Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CaliPower

Southern California Regionals - Nov. 5-7 ($1k pot for BBCS + prizes!)

Fuck the entire US Blazblue scene, until I see one of you guys bust out some cartwheel nonsense on the stream like Royal Flush in TvC during the finals.

Fuck the entire US Blazblue scene, until I see one of you guys bust out some cartwheel nonsense on the stream like Royal Flush in TvC during the finals.

That was so fucking gdlk.

Cart wheels are for 5 year old girls who want to be cheerleaders. Tokido showed how real men win.

Edit: And now throwing out the taunt ftw against Justin Wong. Tokido = my new favorite fighting game player.

Dude edward does some seriously crazy shit all the time. He does fucking forward rolls just to get from one side of the hotel room to the other. not even kidding.

Also you guys should've seen it when he level 3'd someone out of his burst with VJ for the kill. He acted the whole super out. So rad.

this is true for 95% of the time which applies to GG, Hokuto, SBX, etc

but I don't think the gap in BB is that huge compared to above games due to many reasons.

I used to think that too until Tokido took SCR and he doesn't even play BB that seriously. GG's top US players would be able to beat someone from Japan like Tokido (doesn't play the game seriously), but that wasn't exactly the case for BB. The gap between Japan's top GG players and the US's top GG players is still huge though.

Whoa whoa whoa. When I made my whole "America is free", I wasn't including WC in that shit. Let me repeat: When you free ass niggas lose to someone who doesn't play the game, that's not on America. That's on WEST COAST.

Don't drag us down with you scrubs.

Whoa whoa whoa. When I made my whole "America is free", I wasn't including WC in that shit. Let me repeat: When you free ass niggas lose to someone who doesn't play the game, that's not on America. That's on WEST COAST.

Don't drag us down with you scrubs.

Real talk no one on EC was going to win that tournament, let alone beat Tokido.

As apparently one of the only WC people who's played EC, I have to say...this argument is completely meaningless. What really matters is how amazing Bang is. AmIRite?

Someone did. A few someones - Kennyon, Kasou, and someone else that Tokido trolled in the tournament (Daifunka RC 5A).

idk...it seems people make them comparison of SSFIV top players to BB top players in america.

but most people forget that Super is nowhere near as big as it is over here. Blazblue CS usually alternates between 2nd and 3rd most played game from the arcadia monthly lists with SSFIV wayyyy lower. So, it seems like people in JP land might have a much higher skill level in general in airdashing games in comparison to streetfighter. Tokido may not play blazblue on a competitive level in jp land, but i'm sure he plays casuals quite a bit with other highly skilled bb players whenever goes to the arcade.

maybe i'm missing some key fact, but it doesn't seem like its a fair comparison to say that Justin Wong can beat jp players, compared to Zong One losing to one that "doesn't really play bb" in a game they seem to care about more in general in jp.

idk...it seems people make them comparison of SSFIV top players to BB top players in america.

but most people forget that Super is nowhere near as big as it is over here. Blazblue CS usually alternates between 2nd and 3rd most played game from the arcadia monthly lists with SSFIV wayyyy lower. So, it seems like people in JP land might have a much higher skill level in general in airdashing games in comparison to streetfighter. Tokido may not play blazblue on a competitive level in jp land, but i'm sure he plays casuals quite a bit with other highly skilled bb players whenever goes to the arcade.

maybe i'm missing some key fact, but it doesn't seem like its a fair comparison to say that Justin Wong can beat jp players, compared to Zong One losing to one that "doesn't really play bb" in a game they seem to care about more in general in jp.

Not sure where to begin how wrong this post is. :|

Going to make the most comprehensive shoutouts post ever when I get important pictures from Rin to support it

And all you faggots talking about losing to someone who doesn't even play the game can put money down on me offline, PEACE niggas

Oh, and I told Tokido the clap was unblockable. He asked me before our match, like "The clap, can you block??" And I was like "Nooooo dawg, can't block in the air"

Real talk no one on EC was going to win that tournament, let alone beat Tokido.

Wow, just no. Looks like we got someone completely unfamiliar with the Blaz scene.

Now unless the whole EC vs WC conversation is going on and Texas in not involved, then ok, you guys continue to argue ;o

Because "real talk", if Tokido came to Texas for Blaz (hate to sound cocky, but I'm more than sure about this), he would be lucky to place top 3....

out of all 6 of our players =/

Pretzelwolf I didn't know you lived on East Coast

... Come to think of it I didn't know Texas was on the East Coast either

I'm stupid, am I being trolled?

WTF GUYS?!?!?! :(

Also, I thought Texas was part of EC since when there would be 5v5, TX would be placed with EC.

It is very embarrassing that we (people who entered scr) lost to a guy who doesn't play the game serious.

but talking about things that is done already is meaningless.

We socal just needed some bang players who can provide us bang experience.

We terminated all of them like a half year ago because of our hate to bang was too strong.

Too bad CS is almost over and we don't know what's gonna happen CS2 in US.

Anyways, in new version, we all need to get together and play. we can't get better without working on it.

In CS, obviously we didn't do so. That's the reason why we lost. I remember myself

We won't magically win against tokido who has a lot stronger fundamental than us.

"oh, california sucks." Yes, we are. But so what? if we don't like being like this, we can work on it.

Doesn't mean we have to tho. I can totally understand why many people doesn't like this game and doesn't feel like taking time and effort.

I personally felt very ashamed, so I'd like to try.

well, I hope BB will be on EVO, by that way we california players can show how much we improved.

And hopefully tokido enters again. I really wanted to play with him anyways so.

I'm pretty sure Spirit Juice saw how badly Cali did in SBO quals, don't worry pretzel.

I'll have to MM you again now though Pozer, making a lot of important improvements. Learned a lot in Texas, I appreciate it.

I'm not going to lie, this kind of reminds me of what I pointed out on the front page on the topic called "IPlaywWinner BBCS Podcast w/ Coopa and Dacidbro".

Basically my post was stating how the American players don't understand why Japan is ahead, and the mind set Americans have by this is wrong and mis informed and needs to be more educated on the issue rather than jumping to false conclusions.

However, as stated on that post, I believe that discussion is left for another topic.

I'll have to MM you again now though Pozer, making a lot of important improvements. Learned a lot in Texas, I appreciate it.

You still have some work, my child.

You have the mutative, but lack the educated that is needed. I can inform you of your errors and possibly make you a greater player. However........... I need to visit cali first, lulz ;o

AM I INCLUDED IN THAT TOP 6 PLAYERS??? lolllllll

The McRib is back, only $5 for a combo!!!!

Oh yeah, and erm... erm.........

I forget what I wanted to say on this Edit.

Wow, just no. Looks like we got someone completely unfamiliar with the Blaz scene.

Now unless the whole EC vs WC conversation is going on and Texas in not involved, then ok, you guys continue to argue ;o

Because "real talk", if Tokido came to Texas for Blaz (hate to sound cocky, but I'm more than sure about this), he would be lucky to place top 3....

out of all 6 of our players =/

Except Texas wasn't in finals? If Texas couldn't cut it in a California tournament in which Tokido won, I'm not sure how Tokido wouldn't win a seven man Texas tournament. Just sayin'~