Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yahiko

[CS1] Arakune Question and Answer Thread

If you opponent is chicken blocking, if you can get to them, go for primers.

I find that, rather than primers, going for horizontal crossups works much better. Going for primers takes too long and isn't as efficient. Like, lock them down with bugs -> jC crossup/non-crossup -> combo/pressure.

Also, what moves don't cancel into what C moves for Arakune? I need to work on my C bug buffering, and as a pad player, these not-cancels are my lifeline.

If chipping primers take too long, unless you're facing Tager, you're doing something wrong. Cross ups tend not to work on chicken blockers.

If I know I have them, then I use 2C, it catches jump outs with strict timing.

Cross ups tend not to work on chicken blockers.

If I know I have them, then I use 2C, it catches jump outs with strict timing.

That won't work if they have half a brain. Really. What's the thought process there? HE'S NEXT TO ME WITH CURSE AND I'M JUMPING AND NOT GOING TO BARRIER WOOOOOOOOO.

Furthermore, barrier is the reason why I don't go for breaking primers. It makes to it too unreliable.

I haven't really been having a problem with crossups. Once you get close enough sjC works. But really, you just want to get close enough to tag them with 6A. Which is very doable. Then you're good. Cause you can do 6A [5D] -> mixup -> loop.

Or you can do bird crossups. Those are the ones that I find unreliable on chicken blockers though.

Now now, let's not get into theory fighter. Interesting thing about chicken blocking is that it's an autopilot technique, people don't really think about blocking low when their intent is jumping away.

And even if they do block it, 2C is entirely safe, still keeping them locked down for mix ups.

It's a win win.

The second part of your post? That is a good thing, I did not consider it, and that's actually pretty cool, however:

Now now, let's not get into theory fighter. Interesting thing about chicken blocking is that it's an autopilot technique, people don't really think about blocking low when their intent is jumping away

You should be aware that "Theory Fighter" does not mean "Anything that does not conform to my limited experience." The idea that someone will barrier when your close to them and they're jumping away isn't really far fetched. It just assumes they have a certain level of basic competence. It's not like saying "That Ragna's gonna nail that combo with the three 1 frame links that does 9K everytime he hits me."

Also, with you not being able to cover with D bug off 44teleport.

You can buffer A and B bug while coming through the wall animation for added lockdown.

I see after souji gets a 5a-6b into curse he then does 2D. I do the same as well with a 6b bug as well for extra hold up.

Practice the manual input, and gradually speed up.

The secret is really just doing the 9~66 really fast. 7~66 and 8~66 are easier, so start with those.

You can feel the difference since Arakune's floatiness and his 3f jump.

I'm having a really infuriating problem. Whenever I do an action in the air and block during my decent, when I touch the ground, there's a second where it just will not block. And I keep getting punished by fast characters. Any solution to this? It's really annoying

I'm having a really infuriating problem. Whenever I do an action in the air and block during my decent, when I touch the ground, there's a second where it just will not block. And I keep getting punished by fast characters. Any solution to this? It's really annoying

It's called tripguard. It has existed since SF2. :v:

No, that's just Arakune normal landing animation, where he splashes.

It pisses me off too, to it's credit you can cancel the animation with an attack.

you could try JC cancels to land alittle quicker..

JD there's nothing you can do to safen it up a bit except to do it low to the ground in the form of iad back jD or while falling really low j6d's..

for cloud superjump>double jump> cloud>air dash forward or back + barrier cancel so that you can adjust where you land a bit

More of a general question, but how much would it be worth to get a stick if I'm fully comfortable with playing Arakune on a PS3 pad?

Sticks are in general more capable, but the learning curse is pretty steep, as well as prices to compare.

I would recommend it, but if you're comfortable and have no plans on going to any arcades...

Because the pun was apparently lost on them, and I'm glad it was.

Is there anything better to do when both me and the opponent are in the air and you catch them with j4b / jb? In all ranges, or is there better options than jb

Depends, on hit or block? In the air or close to the ground?

Let it hit 2 or 3 more times, then j.c > j.d

But that's hit confirm heavy.