Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zephyr07

Blazblue: Short Stories and Novel Discussion

Oh man thank you so much ive been looking for a translation for phase 0 for over a year now! XD Thank you so much Zephyr im really grateful for your hard work. I really cant wait to see what happens nezt chapter THANKS AGAIN!

Ragna got owned lol.

lol'd at the position Caelica and Ragna ended up in, guess Nine thought he was trying to rape her or something.

Okay guys, I had this really weird theory about Phase Shift 1. This is after an in-depth discussion with a friend which I practically translated the entire novel to; I swear I'll make a written one of it and post it here. Again, this is just a theory which explains PS1 better, imo.

Kazuma and Terumi were never separated to begin with. It was more of Terumi had to let Kazuma accept him since Kazuma had a will of his own.

So first, Terumi can only appear in front of Kazuma. Despite BlazBlue and it's very fictional concept, I still don't think this is normal. And from his appearance, which is basically a guy wearing the Ishana uniform with his shirt open, may be how Kazuma sees him. He sees a part of himself within Terumi. About the yellow cloak? No idea. I mean, Trinity has one but I'm not sure if that's related at all. But that's what I think would explain why Terumi wears the same uniform.

Following that Kazuma is the only one who can supposedly see Terumi, how were the beast-kin able to fight against them? Imo, it was already actually Kazuma doing the action, but instead... hard to explain, it's more of a mind thing.

About Kazuma having amnesia. Terumi really never told Kazuma that he was just his vessel which he had to look after. But after the fusion, Kazuma remembered everything, what he was, what he was supposed do and why he existed. He also has dreams of Ragna and of Terumi. So at that point in the novel, where Terumi becomes active, Terumi is already trying to dig into Kazuma's mind.

At first, Kazuma couldn't really accept Terumi. But it seems like it all just came naturally. Despite Terumi being a jerk most of the time, Kazuma can't resist. Almost like, he's just drowing in Terumi's words. He's very aware of Terumi's attitude but, he just can't seem... to say no. He explained it as, "I can't resist him." in the novel.

So basically, the novel just shows Terumi taking over Kazuma's will completely by letting Kazuma be a-okay with it. Terumi could have taken over when Kazuma was weak in mind; which is Kazuma in search of the Azure to restore his memories.

Uh, just think of Fight Club.

Okay guys, I had this really weird theory about Phase Shift 1. This is after an in-depth discussion with a friend which I practically translated the entire novel to; I swear I'll make a written one of it and post it here. Again, this is just a theory which explains PS1 better, imo.

Kazuma and Terumi were never separated to begin with. It was more of Terumi had to let Kazuma accept him since Kazuma had a will of his own.

So basically, the novel just shows Terumi taking over Kazuma's will completely by letting Kazuma be a-okay with it. Terumi could have taken over when Kazuma was weak in mind; which is Kazuma in search of the Azure to restore his memories.

Uh, just think of Fight Club.

i always believed terumi and kazuma were seperated. My theory goes a little like this:

terumi is a ball of hatred, and kazuma is basically what's leftover. it would explain why kazuma's always so distant and emotionless, because terumi is the 'emotion' aspect of kazuma. kazuma by himself is basically terumi without all the malice, right down to the boiled egg fascination. that's why kazuma can fight tomonori, he has terumi's skills, but just lacks the intent. when terumi forcibly takes over kazuma, it is at a point when kazuma has already undergone emotional stress (fear, anger, etc etc)

in short, terumi can't possess/affect someone who's dead emotionally. that's why he puts kazuma into dangerous situations or affecting his mental state. he couldn't go back into kazuma until very late in the novel. i agree the novel is mostly about terumi seducing kazuma, but i think terumi and kazuma are distinct and seperate, rather than terumi being a figment of kazuma's imagination. (i think that's what you're trying to say at least? correct me if i'm wrong)

Yea, that's what I'm exactly trying to say. For me it's like, how he sees Terumi is basically how Kazuma sees himself inside of Terumi. What irks me is that no one else can see Terumi hence leading me to having that kind of theory (idk how that happened lol). I also had the same premise at first; they were both separated but fused near-end of the novel. But I think Terumi was already sticking to Kazuma ever since they first met then slowly but surely taking control of Kazuma. But eh, that's just me (and my fangirl desires).

Actually, at one point while reading the novel, I also thought the same way as what you just posted. Kazuma was already being emotionally unstable making Terumi's entry easier than how it was at first. So what I'm getting is, Terumi was basically there to introduce several emotions to Kazuma to make him emotionally unstable? Yea, I also had that conclusion in mind since Terumi IS kinda pushy in the novel ever since they first met down to them fusing.

Also, I love how you said it was mostly about Terumi seducing Kazuma. Because that's 100% correct. A little mix of other things but mostly those two.

I finally added you on MSN. ;u; Yay for downloading.

I've been meaning to ask this for a while, but is Phase 0 officially done being translated? Also, I thought that this thread was stickied a while back, but now it's not, does that mean anything?