Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zephyr07

Blazblue: Short Stories and Novel Discussion

In VH news, there are two new characters (and they're not the two in that new novel).

The black haired one might (emphasis on might) be called Fuzzy. No idea on the white haired one, but she looks like she was inside the coffin.

(Images courtesy of Zedar)

Fuzzy.png

MysteriousVHcharacter.png

1 hour ago, BlackYakuzu94 said:

Alternately, its not like we ever see Jin shirtless.

Ehh, not really: (a bit NSFW)

Spoiler

6T9nzlr.jpg

This was drawn by Mori, though it was "just" used as store bonus for CS (it is an EC-card sleeve to be exact)

Jin always has had fairly skinny arms. And he wears a bodysuit, so it's hard for him to really have secret muscles beneath his clothing.

2 hours ago, cr1ms0n said:

So the title of the new novel is BlazBlue: Spiral Shift according to Famitsu. http://www.famitsu.com/news/201609/08115190.html

*Sigh* So another new spin-off but still no continuation of Bloodedge Experience in sight. I'm starting to get the tiniest fraction of understanding for how the Jubei complainers feel. Still this looks interesting. If I had to guess, based on the image this will be about Jin's time fighting in the Ikaruga Civil War, right before Variable Heart. Though I have to wonder, why the sudden focus on the end of the Ikaruga Civil War? This will come out after Central Fiction releases in Japan but it seems like they are hinting that something very important happens at that time. This is long after Noel's "birth" during the destruction of Ibukido so it doesn't seem to be connected to any of that "Origin" stuff. At the very least we might get to actually see Tenjou in person and learn about him.

Wow about ikargua civil war with Jin as the main character huh? I wonder why they would release the novel after CF prehaps to add to the future cf extend.

I've been trying to understand the BlazBlue story in detail, but haven't found very detailed summaries of the untranslated Phase Shift 3 and 4. Can anyone provide information? I'd like as many interesting facts as possible and world building info as possible.  

This is what I've been able to put together from piecing together wikia entries. I'm not sure how complete or correct it is.

Phase Shift 3
- Nine explains that the Nox Nyctores are copied from ancient technology. She says there was an ancient war against an unknown foe during the Age of Origin. Later, there was another (smaller) war against the same enemy. Izayoi was one of the weapons developed during that time.
- A new "court of inquiry" takes away Nine's absolute authority over the war efforts. Management of the Grimoires is given to the OLN.
- Celica went into a short-term coma because Take-Mikazuchi drained some of her magic to power the shot that drove the Black Beast away. Seven and Eight try to hunt down Celica so that they can create a proper core for Take-Mikazuchi, which would probably result in Celica's death. Seven and Eight believe a properly powered Take-Mikazuchi should be able to destroy the Black Beast.
- Suzukaka and Totokaka help the Six Heroes escape Ishana and hideout in Kaka Village.
- Seven and Eight give up on Celica and decide to create a core with souls instead. The downside with using souls for a Nox Nyctores is that it's hard to control the final product. The Six Heroes are unable to stop Seven and Eight. [What souls do they use?]
- After Take-Mikazuchi receives a proper core, the Black Beast attacks it from behind. Seven and Eight try to protect Take-Mikazuchi by teleporting it back to Ishana. They botch the teleport because a piece of the Black Beast is attached to it. A large part of Ishana is destroyed and the Black Beast learns Ishana's location.
- [What's the aftermath of this? Do Seven and Eight get reprimanded?]

Phase Shift 4
- Nine decides to use Take-Mikazuchi's core to create the other Nox Nyctores. She needs time to finish, so everyone else tries to stall the Black Beast before it gets to Ishana. The Black Beast shows intelligence by luring the Six Heroes forces into a trap and later launching a surprise night strike. At some point, Ayame Yayoi uses Izayoi and successfully stalls the Black Beast. She dies that night. [Any time frame on this part?]
- [Somehow the Black Beast is killed. Details? I've gathered that Ragna kills it from the inside (Has he been there the entire time? What happens to him afterwards?) and Hakumen kills it from the outside. Do the Nox Nyctores make a big difference?]
- [Is Jubei/Nine's wedding or Kokonoe's birth covered at all?]
- Seven has Eight steal Yukianesa. The sword kills Eight and Seven covertly takes it for himself. 
- Nirvana leads Celica to Ishana's Cauldron, which leads to the copy that results in a Chronophantasma.
- The Nox Nyctores are sealed. Take-Mikazuchi is sent to space and some of the other Nox Nyctores have their cores removed.
- Terumi (or is it Kazuma?) throws Trinity and Nine into the Cauldron.
- Near a Cauldron, Terumi is more powerful than Jubei and Hakumen combined. Jubei uses Tomonori's eye to give Terumi a material form. Hakumen drags Terumi and himself into the Cauldron.
- Celica starts a church on the location where the Black Beast was killed in order to be closer to Ragna.
- Epilogue: Kokonoe creates a Celica Chronophantasma in AD 2200.

1 hour ago, relic.nt said:

I've been trying to understand the BlazBlue story in detail, but haven't found very detailed summaries of the untranslated Phase Shift 3 and 4. Can anyone provide information? I'd like as many interesting facts as possible and world building info as possible.  

This is what I've been able to put together from piecing together wikia entries. I'm not sure how complete or correct it is.

To my knowledge you got most of it but there are a few details I can add and corrections to make.

- Nine explains that the Nox Nyctores are copied from ancient technology. She says there was an ancient war against an unknown foe during the Age of Origin. Later, there was another (smaller) war against the same enemy. Izayoi was one of the weapons developed during that time.

Hihiirokane was created during the first war during the Age of Origin. It is also stated that both wars were against a "something" that existed outside of the Logic, implied to be mini-Black Beasts.

- Celica went into a short-term coma because Take-Mikazuchi drained some of her magic to power the shot that drove the Black Beast away. Seven and Eight try to hunt down Celica so that they can create a proper core for Take-Mikazuchi, which would probably result in Celica's death. Seven and Eight believe a properly powered Take-Mikazuchi should be able to destroy the Black Beast.

Celica fell into the coma at the end of Phase Shift 2. She wakes up in the first chapter of Phase Shift 3, before Nine's above-mentioned explanation. Celica was not just necessary as a power source, but also to act as a control device for Take-Mikazuchi. Additionally, Seven and Eight wanted to use the Six Heroes to power Take-Mikazuchi as well.

- [What's the aftermath of this? Do Seven and Eight get reprimanded?]

While a large part of Ishana is destroyed, that is a result of Take-Mikazuchi crashing into it. While the Black Beast did learn about Ishana, it didn't actually make it there since it was teleported to a place near the old Kaka Village before it got too close. Seven and Eight don't seem to have suffered any repercussions from this. Seven did become the founder of the Kisaragi family, one of the most powerful people in the NOL, after all.

2 hours ago, relic.nt said:

- Nine decides to use Take-Mikazuchi's core to create the other Nox Nyctores. She needs time to finish, so everyone else tries to stall the Black Beast before it gets to Ishana. The Black Beast shows intelligence by luring the Six Heroes forces into a trap and later launching a surprise night strike. At some point, Ayame Yayoi uses Izayoi and successfully stalls the Black Beast. She dies that night. [Any time frame on this part?]

Nine said it would take around half a year to complete the Nox but the Black Beast would reach Ishana in only four months. The battle to stall the Black Beast lasted a month. The first day is when the Black Beast leads the entire army (not just the Six Heroes) into a trap by cutting off their escape route. This is where Ayame uses the Izayoi, not to stall the Black Beast but to open a path for them to retreat. Ayame died that night (so day one) and the Black Beast performed it's night raid that same night.

- [Somehow the Black Beast is killed. Details? I've gathered that Ragna kills it from the inside (Has he been there the entire time? What happens to him afterwards?) and Hakumen kills it from the outside. Do the Nox Nyctores make a big difference?]

Ragna spent his time in the Black Beast fighting Nu. Because time moved differently inside the Black Beast they only fought for a short time while several years passed outside. Apparently he wasn't there the entire time and was spit out in Phase Shift 3 since there is an image of him protecting Celica from some of the Black Beasts Remnants although I don't think it lasts since he seems to be back inside by the time of Phase Shift 4. In Phase Shift 4 Jubei uses Hihiirokane to send Celica into the Black Beast so she can help Ragna. Because of Celica's presence and seithr-suppressing powers, humanity's combined attack, fighting in a location with Crystals that are a part of the natural Power of Order and share Celica's ability and the two-front attack forcing the Black Beast to divide it's attention, Ragna is able to kill Nu. Without it's heart the Black Beast is reduced to it's humanoid form (Ragna since he is the body) which can be seen in this image from the Innocent Black short story in the Calamity Trigger Material Collection. Hakumen is then able to decapitate it, killing it for good (and leaving it in the state we see in Endless Waltz). After Ragna kills Nu, Rachel appears to teleport Celica out and bring Ragna back to the present at the start of Chrono Phantasma's True Ending. I don't know if it's stated exactly how much the Nox do but considering how powerful they are it is very likely that they were dealing the most damage to the Black Beast out of the entire army.

- Terumi (or is it Kazuma?) throws Trinity and Nine into the Cauldron.

When Terumi was put under Mind Eater he intentionally separated his consciousness from Kazuma's so that only Terumi was subjected to the spell. This allows Kazuma to trick Trinity into lifting the spell although this came with the side-effect of preventing Terumi from doing a perfect merge with his hosts. Terumi is the one who throws them in.

3 hours ago, relic.nt said:

- Celica starts a church on the location where the Black Beast was killed in order to be closer to Ragna.

This actually happens before Terumi throws Trinity and Nine into the Cauldron and Jubei seals him and Hakumen in the Edge. The epilogue of Phase 0 shows Celica meeting with Nine and Jubei in the church before the two were married (although they were engaged at the time since it says Jubei is Celica's "soon to be brother-in-law"). Their marriage is even held in that church. This means at the minimum the scene happens 9 months before Trinity lifts Mind Eater to give time for Kokonoe to be born. However, my guess is that Nine and Jubei built the church very shortly after the Black Beast was killed, several years before Terumi's betrayal, since it wasn't just made for Celica to be close to Ragna, but for her to suppress the seithr in the area to prevent the corpse of the Black Beast that was sealed beneath the church from reviving somehow.

That's all I got.

Amatsumugi89 has summaries for the Prologue and Chapter 1 of Spiral Shift on his Tumblr. There doesn't seem to be anything shocking so far, I'm really looking forward to Tenjo coming into the picture.

Some Spiral Shift stuff courtesy of Zedar.

Grimmwood gets killed (presumably by Meifang by looking at one of the illustrations). He's murdered for having connections to Kokonoe.

Karengina has a Drive called Seagull - it allows her to see anyone, even if the naked eye can't. She's tomboyish and clashes with Jin a bit.

Tenjou is actually a young woman, who apparently looks a lot like Saya.

Honoka is actually Hazama, but Jin never noticed it. Maybe something happened to him that made him not realise? I'm guessing Terumi's Mind Eater did that.

Izanami could be awakened by lots and lots of deaths. The Ikaruga Civil War didn't produce enough deaths to awaken her, though.

1 hour ago, VermilionBird said:

This is getting more ridiculous than everybody in Fate/Shit Night being a Saber clone.

1 hour ago, VermilionBird said:

Lol what the fuck. Still, makes sense. All the Amanohokosaka women have purple hair.

Wonder if Izanami actually took her appearance from Tenjo. Would make Bang's arcade mode in CF make a little more sense when she seemingly replaces Tenjo in his vision.

6 hours ago, VermilionBird said:

Not terribly surprised in the sense that Tenjo did have an androgynous form and was wearing Mei's hat. Still, pretty funny.

Looks like Tenjo also has the same symbol on her clothes that's also Naoto's chest and Izanami's outfit.

Might strengthen the idea that it has something to do with people related to the Amanohokosaka clan after all.

So badass middle age guy 1 died while badass middle age guy 2 was a young woman all along.

I hate it.

I do kind of appreciate that they give a reason why everybody hates the Zero Squadron and the idea that Tenjo was even more relevant and mysterious than we thought isn't bad either, but man it's getting ridiculous.

Had they revealed much sooner that Tenjo is actually a girl, he'd be playable now.

18 hours ago, VermilionBird said:

Called it.

I new something was off when they showed Tenjou's form in Variable Heart.

I've never really trusted the dub since the japanese language mostly uses gender-neutral pronouns.

Plus most, if not all, the heads of the Amanohokosaka family has always been women ever since the very first Azure Shrine Maiden.

I'm guessing Homura is also a girl?

It's too OBVIOUS!

What if Ragna, Jin and Saya are clones from someone of the Amanohokosaka clan? That would explain saya's purple hair, and their affinity with Seithr and/or the Black Beast.

14 minutes ago, heavymetalmixer said:

What if Ragna, Jin and Saya are clones from someone of the Amanohokosaka clan? That would explain saya's purple hair, and their affinity with Seithr and/or the Black Beast.

They are the offspring of the 5th prime field. Said 5th prime field is apparently a copy of someone matching Saya Terumi's description. The Terumis were a branch family of the Amanohokosakas.