Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zephyr07

Blazblue: Short Stories and Novel Discussion

I wonder if there will be a time that we can read what you've translated again, tis sad that your not posting them cause of idiotic people.

Yeah. They announced a second novel in the latest BuruRaji. It's about Terumi.

Zen United have tweeted they are willing to publish BlazBlue: Phase 0 if there is enough demand for it.

Send an email to "info@zen-united.biz", or message them on twitter/facebook and register your interest asap.

Yeah. They announced a second novel in the latest BuruRaji. It's about Terumi.

*prepares thesis guide* I KNEW IT! It's about time we got into Terumi's background story! I felt something under my skin that something was missing. The purpose, the hate, anything about him is like a huge plothole. So many questions answered when this get released in March 2011.

In the meantime, I'll be re-reading into chapter 1 and 2 in Phase 0. Thanks zephyr07 for translating! Keep up the good work!

Hopefully our smooth troll friend doesn't have one of those typical tragic backstories most villains have. He deserves something more epic.

Didn't Hazama already mention in CS story mode (in Hakumen's or his own. I can't remember) that he does everything for the lulz? Besides, Mori in an interview described him as "a heinous fiend with no sympathetic qualities". I don't think he (or Relius for that matter) is going to end up being a tragic, misunderstood figure like other types of villains would be.

Zen United have tweeted they are willing to publish BlazBlue: Phase 0 if there is enough demand for it.

Send an email to "info@zen-united.biz", or message them on twitter/facebook and register your interest asap.

Zen United? Don't they publish BB in Europe?

Didn't Hazama already mention in CS story mode (in Hakumen's or his own. I can't remember) that he does everything for the lulz? Besides, Mori in an interview described him as "a heinous fiend with no sympathetic qualities". I don't think he (or Relius for that matter) is going to end up being a tragic, misunderstood figure like other types of villains would be.

The way he talks in CS, seems like he's been around since the dawn of time or something.

Thanks for posting again... If you have read far enough, could you list Jubei's abilitys, if the book actually describes anything.

Jubei just slashes with his katana and claws. But after he loses his eye to the black beast he starts putting the katana in his mouth.

Thank you so much, can't wait for any new suff....that is if your planning on releasing any new stuff =D, either way thank you.

Figured I'd ask, but I haven't seen Zephyr in a while. I'd assume he's busy with real life, but well, some of us are and some of us aren't.

Well, BlazBlue: Phase Shift 1 is now out in Japan. A couple people have read it and posted details on Japanese boards, but it's still a bit difficult for me to figure out exactly what's going on in it, so bear with me.

It's set before Phase 0, and apparantly ends in the place where Caelica finds Ragna.

The main character is Kazuma, a young student of the Magic guild that looks like Hazama. Caelica apparantly dislikes him and feels uncomfortable being around him. It seems that he's actually not human, and was created by Relius to act as a new body for Terumi (who it seems loses his previous body whenever the Black Beast appears and vanishes). Terumi doesn't take over the body, rather he needs to form a mutual pact with Kazuma and fuse with him.

To try and stop that, Mitsuyoshi's younger brother, Tomonori, goes after Kazuma to kill him. He arrives too late and Terumi has already obtained the body. Terumi uses Ouroboros (probably not made by Nine) to kill Tomonori, but then gets defeated by Mitsuyoshi, Valkenhayn, and is sealed away by Clavis until the Dark War, when Nine disregards the potential danger and unseals him. She uses a restricting compulsion spell on him called "Ruby: Mind Eater" that basically makes him a puppet that has to follow her orders and help them defeat the Black Beast.

At least, that's what I can gather from some early impressions. Take it with a grain of salt for the time being, things should become more clear within a few days.

Thank you so much for providing this. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

I-I'm trying to find a way to order a copy of this since, yea. THANK YOU AGAIN. QAQ

*continues to stalk thread*

Thanks for the translation.

That's... tons different to what I thought it would be about, not that that's bad~

More stuff.

Dialogue from the book: "Light will shine down from heaven as the city burns, and a goddess of imagination and destruction will arise."

There's also been some speculation regarding how Terumi may have progressed from body to body, such as "original body -> Susano'o Unit -> temporary body -> Kazuma", or that he might have just originally been the Susano'o Unit, or that he maybe didn't have an original body at all and is only a spiritual entity. At any rate, when the story starts, he's already lost/discarded whatever his original body was.

That's it for now.

Edit: More info. This seems to clarify the situation a bit.

Kazuma Kval (カズマ=クヴァル, Kazuma Kuvaru)

Kazuma was a student at the Magic Guild who had lost his memory seven years earlier, while traveling the world under the tutelage of Relius Clover. He was quiet and frail, disliked physical activity, and preferred to stay indoors, reading. Kazuma occasionally experienced auditory hallucinations or had visions of someone appearing in his dreams, and feared what truths may have hidden in his past, so he wasn't eager to regain his memories.

In truth, Kazuma was actually created by Relius to act as a vessel for Yuuki Terumi, and is now the body known as "Hazama". In the year 2100, after Terumi's spirit form was damaged by the Black Beast, Kazuma was sent to the Magic Guild to keep his memories safe while Terumi recovered. "Kazuma" was not Terumi, nor was he a completely different character, and upon merging with Terumi loudly declared, "I've taken it back."

Tomonori (トモノリ)

Tomonori was a white-haired cat beastkin and Mitsuyoshi's younger brother. He was a proud and reticent man of "faith" who believed he could do anything he set his mind to, no matter how dangerous. Banding together with Clavis Alucard in an effort to kill Kazuma and Terumi, he wielded the time-carving blade "Hihiirokane" and rushed into the jaws of death.

Note: I've got no idea how Kuvaru is supposed to be romanized. Kvar, Kval, Kvale, Kuvar, Cuvalle... No idea.