Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yahiko

[CS1] Arakune Question and Answer Thread

Yeah, I just realized that. I must have missed the "k" when I typed "ku". Whoops! You'd think after 2 years of Japanese I'd notice something like that.

Make sure you're holding 6 when you finish the j236cd input.

What exactly is your issue, what kind of bug combo are you trying to do?

Try~

j.236cd > c bug > d bug 1 > walk 5c > d bug 2

Hold c and d for about a half a second, it'll look like this.

I got a general question about Arakune's "feints".

Aside from combos, what are some good strategies in their uses, since they seem to trick people's spacing so very well?

well j214A/214A has many uses

1) Air teching really high up in the air you can use it to bring you back to the ground right away if you do it early enough.

2) Can be used to bait air to air attacks. You land then punish from below

3) Mobility. Can be used to escape corners/change sides.

4) Can be used to cancel the recover of moves such as 5D allowing you to buffer bugs.

5) Cancelling JC in curse confirms

214C is mainly used for crossups during curse or to pin armor cloud to people.

j214C is used to cancel JC or to move opponents during curse loops

214B is used to for crossup oki setups.

j214b is used primarily to cancel JC during curse setups

OK I got a question that i need an answer to...

Arakune's kara cancel dive loop that does 100% curse input is different depending on what characters you do it on...

What are the inputs for the characters b/c i have trouble with noel/mu/ragna/jin.

I need to rlly work on this to improve my gameplay.

Asides from characters its also distance dependent (where you land the 2C fatal from).

Master kou can answer ur question

OK I got a question that i need an answer to...

Arakune's kara cancel dive loop that does 100% curse input is different depending on what characters you do it on...

What are the inputs for the characters b/c i have trouble with noel/mu/ragna/jin.

Noel/Mu/Lambda are all FCH2C crossunder > 5A > 8j.A > j.C > j.2A > divecancel 5D > 9j.A > j.C > j.2A > divecancel 5D > sj.A > j.C > j.D

If you don't have trouble with Tager/Litchi, you shouldn't with Ragna. It's the same loop.

Jin is a little different than Ragna/Tager/Litchi. His is more similar to bang's. I think it's a single 5A on the ground then j.A > j.A > j.C > normal loop.

/inb4 kou yells at me in disappointment for being so vague with Jin. D:

Noel/Mu/Lambda are all FCH2C crossunder > 5A > 8j.A > j.C > j.2A > divecancel 5D > 9j.A > j.C > j.2A > divecancel 5D > sj.A > j.C > j.D

If you don't have trouble with Tager/Litchi, you shouldn't with Ragna. It's the same loop.

Jin is a little different than Ragna/Tager/Litchi. His is more similar to bang's. I think it's a single 5A on the ground then j.A > j.A > j.C > normal loop.

/inb4 kou yells at me in disappointment for being so vague with Jin. D:

with noel/mu/lambda you cant loop them from FCH5C?

not 100%. (Maybe on a rare occasion with height and spacing not even 1 pixel off, but for the most part, impossible.)

It's too unstable.

Check the JP Ara wiki, it has every loop for every character except console characters, albeit only on close range FC2C's though. For farther ranges, if 6A or 5D won't connect then just use the FC5C combo for the specific character. Kou and Zeero have tutorial videos for every character for almost every situational hit also, so check those out too.

what are the arakune unblockable setups anyway? i know they probably won't be applied that much in real matches, but i just want to know them.

Unblockable set ups are extremely situational and a little character specific precurse.

It's corner only and involves the bell bug being placed directly above someone on OTG, when they get up, you pretty much start spamming low attacks (2b > delay 2a > delay 2a > delay 2a > 2c), there isn't much reward aside from the the 30% you get from the bell bug hitting, best case scenario, they block the bell and get fuzzied by the 2a and you hit confirm into > 5b > 5d, but that's if they're not barrier blocking, you're better off going for curse meter by doing 2d when you're pushed back far enough.

In curse, it's don't the exact same way, but it's kinda hard to hit confirm. Just make sure you hold d when doing the bell bug, so you can properly time the d bug coming down when they get hit by whatever.

Good day. I'm new to Arakune and was wondering, what advantage is there to hjc instead of a regular j.c? (ex, (JB) > 5A*1~2 > 6B > (HJC) > J6D )

Sorry for the n00b question...

In that particular context, there is not advantage, but in some dive loops, it's necessary to get that extra height fast.

If you follow the notations listed in the combo guide, you should have no problem.

Check the JP Ara wiki, it has every loop for every character except console characters, albeit only on close range FC2C's though. For farther ranges, if 6A or 5D won't connect then just use the FC5C combo for the specific character. Kou and Zeero have tutorial videos for every character for almost every situational hit also, so check those out too.

Hello sir. Where is this jp wiki you speak off and the vids from kousaka and zeero?! Tried looking for them but no luck. And maybe im crazy but I've tried doing the dive cancel loop and noticed other carachters just take more jabs once you jump cancel might be just me? I usually start it from 5c as well ;/

Question please. How exactly do you 'bait' an Inferno Divider when they're cursed? I try faking doing attacks, but it must seem so obvious, as they only do the DP when I actually attack. Any tips or movements that make good DP bait?

I'd try to watch videos of Inferno Divider baits, but almost all the Arakune Vs Ragna vids are of either Arakune losing or the Ragna never does DP. Obviously because the Arakune will bait it, but that doesn't exactly help me in finding out how to.

I think 214C is a good bait. if the Ragna DP only when you begin to attack, 3A 214C blabla is very cool. a throw can be useful also.

nubai: The JP wiki section with 2C combos is here: 2C FC combos. As for 5CFC because of distance sometimes it may not even be possible but you will generally need to adjust with a superjump or normaljump, extra JA's, or use a B dive on the first rep.

DP bait: yeah abyss is right, crossup setups in general will be your DP bait.. and like you said it tends to get obvious if your always doing 3a>214C.. so you have to mix it up alittle such as...3b(6a)>214C, 6a>214c, and some 3c variations like 3b(6a5d)>3c which tends to be your corner bait option.

ragna: yeah ragna's a hard matchup.. in general you want to be in situations where they dont' get up into 3a>3a pressure after going into curse. You want to go straight into a blocked D bug high/low gimmick after a JA>JC>JD or corner 5a>6b>j6d