Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kirrintuka

Regarding .pac files

Recently BlazBlue Calamity Trigger was released and I was wondering how I could go about editing, extracting and repacking the .pac files. I was looking to make my own stage backgrounds (2D). What tools do I need exactly and how do I go about the process? Any links would be more than appreciated.

Extracting: Hipster. Instructions on the page.

Editing: Photoshop.

Repacking: ????. No one has made a repacker that I'm aware of.

Are you talking about the PC version of Calamity Trigger? I can't guarantee that Hipster will work with those PAC files. But you can try it! If it doesn't work, then you're boned, unless you know how to work with QuickBMS or something like it, which should also allow you to repack them later.

Also bear in mind that stages are 3D, so unless you're going to rip the stages and replace their models with flat planes, you're gonna have a hard time making proper 2D backgrounds. Actually the entire game is 3D, the character models are just flat planes with sprites applied. :v:

Extracting: Hipster. Instructions on the page.

Editing: Photoshop.

Are you talking about the PC version of Calamity Trigger? I can't guarantee that Hipster will work with those PAC files. But you can try it! If it doesn't work, then you're boned, unless you know how to work with QuickBMS or something like it, which should also allow you to repack them later.

Also bear in mind that stages are 3D, so unless you're going to rip the stages and replace their models with flat planes, you're gonna have a hard time making proper 2D backgrounds. Actually the entire game is 3D, the character models are just flat planes with sprites applied. :v:

Tried using hipster and I get an error telling me that the pac file contains files of an unknown type. I then extract the files and get cammot.pac, mdl.pac, mot.pac, scr.pac and snd.pac. Nothing happens when I open these additional pac files in Hipster. Any suggestions from there?

hi guys, i too am looking for a way to pack files back into the game. on youtube i found video which was replaced location

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoL0nKK6seI

I would know the author as he wrapped files back into the game. but he did not answer :(

Also, i found in russian forum unpacker pac archives

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-e4639395.html

maybe they can make packer? :kitty:

sorry for mistakes. i am Italian, my english bad.

A packer is as easy as making a batch file and concatenating the header with the dds image, or the audio, etc... Although I'd guess it would be more complicated if you had more than one file in the .pac.

If somebody contacts me on MSN, I can probably make them one.

Okay, I need a list of the folder structure of BB:CT PC. Specifically, the stage bg folders.

I've made a program that will unpack and pack the pac files. The only requirement is .NET 3.5.

I've designed the interface to be similar to most other compression programs so it should be self explanatory. If anything isn't working, let me know.

Continuum DeShift.zip

Hello all!

The latest release of Hipster includes a couple of features for modifying pac files:

1) If you open a pac file containing hip files you can replace any sprite by right-clicking and choosing Replace. This will prompt you to select a PNG file (that's the only supported filetype, I think it should suffice). The sprite in the pac file will be overwritten by the selected image.

2) There's a new Explore option on the File menu which lets you examine the contents of any pac file. Again, just right-click on any of the files within the pac and select Replace.

I should mention that I don't actually have a copy of the game and so haven't tested whether or not the updated pac files are accepted or not. If anybody tries it I'd appreciate any feedback.

Tried using hipster and I get an error telling me that the pac file contains files of an unknown type. I then extract the files and get cammot.pac, mdl.pac, mot.pac, scr.pac and snd.pac. Nothing happens when I open these additional pac files in Hipster. Any suggestions from there?

Firstly, that's not strictly an error message, it's just the program telling you that there are no sprites contained in the pac file (Hipster is predominantly a sprite ripping tool). However once you've extracted the pac files I would expect it to open them successfully, unless they're empty. Have you tried with the latest version? If so, upload the pac file somewhere and I'll look into it.