Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zephyr07

Blazblue: Short Stories and Novel Discussion

I've been meaning to ask this for a while, but is Phase 0 officially done being translated? Also, I thought that this thread was stickied a while back, but now it's not, does that mean anything?

Nope. Not sure about 'officially' since there's no announcement of the novel being officially translated. The translations we have would be the one zephyr is doing (still ongoing). There's the 30+ page manga about it tho. And I don't recall seeing this thread ever stickied. D:

Previous novel was all about how Terumi got a body (current Hazama) so I'm not sure if they'll follow it up about Terumi again. PS1 didn't answer a lot of questions about Hazama/Terumi tbh so more information about it would be cool. Still needs more Relius. As far as I can recall, Relius was just mentioned in PS1 and didn't really do much (except create Kazuma). There's still his story mode in CSex tho. But I'm way too impatient to think normally.

...I-I swear I'll help translate PS1 if I ever get the time to. ;^;

I've been meaning to ask this for a while, but is Phase 0 officially done being translated? Also, I thought that this thread was stickied a while back, but now it's not, does that mean anything?

No, I'm not done translating them, and to be honest, university life doesn't leave me with any time to continue. If anyone wants to pick up where I left off, they're more than welcome to.

Phase Shift 2 summary is out! It will be released on January 20. :DDDDD

「ねえ、えいゆうさん――本物の英雄になりたくなくて?」死の淵にあるジン=キサラギが一人の少女と出会う時、真実に至る最後の歯車が回り出す。「BLAZBLUE」最大の秘史“暗黒大戦”の全貌がここに!

"Hey, Mr. Hero--don't you mean that you want to be a true hero?"

Jin Kisaragi, who was at the verge of death, met a lone girl. And at that time, the last gear needed to reach the truth had started to turn.

BlazBlue's biggest subplot, the Dark War, will be given a clearer picture in this novel.

PS; I am horrible at rewording. e_e

PSS; So I would assume this is going to be in Jin's POV.

PSSS; e_e I guess this is somewhat linked to Wheel of Fortune?

PSSSS; WHY ISN'T THIS OUT NOW.

Nope. Not sure about 'officially' since there's no announcement of the novel being officially translated. The translations we have would be the one zephyr is doing (still ongoing). There's the 30+ page manga about it tho. And I don't recall seeing this thread ever stickied. D:

Previous novel was all about how Terumi got a body (current Hazama) so I'm not sure if they'll follow it up about Terumi again. PS1 didn't answer a lot of questions about Hazama/Terumi tbh so more information about it would be cool. Still needs more Relius. As far as I can recall, Relius was just mentioned in PS1 and didn't really do much (except create Kazuma). There's still his story mode in CSex tho. But I'm way too impatient to think normally.

...I-I swear I'll help translate PS1 if I ever get the time to. ;^;

Oh sorry, I just meant to ask if Zeph was done since I didn't know how much was left lol. And seriously?? I was so sure it was sticked before I joined DL, since it was always at the top and I didn't have to look for it... it could've been my imagination though o.o

If the new novel is about Hakumen/Jin, maybe it'll mention how Terumi left the suits seeing as how Rachel had it before she gave it to Jin?

No, I'm not done translating them, and to be honest, university life doesn't leave me with any time to continue. If anyone wants to pick up where I left off, they're more than welcome to.

Don't worry, I can relate. Uni has really left me wishing my life were shorter >__>

Also, kind of unrelated to the topic, but how many years of Japanese classes would I have to take before I could attempt to read a novel like this for myself? I wanna learn Japanese one day, if I can.

And seriously?? I was so sure it was sticked before I joined DL, since it was always at the top and I didn't have to look for it... it could've been my imagination though o.o

No, it used to be. Still not entirely sure why,though, or why it was unstickied.

Okay, after looking at the sketches in the official art thread. I'm starting to think why Terumi already looked like that prior to fusion with Kazuma. So can we assume that he asked Relius to make it look like him? That and Terumi never allowed Kazuma to see under his hood, is it because they look the same? I'm getting confused, Mori.

Might start translating Phase Shift 1 during the vacation. *-*

I'd assume it was because they looked the same. Um, it seems like physically Kazuma is smaller though. Terumi probably kept his hood up cause, if Kazuma saw they looked almost exactly the same he'd probably be a little freaked out.

...Possibly, I guess.

Also, if you do, I will love you forever, even if it's only like one chapter or something \ o/

Okay, after looking at the sketches in the official art thread. I'm starting to think why Terumi already looked like that prior to fusion with Kazuma. So can we assume that he asked Relius to make it look like him? That and Terumi never allowed Kazuma to see under his hood, is it because they look the same? I'm getting confused, Mori.

Might start translating Phase Shift 1 during the vacation. *-*

Actually, I don't recall phase shift 1 ever mentioning a mirror. So uh, kazuma might have no idea how he looked like, (and so seeing terumi wouldn't really freak him out... I guess?) and tomonori might have attacked him just because of his resemblance to terumi. But this is just speculation on my part, memory's a bit hazy. I'll go back and read phase shift 1 if I ever get the time.

P.S I thought the girl in phase shift 2 was rachel.

EDIT: to the person asking about learning Japanese, I took a class for about a year. Which is sufficient for reading the novels. Reading quickly and translating on the other hand, you'll probably need more than a year. I have a chinese background, so that helps alot when it comes to kanji and stuff

CAELICA, ONCE AGAIN. MANAGES TO GET ON THE FRONT COVER.

MY GOD.

That aside, curious about the other characters. They could be part of the Holy Ten as stated in Phase Shift 1, but that's only assuming from the hat since Nine also wears the same one. e-e So going to buy this one since I like Jin too.

Losing an arm and eye really nerfs the stuff out of you.

But who knows what might've happened to Caelica in the past with "nice guys", maybe Konoe has a reason or something... I can only forgive her if she apologizes though.

Well, I can understand being protective but she was about to outright murder him for which there really is no justification.

And I also don't really like how Nine is insensitive to Caelica's feelings about their father, Ragna hit the nail on the head there and Nine knows that too, which is why she flipped out again, cause the truth hurts.

My opinion of Nine really took a huge plumet reading that :U

Losing an arm and eye really nerfs the stuff out of you.

But who knows what might've happened to Caelica in the past with "nice guys", maybe Konoe has a reason or something... I can only forgive her if she apologizes though.

kazuma. Kazuma sorta told caelica in phase shift 1 to hunt for her dad. That's probably the reason for the wolves in sheep's clothing warning

Well, I can understand being protective but she was about to outright murder him for which there really is no justification.

And I also don't really like how Nine is insensitive to Caelica's feelings about their father, Ragna hit the nail on the head there and Nine knows that too, which is why she flipped out again, cause the truth hurts.

My opinion of Nine really took a huge plumet reading that :U

Nine is violent, prideful, a tsundere and a siscon. If you think this is bad, then the later chapters are going to be quite, quite awful.

Poor...poor Jubei, dat figure might be worth it but someone as a tsundere with that bad a temper must be really bad to deal with at times.

Nine is also pretty much a bitch in Phase Shift 1. Then again, that can be my biased self talking. I haven't read Phase Shift 2, but you can obviously see the other side of her there. :v

Thanks zephyr07, if I'm not mistaken this chapter of P0 has 5 sub chapters, right?.

yes

Wow, so that's now Nine actually is?

Now I'm hoping she isn't playable in any way, Phantom or otherwise.

I wouldn't mind playing as nine, her magic does sound pretty neat actually. I do hope caelica's playable however, just so that I can beat the cliche out of her. she's so annoyingly mary sue it's amazing how the Japanese people can actually stand her.