Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yahiko

[CS1] Arakune Question and Answer Thread

How does the re-curse limitation work? Like if a combo that would normally produce 100% is used while in an already-cursed combo, will it stop at at 99% or something?

You talk after a combo during a curse? The limitation is 50% gauge. That's why we're doing a cloud instead of hitting with other D moves, because before he wake-up the curse cannot go higher.

Thanks. And also, is there some kind of glitch with Arakune's challenge #4 (j.a -> j.6a -> jc -> j.a -> j.b -> j.c -> j.d)? Whenever I try j.a -> j.6a, it keeps registering as two j.a's :/ Is there a certain way or time am I suppose to go from the j.a to the j.6a?

And for challenge #09, what is the purpose of the j.2a -> j.2b [input before landing]? (FC5c -> jc -> j.a -> j.c -> j.2a -> j.2b -> 5d)

there's no trick to jA>j6a, just do it as fast as possible.. your probably not pressing 6 with jA thats all..

as for challenge #9, thats a dive cancel.. the j2a after it hits is cancelled to j2b which is then cancelled by the landing recovery allowing you to do a 5D otherwise you can't.. see FAQ for more info on dive cancel

They became unstable because of dive's repeat move proration, which is probably why they aren't seen as much.

you can still get 100% since you can combo dive cancel loops directly into j236236D from jC after the first rep

does anyone know if Arakune's distortions do different damage in cs2? buffed? nerfed? same?

(just asking about damage. i already know that the air distortion gives 100% curse.)

you can still get 100% since you can combo dive cancel loops directly into j236236D from jC after the first rep

You gots a point. But o well. It'll just take/ ore work to win with arakune which is fine by me

Okay...... I give up..... Can someone please explain to me why everyone thinks Arakune is god tier in CS2? Arakune actually seems a little worse to me and the only really nice additions I see are his combos into super for recurse and some of his new gatlings. But is this really enough to make him seem insanely overpowered to people?

i think people just overreacted a bit to the changes to the pit super but not knowing the changes his curse game.. he's already gone down a few tiers in the most recent tier list.. see cs2 thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArMKbVoBLEI&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

I'm so confused by what Whiteboywilly was doing. I understand that it seems he was going for the guard break, but why did he keep doing 6C->5C->2C revolver on block? Only the first one takes away a primer. The extra two attacks just seem to waste curse time. Wouldn't it of made more sense to do something like 6C, then 2C, then back to 6C while using bugs as cover? Is there a reason for doing that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArMKbVoBLEI&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

I'm so confused by what Whiteboywilly was doing. I understand that it seems he was going for the guard break, but why did he keep doing 6C->5C->2C revolver on block? Only the first one takes away a primer. The extra two attacks just seem to waste curse time. Wouldn't it of made more sense to do something like 6C, then 2C, then back to 6C while using bugs as cover? Is there a reason for doing that?

Simple answer, bad pressure.

EDIT: 2c?....... Typo I assume?

I don't remember who said it, but someone like Kousaka or Skye said that the most effective way to break guard is 6C, 6Abug, 2C, 5Bbug.

You gotta be careful with that though, VERY careful.

I've always been a fan of j.c personnaly, makes for very impressive looking curse combos, and the crossup doesn't hurt either <3

I don't remember who said it, but someone like Kousaka or Skye said that the most effective way to break guard is 6C, 6Abug, 2C, 5Bbug.

Just carry them to the corner and do j.C>j.3A>j.3B with C and D bugs in between, thats 4 primers per repetition.

Dives don't link on block, that's 3.

imo the best way to break guard in corner is just d bug down>jC>jC>d bug up> jC> C dive whiff.. or variation of this kind of pressure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=l9oMJeEXz5M#t=15s

mid screen's more complicated but it usually revolves around B teleport to straight jump up jC>jC>C dive whiff.. probably find a vid somewhere.. it's in the most recent combo vid with the jC hit confirm variations

Ah, I suppose it makes sense that J.C is probably the best option. Thanks all.

By the way, I'd say my biggest weakness is my ability to use bugs for lockdown. I can J.C crossups and all that stuff, but actually getting them into a position where I can stop them from moving, move in, attack and then break their guard. All while making sure I don't get hit by DPs which is really hard for me. Because if I fail to bait it, they run away and wastes more time, even more so since I'm terrible at lockdown.

What is the best combination of bugs that covers the biggest amount of space, while as close to the other's active frames as possible? All midscreen? At midrange, it seems like;

5B->5A->5C+D-> Move-In. Does anyone have any ideas? Sorry it's vague. The whole lockdown thing is fairly ineffable. :sweatdrop: