Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RandomGuy

Naruto Ultimate Ninja and I ain't talking Storm.

Does anyone here play Naruto Ultimate Ninja 1-3 as well as the unreleased ones from Japan? I'm not talking about the 3D storm, that's trash compared to the rest (though it's a beautiful game.) I was thinking about restarting the Ultimate Ninja scene again in my community. We were pro yo. I was wondering if anyone here played it competitively at all or have any thoughts about it.

I remember playing the first one on the PS2... It was an alright fighter, but my big thing was, at that time, I was very interested in the whole Naruto series. I tried to watch as much as I could when it was on Cartoon Network.

Also to note: Even though you aren't a fan of the Shippuden Storm veriations of this series, the latest game just got since major pub for recently adding Tekken 6's Lars Alexandersson in the Japanese version of the game.

The thing is I was a smash-head before I got back into more "traditional" fighters. We turned off Items and just played Ultimate Ninja with the Ninjas and the kunai, shuriken they gave us. I'm a fan of Ninja Storm, you must understand that I just prefer 2D fighters over 3D, my brother and I used to get As when we Battled in Storm and we tried playing and got only Cs and Ds. It was pretty fun though. It was only 4 people that played in our UN scene, but with those 4 people we developed into very good player and learn cool combos techniques and strategies.

Ultimate ninja is the same as Narutimate Hero, or are they different series

cuz i play the Narutimate Accel Hero to, i main the Kazekage garaa btw

Narutamate Hero is the real name of Ultimate Ninja. That one is on the PSP right? My main is Naruto and I second Guy or Neji depending on the game I'm playing.

cool, i have some friend that like to play the game, they are huge fan of naruto (so i am), i have 2 games, narutimate 3 and narutimate accel 2, i like to play them with the items on, what can i say, im a purist who likes to play the games as they come from the box

Ah we used to play like that too, One time we played with too many items...there were too many devil winds being tossed around...

too bad that there isnt online in the older games, i havent played the new ones, but im not interested in invest in a version that is outdated compared to what is going in the manga,

i want to play a game with sage naruto, killer bee and fox naruto (the last one where he controls the nine tails), and even better a posible fox sage naruto,

that would be god damn dope

Yea I know how you feel. I wanna play a new one like that as well. Cept 2D. I don't mind a storm similar to that one though.

OOOH don't get me started guys. Whenever somebody talks about NH/NA/UN, it kind of gets me riled up. <_<

NH3/UN3 was pretty much my favorite because that's when the series reached it's peak in terms of gameplay mechanics. I remember watching Jaxelrod's, FullArmorBass's and Rockmankb's tournament and tutorial vids to get better. And NA3 is the fucking devil! So much hype built up for it, only to let us down with the watered down mechanics. :vbang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtMbaFFCqn0

^ Quick start up and recovery jabs ftw?

Haha, yea. That quick start up recovery jabs vid made my day. We need to definitely start up a competitive UN/NH/NA community.

I didn't even know Ulitmate Ninja could even be considered a competitive fighter in terms of what's out there. I wouldn't be surprised if RandomGuy does start an competitive community for this game considering how much he likes it.

(BTW... I LOVE Ichipoo's avatar... It's just so cute! :))

anything can be competitive, i have some sort of scene for one of the saint seiya games for the ps2

Haha, yea. That quick start up recovery jabs vid made my day. We need to definitely start up a competitive UN/NH/NA community.
Should've heard the dude raging on the mic on Ad Hoc Party, his saltiness made me orgasm and major lulz were had that day. :kitty:

You should join the Shishi-Rendan forums bro!

I didn't even know Ulitmate Ninja could even be considered a competitive fighter in terms of what's out there. I wouldn't be surprised if RandomGuy does start an competitive community for this game considering how much he likes it.

It's not as deep as SF, GG, or BB, but it is deep for a niche anime fighter in terms of the different playstyles characters have, (The different playstyles range from Rushdown, high risk, high reward offensive characters who deal damage mainly with their jutsus, Bulldoging, offensive characters who can deal damage and apply pressure with their normal alone, Chakra Denial, characters who focus on draining their opponent's chakra in order to setup an infinite combo with their easy to KnJ strings but low damage output, and your typical Zoning characters who deal damage and pressure from afar) Different match-ups and counter-picks, (With many different playstyles, this obviously makes match-ups important) and also all the different kinds of cancels you can do that the SSR crew found that deepened the metagame for the series.

Thanks for the kind compliment btw. :)

I mained Hanabi when I still played the games btw (lolis :D) but if I want to be gay, I picked KK-Sasori. :yaaay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-_20M9HkmM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPe0gWIRox0

Invincibility Frames ftw?

Actually I like Blazblue. Preorded Limited Edition CT, Normal CS and a BB TE Limited Edition Arcade Stick (#1309/1500) I even complied a list of japanese players, romanized names, characters and the colors of the characters they played for a reference guide before BB came out on console and I'm a member of Blazblue.co.nr, Dustloop.com and lurk around Blazblue.com to name a few merits.

Just because it doesn't at first appear to have a deeper level of play does not make it a bad game. If no one dove to explore the contents of melee on a deeper level no one would be playing smash at the moment competitively. If no one wanted to explore characters in games, no one would find loops, cancels and the likes. You can't just judge a book by it's cover. People think pokemon is a just a casual, fun game, but it has deeper levels of play such as EV training and IV breeding, stab, natures, abilities and items. The metagames of most games evolve for those who care to explore them.

So guys let's discuss some broke shit...

Just saw the latest NA2 Ranbat on FullArmorBass's Youtube channel and man, all I gotta say is that my hatred for TS-Temari has deepened. :mad:

I've been so out of the loop man, I stopped playing at UN2 (still my fav to this day) I have no idea how much the game has evolved. The stage shouldn't be banned, only when TS-Temari uses it xD. That's so broken. Perfect timing You know he's done that a lot. Can you sub outta it?

Also the sad part my town is near the town FAB lives in. As a matter of fact I go to the school that his town's school used to be the rivals of.

You stole the words out of my mouth... It takes one person to actually look beyond the screen and find different things. That's one of my favorite things about the fighting genre itself: Any game has a deeper level of play. You just need to find that deeper style at first. Oh, and I also want to mention that I am beyond jealous of all the stuff you have... I've never even played BlazBlue, yet thanks to the characters and storyline, I am very interested.

Oh, and thanks Ichipoo. I just happen to be a sucker for the cute innocent girl and Panda bears. :)

If anybody here is interested at playing this series at a deeper level, I suggest you start with NA2, but UN3 or 4 is fine too.

IMO, Neji, both PTS and TS forms (I prefer PTS though), is probably the most beginner friendly character in the series. He has a RTSD Chakra Denial playstyle, good mixups, easy to perform advanced combos, has one of the fastest pokes which makes it possible for him to do stagger pokes in his blockstrings thus making his mixup/pressure game more dimensional, Kaiten can act as his DP/GTFO move and can be used as a reversal, one of the easiest infinites to perform and I'm sure he has more.

I see! Thanks for the advice and info. It's really cool to see how much the game has evolved!! D= If I were to be playing though it would practically be Naruto all the way though. Master him while learning a new character.