Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yahiko

[CS1] Arakune Question and Answer Thread

um, if you guys are referring to the combos on my channel, they're way outdated and only covers the case where your get 2C FC and Arakune ends up behind the guy.

You can see this effect by going into training mode, setting on CH, and doing 2C from really close, you'll notice arakune ends up crawling to the other side. Step back a few steps, and do 2C, you'll notice arakune ending up on the same side.

The combos are actually different in each case (like... really different) due to spacing, kou & I have pretty much found 1 combo for each case on all characters (except the odd few) which are 100% curse.

so yea...

I can't walk forward or back! There's no time! Damn it! I need to get a ps3 so u can show me or put up new vids? Or maybe zong knows how?! Ill see ya onliine zong ;)

And who is eki chanski?

I'm not sure of your exact question anymore, lol.

What was it?

Eki chan is a gdlk zappa player.

He also was a free Arakune in A-cho.

Yeah, he was pretty bad imo.

But I thought he was just getting started...

If he's been playing from CT, then I don't know what to say, lol.

EDIT- bad in comparison to souji.

He's not terrible though.

Surprised you're just now noticing him.

I'm not sure of your exact question anymore, lol.

What was it?

Eki chan is a gdlk zappa player.

Thank you sir! Ill be seeing you tonight on xbl!

Zong1 kun, sky kun, kousaka kun! Need help damn it! I found out how to do the 2c fc from far but from close I tried something and its not working. I do 2c fc sj9, a,b,c, 2b dive cancel sj9, a,a,c , 2a but I can't cancel on that dive. It was coming put sometimes so I duno if its because its not stable or my timing is wrong?! Os is there a better wey?!

Try a normal jump on the second rep.

Try a normal jump on the second rep.

Omgodski! So superjumpping and normal jumping also matters! I luv this game but there's so much shit to learn! I also like that because alot of people don't use arakune since ct cuz they think it takes too much work! So now you actually need skill ;).

And it makes me happy to learn new stuff!

Now when you say to normal jump you mean on the close fatal counter? And after I've done the first dive cancel with a,b,c then for the next rep I do normal jump?! Thx skykun! Will try it out anyways and ill come back later to check this thread

Oh nvm I read it, second rep thanx ill try it out ;)

God damn it im tryin it but not working! Since little things like super jumping or normal jumping seem to matter I should mention im doing it extremely close and I end up on the other side.... im guessing this might matter?! This is pissing me off! Practicing for hours and duno wtf im doing wrong!

God damn it I feel like proffesor kune! And what I found out that on all this combos normal jumping works the best. So from close 2c fc standing a,a, normal jump8, a,c,2a dive cancel 5d, normal jjump 9, sj 9,a,c,d. Also this works for far also just super jump after secoond rep and do c, d. Guess I hadn't noticed cuz I see my vids on a fone. There's also some sj ones but they don't work as well so don't know if they are unstable or just harder to pull off

Yea for the high jump you have to grab em then do 6,6 jc and 2a or maybe the dive depends on the carachter?

I feel like I must coontribute all the 100% 2cfc far and close combos that work on the carachters! Maybe I will.

Sku kun or anyone else! Why wont normal jumping on bang work for the dive loop? Even on the challenge it says supa jump!

2C and 5C creates two different scenarios for dive loops.

So if you're doing the 2C starter but 5C methods, it more than likely won't work.

Yea for the high jump you have to grab em then do 6,6 jc and 2a or maybe the dive depends on the carachter?

I feel like I must coontribute all the 100% 2cfc far and close combos that work on the carachters! Maybe I will.

Sku kun or anyone else! Why wont normal jumping on bang work for the dive loop? Even on the challenge it says supa jump!

You have to super jump into j.5a, j.5a j.5c on bang period. When Arakune does 5d while bang is in the air his body is pushed forward making just one rep of j.5a not work. That should solve your problems.

High air grab combo requires a delayed 6,6 j.5c into j.2b (dive cancel with 2a) 5d then character specific dive loop from there.

Hmm ok I will try that high jump. I can do the loop oon bang, its the easiest one I was just wondering why iit wont work if you don't supper jump and on the other carachter loops you can't super jump. Technically im guessing it has to do with frames and stuff but im not good at all that frame crap.

One mo question. What comman do I try for close 2cfc on taokaka? Been trying a bunch of dif shot but I have not been able to get a 100% stable one on taoshit from close

There is no way to get a close 2c fatal counter the best possible set up is done like so.

2c - 5a-jump cancel-j.5a-j.5a-j.5b(2hits)-j.5c-j.2b-(dive cancel)-5d-super jump cancel-j.5a-j.5c-j.2a(dive cancel)-5d-jump cancel-j.6a-j.6a-j.236C-(recover) Tiger knee a cloud or standard wake-up pressure and try to curse on block since Tao has no reversal besides super . The dive cancel combo gives you 85% curse meter and the set-up after that is up to you.

There is no way to get a close 2c fatal counter the best possible set up is done like so.

2c - 5a-jump cancel-j.5a-j.5a-j.5b(2hits)-j.5c-j.2b-(dive cancel)-5d-super jump cancel-j.5a-j.5c-j.2a(dive cancel)-5d-jump cancel-j.6a-j.6a-j.236C-(recover) Tiger knee a cloud or standard wake-up pressure and try to curse on block since Tao has no reversal besides super . The dive cancel combo gives you 85% curse meter and the set-up after that is up to you.

That's some gay ass shit daw! Wtf! Ok I will try that sire thanx ill let ya know hpw dis works out

Pay close attention to where each jc is so you don't get mixed up with jC. Tao close FC2C combo is FC2C > 5A > jc > jA > jc > jC > j2B > 5D > hjc > jA > jC > j2A > 5D > hjc > jA > jC > jD.

Edit: Need to clarify, by close I mean using 2C right next to her to cross under her. This is also a more stable and higher damaging variation than the older combo.

here's combos for tao:

Taokaka

close 2Cfc>5A>jc>JA>JA>JC>A dive>dive cancel>5D>hjc>JA>JC>A dive>dive cancel>5D>hjc>JA>JC>JD (100%)

*for the close case, there's a extra weird case.. where if you punish tao's claw super with 2c FC you end up inside her hitbox, you need two JA's to stabilize the combo.. on regular close cases you can do either or

Cross 2Cfc>5A>jc>jA>jA>jB>jC>j2B>dc5D>hjc>jA>jC>j2A>dc5d>hjc>delay jA>jC>jD (100%)

far/close5Cfc>JA>JC>A dive>5d>JA>JA>JB>JC>B dive>5d>HJC>JA>JC>JD