Sign in to follow this  
nohoho

Odds and Ends

Damn, I do look like kiddie version of Mr.heart after all when I see that cosplay pic, lol! I will start to eat more now :D Well, I am not seeking challenge over Otakon, BECAUSE YOU GUYS ARE NO MATCH FOR MY SHIN NOW, MHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Nah, just kidding. Who cares about competition these days really. I want to play against different characters from various players so I could complete Shin's faq. After all I have fight Nohoho's Juda and Jagi for some time that is it. I dont want to write anti Raoh/Ken/Souther/Toki/Rei/Heart/Shin/Mamiya strat is just try to do two lame 50% combo on them:( I need more experience/insight and Otakon should give me plenty of them. I am planning to play Hnk three day straight over there if that's possible. Free play rules! Oh, if Nohoho goes to Otakon it would be really cool because his tricks are endless, seriously. Hehe.

Well I play Ken/Thouther/Raoh so you'll get some variation in there. You'll get to see just how unblockable Raoh's crossup is. :o I still have trouble with Raoh because I just can't do D.f CD yet, as I never get to practice it. Also can't do the 2C IAD j.B thing yet either, timing on the IAD is weird. Oh well.

Tian: Shin/Mr.Heart/Jagi Nohoho: Juda/Jagi/Ken? Gwyrgyn Blood: Ken/Thouther/Roah Roah's D.f CD means "far standing D > C+D" right? 2C > IAD j.B has a difficult timing? maybe I should check them out this saturday.

Yeah, D.f CD is the special Fist Cancel technique. Haven't had a chance to just sit and practice trying to do it so I don't really have the timing down. 2C > IAD j.B is just a standard thing but the 2C is very slow and has a lot of hitpause, so getting the timing on the IAD is a lot harder than doing Ken's 236D > IAD j.C loops. Plus IADs are just weird in general in this game, you've got to do them insanely fast and hit the button just as you dash forward to make your character do the triangle jump motion. I can do it normally all the time and with Ken, but the 2C messes my timing up. I still have no idea how to do that stuff with Rei where he cancel's his DP or air charge move into other stuff. People tell me to just jump cancel it but that doesn't work.

for that Rei air charge move 236C, I found out the real command to cancel air 236C to another air 236C is: air 236C > 2369C > 2369C >... 2369C must be done fast but not too fast or 236 motion might be skipped. That explains why you see in those match vids, Rei sometimes jumps up accidentally during that air 236C loop. There is certain tempo for this cancel, you need to practise a lot to feel it. holy smoke, I cant believe Roah's far standing D is cancelable. I tried far stand D > C+D today and had no success at all. About 2C > IAD j.B, I want to ask you that works on normal standing opp or Banishing Strike wall bounced opp? I will try it tomorrow. Nohoho, I went to Kongman today, both sides are working!!! So come tomorrow if you are free. 12 to 2pm, I will be there 100%!

2C is used in his wallbounce combos to do things like CD 6, C 2C > IAD j.B 214D ... of course there are much better things but that's the idea. You also can use it in mixups too, because it's jump cancelable even on block... so if you are next to someone you can do 2C > IAD j.B as a crossup. It's cute. Yeah his D.f is cancelable to CD, but you have to Fist Cancel it. That is, you must buffer into 2D and then cancel the first frames of that into the CD.

I was just joking around earlier - I don't have any plans to go to otacon.

Far hard kick -> banishing:

D -> 2CD~CD

White posted a movie on his blog. I upped it to FileForge:

http://www.f-forge.com/?d=oeAJt2c9plyihDGPYrF3

white (juda) vs. pochi (mamiya) x2

white vs. tetsu (rei) x2

EDIT: tianyuan2k4 - you want I should put some of these recent vids on CD?

Yeah! You told me about that before! You wrote about it too! Oh well, I forget things fast :) Thanks for the match CD! Although Nax Mamiya is still brutal, the stand far D > bike super is just awesome, DK's Ken is much better than his old match vids I saw. His combo and teleport are really good! Many times he teleport through a slower recovery move, the next thing I see is either 70% life gauge disappears or a FKO finish.

About that Tougeki Spirit DVDs for this year, anyone has it? Well, I think I can get it from Kong Man! They probably have people to grab it from Japan. I will ask them for that. Hopefully the price isnt going to be too expensive, just 4 DVDs after all, right?

Tougeki Spirits (tougeki damashi?) is an Arcadia spin-off magazine that they run I guess in the spring before and after SBO. If I'm not mistaken there should be a new issue out this week that has a bonus DVD with a handful of matches on it -- samples, if you will, from the proper commercial DVD releases. (thems is effing expensive btw)

bon (toki) vs. white (juda)

http://www.f-forge.com/?d=ZjpmA42Wht0HKYcqeSTl

Bon uses the new-type toki throw combo here. Very funky. On the blog white says that, uh... well... here's a rough tl fragment:

When you combine his normal no-gauge combos with a Hayashi-style sekkakou/throw two-way mix up I figure that makes for the most deadly Toki. [...]

Bon's main character is Raoh but Shiro has been teaching him some Toki. Their styles are totally different, however. lol

It's been a while since I've played against Toki so it was tough.

I still have no idea how to do that stuff with Rei where he cancel's his DP or air charge move into other stuff. People tell me to just jump cancel it but that doesn't work.

For the DP, only Rei's DP A is cancellable, and its should be DP A from the ground, or else it won't be cancellable. DP A only hits twice, just cancel it on the 2nd hit. Haven't tried if you can cancel on the first hit...

In one of the vids posted here, you can see Rei do: (corner)throw, jump D, 236 C, jump cancel C, land, [close C, DP A, qcf C, jump cancel C, land] x 3, etc...

I think you can only do up to 4 or 5 repetitions for this one. Opponent pops up less with each successful repetition(like in GGX series).

For the DP, only Rei's DP A is cancellable, and its should be DP A from the ground, or else it won't be cancellable. DP A only hits twice, just cancel it on the 2nd hit. Haven't tried if you can cancel on the first hit...

In one of the vids posted here, you can see Rei do: (corner)throw, jump D, 236 C, jump cancel C, land, [close C, DP A, qcf C, jump cancel C, land] x 3, etc...

I think you can only do up to 4 or 5 repetitions for this one. Opponent pops up less with each successful repetition(like in GGX series).

1-[close C, DP A, qcf C, jump cancel C, land] x 3 it's the max !

2-you can't cancel the first hit of dpa !

I guess re-upping these to fileforge is kind of silly. Anyway please don't paste this post on to shoryuken. I don't want to be responsible for white's bw getting hammered? Or do. I can't stop you. heh Two new movies: ttp://white-chiryaku.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/ movie_white5.mpg tetsu (rei) vs. shiro (toki) movie_white4.wmv tetsu (rei) vs. white (juda) Very nice guard cancel finish here.

More movies @ white's page. Url ^^^ movie_white_vs_tomono1.mpg etc. Also he made a character ranking diagram with help from folks at his local arcade. Check it out. (characters from top to bottom: ken, raoh, toki, jagi, shin, rei, juda, thou, heart, mamiya)

Translated:

|Ken|Rao|Tok|Jag|Shi|Rei|Yud|Tho|Hea|Mam| 45.0 = Average
   Ken|-.-|3.0|2.0|7.0|4.0|4.0|4.0|7.0|7.0|5.0| 43.0 (-02.0)Ken
  Raoh|7.0|-.-|5.0|8.0|6.0|5.0|8.0|7.0|5.0|8.0| 59.0 (+14.0)Raoh
  Toki|8.0|5.0|-.-|8.0|6.0|6.0|7.0|8.0|7.0|8.0| 63.0 (+18.0)Toki
  Jagi|3.0|2.0|2.0|-.-|4.0|2.0|2.0|3.0|3.0|4.0| 25.0 (-20.0)Jagi
  Shin|6.0|4.0|4.0|6.0|-.-|3.0|5.0|5.0|7.0|6.0| 46.0 (+01.0)Shin
   Rei|6.0|5.0|4.0|8.0|7.0|-.-|5.0|8.0|6.0|8.0| 57.0 (+12.0)Rei
  Yuda|6.0|2.0|3.0|8.0|5.0|5.0|-.-|7.0|6.0|5.0| 47.0 (+02.0)Yuda
  Thou|3.0|2.0|2.0|7.0|5.0|2.0|3.0|-.-|6.0|5.0| 35.0 (-10.0)Thouther
 Heart|3.0|5.0|3.0|7.0|3.0|4.0|4.0|4.0|-.-|5.0| 38.0 (-07.0)Heart
Mamiya|5.0|2.0|2.0|6.0|4.0|2.0|5.0|5.0|6.0|-.-| 37.0 (-08.0)Mamiya