How about some final words?

Y: I guess there weren't many out there, but I'd like to thank everyone who cheered us on. What makes fighting games interesting is being able to read your opponent, so let's think about it carefully and have fun. [ugh]

G: This year I was the weakest and the strongest. It's better when you play the game. If you don't play you wind up like me.

K: I'm sure there aren't any, but thanks to everyone who cheered us on. Also, I think that having an "unbreakable spirit" is very important for fighting games. No matter how much you're getting worked over, if you don't get angry you can improve your own game.

Good games with nohoho today, another 1 sec FKO from Juda!!! Why dont I block??? See, see, turtling isnt a bad choice in some situation. I bought the Arcadia thanks to nohoho's direction to that Japanese bookstore right after. That "Jump Attempt While Blocking" is quite useful. Especially against characters with deadly throw. Anyway, my simple summary of Kurenai Interview... Kurenai no Buta said: Gotta beat em all! Nohoho, since you have been playing against my Shin and Mr.Heart for a while, maybe it's a good time to write up some strategies against them. It will give you and others a better and clear insight to deal with them while I can see it as pitfall of playing those characters. It's a win/win, hehe! Also check out the Jp bbs about that Shin's 236D trap. Though I will look for that too, you could understand Japanese better than me. You can add tips against Shin's 236D trap to anti Shin strategy too! It's a win/win again :D :D :D Oh, when will you go to play Hnk next week? I hope I could play my defense game a little bit better this time, your Juda's okizeme is just overwhelming.

New movies @ Stage:4 - Pre-SBO tourney.

Tomono Shin got first above Shiro and G.X? Maybe folks were sandbagging. Lots of good players, anyway. This old post of mine still applies as far as how to scoop the movies up. Oh, hmm, Shiro does write that Heart player's name as "keith" not "keese." I'll be damned.

tianyuan2k4 - You know I wanted to try to be more sophisticated about the mid screen Juda 2D but I totally forgot.

2D (block) -> 236B -> etc. is fine, right, but

2D (hit) -> 236B is garbage and I gotta stop doing it.

In the jagi vs. juda series KI Juda sometimes does 2D (hit) -> 421B -> dash forward which is pretty interesting. Juda's opponent tech hits but Dagar covers the gap if they try to run away. Of course: 2D (hit) -> E -> C -> CD -> E -> 2C -> 236CD is something worth practicing, too.

Arcadia has run some minor anti-heart and anti-shin items. I don't think that there is a whole lot of good information out there otherwise, though. I'm hoping that these new Tomono and Rose Shin vids will be illuminating. (oh btw I'm pretty sure Juda Stamp (623A) works against the Shin trap it just takes a bit of reflexes. heh I don't mind when that shit trades anyway)

Sign in to follow this