Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yahiko

[CS1] Arakune Question and Answer Thread

I just recently picked up on using Arakune, I've never used him in CT so there's no transition for me to make. I checked out the combo thread for him http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?7832-Arakune-CS-Combo-Discussion-Thread but that didn't really throw me a hint as to how to get started using him. If anybody has the basic BnBs or the Pro/Cons of Arakune that would be helpful. Also if there is a thread stating the above that i missed please feel free to post a link thanks.

Hey guys, im new to arakune, and i have a question: for the pinwheel loop; when should you let go of 6CD? and when should you start your j.236c?

EDIT: okay i have another question, why do some people 5c on the ground during loops? is it because it helps the combo be more untechable? and if so, when should you do 5c?

I just recently picked up on using Arakune, I've never used him in CT so there's no transition for me to make. I checked out the combo thread for him http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?7832-Arakune-CS-Combo-Discussion-Thread but that didn't really throw me a hint as to how to get started using him. If anybody has the basic BnBs or the Pro/Cons of Arakune that would be helpful. Also if there is a thread stating the above that i missed please feel free to post a link thanks.

Look here http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?7832-Arakune-CS-Combo-Discussion-Thread It will list you everything including BnB Combos.

If you're talking about short, revolver BnBs, then;

2A, 5B, 5D

5Ax(n), 6B, hjc, j.6D

j.4B, [either of the above options] or 5B, 5D.

airthrow, (delay) j.D, 5D, j.A, J.C, j.D

Those four are the basic of the basic. Learn those, then get used the the curse loops, then move onto Rapid Cancel combos and dive cancel loops.

Quick Pro, Con summary on the spot.

Pros:

High Damage in curse.

Good Air-Air play.

Fast.

Zoning ability.

Good Distortions (one is a good reversal and anti air, the other is unblockable and leads to 100% curse.)

Cons:

Low Damage outside curse.

Terrible normals.

Meh Ground play.

Gets destroyed by better zoners.

Hard to get out of pressure.

Look here http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?7832-Arakune-CS-Combo-Discussion-Thread It will list you everything including BnB Combos.

It may list combo's but i need to know beginner combo's for arakune, combo's that i should be using and the ones that i shouldn't even touch until i get a grip of the character better, i can't spend the whole time learning all those combo's for him!

2A, 5B, 5D

5Ax(n), 6B, hjc, j.6D

Those four are the basic of the basic. Learn those, then get used the the curse loops, then move onto Rapid Cancel combos and dive cancel loops.

Pros:

High Damage in curse.

Good Air-Air play.

Fast.

Zoning ability.

Good Distortions (one is a good reversal and anti air, the other is unblockable and leads to 100% curse.)

Cons:

Terrible normals.

Meh Ground play.

thank you that's exactly what i needed!

As there have been more and more people not wanting to actually read threads to find the information they seek (and getting people to update the 1st post on their threads is damn near impossible) I'm editing this thread to extend the scope to all beginner questions.

oh hell is this thread new? i haven't seen it b4! well ill just copy and paste my question here

Hey guys, im new to arakune, and i have a question: for the pinwheel loop; when should you let go of 6CD? and when should you start your j.236c?

EDIT: okay i have another question, why do some people 5c on the ground during loops? is it because it helps the combo be more untechable? and if so, when should you do 5c?

What are the best ways to approach a opponent once cursed when he's far? Most of the time I end up throwing all the bugs at the same time... I try to at least throw the A/B bugs BEFORE the C/D bugs. What ends up happening is that I chase him with dive/bird moves and 2C and somehow the D bug comes before the C which usually screws my chance to combo. Maybe there are moves I should avoid or use more often? Anyone have any suggestions? And that challenge 10 combo, when is the best situation to pull an arial 5C? When the opponent is far?

2A, 5B, 5D

5Ax(n), 6B, hjc, j.6D

Pros:

High Damage in curse.

Good Air-Air play.

Fast.

Zoning ability.

Cons:

Terrible normals.

Meh Ground play.

Arakune's air to air is subpar, his air to ground is where he shines.

Other than that, you're right on the nose.

Let go of 6CD around halfway through the animation. For English Arakune, I usually let go at the third syllable. It'll become muscle memory soon. You should start the j.236c at the height of the D Bug's launch, but the timing isn't that strict.

If you're talking about 5C in the corner, then that's to do additional damage, and possibly, some untechable time. You should do it when the D Bug is stunning them on it's way down. You can also do it when they touch the ground when the D Bug is about to launch them back up. This is also nessessary to do the wheel loop on Mu. That or 2B. Personally, I don't do the second 5C as it lessens the overall damage (gonna have to learn how to spell proporate :psyduck:), but Zong_one does the second 5C, and he knows far more than me, so he's probably right, but don't let it worry you.

What are the best ways to approach a opponent once cursed when he's far? Most of the time I end up throwing all the bugs at the same time... I try to at least throw the A/B bugs BEFORE the C/D bugs. What ends up happening is that I chase him with dive/bird moves and 2C and somehow the D bug comes before the C which usually screws my chance to combo. Maybe there are moves I should avoid or use more often? Anyone have any suggestions?

Screen Teleporting by doing 44 at the wall works pretty well if they're far away, you can also use 3C which will send you relatively quickly over half the screen, allowing you to use 6ABCD bugs. D Bugs are good for locking them down allowing you to get to them. Don't spam it of course, as the recovery time is quite long. Feel free to use C Bug to keep him locked on the ground though, C Bugs refresh very quickly.

Another tip. If you actually hit them with the D Bug and you're near them, you can try pushing them forward a bit by walking into them, allowing the launch to take them up, you don't need the C bug really. That's only for breaking guards.

Souji also does 2 5C's. That's good enough for me. He also somehow adds a j.C > j.214 C before he reaches the corner for more damage, but I haven't had much success adding that one. :-/

If my opponent is doing nothing but walking backwards, blocking all of my bugs and potentially getting negative warning, which tactics should I use to guard break or get my party bugs to loop him?

Backdash > 6ABCD lol. (Some what more complicated than that. But really you want them to either block D bug, or A bug if you're in range for 2A.) If you stay full screen, they can't back up any more. At full screen, basically lock down with D bug somehow, and teleport over there.

A lot of stuff here (Dustloop->BlazBlue) - and Arakune forum in particular - is written assuming that the player has followed BB:CT.

Given that I didn't, where do I have to go to pick up everything I need to start learning the data in this forum?

Is there something different about Arakune's IAD compared to other characters? I can't seem to get it off as easily as I could with the rest of the cast.

So I just started subbing bug man and I've mastered the PinWheel loop. The only problem im having is landing the D bug to start the loop. Are they any combos that come into the D bug?

This one is purty easy:

3A (6A bug summoned), 3A, (6A bug hits) 5CD, C bug hits, D bug hits... commence loop!

There are far more, but this is by far the easiest. Check the vid thread for some kick ass amazing tutorials.

I'm trying to learn dive cancel and was wondering if I dive with j2a do I have to cancel with 5b or can I use 5c?

You can dive cancel with any unused dive variation.

So if you use the j2a, you can dive cancel with b or c, provided you didn't already use one of them.

Likewise if you use j2b, you can cancel with a or c.

I dive cancel with c.

I honestly spent about 3 to 4 hours total on this and I can't hit 5d after a dive, Ive tried about 3 different methods with no luck.