Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yahiko

[CS1] Arakune Question and Answer Thread

If you got xbl I'd be glad to help if you ping back 3 or better.

On the topic of 214C crossups, use 3A > 214[C] > 6A bug > 5C bug > 4A bug > 4D bug as the standard combo. Why America still doesn't use this easy upgraded variation is beyond me. It's better than the 5C bug > 5D bug combo in every way, allowing you to do jC mixups up to two times if neccessary on block, or any other high/low mixup of course.

And for fighting against characters with DPs, start a blockstring with an A or C bug, then mixup if close or do j2A > A bug > mixup if far away. All hit confirmable into combo of course.

If you got xbl I'd be glad to help if you ping back 3 or better.

I added you a few days ago but you haven't gotten on yet I guess?! Pnuz colada is my gt.

I don't think I ping back 3 im living wit my cousin ill get better internet when I move to a house and ill pay for better internet. Do you think you can help me with some of the combos anyways? I duno what im doing wrong with the dive cancel loop on dif charachters. I don't understand that jap wiki, and most of the stuff I know I've learned from playing and people teach me stuff

I added you a few days ago but you haven't gotten on yet I guess?! Pnuz colada is my gt.

I don't get on xbl often. Expect me tomorrow.

I don't get on xbl often. Expect me tomorrow.

Damn it! Is there something you do get on often?! I duno what time you'll be on and I can't be on 24/7 waiting for you ;(

What in game training setting do you guys use to practice set ups into loops and arakunes curse block strings that lead into loop (like the j5c one)? For the block strings I tried having the training dummy set to "block everything" but I didn't know that it would follow my mix up as well...... "block random" doesn't work too well either....

You probably want to record inputs then.

I'm not sure if you can record something for both characters though. D:

I get a human to be the dummy.

when you get record standby start the dummy in 1, then as it records stay on 1 for at least (2) 3a's then move the dummy to 4(walking back) so they can block the 6a then go back to 1(crouch block) so since most times an opponent expects a low.

This is what i use and it works great as a translator on how to pressure and then mix-up up people.

What are the non-wheel/dive loops for curse mode? i.e the ones with just bugs and arakune being far? I feel this will be a bit more needed for CS2 and I like having burst insurance.

What are the non-wheel/dive loops for curse mode? i.e the ones with just bugs and arakune being far? I feel this will be a bit more needed for CS2 and I like having burst insurance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz0iN7x7xL4#t=11m50s

6c loop is still in CS though.

Skye kuuuun!

Question... on the lambda dive cancel loop do I have to start it from 2c? I do it on five 5 sometimes but it works randomly. Also I have to do 8a, 5c once I hit 2cfc? Ove been trying it but its not coming out! Don't know what im doing wrong

On lambda, if 2C crosses through and you change sides.. then the combo is 5a>jc8>jA>Jc> A dive etc.. if your end up far/in front walk up as much as you can then 5a them at head level... 5a>hjc9>jA>jB>jC>B dive> etc

these 2-3 cases apply for 2c FC litchi, ragna, noel, lambda, mu, valk

Pretty sure corner one is just.

3]AB[ > 3]C[ > 3]D[

On lambda, if 2C crosses through and you change sides.. then the combo is 5a>jc8>jA>Jc> A dive etc.. if your end up far/in front walk up as much as you can then 5a them at head level... 5a>hjc9>jA>jB>jC>B dive> etc

these 2-3 cases apply for 2c FC litchi, ragna, noel, lambda, mu, valk

Hmm I tried them both? God damn it! Ok I will try them again. The timing for canceling the dices is the same right? And what do you mean head level? And on the video for 2fc they do 8c I think I saw zong one type something like that too!

What about fc on 5c?

Ill try them out as soon as I get home

Yeah on 2C for those characters, you do 5A and jump straight up for j.A instead of jumping forward.

Also, on FCH 5C, you're probably not going to get 100%, more like 70%.

Ragna and Litchi are both easy 100% on 5C though.

yeah the one in the vids were made when I wasn't aware of all the cases yet... so on some chars they only show a very special case because at the time i just wanted at least one working combo...

that lambda vid is showing the case where your close enough to them to do jc8 but you didn't make it through.. it's a pretty rare case.. in general there's three major cases.. 2c far, 2c front, 2c crossed sides/super close in front/underneath weird side change issue.. i think i actually know and compiled enough 2c combo notes to write my 2c fc guide... 5c fc still might be some ways although there's also only 3 cases

If I remember correctly, /\-11 is the only 8jc character that has major problems when doing the far variants, only able to get 70% max. Might be wrong though, been ages since I got to play a good /\-11.

Yeah on 2C for those characters, you do 5A and jump straight up for j.A instead of jumping forward.

Also, on FCH 5C, you're probably not going to get 100%, more like 70%.

Ragna and Litchi are both easy 100% on 5C though.

Damn it! You say something, kou another!

Yea ill just mess around with both then and see which one works best

Thanks guys!

um, if you guys are referring to the combos on my channel, they're way outdated and only covers the case where your get 2C FC and Arakune ends up behind the guy.

You can see this effect by going into training mode, setting on CH, and doing 2C from really close, you'll notice arakune ends up crawling to the other side. Step back a few steps, and do 2C, you'll notice arakune ending up on the same side.

The combos are actually different in each case (like... really different) due to spacing, kou & I have pretty much found 1 combo for each case on all characters (except the odd few) which are 100% curse.

so yea...

If he does, then he changed his name and got a playstyle makeover.