Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heroic_Legacy

Illinois: What was lost is now found

OP will be updated weekly for everything that is gaming related going on in the state of Illinois as I hear/read about it. Time to get this community up and running. Goddamnit guys it's about time we got this area known for something again! With Bob Washington out of Illinois to run a business in Denver, it's left us with 0 respect in the Guilty Gear scene.

I'd say lets rebuild it from the ground up, but it'll be impossible to regain it's former glory. Hopefully when the next GG is announced everything will be good as gold and everyone will come out of the woodworks to play.

Alrighty then, let's get this show on the road!

Gatherings

AreaXIII

4N481 9th Ave

Addison, Illinois

Closed until further notice.

Food and gas stations all over the place. Relatively easy to get to from every direction. Galloping Ghosts Arcade
9415 Ogden Avenue

Brookfield, Illinois 60513

Opened up August 14. As of right now the Arcade is still being put up. Around 150~ arcade games 

of varying genres. If you went to arcades around you as a kid and enjoyed playing those games, 

they are probably here. Once they are stable and are a staple in Illinois they will start updating the

arcade with newer fighters and shmups. There are 2 back rooms for BYOC sessions and for 

hosting events. One for PS3 has 4 televisions, 4 PS3s and a couch or two, and the same with 4 

360s 4 televisions in the other room. Could be a place for good gatherings in the near future.

[I]Open[/I]: TBA

[I]Prices[/I]: $15 door fee. All arcade games are on freeplay. 

Console Rooms are $3 an hour unless a big gathering is scheduled there for the night. Then it's free all night long.

[I]Notable Games available[/I]:

-SSF4, SFA2, SFA3, SF, SF3:3S

-CvS 1 and 2

-XvSF, MvC, MvC2, MSH, MSHvSF, X:COTA

-Tekken 4 =/

-Vampire Savior 2 (Vampire Savior is being built ATM)

-Samsho 1-6

-KoF 94 through XI

-MK 1 2 4 UMK3

-X-Men (4 player cab)

-Simpsons (4 player cab)

-AVP (2 player cab)

-Primal Rage

-Centipede, Roadblasters, Pac-Man, etc...if you played it, they probably have it.

Easy access from the city as the train station is right there. Happ Buttons. Happ Sticks. SSFIV cab is laggy right now. Everything else is fine. MvC2 only has 10 characters unlocked. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Upcoming Events: Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament 7: Resurrection

2010 will be the last showing of Midwest Championships in Illinois. DreamTR requested the rights 

of the event back from Keits and was given the name MWC back for any tournament/promotion he 

may do in the future. But this doesn't mean the end of MWC or any Chicago Major. In fact Keits is 

continuing the legacy by starting a new tournament with a new name, on the same date. Same 

place as last year, and the games are to be announced as of yet. But this is THE Chicago Major. 

Best show up to this as it is one of those events that you must be at. As someone who 

participated and enjoyed the atmosphere, I can personally attest that there is an energy in the air 

when this tournament goes down.

One of the greatest things to ever happen in the decades of Chicago area fighting games is about 

to get bigger and better for years to come.

Useful Links:

Edited Later

YAAAAY~ :D

Not that I'll be in the area anymore, but this is still exciting. Whenever I'm around for breaks, you all had best have some shit going down.

Hot damn, Galloping Ghost Arcade looks amazing. It seems to have practically every fighting game I missed out on and wanted to learn. Good thing it's just a door charge, or else I'd probably drop $100 or more whenever I go.

I'm going to try and hit up the monthly ranbats at AreaXIII for BB, too. There's a Metra station a short cab ride away, so if any public transit rats want to halve your cab fare, PM me.

Heroic I thought the 15 dollars only for Galloping Ghost was only for the grand opening...

But yeah. A way to get to AreaXII would be nice person who posted above me.... though I guess it's too late now since I'll be gone in... 10 days. D:

By any chance will both be open on the weekends for casuals? I'd love to go to both places. I doubt I could go on Tuesdays and Thursdays for the first one due to school.

For AreaXIII it's by the ear. Dead opens it up at 6PM but he always lets the Chicago people know first usually with a post on the Chicago thread on SRK.

When GGA develops a bit I'll let you know how the 'gathering spot' things work out on weekends. Who knows, maybe some Halo kids will steal those rooms.

Updated first post.

First post in like a year...

Get more of the Chicago OGs to show up and make this an actual thread now will ya? And keep styling on everyone with sick Hazama combos.

Bumping.

Was at Galloping Ghosts Arcade last night till 4 AM. Great arcade and a lot of fun. $15 door fee and that's it. All games are on freeplay, there are two rooms with televisions mounted to the walls each with either a PS3 or 360 hooked up to it. Kinda laggy, but because the fighting game community is so awesome and they want to cater to us, they are looking into replacing those televisions by the end of next week.

Their Super 4 cabinet was real laggy, they will plan on fixing that. Everything has Happ parts so if you have soft delicate fingers you may want to spend more time not grinding every fighting game to death.

The arcade will be up to snuff by the end of August. I suggested them to look into getting the following Cabinets:

MBAA:CC

BB:CS

GGAC

KOFXIII

As those cabinets would definitely get playtime from a lot of people in the community. Not to mention they have every KoF from 93 to XI anyway (good thing they stopped there)

90% of the cabinets are in excellent shape. Definitely a place worth going to in the near future. But right now let them fix up some things. They are also going to have Sanwa parts put into the fighting game cabinets.

Sorry I didn't end up going... we played CS at my house instead lol and I spent 15 bucks on the movies on Saturday so... yeah... I'll for sure head down to the place when I'm around though.

So... no weekly casuals? Only on Tuesdays and Thursdays? :(

Yeah. Monthlies on Saturdays for a ranbat in Addison. (Season 2 starts in about 19 hours.)

Just about every Tues/Thurs in Addison there's casuals there. Sometimes there's only 3 BBCS players, sometimes there's 6. None of us play GG:AC unless we feel like experiencing that Eddie syndrome where everything is unblockable so getting hit makes you paranoid. Good practice if persay I was going to fight...Carl.

*Looks at sig*

Yes...good practice indeed.

Hero, do you live far from AREAXIII? It's so very hard to get there from the city. X_X But I love the place.

15 20 minutes from there. Unfortunately my house is guest unfriendly. =/

End Of Summer tournament! Go there!