Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yahiko

[CS1] Arakune Question and Answer Thread

A, B and C bugs are all good lock down tools.

For simple pressure, try something standard like 3a > 3ab > 6a > *whatever*.

getting into a position to pressure them depends on how you get into curse.. a few common scenarios:

1)something>5a>6b>j6d into curse

-follow with j6a(AB bug>CD bug).. will catch back rolls and put them in block if they neutral tech

2)some combo ending in jC>jD into curse

-while falling do 6c bug 4a bug 5d bug land... going straight into pressure allowing you to go straight for a JC crossup, or a B teleport mixup, etc etc or just get up 3a>3a them

-in corner 6cd bug, 5a bug

3)random cloud

-6ab bug>6cd bug>screen edge teleport 5ab bug> into 3a>3a pressure

-try and have them block them in the air on the way down so they fall into the CD bugs

precurse to curse transition is important because it maximizes your mixup attempts..

That's probably what I'm doing wrong. I'm letting them get away after I curse them...so I can lock them down. It's pretty stupid really. I should be pressuring their wakeup. Thanks Kou and Skye, I'll work on those now. :D

Can somebody please give me the commands for the bug only burst-proof loop for the corner? Also Skye, good game last night. Didn't get to play your Ara, but good game nonetheless.

Can somebody please give me the commands for the bug only burst-proof loop for the corner? Also Skye, good game last night. Didn't get to play your Ara, but good game nonetheless.

Aww shucks, I hate online, it makes me look freer than I actually am.

And to answer your question...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Yz0iN7x7xL4#t=705s

He want the corner anti-burst combo, not the mid-screen. It's 6B/6A bug > 6C/6D bug. Easy to do, just be careful to don't release D too early.

I have three questions if anyone is kind enough to contribute to their answers.

1) What is the best way to mixup and bait a character's ability, such as Tager's 720/360, Ragna's DP, Hakumen's Counters or Bang's Guardpoints during curse?

The problem I have with each...

Tager-: I can't mix him up on the ground because if I fail my mixup or there's even a slight hole in the bugs, I get thrown. 3A->3A especially, since it can be 720d easily.

Ragna-: His DP has massive range. I have massive trouble baiting this out. Plus, they'll sometimes do it while I'm approaching, making getting close hard, yet alone trying to mix him up.

Hakumen-: Similar problem. However, he doesn't suffer from the metagame problem that a dragon punch can be hard to do very quickly. 2D and J.D however are both easy to do on reaction. Not to mention that their catch range is insane. If a Hakumen is jumping up and down, I have difficulty getting him on the ground, because not only can I not attack him, but I cant be anywhere near him incase he counters the bugs.

Bang: More of a problem when I'm trying to lock him down. But isn't so much of a problem once I do. He can use this, guard point the bugs trying to lock him down, and then he can just teleport far away from me. Wasting time.

2) Are there any tricks to baiting a DP on wakeup? Standing by them doesn't really work. Is there a move that will force them to get up, and therefore to DP, while with a short enough recovery so I can block it?

3) If the enemy is trying to rush me down while he's cursed, what the best way to catch him? Is it backdash -> 4AB->4CD?

Thanks. :)

1) For 720, learn your ground pressure and it's holes, stay moving, try air cross ups. For Inferno Divider and Hakumen, you just need to guess right, j.c starters puts Arakune in a good position to avoid these hitting him. Bang's D mashing should never trouble you, most Bangs try 2d, hit low.

2)The best way to bait DPs is to be aggressive on people's get up, but block at the last minute, or get out of dodge to make it whiff, Arakune is good at this due to his backdash.

3)Buffer bugs early and block, learn to tech green grabs as a precaution.

Anything that doesn't have long recovery, so you can stop in time to avoid the reversal.

1) For 720, learn your ground pressure and it's holes, stay moving, try air cross ups.

Except that's my problem. How can I mix him up when a) All of Arakune's normals can be IB 360d. b) He can deal with J.C crossup by doing 2C and c) i'm moving? I can't even do 3A, 3A cause he spams 5A at every oppotunity.

Plus. I dont see how 2D shouldnt be causing me trouble when all of Arakune's lows suck and it can teleport him anywhere in a direction.

If the Tager is mashing then use bug only loop variations there are more air cross ups than just cross up j.c, likewise bugs should keep Tager in blockstun , his 2C should never even come out. Also when you learn the holes in your pressure you know when to get out of dodge of a 720.

Finally, you probably don't understand the concept of using lows vs Bang's 2d, Bang's 2d does not autoguard low attribute attacks.

Put 2 and 2 together.

If you see Bang try 2d, 2c his ass for game, FC Max health loop.

Are you talking about curse or non curse? Shouldn't Arakunes be zoning and pressuring with J.B only until they get curse?

Dunno why you're trying to play a zoning character as rushdown against a grappler.

I mean it's like Lambda trying to rushdown tager.

He's talking about in curse.

Are you talking about curse or non curse? Shouldn't Arakunes be zoning and pressuring with J.B only until they get curse?

Dunno why you're trying to play a zoning character as rushdown against a grappler.

I mean it's like Lambda trying to rushdown tager.

Except three differences.

1) Lambda's zoning is infinitely stronger and does have mixup, along with breaking primers. Arakune's bugs have no mixup and no primer break on the ground.

2) Lambda can punish sledges on reaction with 236C. Arakune's 2C requires spacing.

3) j.B can be easily 2C'd out of. Even if it trades, it doesn't matter, because Tager can continue the combo.

Ragna DP:

There isn't much you can do about Ragna DP. You can try baiting it on wakeup with C teleports, forward/back dashes but most good Ragna's won't do it on wakeup. They'll wait until you go for 3a>3a pressure to do it and DP in between. You can mix this with 3b(6a tap)>3a to bait this as you can block after 3b. B teleport setups are usually your best option if done right as they will have to react and DP the other side.

Tager IB>720:

Yeah during curse it's dangerous to recklessly pressure them with 3a>3a as you can get mashed out here. Don't get predictable and use it sparingly. Ideally you want to have them just blocking bugs in the corner and just react to how they're blocking and go for jC/low. They'll usually rather block high then low because it's more rewarding, once they do that you can mix in 2c's but it's dangerous on block even on curse so have meter on hand if possible. Mix in 236B invis in corner.

Tager 2C:

Yeah 2C/5a/2a will poke you out of a lot of IAD pressure things with j6a and iad jBs if they do it early enough. Outside of curse you need to mix in iad back>land 2d/jump away cloud/risky jD but in general keep distance or poke at them cautiously until curse. Once in curse 2C will be too slow to interrupt any JC setups if done properly.

Bang 2D:

This is a nightmare for most Arakunes. You must hit them low to condition them to not spam them. Start pressure with 2a, never just throw a 6a at them. They will tend to use it when you 2D them with spit to go in front of you and hit you. Use it as anti air to JB hoping you don't have a double jump to cancel. To punish Arakune from spamming 6a>5D by 2d'ing on reaction. You need to space your own 2D and never fire 2 in a row. Mix JB with land>throw or jC whiff cancels. Mix 6a>2b in but in general use 6a sparingly against bang.

Bang's 2d should be noticeable enough for you to 2b on reaction if you do 6a, do it right and you can go into 2b > 2a > 5b > 5d.

You can mix this with 3b(6a tap)>3a to bait this as you can block after 3b.

I'm a little confused about what you mean about by this. At first I thought you meant do 3A->3B -> Block...but it seems more complicated.

But still, thanks for the help Kou and Skye. I appriciate it.

It's basically the same as 2a>2a>6a bug, except it's 2b>2a>6a bug and to do it you need to press 3ba>3a to get the 6a bug. Starting with 2b is different because it has frame advantage on block so if they DP between the hits it should allow you to block on reaction. The issue with 2b is it has short range so you can't do it unless your close enough plus opponents can barrier block you out of range for a second one.

3ba can be used interchangeably with the first hit of 3a>3a mixup. ie. 3ba>214C

Hey, I have two more questions that needs answering please.

1) What a decent fakeout crossup during curse that works both ways? (Regardless of wherever I do fakeout or I actually dash forward). It's the only thing I haven't got the hang of during curse yet.

2) How do I do Copper's High Airthow Dive Cancel Combo?