Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CaliPower

Southern California Regionals - Nov. 5-7 ($1k pot for BBCS + prizes!)

Yeah I do think you're putting Texas a little higher than it belongs, Pozer, but I would be extremely interested in any thoughts you had on the podcast and my playing.

Except Texas wasn't in finals? If Texas couldn't cut it in a California tournament in which Tokido won, I'm not sure how Tokido wouldn't win a seven man Texas tournament. Just sayin'~

Aside from Jan, who else from Texas made it?

Um, your argument really, really sucks, fyi. Actually, you didn't even make a point to argue about.

Way to fail as soon as you hit the post button =/

Yeah I do think you're putting Texas a little higher than it belongs, Pozer, but I would be extremely interested in any thoughts you had on the podcast and my playing.

Ah, read my post on the topic on the front page.

I go a little more in depth in what I was implying.

http://myeg.net/blogs/user_blog.php?blog_id=1047

old, but that man speak the truth too...

also Mr. Pozer here speak the truth.

I like how Marn took exactly what I told everyone that night on why the American scene is the way it is last time he was in Texas.

WAY TO GO!! SDKFJASDK;LFJAS;KFJ;ASKLFKL

Just read it. I recognized the significant problems I had during my stay in Texas, I fixed all of them since. Especially habits.

Oh? But I still wonder how you went about fixing them.

It felt like your style was "familiar", but no in a good way. I dunno, it's hard to explain what I'm talking about at the moment.

Aside from Jan, who else from Texas made it?

Um, your argument really, really sucks, fyi. Actually, you didn't even make a point to argue about.

Way to fail as soon as you hit the post button =/

I was under the impression that you went, but I guess you didn't. My mistake.

But point remains that EC wasn't going to win SCR or beat Tokido.

meh, my post is so messy.

Socal needed bang to practice with, but we just bitched about bang and didn't take the match up seriously.

Without the experience, there's no way we'll beat better "fighting game" players.

so let's do the things we need to do to win and not let this happen again.

Well, I feel like it wouldn't be that way if we were actually playing, but that would of course be speculation.

My biggest problem is a lack of experience; I've been improving rapidly, but I've been playing catchup. So far I've been using Bang as a crutch, having a spectacularly powerful character has been instrumental to my victories. But it isn't the only reason I'm doing well, I do learn from things that go wrong, and I learned a LOT in Texas.

Anyway, stay free east coast (texas), see you next time you want to show up to a tournament out of state o:

EDIT: Kennyon, I agree. I was pretty upset when everyone in Socal demonized me for using Bang when I was down there, being one of very few Bang players. I knew that he was too strong for most of the cast, but the reality is he's a character and people need the experience. Same for Litchi and other strong characters, in general too few people play them, because so many people insist they're "cheap".

Hype ass shit this weekend!

Shoutouts to Rin for all the recording, stay salty.

Shoutouts to Tokido for being such a solid player. An honor to play against someone as smart as him. Kinda ticked he specifically worked on the Tager matchup before coming here...

Shoutouts and Congrats to Dacid, Dabbit and Zong for placing. You're all amazing people.

Shoutouts to Zong again for shaved head, don't curbstomp anyone :P

Shoutout to FUCKING RENDER for being so fucking godlike! Keep taking money before your MMs are even done son!

Shoutouts to Mike Z for making SkullGirls more and more awesome everytime I see it.

Shoutouts to me not getting any recorded matches!

Shoutouts to the ONE setup I played Tokido on not having Valk so I could try and win with someone other than Tager...

Shoutouts to Double Jacket pictures being extra hype

Shoutouts to Willy for lending me the stick

Shoutouts to SandwichBro for being a fatass

I'll do more if I think of more :3

yes...

for the tldr version:

play to win whatever it takes, study the frame data..., be patient don't do stupid moves.

We as american like to fool around when we play our fighting games thinking that's it's funny.. , look at all those homo genius stuff.., mostly american made right?

Also, other notes..., don't be cocky..., I still take advices from all the players even though I might beat them more but it's useful to talk about the game

if you think you already the master of this game then why still losing? also don't think that the japanese or anyone else much stronger than you..

they might have more experience but that's what makes it exciting right? don't think you'll lose before you fight otherwise if you definitely know that your enemy is stronger than you

try to understand the skill gap..., always study why did you get hit and how to fix that.

also learn on how what works to get in what would throw people off and make them impatient...,

Also specific to Austin TX...

People also don't want to go to the arcade since they are afraid to get destroyed...oh boy ,

I still get destroyed by all the top players but I try to learn..., persistence is my slogan

Oh yeah, and to add on about the post Spirit Juice made, results speaks for themselves.

BlazBlue in Houston during Anime Matsuri (fake showdown).

In Austin during SBO quals at Arcade UFO.

Just saying, the evidence is there, even during casuals and money matches it was quiet one sided.

Hate to go about talking down on other states, but damn, Texas is always being shitted on no matter how many times we bring the pain. However, I will say times have changed, and Texas isn't no where near the status is used to be, but you would think more old school people would have more respect about there states and players... at times I feel wrong about this.

But point remains that EC wasn't going to win SCR or beat Tokido.

And by EC you mean everyone Outside of Texas, then yes, you made a fine point there.

I made another post on the topic called "IPlaywWinner BBCS Podcast w/ Coopa and Dacidbro" on the front page, and I haz an idea

And by EC you mean everyone Outside of Texas, then yes, you made a fine point there.

Now you done gone and fucked up.

Edit: ROFL. Nice uh... "win" there Spirit Jake at NCI.

Edit 2:

Ahhh! But Kennyon! I have played with East coast!

They are so free!

UME POSTU

Stay getting blown up Can'tEvenPlace2nd,JustAnAfterthoughtBro.

Edit 3 although still part of 2:

Zidane is pretty good seeing how he plays most of the time

I don't even play this game.

Quick summary of my weekend trip to SCR. Or as I call it, "CopperDabbit Vs. the Universe"

Round 1, FIGHT

Dabbit uses HYPE CARPOOL

It's Super Effective!

The Universe uses FORGETFUL

It's Super Effective!

Dabbit forgot his toothbrush!

Dabbit uses HAVE FUN

The Universe takes 1 point of damage.

Enraged, the Universe rolls up it's galactic sleeves, preparing for an ass beating.

The Universe uses FORGETFUL

It's super effective!

Dabbit forgot his Jacket, with all of his money in it.

The Universe uses UNLUCKY

It's super effective!

Despite the fact his friends lent him 5 dollars the cross the bridge, it's actually 6 dollars and now has a ticket in the mail with Dabbit's name on it.

Dabbit Faints from Exhaustion!

The Universe uses UNLUCKY

It's super effective!

Despite the fact his friends lent him 5 dollars the cross the bridge, it's actually 6 dollars and now has a ticket in the mail with Dabbit's name on it.

Dabbit Faints from Exhaustion!

WHAT THA FUCK GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE ALWAYS HOLDIN' THE DABBIT DOWN OAO

I'll help cover some :(