Sign in to follow this  
nohoho

Odds and Ends

"Does this glitch also apply to moves that clash?

That would allow for such silliness as infinite Nanto Gokutoken x Hokuto Hieiken..."

kinda hard to do that since Shin's AC would outhit ken's AC most of the time.

That may be, but what about mirror match then?

I wish Raoh had some kind of flying DP move... his 2A seems to clash with everything it can touch...

dunno about mirrormatch bag. gotta get a friend to try it out somehow. "Rei and Shin can do it vs. Rei, Toki and Mamiya Thouther can do it vs. Rei" A bug that works on Rei is expected. Mamiya's falling weight is lighter than Rei's and Toki falls in a weird way so that certain combos will miss on him and this glitch works on them so why not on others? Most of the other characters have middle weight falls.

Raoh is crazy enough! Whenever I think about his flowchart my head hurts. It's like taking defense exam forever. Once you get hit there is long chain combo... When Raoh miss a spike combo you just falled into another defense exam :cry: Still feeling terrible after got my face smacked by 236D after blocking GB Raoh's 2D>214A :blue: That 214A charge up is the best taunt in hnk!

Ok went and tried the DP glitch with Ken on Rei. It no work.......maybe because Ken's AC leaves a big gap between himself and Rei. It doesn't hit instantly like Rei's glitch. I'm not a Shin nor Souther user so one of yall can confirm for them. with souther i'm guessing it involves his nanto bakuseiha. don't know it his air super is boostable for that to be used however.

If you're worried about an incoming Raoh kick maybe a Raishinsho would do the trick? or a Buushinsho? heh

Haven't read that early... so sorry,lol.

LOL!

Thanks to AtTheGates for the Tougeki Spirits HnK coverage.

Anyway -- time for proper Odds and Ends!!

GENERAL

---

Character balance changes when you switch to a three out of five format?!

When the game is set to 3/5 style matches, it's difficult to win more than one round with an FKO attack. The other two rounds must be won with straight damage. Characters who rely heavily on Finishing Strikes suffer a little. You have to be shrewd about when to use those attacks, too. Yadda yadda. Rei and Raoh, Arcadia argues, get a boost while Toki and Juda take a hit in this format. I'd add that it's probably good for Ken, Heart and Jagi. Bad for Thouther with the low stamina and reliance on FKOs. A wash for Shin and Mamiya (*) perhaps.

(*) - Between the time I typed this up and when I posted it, Nax made a post on his blog saying Mamiya takes a hit in a switch to 3/5.

Capsule Match Analysis

Kenshiro vs. Raoh

Since Ken's far standing hard kick hits even when Raoh is crouching, Ken can use this to pin Raoh down and grab the advantage in a ground fight. Even though he's on defense a lot, Raoh needs only an IAD jB or a lucky climbing jump A hit to turn things around.

Toki vs. Shin

Shin has quite a few moves such as crouching B and 214B that work well against Toki's ground attacks. Using these as a shield he can then look to coax Toki into jumping and tag him with a Gokutoken. On Toki side a baited Gokutoken can provide a counter attack opportunity. Both sides have strong okiseme so a single knockdown can decide the match.

[they don't mention that (boost)standing kick trick that Shiro uses against Shin players to shut them down when they're fishing for too many low kicks]

Rei vs. Heart-sama

Rei's IAD rush is more difficult to use and his Hien Ryubu air fireball often gets countered by Earth Crush attacks. Still, the returns are very high; so Rei pushes ahead with IADs and Heart tries to block or counter with 214A. Rei is vulnerable to Heart's grab loops so this is a very hairy match-up.

JUDA

---

Land Mine Sandwich (credit: white)

Here are some tricks for squeezing your opponent with a land mine and, to a lesser extent, the Dagar uppercut. (421A and 421B, respectively)

The following tricks apply when you have your opponent sandwiched between Juda and a land mine. That is: when you set the mine and then retreat and let them jump into the gap, when you set the mine and then jump over them, etc.

1) 6A or guard cancel -> land mine hit -> follow-up

Basic sandwich trick. From here use a Banishing Strike or boost -> FKO as the situation warrants. When the 6A overhead is blocked and they're pushed back into the land mine, they'll still be in block stun if you continue to press the offensive.

2) 2C -> (they block the mine) -> 6A -> boost close B

Minor variation to the above. After blocking the mine your opponent will be pushed back towards you and you can bust out the overhead -> low attack in rapid succession while they're still in block stun. This is true for the above trick, too, but the 6A here is great for tagging their guard cancel attempts. Also, unless they guard cancel after blocking 6A itself extremely quickly, you'll have time to block even after the boost close kick.

3) 2C -> (they block the mine) -> Dagar swipe (236B) -> charged Banishing or Heavy Strike

Generally speaking, if they don't have any Aura, your opponent will be unable to escape this one.

[btw: I never got around to downloading the July white (Juda) vs. Shiro (Toki) series from Stage:4; I guess white used some of this trickery that day?]

With tricks like this you can set up nasty Juda traps anywhere on the screen.

ANTI-HEART

---

Here's a chart that Arcadia ran a while ago in a VS. Heart-sama blurb. After blocking a weak Earth Crush attack, counter with the appropriate move -- assuming that you're still in range. Boost to block and counter with a wider variety of attacks. Boost to counter whiffed weak Earth Crush attacks, too.

Block and Counter Heart's Weak Earth Crush

Char.        Move
Kenshiro     623B
Raoh         far D
Toki         2D
Jagi         2C, 236236C
Shin         623B
Rei          2B, 236236A
Juda         2D, 236236C
Thouther     236A
Heart        214B
Mamiya       far D

ANTI-TOKI

---

Hmm... I guess I'll post this on that old "Toki catches the clap" thread.

BONUS OFF-TOPIC ITEM

---

Vampire Savior Movies!

Here are some movies from a recent Kansai area VS tourney that I re-upped to rapidshare. Sort of a warm-up for the Darkstalkers Combination Cup (big VH and VS tourney) that's happening this weekend. Should be hot.

http://rapidshare.de/files/29742151/savior-minoh38-2nd.zip.html

Thouther knocks off stars so fast and does so little damage that you can just use a FKO every round!

:(

Yeah. Kinda depends on your opponent. I once fought someone who gets stars knocked off trying to go over my thouther's air bakuseiha while attacking and IAD-ing over the ground cross.

If you get hit by thouther's grave shoot in the middle of the screen, thats you usually -2 stars for the opponent. In corner, -3 stars(using jump modified moves) and an okiseme of some sort right after (character dependent).

As nohoho already mentioned, thouther just suffers from low stamina and having a guard meter all the time. He's also dependent on aura stocks to get pressuring opponents off his back since he doesn't have a reliable/invincible anti air move (like Rei and Ken) to get him out of tight pressure spots when he has no aura stock. But all that just makes palying as him more better IMO. Id on't know bout you guys, but I feel like a cheap bastard when I play toki(and my toki is not even as good as GB's). lol.

Rei info/glitches goes in Rei thread. as go for questions about a certain character. I guess no one read the Hokuto No Ken: READ THIS .... thread. And from now on the rest of the vidoes should be posted in the Video Thread.

ok guys, talk about all the random stuff you want, but if it belongs in a specific thread than put it there. also the only vids alowed in this thread will be random vids, whatever that might be. This is because if its ay a Rei loop then it goes in the Rei thread. If it is a match vid then it goes in the Video thread.

thx for opening up the thread again. next time just delete the spam posts and leave the rest alone, i value this thread.

Does anyone actually have an atomiswave system with FotS? If so, how much did it cost ?

I know a guy who got it in june, the game only cost him 560€ (that's around 700$). You can find a fullkit (game + atomiswave motherboard) for around 900$ on the net (and you have to add taxes depending on your country probably).

I got my Hokuto no Ken kit(atomiswave+HnK cart) back in March for about 1050 shipped. The atomiswave that comes with that only works with a Jamma cabinet tho. I ended up getting a supergun cabinet from Cigarbob and a consolized atomiswave as well. You're probably looking at about 1400-1500 for a consolized atomiswave + Hokuto no Ken.

Sign in to follow this