Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zephyr07

Blazblue: Short Stories and Novel Discussion

no doubt Relius up to something  normally he would capture them both but he let them go my main concern is wat is Kīro Hikagami and why she so infatuated with Naoto

Spinner called her a ''stupid puppet'' not to mention she looks too much like ES if so would mean that someone is continuing Sōichirō Unomaru Manifest Boundary Contact Prime Fields project

hell i wouldnt be surprise if Relius and Spinner are working together in secret

Man, Valk sounds like he really hates immortals, the way you describe that scene, Zedar o.o 

Really hope the new parts elaborate on Valk and Relius, not really interested in Raquel and Naoto for the moment (that shadow thing sounds too much like Bakemonogatari lol).

Man, Valk sounds like he really hates immortals, the way you describe that scene, Zedar o.o 

Really hope the new parts elaborate on Valk and Relius, not really interested in Raquel and Naoto for the moment (that shadow thing sounds too much like Bakemonogatari lol).

Valkenhayn surely had problems with his temperament in his twenties. He was reckless, don't think far enough and had really bad manners. He mostly went around clicking his tongue.

At least I begin to understand his mood swings in the games, why one moment he is very gentlemanish and in the next he acts almost like a thug.

I wonder how did Clavis make Valkenhayn into the man he is in Blazblue...

Valkenhayn sounds a lot like Ragna, I guess this explains his disdain for the guy, he's almost a mirror image of his younger self.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well he did say that Clavis and him were once enemies. I think the next book might shed some light and how that all changed.

Valkenhayn surely had problems with his temperament in his twenties. He was reckless, don't think far enough and had really bad manners. He mostly went around clicking his tongue.

At least I begin to understand his mood swings in the games, why one moment he is very gentlemanish and in the next he acts almost like a thug.

I wonder how did Clavis make Valkenhayn into the man he is in Blazblue...

I was wondering why he looked older here, but now that you mention his temperament problem, I get the impression that his "age" is just him looking more wolf-like and that if he calmed down, he'd look young like he was during the Dark War?

I just assumed that his mood swings were because he was also a wolf, but this makes more sense.

Also, forgot to mention this, but I got the impression that Relius isn't so sadistic in BE as in CSE/CP, what with giving Naoto and Raquel that advice? It's probably too early to say though, I guess.

I can't wait to know the deal with Relius' mask lol. I thought his eyes got messed up when he fell through the cauldron and ended up in the present, but BE to predates that.

Honestly didn't think I'd be so excited for this LN .__.

I was wondering why he looked older here, but now that you mention his temperament problem, I get the impression that his "age" is just him looking more wolf-like and that if he calmed down, he'd look young like he was during the Dark War?

I just assumed that his mood swings were because he was also a wolf, but this makes more sense.

Also, forgot to mention this, but I got the impression that Relius isn't so sadistic in BE as in CSE/CP, what with giving Naoto and Raquel that advice? It's probably too early to say though, I guess.

I can't wait to know the deal with Relius' mask lol. I thought his eyes got messed up when he fell through the cauldron and ended up in the present, but BE to predates that.

Honestly didn't think I'd be so excited for this LN .__.

Not much of their appearance are explained in text. The only interesting things said is that Valkenhayn looked like he was in his early twenties and that Relius was only a couple of years older than Naoto (Naoto is second year high school, so 18-19?).

Valkenhayn in Phaseshift looked older than he looks in BE, at least by the descriptions in the text.

Relius at least treats Naoto as a human and not a thing. He asked Naoto if he was okay and stretched his hand out to help Naoto to get up from the ground. But Relius is still a bit of a researcher. When Naoto said that it hurt after Valkenhayn's attack, Relius commented that Naoto still feels pain.

Clearly this is before Relius discovers the true meaning of people.

Fuck...I'm actually interested now, damn you Mori. I mean yea, I'm more invested in Valkenhayn and Relius than in Naoto's story, but still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not much of their appearance are explained in text. The only interesting things said is that Valkenhayn looked like he was in his early twenties and that Relius was only a couple of years older than Naoto (Naoto is second year high school, so 18-19?).

Valkenhayn in Phaseshift looked older than he looks in BE, at least by the descriptions in the text.

Relius at least treats Naoto as a human and not a thing. He asked Naoto if he was okay and stretched his hand out to help Naoto to get up from the ground. But Relius is still a bit of a researcher. When Naoto said that it hurt after Valkenhayn's attack, Relius commented that Naoto still feels pain.

Oh wow, that's way younger than I was thinking. So Relius isn't fully evil yet, this is really interesting. I hope that Naoto and Raquel stuff can take a backseat for a bit to focus on Relius and Valk. Man, now I'm invested :(

I have a question related to the creation of the Nox Nyctores. IIRC, they are created by Terumi, Nine and Trinity (?) during the Dark War to fight against the Black Beast, and one of their ingredients were souls. 

Is it true that these souls were taken from Takemikazuchi? If so, then where did Takemikazuchi come from and get its stock of souls? 

Also, how is Kazuma/Terumi able to use Ouroboros in Phase Shift 01, which takes place before the Nox Nyctores are made? I heard that apparently that the one they used was fake, but how does that make sense? How can you have a "replica" of something that hasn't even been made yet? 

I have a question related to the creation of the Nox Nyctores. IIRC, they are created by Terumi, Nine and Trinity (?) during the Dark War to fight against the Black Beast, and one of their ingredients were souls. 

Is it true that these souls were taken from Takemikazuchi? If so, then where did Takemikazuchi come from and get its stock of souls? 

Also, how is Kazuma/Terumi able to use Ouroboros in Phase Shift 01, which takes place before the Nox Nyctores are made? I heard that apparently that the one they used was fake, but how does that make sense? How can you have a "replica" of something that hasn't even been made yet? 

Nine created Takemikazuchi, this is what she answered when they asked he about it,

Nine: ... yes, I created it. Or maybe, I revived it might be more correct.

Valkenhayn: What do you mean with that you revived it?

Nine: To put it simply, Phenomena Weapon is an imitation of technology from the distant past. What I did was to revive that technology.

The souls that Takemikazuchi had was because it charged up to fire it's laser on to the Black Beast, but before it could shoot the Black Beast disappeared and re-appeared behind Take-mikazuchi and almost killed it. Knowing that Take-mikazuchi was of no more use against The Black Beast, Nine took half of it's core to make the Nox.

And all I know of ouroboros from Phase-Shift 1 is this line of dialog from Terumi in Phase-Shift 4: "Hmm, I see. So this is the real "Ouroboros". It seriously is exactly like it was at that time, how interesting."

It looks like the date for Bloodedge Experience was real, it's coming out on November 20th according to Kadokawa's website.

From the summary, it refer Saya as a little sister, and seems she isn't good news. (サヤの凶刃, Saya's deadly sword? 凶刃= sword meant to kill, or are there a better translation?)

Sword meant to kill....

Kusanagi?

Sword meant to kill....

Kusanagi?

Nah, it's only one word, 凶刃, not a title. I have a little problem with founding the right English word for it. Throwing it at a digital English dictionary only gives me: assassin's dagger. It probably is talking about Saya's sword that she is carrying instead of a dagger. So I checked a Japanese dictionary instead, A blade prepared for killing a person. And looking at the Kanjis it's "Evil" and "Sword".

So deadly blade/sword is the closest word I can found for it.

I really wonder if "Terumi Saya" does have any relation towards the Saya we know of the current BlazBlue series or if this is just name coincidence... And if she actually has any relations to Yuuki Terumi also. Hope this novel series covers it...

Actually I am more wondering if XBLAZE has any relations to this series other than the organization names such as Mitsurugi. o_o

I really wonder if "Terumi Saya" does have any relation towards the Saya we know of the current BlazBlue series or if this is just name coincidence... And if she actually has any relations to Yuuki Terumi also. Hope this novel series covers it...

Actually I am more wondering if XBLAZE has any relations to this series other than the organization names such as Mitsurugi. o_o

The connections seen with Xblaze in Bloodedge Experience I think are: TOI,The Magic Guild name is using the Kanjis used in Xblaze (魔導協会) instead of the BlazBlue one (魔道協会), Mages from Ishana is referred to as Majutsushi (魔術師), Drives, Mitsurugi Agency, Mass disappearing incident.

It also has the X in "Bloodedge Experience" highlighted for some reason on the cover.

In terms of story timeline, it's

XBLAZE => Bloodedge Experience => BlazBlue Phase Shift => BlazBlue CT/CS/CP right?

Only thing I find weird is the period of time between XBLAZE and Bloodedge Experience kind of...

In terms of story timeline, it's

XBLAZE => Bloodedge Experience => BlazBlue Phase Shift => BlazBlue CT/CS/CP right?

Only thing I find weird is the period of time between XBLAZE and Bloodedge Experience kind of...

Looks like it. Code:Embryo takes place around 150 years before CT, no exact year have been given, might even be in 2070 if the Yuki in Xblaze and Bloodedge Experience is the same. In Bloodedge Experience, Relius is late teen early 20 (19-21 I guess), and late twenties in Phase 0's prolouge. So BE should take place around the early part of 2090. And if it is really Nine in Lost:Memories, that should take place around 2099.

So Code:Embryo > Bloodedge Experience > Lost:Memories > Phase shift > Remix Heart > BlazBlue?

New info about BE part 2 have been put up.

”Give me the ”hunter's eye”. – kill Nii-sama.”

In front of Naoto who had awaken the bloodedge and gotten rid of one of Spinner's apostles, appears his little sister, Terumi Saya, who was supposed to have been in imprisonment. What phenomena will occur when she who possess the most wicked drive of them all, Soul Eater, enter the battle.

source

Would it be safe to assume that Naoto has no connection to Ragna? I'm starting to think the whole novel has nothing to do with him. Which is kind of disappointing since I wanted to know more about what exactly Ragna is.

Would it be safe to assume that Naoto has no connection to Ragna? I'm starting to think the whole novel has nothing to do with him. Which is kind of disappointing since I wanted to know more about what exactly Ragna is.

I have a hard time to see there are no connection. Naoto's personality is very similar to that of Ragna, only a little calmer(probably because Naoto's life hasn't been as bad as Ranga). Naoto even uses the same phrase as Ragna 「てめぇ、馬鹿かぁぁぁぁつ‼」. Raquel and Naoto's situation seems really similar to that thing Rachel mentioned in the arcade ending in CT.

Also the author had a habit of writing Ragna when she was supposed to write Naoto.

But I don't know. Might be more clear after part 2.