Sign in to follow this  
nohoho

Odds and Ends

Yeah, I want to see Tomono's Shin, I tried to do the "Tomono combo" from stage 4 shin discussion, people say it's very stable and damaging while I only did it once today after many games. Great news Nohoho, I convinced the owner changed the game's region to Japanese! Jagi has "Say My Name!" now! Awesome! I will go to Kongman on Monday afternoon.

You mean it's possible to change the game to Japanese without buying a new one? The game at my local arcade is "Fist of the North Star" and hence no Jagi's Say My Name..

talk to the owner and change it to Japanese... oh, also try to beat these score folks. Toki: 15,682,300 Mamiya: 15,615,900 Souther: 16,390,800 Juda: 16,386,300 Roah: 14,775,500 Rei: 14,392,600

By the way, is the answer for Jagi's Say My Name really randomised? It doesn't look so to me..

By the way, is the answer for Jagi's Say My Name really randomised? It doesn't look so to me..

Oops, I didnt notice this one, I think it's randomised but really not sure. I will check that again tomorrow.

After spending whole afternoon playing Shin, trying to do different combo I found in stage 4, this is MVP combo for me:

Anything > Banishing Strike > 6 > A > 214C > E > C > 236C > A > 236C, 236C follow up.

There are many others, but this is the most stable combo so far, and damage really make me laugh. Here are a couple reasons why this combo is good:

1) stand A after auto boost from Banishing Strike works against everyone from anywhere. It's important because most other BS combo doesnt work across full screen, which quite often if Shin break out the Okizeme in the corner with 2A or 2B that leads to BS.

2) C after the second boost seems to float opp a lil bit higher so 236C > stand A > 236C will work and stable. And damage from this part is huge.

3) the last 236C, 236C follow up should be delay a bit. the 236C follow up hits opp of the ground! The best thing about it is even the 236C follow misses, Shin is will be recover far away and thus quite safe.

There is one problem with this combo though, it doesnt work against Yuda!!! I played against Juda three times to make sure it's not my command mistake. I have to find another combo for him.

Here are other Shin combo I tried:

Banishing Strike > 6 > C > 214C > E > C > A+C > 62369B

BS > 6 > C > 214C > E > C > 6A > A > 6A > D > 236C > 214C

^ pretty cool, but I cant get D after 6A!

BS > 6 > C > D (2hits) > 214C > E > D (2hits) > 236D > (jA > JC) > dash > J(A >C) > C > 236C, 236C follow up.

^ Tomono combo

BS > 6 > 236C > A > 214C > C+D+E > E > 2C > D (1hit) > 214214 C+E

6A > E > C > D (1hit) > 214C > E > C+D > E > A+B

63214A > move forward a bit > close C > D (2hit) > 214C > E > C > D(2hit) > 214214 C+E

63214A > 2C > 214C > E > close C > AC > jA > jB > 623B

63214A > C+D > A+C+E > jA > jB > 623B

63214A > fastest far C > 214C > E > 236CD

E + 2B > 2C > E > 2A > C > BS

^ Sneak attack combo starter

2D > 236D, jC > stand C > D > 214C > E > C+D > E > 2A > 2C > 236236C

I will continue to play Hnk tomorrow, hopeful there will be more improvement...

From match 22 (yurarix vs. keith -- otherwise a pretty good match btw)

Posted Image

LiteSabre - I'm glad you mentioned that. I don't normally download toki vs. toki movies. heh. Sometimes it seems like the rules in this game are like rules in WWF wrestling: a lot of the time the ref is looking the other way. BTW - do you know what's up with crouch blocking IAD attacks? Tomono does it in match 1. 0084 does in match 14.

1) stand A after auto boost from Banishing Strike works against everyone from anywhere. It's important because most other BS combo doesnt work across full screen , which quite often if Shin break out the Okizeme in the corner with 2A or 2B that leads to BS.

Have you experimented with auto-boost -> heavy strike -> boost here? There's an example on the wiki (with a Juda-specific variation) but I don't know how the damage compares to the stuff you're working on.

EDITa

Oy I'll put that pre-SBO tourney on a CD. Tomono and Rose Shin both pretty interesting. Neither of them look for command throws very much which I found kinda strange but...

EDITb

btw 2 jagi vs jagi movies that slipped past me. The first one, zen vs. 485, is one of the best (fewer combo misses etc)

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzZe1R0cM2w

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH_4Ify0yM8

Yup, I tried auto-boost -> heavy strike -> boost for Shin, ppl call that TRF combo. It has to be done at mid screen, which makes it situational. Damage wise is good, usually it takes about 50% of life gauge. Well, most Shin's combo does that damage, heh. I think it require Shin at least above 1 boost gauge to do that heavy strike combo. It's not that useful in my opinion. And it's lesser stable because the timing between both boosts and heavy strike are easy to mess up. It require some practise to make it better. Wait a second, am I start to sound like Kurenai? Spending all day practising stable combo? I seriously believe I should start to explore Shin's 236D trap now...

On the subject of moves not playing by the rules, I thought it was odd that Toki's launcher launches even if the person is being wall bounced. Who else can do that? Raoh's definitely doesn't.

CD during a wall combo breaks the cling effect and causes the opponent to fall to the ground; he just launches the opponent before he falls. IIRC Raoh's is too slow to do the same, but some chars (like Kenshiro) can also do it.

Yes, it's total randomised! For both parts. And you dont have the much time to pick the right answer, good luck for this one...

Nohoho, let's meet up this Saturday. We can play Hnk then go to CF see the SF3/CVS2 tournament. What do you say?

Jagi vs. Jagi and Jagi vs. Thouther(long) ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCWgaN4_fcw ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbDyU0-sqPA I'd enter a Vampire Saviour tourney if that materialized, I guess.

HnK movies up at a-cho.com. Semis and 3rd place match (wane+msin vs. kurenai+dk finals not yet up) from the June 3rd 2on2. Oh one of those Toki players (the only one in acho_hkt_20060604b) is Kindebu -- well known GGXX player? Man, that Jagi vs. Thouther series above was an even worse bloodbath than the Jagi vs. Juda one.

hello i have a question about hnk: 1/ why it's so difficult with shin : cd/6/c/d/214c/e/d 2hits/41236 d + ja.a ? depend with specific characters ?

Vampire Savior? Okay, that's the game I like a lot but I choose to stand in the back watch ppl play. Couldn't get use to the game when I was a kid (8 or 9?), couldn't find a peer later on, couldn't beat vets like Shag. I know, the last excuse is lame, but Shag is good in that game for sure. Someone just please point me out the secret simple way to play that game! I could trade you my easy trick to abuse Mr.Heart(most likely being abused really):P Anyway, can Jagi ever win? "Say my name" is quite useful from what I saw in the vids against Juda. Plus Zen often uses 44 to dodge Juda's heavy strike/Banishing strike. It sometimes work, but other times he just eat the combo. Well at least he tried so I know 44 does have some invincibility. And how bad could Souther beat Jagi? I really like to see. Maybe I can convince Shag Souther doesnt suck with that? At least not against Jagi? My PS2 just broke down last night, have to go to Chinatown again today...

I watched the old vids and found something I need for Shin. Against Yuda, Shin's basic combo after Banishing Strike is Auto Boost > far C > 236C > A > 236C > 214C. Here are the Shin combo I discovered in the vids: CD > E > AB > 66 > far stand C > 236C > A > 236C > 214C ^ no boost gauge required. Because Shin can run after AB, I was jaw dropped when I saw it first time. It could be done across the screen, I think it's in a Shin against Yuda match? Awesome... 2B > 2D > 236D > 2C > C+D > E > stand B > 2C > 214C > E > anything ^ I have problem getting 2C to hit after 236D, it seems to be character and distance specific. Need to practise it more. 63214A > C+D > E > stand B > 2C > 214C > E > stand D > anything 63214A > C+D > E > stand B > 236C+D ^Solid -2 star fatal KO combo, looks cool, but sometimes 236C+D misses even it hits after stand B. Then there is Shin's far stand C. It's quite amazing because it has 2 hits, which means if both player does a move at the same time, Shin's far stand C's first hit may neutralize opp's attack, the 2nd part will hit opp afterward, then you can connect a 623B. I saw Shin does far stand C > 623B > air B > land stand A > 236C > stand A > 236C > 214C in the beginning of the matches a couple times, the damage is good. It's a good openning move. Jagi's "Say my name" is simply crazy. If it dizzies your opp, they are pretty much dead when they have only two stars left. CPU Kenoh never choose wrong in the second part though. Oh, I saw all Bantyo matches from the vids Nohoho gave me. All I can say is Bantyo is a mad genius. His Rei is just maaaaaaaaaaaaaaad! No wonder I heard ppl said Shiro's face turned blue against his Rei when he just keep jumping around and doing projectiles in the air. And all those loops, combos he did are nuts compare with other Rei players. Bantyo just cant stop running. He loses whenever he blocks a lot... Very unstable gameplay but very fun to watch.

hello i have a question about hnk:

1/ why it's so difficult with shin : cd/6/c/d/214c/e/d 2hits/41236 d + ja.a ? depend with specific characters ?

Wait, cd/6/c/d/214c/e/d 2hits/41236 d + ja.a? It's D 2hits > 236D > jA, jC. I think it has to do with the timing of input the 236D after stand D(2 hits). Of course there might be distance issue. It should work against all characters though, from I read in stage4. I need to practise this combo more to be able to tell. It's better to see Tomono does his combo in match video, but I havent seen one yet.

thanks a lot ! another question : in this game they are many solution for jump air dashing 1/ 866 2/93 3/96 4/8623 > if your characrter have a 236 or 623 move in air is not a good solution ! What is the best solution for jumping rapidely? exemple for crooss up your enemy rapidely with rei jump b / 2a /d/ CD ?what is the best move ?

Heh, I only need 96 for Instant Air Dash, just like GG? Why? That because in most case when you input the direction "9" the game will often read something like 69 or 96. It's quite impossible to input 9 without hitting 6 or 8. So all you need is input a 6 after 9, the game will read either 966 or 696. Either way, you will perform an Instant Air Dash. So if I want to Shin's IAD B to cross up opp, all I need to input is 96B. I think there might be a tiny gap between 9 and 6. You CANNOT input the command TOO FAST, you need some timing in the beginning. But once you get use to it, you wont be able to stop abusing it for a while :D Very simple and fun.

That's why I put a "quite" in there. I know it's possible, but it's hard to just hit 9. If you can see the command input display, most of the time you will see 69 or 89 instead of just plain 9 jump. As long as you not moving the stick more than twice for Instant Air Dash, you should be fine.

The game just doesn't care if you use 9 or 6 for the first input to the back dash.

Back dash? Am I missing something?

Talking about back dash, I just watched some older vids Nohoho gave me. I see that Rei often back jump first, then cancel it to air dash B to cross up. It's actually quite slow compare to IAD, but it simply works. And man, when I was wonder if there is any vids display a combo more than 100 hits, then I saw Roah does a 125 hits combo on poor Rei! G.X., you are the man!

Sign in to follow this