Sign in to follow this  
nohoho

Odds and Ends

Has anybody tried doing that "jump install" for FKO moves? A friend of mine once said that he saw Yuda spinning upwards, and seeing as how you can make Souther do a sort of hop when he releases the cross projectile on the ground.....

Yuda can spinning upward? Errrrr... WOW! Dunno about that one. It's glitch maybe? Not sure about Souther one though, what do you you mean by that? Sort of hop? Hmmm... Anyway, I found this legendary -5 star FKO combo for Jagi in a Hongkong Hnk forum: Corner, 214214C > 236A follow up > B+D > 2A > 5D > CDE > brother > ACE > 2369A > E > FKO It will be hilarious to use this combo in a real match! Edit: What the, Jagi's far stand C leaves up him upper body invincible so he can use it to anti air? 2369A > 2C to bait for counter hit, really? Quite useful if that's true.

That Tomono combo: BS > 6 > C > D (2hits) > 214C > E > D (2hits) > 236D > (jA > JC) > dash > J(A >C) > C > 236C, 236C follow up. I played Shin for that combo today, just one game though due to lack of time. It seems like it's much easier to use it on Toki. Everytime I do this combo to Toki, that jA > jC loop after 236D rarely misses. From the match vids Nohoho gave me, there was a match shows Tomono does this combo to Raoh as well. But I think Tomono's Banishing Strike hit Raoh from jumping up off the ground thus Raoh floats a little bit higher and combo could work. I need to see more Tomono's vids for this combo. It's irony that no one uses Toki in NYC. Of course anyone who uses Toki probably will be banned from the machine regardless his intention:P But again, from stage 4 ppl said this stable combo works on all characters. what a mystery...

If people want to use Toki that's fine by me. I bet you can take 'em with the Shin low kick assault, holmes.

Hey I submitted that Jagi post to gamefaqs. Same thing, really, with some whack ascii art at the top. I'm going to submit a new version of the move list within the next few days.

New movies. I had to create an account @ filebank to get it to work today. Could someone who has used it without incident in the past try these out? Let me know if you encounter difficulties.

ttp://www.filebank.co.jp/guest/stage4/hokutocombo

pass: hokuto

Combo movie by hexamethylene? I haven't downloaded this yet. (isn't MAD some sort of game editor??)

EDIT: HEX, YOU ARE A TRULY GREAT MAN! I BOW TO YOU, SIR!

ttp://www.filebank.co.jp/guest/shakuji/

folder: ekimaecenter, pass: guest

Some vids from a recent tourney. Link from here -- that's Shiro standing in front of the hokuto poster.

No way, no love for Toki? Come on, he is the most charitable character in the comic:D

ttp://www.filebank.co.jp/guest/shakuji/

n time, let me folder: ekimaecenter, pass: guest

I see six folders: Guilty Gear, Gundam seed, Hokuto no Ken, Melty blood, Soul Caliber and Tekken 5. And there are four vids in Hnk folder. I am downloading HOKUTO_01_Final.avi, around 42 mb, it could take several hours:(

Nohoho, are you free tomorrow afternoon? I am going to Kongman from 3 to 5. I start to play Vampire Savior a bit last few days. Bishamon is pretty good, he reminds me Samurai Shodown a lot. Couldnt find his strategy though, but learned some stuff from Daigo's vid you gave to me. Anakaris is quite fun too, but it takes time to understand his moves' property. If you have their vids, I would like to see them.

that tomono combo seems does work on everyone(most likely not Mr.Heart though). You need to time it well. Keep watching out the height of opp slam to the wall, delay D of Shin C > D (2hits) > E to raise the height. Distance is still hard to measure...

Enough of Shin today. I was quite surprised when I saw Nohoho already got above 10 mil score! After 2 hours of Shin, I was kinda bored so I went for the score hunting. The first try was total awful. Everything went wrong and only got 7 mil. The second try I began to remove all the stars as fast as I could in the first round, and went for 5 sec perfect FKO for the second round. I got 8.8 mil after stage 5! I scooped very bad again Toki because he jump and teleport back and forth in the third round T_T And then Kenshiro's 6B slam me across the screen. Against Kenoh, I falled for his 214214C in the beginning of third round -_-''' But I still got 11 mil after all, yeeeeeeees! I tried again afterward, but computer is very defensive and I only got 10.9 mil this time. Lesson learned, never let computer have one full aura gauge! Characters like Kenoh often does a super in the beginning of the match. Just beat them down in the first round without giving them aura guage. Cpu usually does nothing if it has no aura guage in the beginning of second/third round(except that Toki jump and teleport around really pissed me off), it often dont block dash 2A or 2B too! I also found Shin's C+D > 6(you must use 6 for auto boost I believe) > A+B > E > E (yes two E in row) > 5C > 236C > 5A > 236C > 214C needs no boost guage!!! It works very well, crazy damage plus -3 star easy. You may want skip a 236C if opp is not juggled high enough.

Nah, you can control Juda's vertical movement with 8 and 2 as he moves forward. You can catch jumpers with it.

Vertical move = AC+ 8/9+2A + (8 or 2?)

THANKS .

tianyuan2k4 - GJ on the high score. I knew you could break 10mil. CPU Mamiya is the worst for me. She blocks/runs away too much at the beginning of the round.

Wisecrack that I thought up but forgot to put in an earlier post re: playing VS

hokuto no ken:vampire savior::esperanto:latin

BRUNO - I think LiteSabre was talking about 236CD+(8 or 2)

Also - you were asking about Raoh 214D -> 2A in the other thread? I think that you can hear the players (G.X) pressing the buttons in some of the movie files that are on kuuronn... maybe that would be helpful?

Given that the 214D is a pretty short move, you could probably use a mental trick or button trick to get the timing right. nohoho, here's a question... can you boost during the spiked effect at all? If so, could you land and hold 3EA and get an instant boosted 2A to guarentee you connect it?

New movies at Angel-Land Sako -- lots of Raoh.

Gwyrgyn Blood - That button holding trick applies only to round start and super freeze. The game locks up (pauses) the command buffer and when it activates it again it treats held buttons as presses. Speaking of that, there's an old Toki catches the clap item I wanted to correct a long time ago but never got around to it:

2) Stand far enough away from Toki that the super misses. When you have baited an out-of-range [sekkakou] reversal, the trick is to jam on boost+attack as the animation occurs (the attack effect dissipates instantly) to counter attack.

You don't need to jam on anything. HOLD DOWN boost and attack during the super freeze to guarantee you'll punish Toki. You can see Taji-kun doing this against Kurenai in that Gachi series from Stage:4. I mean, it's safe to assume he was using this input. I guess Ken can hold down standing hard kick (no boost necessary?) Toki and Shin (iffy) crouching hard kick, too.

tianyuan2k4 - I'm down. Tho' I think the right buttons are on the flake again.

Okay, now I'm confused.. :confused: I just nailed the Kenshiro 100& death combo on Rei from the kuuronn site but it didn't take 100%... :confused: Here is the combo just in case: C+D~6 [wall bounce] closeD~236+D (IAD+C) closeD~236+D (IAD+C) 236+D (IAD+A) closeD~[236+D (IAD+C) X2] 236+D (IAD+D) C+D+E~E~closeD~236+D (SJ+ABABD) [236236+A X2] I've nailed the combo like 3-4 times now but it still does not take 100% and I'm really sure I did exactly as it was done in the clip. What's going on? Clues anyone?

wassup all nohoho is curryallergy? i have to say thanks for your great movelist faq in gfaqs. last time i saw the hnk controls at kongman were messed up by the moron who uses souther all the time. i was playing it the day before he showed up and they were fine till he messed up both sides.......

Hi everyone! I'm new here. I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to this thread, esp nohoho for starting this. I've learned a lot just from reading and watching the vids linked here. I'm a rei user, and I'd like to know how rei does his "fake" move in the air. I remember doing it accidentally while I was trying to do another move. I think thats the key in performing that qcf C(air) loop I saw in one of the vids that was linked here. Can anyone help me? Also, I'd like to ask if the FKO moves are really cancellable after normal moves. Funny thing is, when I try to combo it after a cancellable normal(like Rei's close C or dwn D), it doesn't come out(I get a banishing strike instead). But I managed to pull it off a couple of times. Is there some weird timing to it? or its not really comboable and you need to kara cancel it(like FDC in GGX)? Thanks in advance for any info you guys can provide :)

last time i saw the hnk controls at kongman were messed up by the moron who uses souther all the time. i was playing it the day before he showed up and they were fine till he messed up both sides.......

I am going to Kongman this afternoon and check the buttons. Wait, who is that souther player? Is that a short chinese kid wear glasses? But yeah, please talk to owner about the button issue. Or post it here so I could tell them to fix it. If the buttons are fixed, could nohoho go to Kongman on this Thursday afternoon? I will try to get my friend to come. If anyone is going to Kongman, just post it up so others could come.

Also, I'd like to ask if the FKO moves are really cancellable after normal moves. Funny thing is, when I try to combo it after a cancellable normal(like Rei's close C or dwn D), it doesn't come out(I get a banishing strike instead). But I managed to pull it off a couple of times. Is there some weird timing to it? or its not really comboable and you need to kara cancel it(like FDC in GGX)? Thanks in advance for any info you guys can provide :)

You're probably just messing up the input and chaining into Banishing Strike instead.

o that kid? he rarely plays hnk. in fact i never seen him play it. it's some guy with mushroom type hair he lost badly against the comp and took his frustration out on both of the controllers......... since this is the popular hnk thread, I'll post some info here too. I think the D after an AC knockup combo with kenshiro in the corner is air recoverable. so don't rely on it.

I submitted an updated move list to gamefaqs. Added Heart's It Hurts moves and tweaked some special move names.

Proper new Odds and Ends post this week I hope.

M4Sh - re: Ken 100% combo

I have no clue. LiteSabre might be able to shed some light on this.

Also, I'd like to ask if the FKO moves are really cancellable after normal moves. Funny thing is, when I try to combo it after a cancellable normal(like Rei's close C or dwn D), it doesn't come out(I get a banishing strike instead).

This happens to me, too (with Juda.) Very annoying. The command precedence in this game is kind of screwey. What seems to help is doing the cancel a tiny bit slower than normal. But anyway I'm pretty sure that there's no trick beyond simple timing/practice.

EDIT: You know I was just thinking... what might be happening here is that the game is being particularly strict about NOT kara cancelling the banishing strike. So if terrybogard and I spaz and press CD when the joystick hasn't quite reached towards the 2,3+CD,6 produces a banishing strike and nothing else. Generally(historically) speaking there's usually a bit of leeway there.

If the buttons are fixed[...]

Posted Image

One possibility may be that you're doing the first D (or any other hit, but this applies most to the first hit after the banishing) too quickly, not giving Rei time to hit and bounce off the wall?

Also, I'd like to ask if the FKO moves are really cancellable after normal moves.

Nope. FKO is not cancellable. There are moves that give enough stun/frame advantage for FKO to connect but it's not cancellable. Therefore, you have to delay the FKO a tiny bit to connect if you found C or D came out instead. Just like Shin's 2B > close C > Banishing Strike, you have to delay Banishing Strike a bit if you want it to connect.

Well, the buttons wasnt fixed yesterday. But I saw the mechanic walking toward Kongman when I head to my grandma's apartment, good news maybe? I will go to Kongman this Thursday, and get my friend to come too. Hopeful I will see you there, nohoho.

Sign in to follow this