Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zephyr07

Blazblue: Short Stories and Novel Discussion

Oh okay, I found context. Kokonoe was able to call to Celica because of the Chronophantasma. Yes... because of that.

Not only is Celica possibly going to be playable, she's definitely going to be making an appearance in BBCP's story.

Someone speculated that this Celica is a replica that split from the original in a Mirror Room scene in Phase Shift 4 or something(similar to a mirror scene Noel had in CT) and not the original who got killed by Terumi, hence it avoids a time paradox (not something that BlazBlue does often, the series is full of time paradoxes, the universe should've blown up by now).

To clarify, this is the young Celica (IE Dark War Era) here. Kokonoe didn't resurrect the "old hag" Sister who died seven years ago, she found a sleeping young Celica from 90 years ago and woke her up.

Can you elaborate on that mirror room part? I don't remember Noel being in a mirror room so it's hard for me to understand what you mean there.

noel was dreaming of her past where she saw a white room and she was sleeping on a bed room when she saw the shadow of a girl over her with two ribbons in her hair looking like a bunny (Rachel) when she left noel got up and looked in a mirror and saw i white hair red eye girl that looked just like her (nu-13)

it was on the Original Bazblue CT Noel Story mode

OHHH Ok, thanks Raziel. I couldn't remember that at all. I didn't think it was an actual occurrence, just a dream lol.

idk if it was a dream or not but since noel dreamed it it might have really occurred because if Celica saw that room then she did too cause from the look of it happened before noel became the eye where she was seen as a failure to the other scientists

plus at the end of CT Rachel said to Noel when Ragna saved her "everytime we meet you always sleeping"

Celica needed Nirvana to fight.....what is she even going to do?

Kokonoe could always whip up some type of spare weapon for her, given that this is happening in the first place.

I am REALLY curious on what's going to happen if she runs into Carl and Nirvana. I'm wondering what might happen if she finds the current Ragna as well

Probably a dumb question to ask but I'm not sure who else to ask: What level of Japanese would I need to know to read these novels? Missing all this backstory is kind of killing me. I didn't know Celica used Nirvana at all.

To clarify, when I say "what level", I mean like something comparable to literacy levels in North America (ie, x~nth grade, college level, etc). If I can, I'll order the novels and continue studying Japanese until I can read them. At the moment, I can only read kana and like 30 kanji :\ BUT I'm willing to study hard for this since I don't think we'll ever get an official translation (plus it would help me when/if I import other games or want to get into other Japanese media). Also, does anyone know how long they are?

I didn't know Celica used Nirvana at all.

Isn't it mentioned in the games actually? In Valk's story in Extend he talked to Nirvana and mentioned Celica as being Nirvana's previous master.

Remember, Celica can use sorcery like her sister.

She's also an "antibody" like Jin/Hakumen and was able to escape the Black Beast after being swallowed by it in Phase Shift 3.

Isn't it mentioned in the games actually? In Valk's story in Extend he talked to Nirvana and mentioned Celica as being Nirvana's previous master.

She's also an "antibody" like Jin/Hakumen and was able to escape the Black Beast after being swallowed by it in Phase Shift 3.

Hmm I don't think Celica is ever mentioned by name? I know that Valk did mention knowing Nirvana's previous master for sure though. Also, did you read all the novels Tokkan? Are you able to comment on my question about the reading level?

And when you say "antibody" do you mean that she also has the power of order?

Hmm I don't think Celica is ever mentioned by name? I know that Valk did mention knowing Nirvana's previous master for sure though.

Pretty sure he did mention her by name. Celica was also mentioned by name in Platinum's bad ending.

Also, did you read all the novels Tokkan? Are you able to comment on my question about the reading level?

I believe I've already stated I get this info rummaging through the jBBS story threads. Not that I wouldn't mind but import fees are too steep for me to consider buying a book from another country.

And when you say "antibody" do you mean that she also has the power of order?

Nah, she has a different power. The power of order deals with phenomena interventions, Celica's antibody power deals with the control of seithr.

I've heard some fan talk that Caelica was in love with Bloodedge, is this true? I've only read the phase 0 translation that has been on here, but I didn't really pick up any love vibe coming from her. Unless other stuff is insinuated in the other phase books which I really know nothing about.

Anyway, can anyone clarify this?

Pretty sure he did mention her by name. Celica was also mentioned by name in Platinum's bad ending.

I believe I've already stated I get this info rummaging through the jBBS story threads. Not that I wouldn't mind but import fees are too steep for me to consider buying a book from another country.

Nah, she has a different power. The power of order deals with phenomena interventions, Celica's antibody power deals with the control of seithr.

The mention of her in Plat's bad ending would make sense, I just don't remember Valk ever saying anything about her. I didn't remember the mirror room though so I probably just forgot. I'll play through the story again later this week.

Also, sorry, I knew that you'd read stuff on the jbbs threads but I thought you were only referring to the stuff about PS4. When you mentioned that detail about Caelica from PS3 specifically, it gave me the impression that you'd read the other novels.

How does she control seithr exactly? Like she can concentrate/dissipate it or something? And do we have a glossary for BB story terms? I'm actually not sure what "phenomena intervention" means or what the definition of a Phenomena/Causality Weapon is other than it being basically a term for a Nox.

yea i heard the same thing that she develops affection and idolize him and before nine and jubei wedding nine asked her to live with them and she said

(“I guess in the end, I want to wait after all. Because I made a promise.”

Even if it took years from now. Even if it took decades from now.

“I want to meet Ragna once more.”)

lol i think she deep in love with him to wait that long till she was old

i say Nirvana will reconize Caelica but since Ada is in Nirvana she will still stay with Carl and know Caelica personality she will let Carl keep it

YoYoChesse is right Celica can use sorcery like her sister but Celica specialized in healing magic but it doesn't mean she can't do other magic as well cause ragna told termi why he killed the nuns of the church and termi said (''thoes witches kept getting in the way and she kept ruining my plans'')

How does she control seithr exactly? Like she can concentrate/dissipate it or something? And do we have a glossary for BB story terms? I'm actually not sure what "phenomena intervention" means or what the definition of a Phenomena/Causality Weapon is other than it being basically a term for a Nox.

Phenomena intervention is basically what observers do. Making things exist. Which is why "the Eye" was so valuable, "the Eye" is basically the ultimate observer. The power of order basically lies counter to that. Phenomena intervention allows things to exists provided they are being observed, the power of order denies those things of their existence.

Ah, thanks for the explanation Tokkan! So then, if I may ask, why are Nox Nyctores also called Phenomena Weapons? The reason I ask is because the name makes it sound like they either aid or restrict phenomena intervention. I'm wondering which it is, if either of the two cases at all.

Sorry, Tokkan, I have a question myself about Celica's power. Since her antibody powers allow the control of seithr, is that why Ragna's arm/eye wasn't working in Phase 0? Because it was blocking the power of the grimoire?

Sorry, Tokkan, I have a question myself about Celica's power. Since her antibody powers allow the control of seithr, is that why Ragna's arm/eye wasn't working in Phase 0? Because it was blocking the power of the grimoire?

I don't actually know the answer to this, but that is a good possibility.

Ah, thanks for the explanation Tokkan! So then, if I may ask, why are Nox Nyctores also called Phenomena Weapons? The reason I ask is because the name makes it sound like they either aid or restrict phenomena intervention. I'm wondering which it is, if either of the two cases at all.

Are they called that? .... I know they are classified as causality weapons, but... is that just translation goin' catface on me?

As far as I understood, it's because the grimoire isn't actually "there." Nu absorbed Ragna's Azure Grimoire, creating the Black Beast and leaving Ragna's arm as nothing but a husk of seithr concentrated into solid form. Hence why it doesn't work outside of close proximity of the Black Beast (barring that one time Ragna was pissed enough to make it move). Although, hell, maybe it's because it needs seithr to work and the amount of seithr is just too low for it work except when close to the Black Beast since it exudes seithr. I don't think any possibilities are explicitly confirmed.

Are they called that? .... I know they are classified as causality weapons, but... is that just translation goin' catface on me?

They're caused causality weapons, phenomena weapons, causality phenomena devices, etc. It's just differing translations. Same reason why Boundary Contact Medium suddenly got changed to prime field device.

Remember, Celica can use sorcery like her sister.

Yeah, healing magic, so unless she's going to heal the opponent, I don't see what she's supposed to do.

I really hope this chronophantasma is not so they can bring back all the old characters, it really isn't needed, especially if they bring back bloodedge or something, that'd be really dumb.