Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zephyr07

Blazblue: Short Stories and Novel Discussion

You know with the pretty significant BlazBlue following in the west I'm actually surprised there's been no translation for the Phase stuff. Though I guess they didn't do it for GG either so maybe it's an Arcsys thing.

Edit: Talking about official translations not fan stuff.

AFAIK, westerners generally tend not to care about supplementary material, so most localization companies usually ignore stuff like novels and information books.

What will Phase Shift 3 cover?

I would go ape shit if it turned out to be about Rachel and Clavis. There's still a lot that needs explained about her, her family, and her role in all this.

Looks like Phase Shift 3 will explain more about Trinity's "betrayal", in Hazama's words. It will likely explain that she freed Terumi from his mind control either because of coercion or because deep down she still had feelings for Kazuma even though he no longer exists, and that leads to Nine's death.

Looks like Phase Shift 3 will explain more about Trinity's "betrayal", in Hazama's words. It will likely explain that she freed Terumi from his mind control either because of coercion or because deep down she still had feelings for Kazuma even though he no longer exists, and that leads to Nine's death.

LOL, I read both the Fujimi Shobo and Web Kadokawa summaries. No, Phase Shift 3 is not about that. It's about the conclusion of the Dark War and apparently starts at exactly the point that Phase Shift 2 left off at.

I can't say much about how Trinity really feels for Kazuma. It could be because lol bad writing. Despite how much of a fangirl I am for Kazu/Trinity, I still think that Trinity just seemed intrigued because Kazuma was unique. Kazuma doesn't talk to people, he doesn't do much, lieks eggs and Kazuma seemed to open up to her as they talked more (not until Terumi came).

In Phase 0, Trinity didn't seem like she was heartbroken or whatever (bad writing?) so it's pretty inconsistent when it came to Phase Shift 1 when Trinity kept on fawning over Kazuma. And talked to zephyr about.

YESS MORE TERUMIIII

Well Hazama said that Trinity took pity on him, now whether that was because she had hopes of being with Kazuma (possibly Hazama could have lied and said she could be with him if he helped or, or he could have been acting like Kazuma and begged her to help him since he mocked her by imitating Kazuma in Extend) or whether it was simply because she's too nice for her own good remains to be seen.

Don't know if that's already been asked but is there any information about the short story from Continuum Shift Material Collection, "Trigger Shift"? I've found normal scans just today and found this thing.

Me and Zephyr just read the first chap for this.

age_premium_05.jpg

BEST PLOT EVER OMG

Blue-haired girl is Mai Natsume who studies in the academy with Noel, Tsubaki and Makoto. There's tons of boobs. And dat last panel.

Mai x Jin is the way to go for this.

Snip

If I'm reading that correctly, does "Remix Heart" entail some kinda of side-story? So what is this exactly? Is it canon? Judging from your description it's kinda ecchi?

Me and Zephyr just read the first chap for this.

BEST PLOT EVER OMG

Blue-haired girl is Mai Natsume who studies in the academy with Noel, Tsubaki and Makoto. There's tons of boobs. And dat last panel.

Mai x Jin is the way to go for this.

Is the manga online free like BB Chimelical Complex?

Is the manga online free like BB Chimelical Complex?

AFAIK you have to buy it through a site called BOOK☆WALKER.

Don't know if that's already been asked but is there any information about the short story from Continuum Shift Material Collection, "Trigger Shift"? I've found normal scans just today and found this thing.

From the Settings Material Collection thread:

I have read Trigger Shift short stories from BBCS Material Collection (thank you SolarMisae for the scan). I don't find much information inside, unlike the first book. It's pretty impressive they can write so much with so little content.

The story is set right after BBCT true end.

- Rachel went back to her mansion to visit her late dad's room underground (that's the only place she couldn't teleport to). That room used to seal something, but it's not explained what or why. Rachel wondered if she was doing the right thing and why did her dad gave birth to her.

Note: the term used is really "gave birth", which is weird. I suppose Rachel was a product of asexual reproduction.

- Destruction of Kagutsuchi's NOL branch was blamed to bombing terrorist attack by Ragna. At the same time various places in Kagutsuchi were also suffering from bombing attack, allegedly by Ragna. The Tsukuyomi seal that Rachel used in BBCT true end was thought to be Ragna's magic. Litchi was busy taking care of civilian casualties from the "bombs". Tao was helping her transporting medicinal supplies. Bang's subordinates were helping her transporting patients in and out of the clinic. Tager brought a critically injured Bang and left him outside. Bang's subordinates brought him into the clinic (while crying because they thought he's not going to make it). Litchi slapped him lightly to wake him up. Bang thought that he's in heaven because (1) it was not a dream, and (2) there's no other way that he woke up with Litchi in front of him IRL. Litchi went "tsukkomi" mode and reflexively slapped him and he passed out again. People were relieved that Bang was still lively. Litchi took mental notes to question Bang about what happened in NOL branch, because she didn't believe the terrorist cover story. While Bang subordinates took Bang into treatment room, Litchi found out that a red giant brought Bang in, so she rushed out to talk to Tager but Tager had left.

Note: I believe that all the "bombs" in the city is because Tsukuyomi could not perfectly protect the city nor the NOL branch.

- Outside of Litchi's clinic, Tager was impressed with how lively Bang was despite his injuries. He left and reported to Kokonoe. Kokonoe told him that Haku was back under her custody and for Tager to ignore Arakune and get back.

- Meanwhile, Arakune was still loitering around, but he started to remember Litchi.

- Jin wanted to go to the basement, where Ragna went (to meet Nu), but the wall collapsed en route there, so he decided to leave the building and collapsed. 3 NOL officers picked him up.

- The NOL officers that picked Jin up reported to Hazama, who went back to the airship heading to 3rd hierarchical city Iwasu. He told the officers to take Jin to the 5th ship and that the ship should stand by. He ordered tea and boiled eggs from his attendant and while his attendant was gone, he called Relius to report that Noel had inherited the Azure. Relius was interested in how a failure like her could do it and wanted to see her in person and did a couple of tests. Hazama told him to go to Iwasu and meet him there. He also called Tsubaki and told her to meet him in Iwasu.

Note: He reported to Relius but surprisingly not to Saya. Presumably Saya was still not awoken yet or maybe she's in Iwasu.

- Carl was sleeping on Ada's lap in some alley.

- Ragna dug himself and Noel out of NOL branch basement. He was pissed at Rachel for not teleporting them out when the basement collapsed and irritated at Noel's clumsiness. Noel followed him outside (tripping on her butt) and was shocked that he called her "slowpoke".

Other than a new timeline, there's not much new info in the book. When I browse the book I find a lot of copy paste from the first book. I'll take a crack on the timeline when I can put my DS down.

You can read it for free. eue Dunno if ever me and Zephyr are going to work on it as it's way too much for us to handle.

http://seiga.nicovideo.jp/watch/bk1823#playing

It's only the first few pages and it's so weird.

Starts with Mai meeting up with the girls, do some magic stuff but Mai gets cut off with it when it gets to her turn. Then they go to a pajama party. And then Mai reveals the sad truth. The truth that he is

male without man-parts

and is keeping it as a secret. YEP THAT'S BLAZBLUE RIGHT THERE.

The truth that he is

male without man-parts

Spoiler tag is useless if you say that...

Well, can't read japanese but THAT is a twist.

The truth that he is

male without man-parts

LOL between this, the fragmented phase shift info, and the warped story line I have no idea what's going on--fuckin BB man

Yeah, he was seen naked and the other girls didn't complain. He still acts like a dude like he accidentally went to the guy's area first but was then called back by Noel and the others. Like butt-naked and nope, no male parts. That and the boobs are real. I'm so confused.