Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CaliPower

Southern California Regionals - Nov. 5-7 ($1k pot for BBCS + prizes!)

Enough e-peen.

Shouts out:

Everyone who entered - this tournament went decently smoothly, aside from 2 early DQs. GJ all, and thank you to render et al for helping run nearly half the bracket while I was off losing other tournaments. :^) Good lord, BB has looooooong rounds.

Those played Skullgirls - I shed tears of joy.

CopperDabbit - you left your phone at your parents' house, too. <3 u 4eva, my non-identical twin from another set of parents entirely.

Tubazoo - GGs, and thank you for always being around for your matches. You are a most likable guy, stay friendly. In fact, that applies to all of AZ.

DacidBro - 5-5 in your opponent's favor. AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH. Ha. ::ahem:: I saw you bought a new truck - nice pickup! You are also a most likable guy.

Rin - already posting videos Sunday night?! Your dedication to the community cannot be questioned! Put Tubazoo in your next trailer kthx.

ZONG - America's Last Nope. :^) The third and final most likable guy.

Seth Killian - I know you don't read Dustloop, but you're still a great person when your job permits you to be a real person.

The Proud Bird tacos - if you didn't try them, you really missed out.

It is very embarrassing that we (people who entered scr) lost to a guy who doesn't play the game serious.

but talking about things that is done already is meaningless.

We socal just needed some bang players who can provide us bang experience.

We terminated all of them like a half year ago because of our hate to bang was too strong.

Too bad CS is almost over and we don't know what's gonna happen CS2 in US.

Anyways, in new version, we all need to get together and play. we can't get better without working on it.

In CS, obviously we didn't do so. That's the reason why we lost. I remember myself

We won't magically win against tokido who has a lot stronger fundamental than us.

"oh, california sucks." Yes, we are. But so what? if we don't like being like this, we can work on it.

Doesn't mean we have to tho. I can totally understand why many people doesn't like this game and doesn't feel like taking time and effort.

I personally felt very ashamed, so I'd like to try.

well, I hope BB will be on EVO, by that way we california players can show how much we improved.

And hopefully tokido enters again. I really wanted to play with him anyways so.

Best post of the month

Good to see SoCal GG/BB again after such a long hiatus. There now exists only two pictures of me with long hair, as I got my hair cut the following day :p. Must remember to obtain copies from Purrin...

Most of Saturday was a blur due to sleep deprivation, but I vaguely recall shtkn, Stormlocke rooting for my roboky, Purrin with camera, Rin on recording, Xie floating around, and MikeZ doing Tager stuff.

I arrived alone. I departed alone. The story of my life. lol :lol: - The DuoCali Tumbleweed

I used to think that too until Tokido took SCR and he doesn't even play BB that seriously. GG's top US players would be able to beat someone from Japan like Tokido (doesn't play the game seriously), but that wasn't exactly the case for BB. The gap between Japan's top GG players and the US's top GG players is still huge though.

ehh, I totally agree on what you have said and I understand,

but I do think gap between Japan and US in this game is not as terrible as you think.

Just mentioning some of my opnions.

1. Tokido is not a BB noob or anything, he was once considered to be the best player back in CT. Though he only plays CS proly once in a month or 3-months, I would say even in Japan nobody could promise to say that they could beat Tokido with 10-0

2. BB is a very shallow game in my opinion. ASW has done a very good job in making this game beginners friendly. So, it's really not surprising to see somebody new to the scene surpass the rest.

*past examples*

Koichi played only 1 month of Litchi and he could beat Fumo in the tournament.

Nemo who doesn't know anything about this game, picked up Bang a month ago, and he is already up to competitive level now.

3. Yes, I agree some good US GG players can definitely rape Tokido free, but from what I know Tokido gave up GG long time ago. Also GG is a complicated game that you can't really win without consistent try and error, you cant win by just mashing A's and B's.

4. Good GG players will be able to take down Tokido, so how about BB? In my opinion, there is no such a person like GG Latif in the current scene. At least not from people I have played. I can't really judge any thing between different regions, but I see players from EC, WC and Texas have strong enough potential to make them competitive in Japan

5. I agree on what Kenny tuty said. practice and play more before claiming yourself as the best

>KidViper and Kensou win Animatsuri SBO Qual and win free vacation to Japan.

>Don't play the game for a couple months.

>Get bodied first round.

>Hsien and Jan win Arcade UFO SBO Qual and win free vacation to Japan.

>Don't care about the game.

>Get bodied first round.

>Tokido wins Socal Regionals

>"Doesn't even play this game."

>Wins free money.

So where do we go from here? Do people stop bitching and actually do something about it (including myself), or do we just complain about our current skill level of BB? We want to get to that next level, but is anyone doing anything about it? I know of atleast 2 or 3 people who are trying... that's not a whole lot.

So I am disappoint I guess..

Whatever. I thought I played well.

And Tokido doesn't play GG, he did give it up a LONG time ago.

you played really well bro, it was chance and you did pretty well on that last round .

baited both of tokido burst and stuff.., everything can happen and it wasn't in your favor but winning is not everything.

Oh, and I told Tokido the clap was unblockable. He asked me before our match, like "The clap, can you block??" And I was like "Nooooo dawg, can't block in the air"

I told him during our match, lol.

I guess he didn't trust you, since he had to ask me. ;)

Wow, just no. Looks like we got someone completely unfamiliar with the Blaz scene.

Now unless the whole EC vs WC conversation is going on and Texas in not involved, then ok, you guys continue to argue ;o

Because "real talk", if Tokido came to Texas for Blaz (hate to sound cocky, but I'm more than sure about this), he would be lucky to place top 3....

out of all 6 of our players =/

Honestly, I doubt it, since I can beat you. ;)

Shoutouts to Zong again for shaved head, don't curbstomp anyone :P

I'll do more if I think of more :3

Good reference. :thumbu:

You played really well. See you at NEC!!!!!!

Completely random and slightly off the America sucks at BBCS/Tokido trolled us/BBCS is a beginners game, but did anyone else find the commentating for the matches to be extremely annoying, particularly Coopa, almost to the point of distraction? I mean, sure I can mute it but I do like to hear the explanations of what's going on even if they're randomly tossed in a whirlwind of internet catchphrases and poorly strung together curse words. Granted, we're a small community that isn't taken as seriously but certainly commentary like this doesn't help the general perception of the game. Maybe I'm just an old man who want kids to get off his lawn...

oh, i was thinking about going to an East Coast tourney soon... but College Final Exams>Blazblue Continuum Shit.

well, go troll east coast with your gdlike carl :) and it sucks, all these people make fun of bang in cali and still can't beat him...