Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

purify

NeoGeo Battle Coliseum

The timing is the thing. Depending on what height you hit your opponent with dp+A you could either 1 or 2 or 3. Pretty much you want to hit them at the point in which they fly off the screen so Kyo can recover fast enough to do 2 more.

Justin Wong with Big/Kim. I wonder how people will refuse to even try to compete without a Kim or a Big or Big/Kim as their team?

I could have won if I had rolled/guard canceled better. It's not impossible, he makes mistakes...but not many. And he blocks EVERYTHING.

zerokage, you mean qcbC > level 2 life steal? I never do that, lol.

I take that back. It's quite useful and I have no idea why I never realized it until recently...except I mean SC to level 1 and not 2, though that has its merit as well shrug

Justin Wong is immune to your petty gimmicks. Justin Wong does BIG C uppercut into fever on block. How awesome is that?

I just saw this thread. My characters are Yuki and Iori or Yuki and K'. Every now and then if im bored i play with Yuki and Ai...so i can do the double attack. Atomic guy is the shit :yaaay: ... so is looking at Ai holding a huge Gun. ;) And...i believe i read that someone said that Yuki is a bad character and only can do damage with charged moves....THATS SO NOT TRUE! Yuki is one of the best pressure characters on the game, and charging is really easy when ur oponnent is on the ground. :eng101:

You mean Yuki's charged Beast Buster? Which most of the cast can duck under thus eliminating the chance for blockstun? Which allows them to move right after ducking Beast Buster? Which in turn means Yuki has to charge AGAIN? Meaning leaving himself open? :8/:

Charging is easy when your opponent is on the ground? Like how Iori/Kaede/Robert/Marco/Terry/Rock/Geese can do ground/low level projectiles that go UNDER Beast Buster which leads to Yuki getting pressured? In turn results in A) Yuki blocking or B) Yuki charging and risking gettin hit and allowing his opponent to get in?:psyduck:

Yuki can do damage without charging? Of course. Significant damage however, is something else all together...

Yuki isn't as simple as you may believe. Even if you charge using a move puts you back at square one. Doing a charged BB even if it whiffs and you have enough time to charge and do another each gap you present people will take advantage of it. Meaning less and less time to charge. And his guard break string is usless too... unless you don't know how to beat it.

EDIT: Here's a match:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPFtBnP6Vr4

Yuki wins but what do notice you when he's fighting Iori? Now imagine if that was Marco who has even better pressure...

Also note how Kaede can run after his projectile.

Yuki is a fun character no doubt but to say he's great at pressuring is a little much.

You mean Yuki's charged Beast Buster? Which most of the cast can duck under thus eliminating the chance for blockstun? Which allows them to move right after ducking Beast Buster? Which in turn means Yuki has to charge AGAIN? Meaning leaving himself open? :8/:

Charging is easy when your opponent is on the ground? Like how Iori/Kaede/Robert/Marco/Terry/Rock/Geese can do ground/low level projectiles that go UNDER Beast Buster which leads to Yuki getting pressured? In turn results in A) Yuki blocking or B) Yuki charging and risking gettin hit and allowing his opponent to get in?:psyduck:

Yuki can do damage without charging? Of course. Significant damage however, is something else all together...

Yuki isn't as simple as you may believe. Even if you charge using a move puts you back at square one. Doing a charged BB even if it whiffs and you have enough time to charge and do another each gap you present people will take advantage of it. Meaning less and less time to charge. And his guard break string is usless too... unless you don't know how to beat it.

EDIT: Here's a match:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPFtBnP6Vr4

Yuki wins but what do notice you when he's fighting Iori? Now imagine if that was Marco who has even better pressure...

Also note how Kaede can run after his projectile.

Yuki is a fun character no doubt but to say he's great at pressuring is a little much.

I mean when u do backstep and then right after u dash with his riding hero (cause when you do a backstep it counts as you being above the ground) to end it with the lightning fist...thats great/fast pressure. (just like in the vid)

That an a triple projectile.

I believe is more than enough to give a harsh time to other characters.

I dunno...i guess is it depends on who you play against...maybe the people i play against are not that good at the game...

Either way, for me Yuki rules in many ways. :yaaay:

ooooooh! look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dAVn1jyI-I&feature=related

Can someone hook me up with some Shiki and Asura combos and strategies? Those two are the only characters I really like; even if they are pretty crap. I can't find any worthwhile match videos featuring either character. So I would appreciate some of those aswell. P.S Asura's projectiles are pretty damn good, but I'm tired of playing him like Robin Hood.

The only person that could help you out with Shiki would be Purify. Asura.. well I don't think anyone ever played him in NGBC.

Can someone hook me up with some Shiki and Asura combos and strategies?

Those two are the only characters I really like; even if they are pretty crap.

I can't find any worthwhile match videos featuring either character.

So I would appreciate some of those aswell.

P.S Asura's projectiles are pretty damn good, but I'm tired of playing him like Robin Hood.

Shiki isn't crap she's actually pretty decent but Purify will elaborate on her details.

For Asura... he's just too slow for the pace of NGBC (wtf SS speed) despite the fact he can actually do damage out of some hits. Poke with 5A, 2A or 2B. 2B hit confirms to 1C B spike to get them out of your face for robinhood goodness. When close I'd recommend using D since it pops out fast and links to 4D, 6D which doesn't knockdown but at least opens abit of gap to get away. Abuse his jumping C since it covers a wide range, quite fast and might get you a Close B, 5B, 2B, 1C, B Spike, 2141236+B (Thanatos the SDM), makes a decent aa too. He can B spike infinite at the corner but lol it's techrollable. Shielding might come in handy but good luck since it's so punishable on whiff. You're still gonna be robin hood all day though for best chances of survival.

God Helter, you're picking the same characters as me though now I'd rather pick Lee instead of Asura. Are the sticks in Troc working fine? The 2P stick back then I played had a spoiled down direction (like it will function 30% of the time you hit down) so its near impossible to capitalize on hits well.

We have a good Asura in NC. His main problem, like with Yuki, is that certain characters destroy him for free. The guy is pretty good at what he was designed to do, though Mizuchi is better and has a similar playstyle. Fun with Asura: far C > AB step > repeat x8/9. Almost full life! I'll break down why Yuki is bad later, lol. Yeah. I've already seen that match vid that was linked back when it was put up. I'm almost done with a faq for Shiki. She's far from crap, but I wouldn't give her better than high mid. For good match videos, well...I'll be on the FRXI dvd when that comes out, but Dark Geese has some older videos of me at NEC doing Shiki stuff. I've learned a lot since then though. There is that match of me vs JeRon where I have full life with both chars halfway through the match :grin: Which brings me to another point: Mudman is LOL edit: and geese is retarded. no, the player

what are the cons with iori, i like him but supposendly he's garbage i dont get much in the way of comp, so what makes me kim/big so beastly--is it solely good pokes and easy/damaging bnbs

Iori garbage? no, he's good in this game. He's not so good in XI, but he's not terrible there either. Not only is Kim's B&B easy and damaging, it gives him enough meter for the next one, his throw crosses you up in the corner, he has an excellent jump-in, a solid reversal, good normals, everything. Big has cr.A, which contributes to his great throw game, and a lariat that anti airs and beats most everything in the game. His cr.D is also really good since it confirms into a lot of options, has a lot of range and hits low. and he has an unblockable super that also does good damage in combos. Main thing is there's nothing really -bad- about them. Kim has perfect offense and Big has perfect defense, you could say.

thanks purify, ive been practicing up just in case ngbc is offered at C3---i see what ur saying about kim/big i seen vids and wondered wats all the humbum about-yes both chars seem strong as fuck but not broke-i think solid game play and a couple of "tricks can get u a W against them----i like kaede/hao/iori/mudman, i read DGs take on these guys what is everyone elses

those are all decent characters. Iori and Mudman would have a hard time against Big, Kaede too really. You have very few ways to safely approach that character and Mudman's dive kick shenanigans just won't work period, which is pretty much what he's best for. I agree that the characters themselves aren't broken per se, the game system itself is suspect. But anyway, Kaede needs a lot of meter to be effective, so pair him with whoever you feel comfortable with to get meter/D. Assaults would be my advice, though getting meter in this game is ridiculously easy (you can pretty much just stand still and it fills up, even after you just did a super). The other three don't necessarily need meter, excepting Iori's super B&B (I think that thing uses two levels, don't remember though). It's been said that Haohmaru can fight Big decently. Haoh/Kaede isn't really a bad idea...you could use them to fight the top tier and then switch to Mudman/Iori for other fights. Lastly, yeah, i'm pretty sure this is going to be at C3. I went to one this past winter and it was pretty nice. Probably won't be going to this one though unfortunately

Reeeeesurrectiooooooon!!!

Just for those who didn't know, this is scheduled for a XBL release early next year in Japan. In preparation for this upcoming release, I've blown the dust off of my PS2 and played most of my old fighters once again.

Mizuchi is fun; he's the only zoning character I've ever enjoyed playing as, actually.

Reeeeesurrectiooooooon!!!

Just for those who didn't know, this is scheduled for a XBL release early next year in Japan. In preparation for this upcoming release, I've blown the dust off of my PS2 and played most of my old fighters once again.

Mizuchi is fun; he's the only zoning character I've ever enjoyed playing as, actually.

Early next year I thought it was this summer?:psyduck:

Oops, I misread the 2010 on Wikipedia as 2011 somehow. :psyduck:

Even better!

Ohh lol I can't wait I've been playing it like crazy the past couple of months on my PS2. I know its going to be like Metal Slug XX and be 1200MSPoints which I think is a little to much.