Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zephyr07

Blazblue: Short Stories and Novel Discussion

Guys, can someone please translate the titles of capters 20, 21, 22 and 23 from BlazBlue Remix Heart? Thanks.

20 - 「本当の自分」がなくなったらどうなるの?事件!
「Hontou no Jibun」 ga nakunattara dou naru no? Jiken!

21 -  毒には毒をもって制すればいいじゃない事件・先編!
Doku ni wa Doku wo motte Seisureba ii janai Jiken Zenpen!

22 - 毒には毒をもって刺すればいいじゃない事件・後編!
Doku ni wa Doku wo motte Seisureba ii janai Jiken Kouhen!

23 - 私は私以外の何者でもありません!事件!
Watashi wa Watashi Igai no Nanimono demo arimasen! Jiken!

Finally. It's be a while since the last LN.
Will be interesting to see Mori's cover if he really will illustrate it. I wonder if he will also be drawing the rest of the illustrations?
Can't wait for more info.

edit: Seems like the actual announcement was made on the Famidora Cup, and not only BB but a Guilty Gear LN was also announced.

zc8kpQC.png

1 hour ago, Hakkai_Requiem said:

Hello! I'm new to Blazblue novels and short stories: I played the main games only. Are these stories available in english? Or anything non-japanese at all?

Hello! Welcome to the world of BlazBlue's expanded lore and all the insanity that comes with it. There is actually quite a lot of material that is translated but not much of it is official. In the first few pages of this thread you can find the translations of the short stories from the Calamity Trigger Material Collection (sadly the links are dead but you can find them manually easily enough. You can of the Phase Shift novels, which tell the events of the Dark War in more detail, here (the first three are complete but only the first chapter of the fourth and the epilogue of the fifth have been translated). You can get the fully translated Remix Heart manga, which focuses on the most recently revealed playable character Mai Natsume, can be found on the first post of this thread under the Remix Heart section. It's currently running sequel, Variable Heart, does not have full translations yet but you can find the raws in the same place as the Remix Heart chapters mentioned above and Amatsumugi89 on Tumblr does detailed summaries of the chapters as they come out (so far that is Chapter 1, Chapter 2 and Chapter 3). There is also the two XBlaze games, distant prequels which stars the new playable character Es, that have been officially released. The last major spin-off is the Bloodedge Experience novels, which is about Naoto Kurogane, but sadly that has no translation and I can't point to as detailed a summary. The BlazBlue Wiki has a bunch of information throughout though. That is pretty much it for side materials. I hope this was able to help.

2 minutes ago, Ogiga99 said:

Hello! Welcome to the world of BlazBlue's expanded lore and all the insanity that comes with it. There is actually quite a lot of material that is translated but not much of it is official. In the first few pages of this thread you can find the translations of the short stories from the Calamity Trigger Material Collection (sadly the links are dead but you can find them manually easily enough. You can of the Phase Shift novels, which tell the events of the Dark War in more detail, here (the first three are complete but only the first chapter of the fourth and the epilogue of the fifth have been translated). You can get the fully translated Remix Heart manga, which focuses on the most recently revealed playable character Mai Natsume, can be found on the first post of this thread under the Remix Heart section. It's currently running sequel, Variable Heart, does not have full translations yet but you can find the raws in the same place as the Remix Heart chapters mentioned above and Amatsumugi89 on Tumblr does detailed summaries of the chapters as they come out (so far that is Chapter 1, Chapter 2 and Chapter 3). There is also the two XBlaze games, distant prequels which stars the new playable character Es, that have been officially released. The last major spin-off is the Bloodedge Experience novels, which is about Naoto Kurogane, but sadly that has no translation and I can't point to as detailed a summary. The BlazBlue Wiki has a bunch of information throughout though. That is pretty much it for side materials. I hope this was able to help.

Thanks a lot! That was actually really helpful :D

Just one more question:out of all of these products, which ones have an official english release? I like to support the developers as far as I can (and I like to own physical copies too)

2 minutes ago, Hakkai_Requiem said:

Thanks a lot! That was actually really helpful :D

Just one more question:out of all of these products, which ones have an official english release? I like to support the developers as far as I can (and I like to own physical copies too)

You're welcome. Glad I was able to help.

Unfortunately only the XBlaze games (Code: Embryo and Lost: Memories) have been officially released. None of the manga or novels have been released (which makes Litchi telling us to read the Phase Shift novels in CP's Teach Me Miss Litchi feel like a huge slap in the face).

31 minutes ago, Calamitus said:

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201609/08115190.html

Is that new Blazblue novel? It seems it will be released on October 20.

l_57d10b735eaf3.jpg

Holy shit this is hype.It includes Tenjo, Mei-Fang, Kliff badass old guy and Jin as a main character? I am SO down for that. (now all that cool stuff just needs to be localized)