Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zephyr07

Blazblue: Short Stories and Novel Discussion

You sure? I thought that's what his arm looked like under the sleeve, and that Bloodedge's arm was straight up gone since Nu absorbed it for Black Beastness.

You sure? I thought that's what his arm looked like under the sleeve, and that Bloodedge's arm was straight up gone since Nu absorbed it for Black Beastness.

Nono. Ragna still had his arm as Bloodedge. It was just useless because it was completely without any power, either through Nu sucking it out or Celica unconsciously using her "Seithr Control" power (which she didn't know she had until Phase Shift 3) to inadvertently deactivate it. Not clear on that one, Phase 0 implies Ragna/Bloodedge's continued lack of use for the arm might have something to do with Celica.

In Phase 0 Ragna's arm is present, just practically useless.

Ragna removed the glove covering his right hand, the hand that appeared looked as if it was made of solidified shadow; it was stained jet black. There were claws at the end of it.

Stroked gently, the feeling of human skin was present. However there was no sensation whatsoever when it was touched. It was as if a totally different person's arm had been grafted on.

(from here)

I don't know if it was already posted, but . . . int the end of Phase 4 novel Caecelica was revived by Kokonoe, maybe Kokonoe wants her to save Lotte Carmine with her cure magic?

I don't know if it was already posted, but . . . int the end of Phase 4 novel Caecelica was revived by Kokonoe, maybe Kokonoe wants her to save Lotte Carmine with her cure magic?

She didn't "revive" her, per se. Kokonoe brought Celica from the past through the boundary to the present thanks to some "Chronophantasma" nonsense.

Also, Kokonoe stopped caring for Roy/Arakune long ago. He's way past the point of no return for her.

Wow, time traveling non-sense? Please, someone bring Bloodedge over there

But yeah, things are getting crazier but it seems to be temporary only.

But yeah, things are getting crazier but it seems to be temporary only.

Actually, nothing at all indicates that it's going to be temporary.

Also, wasn't it left ambiguous as to whether or not the Celica Kokonoe brought to the present was the original or the clone?

No, you're talking about some wild jBBS speculation about how the Celica brought to the present might have "split" from the Celica in the past as an explanation of why Celica being brought to the future can possibly not have an effect on the timeline. But in that case, neither one is a clone. They're both the original, just 2 different versions. And ofcourse, it's just speculation.

Well, Chrono Phantasma is basically what it says... you bring the "ghost" of someone from the past through some crazy mumbo jumbo we don't know yet.

May only be possible with Caelica and Kokonoe, since they basically share the same blood.

Well, Chrono Phantasma is basically what it says...

Edit: To better word my point. It's not Celica that's the "phantasm", it's time that is.

New to the forum but I've been trying to find a translation of Phase 0 ever since I unlocked the cover picture in the gallery of CS Extend. For some reason the links just take me to random parts of the thread. Anyone know where the English version is currently posted?

Posting it here, but discuss it in the chronophantasma thread please.

Amane:

Rachel: Fufu... you chatter needlessly, but that was still fun.

Amane: I thank you for the compliment... although I wonder if I can really say that?

Still, your dance was most fabulous, and I enjoyed myself as well, Ms Vampire.

Rachel: The name's Rachel Alucard. You'd do well to remember that.

Amane: Ms Rachel then... How should I express my gratitude to you... how about I tell you about my 'desire'?

Rachel: I no longer have any interest in that... but I suppose I could hear you out.

Amane: Oh my, you're a difficult little girl, aren't you?

Rachel: You blabber too much. Hurry up and say it.

Amane: It's the stage.

Rachel: Stage?

Amane: That's right! The grandest stage! Dance(舞) is battle(武), and battle is dance (武 and 舞 both are pronounced bu), master the art of dance, and you master the art of battle... The essence of dance can be found within battling...

Amane: For that I need to fight with the 'strongest people'... but not just ordinarily strong people, I need to challenge people... people with the power to "alter" the "world".

Amane: The strongest people gathered on the grandest stage...

Amane: I want to dance on such a stage! ... That is my desire.

Bullet:

Bullet: Hm... Uh... Huh? Crap... looks I fell asleep...

Bullet:... Tomorrow I'll reach Ikaruga... Well, I better memorise all the possible infiltration routes and building locations... Although this won't be my first time in Ikaruga... I'm sure the place has changed drastically.

Bullet:The ones in charge now is... That Black Knight Kagura's family, the Mutsuki house... of all things... I should try to avoid contact with the Library as much as possible...

Bullet: Still, I'm glad there was a place with low sethir levels. It easier to maintain the barrier... Although it's strange... ISn't the sethir level way too low?

Bullet: No, I shouldn't get distracted, I need to focus on my goal...

Bullet: ...In the past, everyone used to tell me... I lacked concentration...

Bullet: Everyone...

Bullet:...

(Bullet punches the ground)

Bullet:... I will definitely avenge everyone...

Bullet: Captain... Why did you... why did you betray everyone...?

Azarael:

Ragna: Guh, Are you seriosuly human?! that's no ordinary 'power'!!

Azarael: Fuahahahaha! Isn't this fun, grim reaper?! Now stand up, surely that can't be the limit of your 'power'!!

Ragna: Don't get too cocky, you freak! Dammit, someone like you...

Ragna: Restriction 666 release... deploying dimensional interference boundary...

Azarael: Yes, unleash that!! If you don't... I cannot release my 'full strength'...

Ragna: What?

Azarael: Enchant Dragunov Level 2... activate!

(The earth begins to tremble)

Ragna: An amplification crest? No, maybe an overdrive... there's a vast difference in pressure now...

Azarael: You're wrong on both counts, grim reaper... Dragunov represses my power... it's a limiter.

Ragna: ... A limiter, you say.

Ragna:... bastard, were you holding back all this while?

Azarael: I can't help it, you know? If I got serious, my opponent would die in an instant... and I wouldn't... enjoy that.

Ragna:... so in other words, you're still holding back?

Azarael: Hm? Ah yeah... This is just level 2. However, I haven't released Dragunov in quite a while... That makes me quite happy. As expected, grim reaper, your name isn't just for show.

Azarael: Well, don't worry about that and come at me! I still haven't had my fill of fun yet!!

Ragna: Connecting Idea engine! Blazblue, activate!

Ragna: Don't look down on me, you meathead! I'm gonna seriously kill you!!

Azarael: Excellent! That's the Blazblue, huh!? In that case I'm really going to enjoy myself to the bitter end, grim reaper!!

Izayoi:

Tsubaki: ... Where is this place?

(space)

Tsubaki: ... I see, this is the darkness within me...

Tsubaki: The darkness I've always turned a blind eye to... the darkness inside my heart...

Jin: ... Don't look away Tsubaki... Don't end up... like me...

Tsubaki: Eh?

Tsunaki Sir Hakumen....?

Tsubaki: Makoto...

Tsubaki: Noel...

Tsubaki: ... Jin

Tsubaki: Even within this absolute darkness... I can still see them clearly...

Tsubaki: I see, it was so simple all along... why didn't I notice it then...

Tsubaki: I don't want to lose you all... I don't want to be apart...

Tsubaki: I... Love everybody.

(The world is enveloped by light)

Ragna:

Nu: Come on Ragna! That's not enough at all~~!

Ragna: Shit... I guess I have no choice...

Ragna: Restriction 666 release, deploying dimensional interference fill... connecting idea engine... Blazblue...

(Boom! The world shakes, and a noise can be heard)

Ragna: Woah, what now!?

Hazama: Alrighty Raggie, that's enough~ Thank you for your cooperation~ heeheehee

(A block noise echoes throughout the world)

Ragna: A phenomenon intervention!? Impossible, how can such a large scale pheomenon intervention...

Hazama: Too bad~ that IS possible. With the imperator's power, the Takamagahara now has a higher interence power than the successor of the Azure.

Hazama: Hey, number 13, there's still some time left... Until then feel free to enjoy yourself killing each other... heeheehee

Ragna: Terumi!

(slashing noise)

Ragna: Guh!!

Nu: Don't look away, Ragna... please... look only at Nu... kukuku... ahahahahahaha

Ragna: ...Nu, you bitch

Hazama: Kukukukuku... It's time for the banquet to begin...

Hazama: Now, struggle!! Suffer!! Kill!! Show me more of your unsightly figures!! Your cries of anguish...

Hazama: Will open the Nemesis Horizon... kukuku...hyahahahahaha!!!

Jin:

Jin: ... Guh, so this is the izayoi... An anti-observer armament, and a casualty phenomenon weapon...

Izayoi: I am a judge... and I will judge all evil.

Izayoi: Rebelling against the Librarium and rebelling against the imperator... All rebels will be unequivocally put to death... Jin... as well as Noel... and Makoto... I will kill... everyone...

Jin: A doll driven only by killing intent and instincts... Although I was once like that, I cannot bear to look at such a sight now... Tsubaki.

Jin: However... something like a weapon cannot steal your heart away!

Tsubaki: (Jin... help... me)

Jin: ... Tsubaki

Izayoi: Jin Kisaragi, your verdict is death.

Jin: There's still hope yet.

Jin: If I can just sever the Imperator's curse... Come Tsubaki, I'll save you.

Noel:

Noel: ... What is this?

Rachel: Well done... Noel.

Noel:... Rachel...?

Rachel: That is your own, the thing residing within you... the Power of the Azure.

Noel: Power of the Azure?

Rachel: look at it closely, you should understand.

Noel: You... no, this is me... This is myself.

Noel: ... That's right, I'm a man-made doll... not a human. But that doesn't matter anymore. Because this feeling of thinking about "someone"... isn't man-made at all.

Noel: ... That person said "As a person, as a human being, I'll fight to the end, till the very last."

Noel: for my sake... he even sacrified his own body...

Noel: That why's I want to fight as well, I want to help. As a person, as a human being... as Noel, until the very last...

Noel: No more denial, no more rejection... of this pain, of this sadness. I already have... important people to me, so...

Noel: I'll be there soon... wait for me, Tsubaki!

Rachel:

Izayoi: Guh... A formidable foe...

Rachel: Do you know that you are Tsubaki Yayoi?

Rachel: And that Sealed Armament, Izayoi... Or rather, the Zero Weave Izayoi is an anti-observer weapon, in other words, it was something created to fight against "us"...

Rachel: Do you understand what that means?

Izayoi: ... Obviously, that's precisely why I chose to fight you.

Rachel: Fufu, as expected, you grasped it pretty well... If it's the released form than the Izayoi would be capable of eliminating even someone like myself.

Rachel: That's right... it would be able to destroy us... the chronophantasma...

Izayoi: ... just what are you trying to say?

Rachel: You're right, it's about time we shifted to the main problem at hand... since "time" is precious.

Izayoi: ...

Rachel: Ragna the Bloodedge.

Izayoi: !?

Rachel: You are searching for him, are you not? What is the image of him that is reflected in your darkened eyes?

Izayoi: ... evil. Ragna the Bloodedge... he is the world's "evil".

Rachel: Such hubris. Is it really for you to decide that?

Izayoi: I follow my own justice... that's why I will destroy those who are the source... Ragna the Bloodedge... I will destroy evil... that's all there is to me facing him.

Rachel: I see, but rest easy, that dull, slovenly, incorrigible fool of a man... Ragna the Bloodedge... he is not long for this world...

Izayoi: Eh?

Rachel: Do you still not understand? Ragna the Bloodedge will "die" soon.

Izayoi: Ragna the Bloodedge will... die? ... You don't expect me to believe that and just let him go, do you?

Rachel: Fufu, I said nothing of the sort... someone like him, you could kill him anytime and it would not matter to me.

Rachel: However, I have a favour to ask of you, the one who wields Izayoi.

Izayoi: ...

Rachel If he dies...

Rachel: Then Tsubaki Yayoi, please "kill" me as well.

Taokaka:

Taokaka: Prepare yourself, green person!

Hazama: Ow, ow, ow... I've always had a bad affinity with cats.

Phantom: ......

Taokaka: Meow!? Who are mew?!

Hazama: Phantom... Nope, I'm not fooling around or anything. I'm seriously working my socks off here... ah, is the mikado calling?

Phantom: ......

Hazama: Alright, alright, I got it. Let's hurry up and go then.

Taokaka: Wait!! ... huh? He vanished?

Noel: Taokaka!! Are you ok?!

Taokaka: Ooh, lacking lady~ why are you so flustered meow?

Noel: I suddenly had this weird uneasy feeling... huh? What happened to you!? You're all beat up!

Taokaka: Hm... it's nothing! More importantly, Tao has a rumbly in her tumbly! Let's hurry up and go meet the good guy and grab something to eat!

Noel: Eh... But...

Taokaka: hurry up meow! If you don't Tao will eat your share too!

Noel: Ah, wait for me~!

Tager:

Relius: Guh, I was careless... and I still have a lot to learn...

Tager: Relius Clover... you bastard...

Kokonoe: Well done, now bind him and... what!?

Tager: What's this reaction!?

Kokonoe: It's can't be, this is...!

(Noise)

Tager: ... noe... can you hear me.... noe... Kokonoe!

Kokonoe: Hm... ah, Tager. What is it?

Tager: It's rare for you to doze off like that.

Kokonoe: Ah... yeah... You're right...

Tager: ? ... Are you ok, Kokonoe?

Kokonoe: Don't sweat it. I'm fine, just give me your report.

Tager: .... I'm unable to locate Noel Vermillion and Makoto Nanaya, and currently I'm at the outskirts of the Ibukido ruins... Can you tell Kagura to grant me access to monitors 5 through 12?

Kokonoe: ...

Tager: What's wrong?

Kokonoe: ! Wait a minute Tager, you just said you were at the Ibukido ruins? Why did you return there?

Tager: Return? What are you talking about, I've just arrived... don't tell me you're still drowsy?

Kokonoe: You've just reached? ... it can't be...

Kokonoe: The data's different... even my memory has been overwritten?

Tager: What's wrong, Kokonoe!? Did something happen over there!?

Kokonoe: ... This is phenomenon interference.

Tager: What?

Kokonoe: This... this is the Master Unit's phenomenon interference... there's no... mistaking it...

Common ending:

Kokonoe: ... Tager... come in, Tager...

Tager: This is Tager, what's wrong, Kokonoe?

Kokonoe: The situation has changed... I'm heading to your location now.

Tager: My location? Kokonoe, what are you talking about?

Kokonoe: Don't make me repeat myself. I said I'm heading towards you now. It's time for my personal debut.

Bang:

Bang: Any further resistance is futile! Ceast and desist at once!

Relius: I see... it seems I have underestimated you... I have much to learn. Furthermore... such an interesting soul... very well, allow me to enlighten you.

Relius: Nox Nyctores Rettenjou... It is an Anti Nox Nyctores... Nine of the Six Heroes created it to destroy the other Nox Nyctores... It uses the core of Kushinada's lynchpin...

Bang: Kushinada's Lynchpin?

Relius: Kushinada's Lynchpin uses a 'special type' of soul as a catalyst to activate... That's right, it is a casualty phenomenon weapon.

Relius: It also has the power to completely halt the function of seither, albeit temporaily...

Relius: If you stopped the flow of sethir... what do you think would happen to all the hierachical cities and daily life, which are so dependent on it?

Bang: You would... destroy the world itself.

Relius: Hmph... Can you imagine the consequence...? What you bear on your back.... that is the core of Kushinada's lynchpin, the bringer of ruin...

Relius: During that battle, Tenjou was hesitating over whether to use it or not.

Bang: My lord was what!?

Relius: If he did use it, he would have been able to win the Librarium... but then it could have brought about more chaos and disaster... do you understand?

Bang: You... why did you tell me all this?! What are you planning?!

Relius: ... I just want to see the flow of a soul that's burdened with something beyond what it can bear...

Relius: A most interesting demise... I'll enjoy the 'day of destruction'...

Rachel: Then Tsubaki Yayoi, please "kill" me as well.

Ragna, your Social Link with her is up!

You became friends with Rachel! Rachel will now DIE FOR YOU.

Ragna, your Social Link with her is up!

You became friends with Rachel! Rachel will now DIE FOR YOU.

I don't think that's what she meant =/, her stopping him from getting killed would level his social link up xD.

Thanks for the translations zephry =D

Hey guys. Did something happen to some of the chapters of Phase 0 that zephyr07 posted? I can't seem to find them and whenever I click the link on the first page, it just takes me to a page that doesn't have the particular chapter. For some reason only the Shuuichirou's Log's, Prologue and Epilogue chapters are still here. I hope they weren't deleted on purpose. :(

Hey guys. Did something happen to some of the chapters of Phase 0 that zephyr07 posted? I can't seem to find them and whenever I click the link on the first page, it just takes me to a page that doesn't have the particular chapter. For some reason only the Shuuichirou's Log's, Prologue and Epilogue chapters are still here. I hope they weren't deleted on purpose. :(
they where deleted and zephyr07 said he has no plan to reupload them since someone already translating them

(3)

The First District. Formerly, it had been a verdant land located in a basin surrounded by small hills.

It was here that the Susanoo Unit had been discovered, and for a few years prior to the Black Beast’s appearance it had been under the jurisdiction of the government. After progress on the excavation and investigation of the site had stalled however, the rights were sold off to a private firm, and the records about the facility after the sale were hazy and unclear.

Six years ago, the Black Beast emerged from below to wreak havoc above.

Several months after that, nuclear missiles bombarded this area.

The end result was a massive crater. The land had been gouged out, a tangible scar of the destruction that the Black Beast had wrecked on the land. All that was left was a feeling of emptiness.

“Over there.”

Looking down into the crater, Nine pointed into the heart of the void.

Although it was hard to spot, a smashed-up metal door in the centre that was large enough for a small airplane to pass through could be discerned through the veil of sand.

“In the past the research facility extended above ground as well, but…”

Nine’s voice trailed off. It was obvious that no structure could hope to withstand the twin blows that were the Black Beast and the subsequent nuclear attack.

Trinity muttered a short incantation, and a defensive barrier hummed to life around them. The slightly nauseating smell of dust and metal was replaced by sterile, odorless air.

Perhaps it was an aftereffect of the repeated nuclear strikes, but the wind had long ceased to blow on this island.

Because of that, the radiation from the fallout, plus whatever chemicals that had leaked down into the ground still hovered in the area. Entering into the site without proper safeguards would cook their insides even before they could take a step into the place.

Descending into the crater, they approached the door.

When viewed from up close, the actual enormity of it struck them.

Like a sort of cover for something, a giant door lay across the ground. Moving past that, they reached a smaller door that was next to the giant door. It was impossibly heavy and hard since it was made of metal, but they wrenched it open and entered inside.

The entrance was sturdy, like it was meant to isolate the lab from above ground. Once they had proceeded past it, it was as if they had stepped into a different world.

Metal boards were laid out everywhere, from the floor to the walls, and also the ceiling. Several places had already rusted, causing colorations here and there. The color and the smell sent shivers down their spines.

Currently, the place where Ragna and company had descended into was one end of a metallic corridor. The corridor itself was circular in nature, winding around the large hole that was the excavation site.

The interior portion of the wall had a thin mesh fence installed from the middle upwards. From that opening, the best part of the scenery that lay inside was clearly highlighted.

“That looks very deep…”

Her fingers latched on to the fence, Celica uttered while looking over on the other side of said fence.

What she saw was a massive, gaping hole of darkness, that looked like it could swallow anything and everything.

Just how deep they excavated it was unclear, but the bottom couldn’t be seen. If it weren’t for the fence, the vertigo induced just from looking at it was the sort that made you want to throw yourself into the hole.

Looking very much like something entrapping the hole, there were similar circular corridors below them that could be seen. In addition to the floor they were on, they were linked by both stairs and an elevator. It looked like the circular corridors got smaller the further down they were, making the excavation site look like a giant mortar without the pestle.

However, some of the corridors that they could see, and well as the occasional equipment installed here and there, had been cruelly destroyed. Up till six years ago they would have been well maintained and polished, but now they lay broken, degenerated objects strewn across a ruin facility.

The claw marks left by the black beast ran deep.

“That door earlier, surely it must have been placed there after the black beast appeared right~”

That was the only door that had kept its original shape. While staring at a metal beam in the distance, Trinity voiced her opinion, and Nine nodded, staring down into the deep darkness with cold eyes.

“You’re right. Most likely… it was placed there to protect the Cauldron here.”

Even if the research facility itself ceased to function, the place was still the site of the excavated cauldron, which itself was important because it was a contact point with the Boundary. Certainly, there were people out there who would seek to use it for their own gain. Nine’s tone of voice carried contempt for such people.

Just by walking down the corridor, large sounds reverberated throughout. Hearing their footsteps echo throughout a deathly silent place only added an unnecessary sense of tension.

At the same time though, the annoying sound of their own footsteps meant that aside from them, there was no one else walking down these corridors.

“Even so… I’m surprised. Back in the day, this facility was supposed to have housed the best and brightest scientific minds… but if you look closer you can see signs of alchemy being used here and there.”

A very intrigued Nine ran her hand along the wall, tracing some mysterious patterns that had been engraved upon it. Whatever formula that had been encased within it had long lost its potency, the pattern giving off no reaction whatsoever. In the end, she only succeeded in getting her fingers dirty, and she wiped off the dust disappointedly.

“This is a fusion of science and magic. If you were able to do such a thing, you should have gone into a different field to make the most of such talent. Really, it’s such a waste…”

What started off as admiration turned into a grumble.

Trinity chuckled slightly, then explained to Ragna.

“Nine’s working on such research at the Mages’ Assocation.”

“You mean fusing science and magic?”

“Yes. Of course, it’s not like she’s doing it so that she can create large scale research facilities like this~”

Nine cut her off with a snort.

Trinity giggled, lowering her head like a child that had caught playing a prank.

Nine stifled a sigh, and continued where Trinity had left off.

“… It’s not just about the building. An excavation site as large as this one shows signs of alchemy and magic being used. Or do you really think machines alones would have easily carved out such a ridiculously large hole like this one?”

“But magic is something not everyone can use… right?”

An uneasy Celica asked her sister. Celica was a mage belonging to the Mage’s Association. Nine might have been working on fusing science and magic, but Celica knew that in this era very little people acknowledged its existence, making it a rare and difficult subject.

Having said that though, it looked like Nine was right. Their surroundings was filled with formulae and techniques which were clearly influenced by magic.

“From that alone, we can conclude that the First District was involved with a deep-rooted portion of the world.”

Nine spoke in an annoyed voice. Whilst hiding it from the world, practical application for magic had been used solely to excavate this ancient artefact. It reeked of someone’s ulterior motive, and Nine didn’t like it.

As the light from the illumination flickered on and off, a disinterested Ragna stared off elsewhere while grumbling,

“Science and magic, huh… I can’t imagine them as two separate concepts.”

In Ragna’s time, which was a hundred years into the future, magic was science, and science was magic. The line between the two had blurred, giving rise to various skills and techniques. Thus the conversation between Nine and the rest sounded out of date to him, and made no sense at all.

Quite abruptly, Nine had stopped and turned back to face him. For the first time, Ragna saw a favourable side to her as she laughed.

“It would be nice if all the distinguished people in the world were as naïve as you.”

The words coming from her were the same as always. Ragna sullenly frowned.

“Fine, fine. Sorry for being so naïve.”

“That’s right. Idiots are worthless, after all.”

“Why you…”

He himself knew he wasn’t exactly the brightest, but to hear it being stated so frankly wasn’t fun at all. However, as his mouth twitched and he clenched his fist, Celica suddenly dashed off, hair flapping in the air.

“Ah, wait a minute!”

“Don’t just run off like that on your own!”

Ragna and Nine shouted at the same time. If they lost sight of Celica in such a big area now, there was no telling what kind of place she would get lost in.

However, after running for several metres she came to a halt, and started waving excitedly over at them.

“Say, this thing looks like it still works!”

Celica had discovered a spacious elevator hall that jutted out over a deep and wide cavern.

Fortunately for them, the extent of the damage done by the black beast was limited to half of the hall. The remaining half had one elevator that was slightly damaged, but the green light it continued to emit signified it was on their floor and ready for use.

Gingerly touching the thin circular frame that extended out of the ground, the sounds of machinery whirring echoed throughout as the elevator doors opened.

Nine nodded in understanding.

“Rather than slowly searching from the top down, it might be faster if went straight to the bottom.”

“Yeah, you’re right. At the very least, it doesn’t look like there’s anyone here on this floor anyway.”

Ragna performed a visual sweep of the hallway once more. From the entrance till where they were, the hallway was completely deserted, with no human, let alone any living creature’s presence. The hallway opposite them had collapsed halfway, leaving no hiding spots for anyone to conceal themselves in.

“This is all somehow a little exciting, isn’t it?”

With one eye sparkling with interest, Trinity followed Celica into the elevator. Nine and Ragna brought up the rear.

“Do you know how to operate it?”

“Of course.”

Looking up and meeting the gaze of Ragna, Celica nodded. Beside the elevator door, countless buttons were lined up. Celica pushed one and the doors closed, then she pushed another and the elevator began to descend.

The structure of the elevator may have been made by science, but what made the elevator move in actuality was the basis of alchemy, magic.

The stress-free floating sensation that was gently enveloping them was in reality none other than the elevator car itself actually floating.

Like a coil of thick wire sliding off a finger, the lift descended gently, but at a pace quick enough.

Windows the height of one’s face had been installed into the lift. Looking over his shoulder, Ragna stared into the outside.

All he could see was darkness, interspersed with rings of light passing from the bottom up reflecting a hallway they were moving past.

Looking down, he could only see darkness as well. It felt like they were being swallowed by a large, mysterious creature.

‘I wonder if my dad’s here.”

Standing on one side of Ragna, Celica softly whispered to herself.

Ragna shifted his gaze onto the girl next to him. With her hand placed against the glass clouded by years of accumulated dust to support herself, Celica’s stared into the darkness, her gaze looking like one of prayer.

Actually, she may have been actually praying. Praying for her father’s safety, his innocence, that they could have a pure and simple reunion.

“… That’s what you came here to confirm, isn’t it?”

“Yeah… that’s right.”

Celica’s lips trembled ever so slightly. Just from seeing that slight change in expression, it brought about a feeling in Ragna like his chest had gone numb.

Why did he feel this way? Whenever he looked at Celica it occasionally caused excessively painful sentiments to pass through his chest.

Looking at her profile, he could see expectation and unease reflected in her eyes. Upon seeing that, Ragna found that he had unknowingly raised his fingers.

He wasn’t sure if he was going to lay his hands on her, but somehow or other he wanted to cheer her up with something more than an “It’s going to be ok.”

However before Ragna could place a comforting hand on her slim shoulders, the elevator, which had been descending without a hitch thus far, started shaking and came to a halt with the sound of metal creaking in the background.