Sign in to follow this  
nohoho

Odds and Ends

she has the worst defense, worst attack, and small combos. If she gets hit once its GG. The only thing she has going for her is range.

Da professor finally speaks:P Mamiya isn't that bad. I actually had some hard time to play against computer:P She does have a lot of high priority moves??? But you have to know how to use them. With Mamiya you really have to know all her moves vs different characters. Whiff the wrong move @ the wrong time vs the wrong guy is lethal. Other than that, she could be as annoying as Juda...

Do you all think there will be a sequel/super-turbo-esque upgrade any time soon? I know I'd really dig some second season goodness thrown in there. Hell, I'd buy a revision if they added Shuu and Juuza alone. Maybe just for Shuu. And a real boss. Seriously. Gimmie a real boss. This Boss Ino stuff just simply has to go very, very far away from Arcsys' design table.

i hope they make an hokuto no ken 2 where everything is just as broken but they make it so that people can stop complaining about toki. Also they should add characters from HNK2 the anime.

Yeah, Mr. Mamation - I'm with you.

Hell, can you IMAGINE the irrational bitching that would have occurred if KENSHIRO had been the "broken as all f**k" character?

It would have been: "Like, omfg! Ken is the best - this sucks! Arc is soooooo fan-boy!"

Toki ain't THAT broken.

I hate (love) Rei far more.

And I play Shin.

... well, maybe Toki AND Rei are that broke, lol.

My revised Hokuto No Ken 2 wishlist:

1. More characters - Shu, Juuza, Falco, Shu, Hyo, Kaio, Shu

2. A real boss

3. Keep it broken

4. But make it so Toki has to use a super bar to press "secret spots" in order to be HNK1 broken

5. Shu

shu is fucking awesome, but i think my only problem is that Toki's 2A is too fast. It totally destroys (even rei's) rushdown. That and add a little recovery to his teleport.

What you said, Mr. Mamation. ...and make it so he has to boost into his CD, just for spite, lol. And make another version of Raoh - a "Player Kenoh" whose gameplay doesn't revolve around stabbin' ppls feet.

lol, that isnt so bad it takes a lot of skill to get that 2 frame timing 5 times in a row. Most people cant even get it one time.

Lol, too true. It's not the skill involved that I have issues with though - all propers there. A big, powerhouse martial artist like Raoh - "strongest of the four" - gimpin' ppl ftw... ...it's just plain wrong! :lol: I mean, yeah, by all means, make Toki into a Bop Bag - it's not only fair, it's canon. But it'd be nice if they gave us a more manly fighting style of him too, heh.

Toki ain't THAT broken.

I hate (love) Rei far more.

And I play Shin.

:kitty:

Of course, Shin's worst match up is Rei, and okay match up vs Toki. Once you play Kenshiro you will hate Toki but loves Rei more. Oh well, there are always ways to win. You just have to find them:keke:

I wish they create 2 on 2 for the sequel. Kenshiro + Shin rules!!!

Meh - learn Ken? :grin: GTA loops and Kenshiro... just doesn't seem right - makes him into a mid-heavy pixie wanna-be (I'm 'minded of the caterpillar turned butterfly in "A Bug's Life" - yeah he's got wings, but it's so, so wrong). :lol: Don't get me wrong - love the combos, just think they'd be more of a Zow-za thing. At least he looks beefy during them. But I'm a jaded foo', lol. They hurt my Shins. So then, you play Ken as your prime, Tiayuan2k4? Or is he secondary to Hato Sama (per your sig)? BTB Mr. Mamation: Best avatar ever! It's been over a hundred times, and I STILL nearly piss myself every time I see it - hilarity in motion.

And, while I'm here:

After playing SC3 HnK and guilty gear don't look glitchy at all. I haven't encountered even one glitch during match play in GG AC yet and only one in training mode. It's not as bad as people act like.

^ For truth, fact, logos, et al.

T4 wasn't enough to kill Tekken.

SC3 lost Namco the best of the best of American SC players.

What NOT to do with HNK2:

"Gee - let's add create a character to HNK2! It's innovative! It's never been done before, right? It'll be great!"

(after release)

Player 1: WTF - how did your glitch beat my glitch? I made it to 2in1 into dribble!

Player 2: I buffered auto-recovery into parry into my BS into handcuffs - WTF was that?

Player 1: I mapped IK to 3.

thanks, my buddy taraction made it for me :3 thtas another thing i want fixed. Buffering, i can not buffer a super and i hate it! Tian plays shin, i have no idea about kenshiro though. I know a little ken but the only damaging combos i know are in my combo video :p

Tian plays Shin too? Awesome - a fellow chest poker! :yaaay: Who do you play as, Mamation? And yeah, a little bit of an actual buffer window would make the game a lot less of a "look-it 'ere Danny, m'boyo, look-it 'ere!" when you're comboing into a super. HNK is rather precise. I can still get my 2B, 2B 2B 236236C off, but it's actual work, lol. It's not like 3S where you can roll the motion any time in your hit confirm moves - gotta use the increasing stun of the multiple hits to get someone in the proper state where you can whip that 236236 out and tag it on at the end. Then again, it does make the game its own beast, not a mere copy. Kinda like Air Dashing is different than GG. And yeah, I do that combo just 'cause it looks obnoxious, yet cool. Kinda like I like to tag on excess hits in the air when the damage just isn't getting any bigger than it was 1 or 2 hits previous, lol.

i play Rei and Jagi I was going to play Toki when i first heard of the game but too many people play him so i went to my next fav character

I was going to play Toki when i first heard of the game but too many people play him so i went to my next fav character

Lol! That's me - except insert Rei for Toki, and Shin for Rei.

Pretty funny, that.

And I thought about taking up Jagi just for shite and titters.

My main character is Shin. And I still have no idea about how to play Kenshiro. All I do is mash 6A all day with him... I will learn Rei, Raoh and Ken a bit these days though. Once I learn the basic stuff of them, I can play pretty much every character just for fun.

...meh. I played around with Rei with a half-earnest interest this weekend, for the halibut. Rei is sooooo damned funny easy. :vbang: All the advantages of Shin's and Ken's norm game plus a few extras, combined with more damage and easier 2in1s... I swear - 104 plus damage off of a prep > CD > c.5C > c.5C > 2C > 214C > 214C > 236236A for those who DON'T bother to put in the 2-3 hours it takes to get into his GTA game... And hell, if you actually miss the c.5D > CD link - wait a day and a half, and link f.5D > AC and go to town... or flight school, lol. Ridiculous. As for Ken, we're in the same boat Tian. Methinks he's a counter-hit fishing machine.

M.E.H. ...or, if you're not as suck as I with him, get the CD off of the f.D. Just saw that, lol. :vbang: It seems harder than recouping with AC for me - though it's probably just me. REI... ... live by the fist, die by the index finger. :toot:

Rei CD combo I do these day is:

CD > 2C > 5D > (IAD B > 5C) x n > IAD B > (236D > jB) x n > 236236A

^ 2C > 5D helps you to get away far or close hit troubles.

(IAD B > 5C) x n until you raise opp pretty high then finish with IAD B > (236D > jb) loops. Very stable and damaging even without 236236A.

Anyway, you can talk about HnK here, jabhadouken.

Rei CD combo I do these day is:

CD > 2C > 5D > (IAD B > 5C) x n > IAD B > (236D > jB) x n > 236236A

^ 2C > 5D helps you to get away far or close hit troubles.

(IAD B > 5C) x n until you raise opp pretty high then finish with IAD B > (236D > jb) loops. Very stable and damaging even without 236236A.

Anyway, you can talk about HnK here, jabhadouken.

thats why tian doesn't play rei DX

Sign in to follow this