Sign in to follow this  
nohoho

Odds and Ends

So in ranked order: Toki, Raoh, Rei, Yuda, Shin, Ken, Heart, Mamiya, Souther, Jagi The overall point differential between Toki and Raoh is surprisingly small, significantly smaller than the difference between Raoh and Rei (the next place). Shocking! It's weird how that suddenly goes nuts after Rei, with a 10-point drop. I'm also surprised that the matchup between Ken and Raoh is that lopsided in Raoh's favour. Interesting that Ken moved down and Shin moved up since the last ranking. Souther's star just keeps falling. At this rate, he's going to be beneath Jagi's boots in no time. Cute that one of Jagi's best matchups is against Shin.

A bucket of white vs. rei vids on white's blog.

ttp://white-chiryaku.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/

white_vs_ki1.mpg etc.

Cute that one of Jagi's best matchups is against Shin.

If Jagi could just combo off of the knee (6B) I feel like that match would be even.

Raoh IS pretty good, but that always seemed like a bad match for Raoh. No real good DPs, not a lot of options to get around Toki's crap. Raoh's kinda slow, which is not a good thing to be around Toki. Well I had a productive evening anyway. I only get to play maybe once or twice a month, so I actually got to learn some stuff today. - FINALLY mastered Fist Canceling (kara cancel into CD), got it down about 95% with Raoh/Jagi/Rei. - Got down 2C IAD with Raoh about 90%, can now do corner shenanigans with fist cancel into big damage wall combo for no meter usage. Standard combo doesn't work against Raoh? - Got Kenshiro's wall bounce loop up to 4x reps at maybe 75% consistancy. It's got issues against Raoh/Shin/Thouther, but I've got sort of alternate combos for those now. - Got Kenshiro's 623C cancel into AC working maybe 50% of the time, still can't land the combo after it. :/ - Finally got Thouther's combo into CD down, it's just a stupid timing issue with doing it fast enough. Things to work on: - Doing Raoh's second rep of 2C > Boosted IAD j.B 214B ... learn how to boost it properly so it goes down forward and not up forward. - HIT THE TIMING ON THE STUPID AIR SPIKE ALREADY OKAY - Still can't do relaunch combos with Thouther... can seemingly at random manage to get one, but overall not having luck.

Gwyrgyn - You wrote earlier (maybe in that anti-Toki thread) about how Raoh wants to jump around a lot vs. Toki. At the time I was skeptical (I was thinking: death by saihaken) but that is exactly what Msin/GX do with pretty good results.

What Fist Cancel combo (heh, if they did an HnK vs. Rival Schools game we could have Fist Cancels vs. Justice Cancels?) are you referring to with Jagi?

Juda's (far D -> 2CD~CD) is somewhat useful, too. Beat some low attacks with the hard kick then no-gauge banicon.

New movies at ekimae center. Tetsu won (giving the thumbs up here) though I don't think Shiro, Toma nor white showed up this time. This is that place that ups really nice looking vids, anyway.

http://www.filebank.co.jp/guest/shakuji/

folder: ekimaecenter

pass: guest

Yeah, jumping around against Toki is about the best you can do because Toki will rock the hell out of you if you are on the ground. Toki loves to try and parry you when you do that though, but that means you just land and do 2B instead. That of course gives Raoh a 60% damage combo for no bar. Toki also loves to throw projectiles at Raoh while he does this, but getting into a projectile battle against Toki is a bad idea because he can throw those things out like nobodies buisness, and then just teleport under you or whatever else. Raoh's jumping around with j.B is really good. I see a lot of just normal jumping forward into j.B, and then either dashing forward or double jumping for more j.Bs. It's all pretty simple, but it works because it has huge range. Against Heart, you can just jump and j.B him twice like a dust loop, but he'll usually just throw you for doing it. :/ Besides that, mixing up with the crossup IAD j.B thing, you can replace j.B with j.D and some times NOT crossup. Nice mixup, although I don't see a lot of it from the japanese so maybe there's a way around it. The other new mixup I see used a lot is to just to force a block of Raoh's 2C. At this point, you can either IAD j.B (can even crossup), or just do a late 2D. Either way, you get big damage. Raoh has a LOT of mixups... but he really suffers when he puts someone into the corner because he can't crossup or anything. His High/Low by default is really weak because his IAD is slow compared to most, and his 6B is reactionable. 2C mixup, unblockables, or frame traps tend to work better. I also started just spamming CD on block lately... 50% boost, you can't really argue with it. As for Jagi, I was just refering to the generic doing D CD cancel. I actually have no idea what his combos are yet, I was just messing around with him the other day trying to figure some stuff out, but I was not very successful. I dunno how you guys to the Fist Cancel but personally I just roll D~C, I find it's the easiest way. It's also possible to do it D CD or just CD CD, but I find hitting two sets of inputs for one move is a bit counter intuitive to my brain. Oh yeah, for Heart, is there a good blowback combo that doesn't use Itei-ou? Right now I've only got 2B CD 6, A D 623A, 236236A. I've heard there is a loop with D > j.D, but I can't get him to belly flop fast enough. Do you have to IAD into j.D?

Yo guys! I've been here in the forums for quite some time now but I haven't been able to register until today so I would like to start by thanking some people here and also introduce myself to you.

First of all, I would REALLY like to thank nohoho for all the posts and links! Man, your information is incredible! It's so great that you can also get information and matches straight from the top elites from Japan! Excellent man! Keep up the amazing work! :china: :thumbu:

And I also want to thank Gwyrgyn Blood for writing terrific Raoh and Kenshiro guides! And also tianyuan2k4, LiteSabre and everyone else for helping out with the rest! Thanks a lot guys! I will definitely help you all out with everything I can later on!

Here's a little info about me: :grin:

I'm greek but I actually live in Sweden and I've had the HNK game since march (I play it using a "supergun"). My two main characters are Kenshiro and Raoh and I also use Sauza, Rei and Toki sometimes.

I'm also one of the founders of Sweden's biggest Tekken community called "LightDash". We have our own gaming local in Stockholm and we have lots of TVs, PS2s and Tekken Tag arcades so people can drop in anytime and play. In the beginning, we focused only on Tekken but now we allow any fighting game in the community and in the local. 3D, 2D, doesn't matter. So thanks to that, we have many more members now.

And when it comes to Hokuto No Ken, I've been a HNK fan for over 18 years now and I've been waiting for a game like this ever since Street Fighter II came out to the arcades. So this game is like a gift from heaven to me. ^_^

Right now, I'm building up a HNK community with the help of LightDash gatherings and it's going well. Everyone that has played the game likes it. A friend of mine has also ordered the game and will have it soon too. So it's going forward! ::):

I'm really looking forward helping you guys with providing strats, combos, and matches. I'll see you around! Hokuto No Ken no muteki daaa!!!! =D

PS: Check out our huge fighting game event that will be held in 5 & 6 of august! I will have HNK there for free casuals and we will play it on a projector! Here's the link: http://www.vs2k.se/

white (Juda) vs. Nax (Mamiya) movies @ white no chiryaku

EDIT: white_nax2.mpg <- triple yosohazan. Not too shabby!

white (Juda) vs. Shiro (Toki) movies @ Stage:4

ttp://www.filebank.co.jp/guest/stage4/hokuto0723

pass: hokuto

NB: This batch is from July -- the last set was from May. I haven't dl'ed yet but white, for one, has made a lot of effing progress in those two months. Should be hot.

Sakishiro - I'm glad that you enjoyed all the HnK info. I'm afraid there's been slim pickings lately -- Arcadia didn't run any strategy in the most recent issue. (Gundam and Three Kingdoms 2 card games taking up way too much space heh) I'm trying to get my hands on their new Tougeki Spirits magazine so I can at least post some more SBO scoop.

Hokuto No Ken no muteki daaa!!!!

sugeee!!!!

Gwyrgyn Blood - re: Heart banishing combo:

{Guard Cancel 214A} OR {2B -> CD} -> Auto-Boost -> {D -> IAD j.D} x 2 -> 623A -> 236236A

Omit a loop repetition vs. Juda and Shin. Vs. Heart: change second IAD to j.A

Could anyone give me some info on doing reliable relaunching combos with Souther (without boost/banishing strike). I find that I tend to do too many hits before or during the first launch such that the opponent falls too fast or gets pushed too far away for the second launch to be effective. Swedish HnK: nobody will see it coming!

I think the relaunch is character specific and the timing is weird. There was a lot of info on Guard Crush but I think it disapeared. :/ Also nohoho, I tried it and you can boost Raoh's backdash. It's really, really silly looking. I think you'd probably want to shortcut it by doing something like 4 6 4 6E, since you could probably do that faster than 446E. But I guess I'll try it next time and see. Edit: ALSO, I've noticed that as Kenshiro against a few characters (Raoh, Shin, Thouther, maybe others) that IAD j.C or 236D will miss if too close in the corner. The solution is to use longer chains or be farther away. Is there any solution to this to still get his longer/stronger chains? To me it seems that if I do a blowback on Raoh into the corner, I have to do something that gets me less reps. Normally I'd do something like: 2B 2B 236CE 6CDE 6, D 236D > IAD j.C |> 236D > IAD j.A |> D 236D |> IAD j.C > 66 D 236D > IAD j.D |> 236236A But that doesn't work, I have to do the older one which is: 2B 2B 236CE 6CDE 6, 2C { D 236D > IAD j.C } * 2 > 236236A I'll have to play with it more next time I guess, but seems like there should be a way to still get the 3 reps. Same goes for the one that comes off just a CD, except it's more like only getting 3 reps instead of 5. Hopefully I'll get a chance to play before Otakon to work that out a bit.

BagLunch - the important thing is to delay the aerial pursuit after the grave hits. The jumping hard punch should hit from below. The difficulty varies from character to character. Juda and Heart easiest, maybe.

... -> AC -> delay j.C -> bakuseiha(2nd hit only) -> AC -> ...

Kenshiro 445E <- gimp hop! (did this by accident the other day -- very confusing hehe)

Oh snap, Nax is upping movies, too!

pochi (mamiya) vs. nax (mamiya) series - motorcycle madness!

http://www.filebank.co.jp/cgi-bin/folder/guest_loginform.cgi?gname=popopo1919&gfname=naxpochi

pass: mamiya

goofy 100% combo plus big combo movie file

http://www.filebank.co.jp/cgi-bin/folder/guest_loginform.cgi?gname=popopo1919&gfname=combomovie

pass: mamiya

Mamiya 100%/Infinite? Geezus, that's the last thing I needed to see. Looks like she gets enough bar back during each part to do it for a while, although you can't really tell from the video. Does it need anything like VS Rei or what?

Oh, Nax gives credit for that combo to Pochi, btw. I guess it doesn't have a lot of practical value. Starting boost requirements plus starting um steel spike meter? (for some of the hard punches? I'm not familiar with this stuff...) Among other things, Nax argues that Mamiya can't afford to sit on her stored boost in a real match. More white vs. Nax vids on white's blog. Plus one white vs. Mizuki (thou). ttp://white-chiryaku.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/ At the most recent tourney Msin @ Kurenai were on a team and they got THIRD. Good thing I wasn't a) there b) a gambling man. Vids of this not for a couple weeks. I guess the arcade makes a DVD and kurenai gets permission to post later? July 23 Vegas 2on2 1) kuro (rei) & hichou(?) (rei) 2) MDR (toki) & tetsu (rei) 3) msin (raoh) & kurenai (toki) July 22 VIP Singles 1) MDR 2) kurenai 3) tetsu 4) yamada-kun

I don't think there's anything useful about it. You can cancel it with 41236D I guess, but honestly I don't know why you'd even do that.

Now, you can "jump install" special moves with useful results (like for Souther)... can you do the same with command normals?

Because "jump install" f+A boost would be a hilarious superman punch that I would probably use all the damn time.

Hah, I think that only works with specials, not command normals. I'm also not certain you get the extra -1 star bonus by using 2C, so you might have to use AC, and I don't know if 6A gattlings off that. I'd be interested if you could get the -1 star bonus by JIing into his ground 236C or 623A or any of his other ground moves. I think, however, that AC doesn't normally chain into ground specials. Well I'll try next time I play and report in to let you know what does and doesn't work. It would mostly be for hilarious looking combos, because Raoh pretty much gets -3 stars by default on his combos anyway.

-what is the 3 best characters versus toki ? -what is the -3 stars + fatal ko of rei ( with no AB )?? -toki **** stars !!!! movie 09 hayashi_yshi_zenya0502 I have practice with a lot but never 4 stars what is the condition or the secret ?

white (Juda) vs. Nax (Mamiya) movies @ white no chiryaku

EDIT: white_nax2.mpg <- triple yosohazan. Not too shabby!

single, double and now triple yosohazan?! Yeah yeah I know, quadruple yosohazan is next, right?

Doubt you can get 4x of them unless someone finds a really wonky way to build up another bar. :| It is suggested that the best characters to fight Toki with are Raoh Rei and Shin. I don't really know why Raoh is in there though. I know some Rei stuff so I'll try to post some into the Rei thread (which is a mess right now).

-what is the 3 best characters versus toki ?

-what is the -3 stars + fatal ko of rei ( with no AB )??

-toki **** stars !!!! movie 09 hayashi_yshi_zenya0502

I have practice with a lot but never 4 stars what is the condition or the secret ?

First question:

Translated:

|Ken|Rao|Tok|Jag|Shi|Rei|Yud|Tho|Hea|Mam| 45.0 = Average
   Ken|-.-|3.0|2.0|7.0|4.0|4.0|4.0|7.0|7.0|5.0| 43.0 (-02.0)Ken
  Raoh|7.0|-.-|5.0|8.0|6.0|5.0|8.0|7.0|5.0|8.0| 59.0 (+14.0)Raoh
  Toki|8.0|5.0|-.-|8.0|6.0|6.0|7.0|8.0|7.0|8.0| 63.0 (+18.0)Toki
  Jagi|3.0|2.0|2.0|-.-|4.0|2.0|2.0|3.0|3.0|4.0| 25.0 (-20.0)Jagi
  Shin|6.0|4.0|4.0|6.0|-.-|3.0|5.0|5.0|7.0|6.0| 46.0 (+01.0)Shin
   Rei|6.0|5.0|4.0|8.0|7.0|-.-|5.0|8.0|6.0|8.0| 57.0 (+12.0)Rei
  Yuda|6.0|2.0|3.0|8.0|5.0|5.0|-.-|7.0|6.0|5.0| 47.0 (+02.0)Yuda
  Thou|3.0|2.0|2.0|7.0|5.0|2.0|3.0|-.-|6.0|5.0| 35.0 (-10.0)Thouther
 Heart|3.0|5.0|3.0|7.0|3.0|4.0|4.0|4.0|-.-|5.0| 38.0 (-07.0)Heart
Mamiya|5.0|2.0|2.0|6.0|4.0|2.0|5.0|5.0|6.0|-.-| 37.0 (-08.0)Mamiya

Roah is the best, then Shin and Rei are tied for second and third.

Second question:

Rei's -3 Star FKO combo from stage 4 Rei discussion:

C+D>6>2C>214C,214C>JB>Delayed air 236A/B> landing JB>A+C>air 236D>E>JA>236C+D

C+D>6>A+C>8A>236A/B>A+C>Boost JA>A+C>2369D>JB>236C+D

^ doesnt work on Mamiya and Shin, JB misses against Souther.

Last question:

Rei's -4 Star combo:

B+D grab>IAD JC>close stand C>C+D>E>close stand C>A+C>air 2363214+D

It could be possible if he found a way to hit with the super, then call out the guy and then hit with it before the other person recovered. Mostly likely he'd need to tag the other person high in the air with the first one, then call out the guy and OTG 3x of the super. So yeah I guess it could be do-able, although I don't know about the practicality of such a combo. I guess we'll see sooner or later.

Sign in to follow this