Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MouseWonder

Going Back to Guilty Gear

Ever have a reunion with GG?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Ever have a reunion with GG?

• YEAH!! Everyday since I never left! The fact that you quit playing is an insult and disgrace!!
    • I can commiserate with you
    • I could care less.. I can't believe I wasted my time reading your post..
    • Not really, I have moved on to BB
    • GG what is that shit? I just was curious what all these forums were below BB

Why you think it sucks?

It's stale, even at EVO while I was playing casuals I wasn't having as much fun as I used to. I don't like the fact that projectiles don't build guard gauge anymore (although clearly if they did some characters would need nerfs to certain pressure tools or something) and I think a few characters are pretty stupid. I just have some minor gripes with the game and I've been playing MB since I really enjoy the game, and BB:CS for larger meets, so my interest in GG:AC is pretty low.

Projectiles don't build guard gauge? I guess Venom is just throwin non-projectile bricks around.

What do you lie about MB?

Edit: Nm don't answer that. Do what you do.

I don't play much anymore. Competition got stale since I wanted to play new people and I think AC kind of sucks.

Heretic

I agree with MissedFRC. AC is the stalest of the GG's. In much the same way that I think T6 is the stalest of all the Tekken's. Both have the most competitive cast they've ever had, but I think they both achieved this through the sacrifice of some of the game's depth.

Having said all that, GGAC is probably one of the best fighters ever, even after taking a small dive with AC.

Projectiles don't build guard gauge? I guess Venom is just throwin non-projectile bricks around.

Only Venom's charged up projectiles do GB+, all the others just do their usual chip damage with 0 GB. It's kinda odd that they let Venom be the exception, when characters like Johnny and Chipp are spending limited resources or have to preprep their projectiles, or just have bad projectiles to begin with, and don't atleast build some GB+ on block.

Heretic

sigh. sometimes I think you're such a tool

Do what you do.

Yes, exactly.

sigh. sometimes I think you're such a tool

probably i am, i guess that being bored at work doesnt help

i can see why some one could think that GGAC isnt that great compared to previous games, since there were many changes that some people liked and some people didnt, there are a lot of things that i love about GGAC, and yes there are other things that i dont like, like chipp being extremly anemic on this game or zato's force break, but over all the experience of the game is really fun so i can overpass the things that i dont like

also i would like to read what are your points on how GGAC lost some of its depth compared to previous incarnations of the game

and sorry if i act as a tool some times

AC was my favorite.... and that's from a Ky player....

though AC Pot has my eternal ire, the game feels like it gives you far more options with the characters (due to the massive changes) and the characters felt more unique and allowed for more creativity in doing random/cool stuff (see: every Ky combo movie, lol 214D).

I just recently got back into GG....I enjoy it so much more than I did before BB came out. It forces you to respect how much time they took to fine tune that game into the godly piece of loving godliness it is!

They have got a game righter than GGAC. KOF 13 yo. Where you at?

I thought this.. Gave KOF a chance.. then I played for a couple weeks.

I realized it's still just KOF.. >.>

I thought this.. Gave KOF a chance.. then I played for a couple weeks.

I realized it's still just KOF.. >.>

KOF 11 is still the best one imo and GGAC is the best fighting game in history, I'd almost say better than Street Fighter II Turbo but you can't beat "Handcuffs"

Nobody will never get a fighting game as right as they got GGAC. Real Talk.

this a hundred times this

every other fighting game i play is "Where the fuck is slayer", "can i 1fj in this shit", "backdashing sucks a dick in this game", "i worked hard for my knockdown wheres my reward", "who ok'd these boring character designs"

KOF 11 is still the best one imo and GGAC is the best fighting game in history, I'd almost say better than Street Fighter II Turbo but you can't beat "Handcuffs"

Handcuffs was World Warrior noob

I went back to GG after playing... GG? It's the only fighting game I've played seriously with my friends, and that was a long time ago.

#R online is a fun thing to play when there's people to play with, but it can be fun for only so long for me. AC is fun even against CPUs, but considering how there's literally no scene at all for me, I don't think I'll ever get back to GG seriously. The problem I have is that I'll have a blast playing the game for a while, and then I'll get bored of doing random stuff in training mode. It really sucks because I can get hyped for playing GG and then tell myself "Why am I practicing combos and FRCs if I'm never going to have someone to apply them against?" Still a pretty fun game and all.

I would consider going to a gathering or finding a scene, but I'm unable to because of personal reasons.

AC has left it's mark, I try to do green sever and find myself doing driving a frozen automobile on a blocking opponent.... and waste 50 meter tapping for SE FRC. The game never gets old.... just wish I had a someone competent to play (my brother's a fucking masher T_T)

I still adore GGXXAC, but ever since spring, the AZ GG scene has not been as "active" as it was months/year(s) before, which IS discouraging. However, a few people do host sometimes (mainly for BB, MB, etc IIRC), but not everyone is able to show up...It is just a bit strange/sad how it quickly went from being very alive/active, with GG RanBats, to somewhat inactive, with random small sessions (I know that a lot of players are playing BB, and real-life issues may interfere as well, but still...) :O However, IMO, it should never be up to one or a few people to preserve and/or revive a community; everyone who loves the game(s) should support it/them and try to help as much as they can...I wish I could do more, but meh...

GGXXAC is one of the greatest fighting games in existance (it rivals Marvel, IMO), and IMO it will be a bit hard for ASW to top/replace it. Perhaps every player is unhappy with something about the game (or characters), but no game is perfect and it may/will die if we allow it to do so...I would love to play GG competitively again, but right now, it is hard to find people to play with in this state (work-permitting), and the playing computer (MOM mode or 1P Vs. CPU/Gold teams?) or #R online are not good options, IMO...

gg is great and all but there's other games out there you know...

it's not the game you play, it's who you play it with

gg is great and all but there's other games out there you know...

it's not the game you play, it's who you play it with

^this x100. Serious. I'm one of those people who never got into GG till after playing BB, I'll admit it's a great game, but I currently don't own a console version of it (PSP...meh, the dpad on that shit sucks...) cause of that I can't really play it to it's fullest. But regardless, I think people should play whatever game thats fun for them with people who are fun to play with. =3