Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zephyr07

Blazblue: Short Stories and Novel Discussion

but didnt hazama kill her? unless she can raise the dead... shes dead.

:l

Do you guys even read the story modes of the games whose stories you try to discuss?

but didnt hazama kill her? unless she can raise the dead... shes dead.

:l

Yeah, I know that much but I'm willing to bet that Phantom will be revealed to be Nine. Just because something is said it doesn't have to be necessarily true, plot-twists and shit. Just this gut feeling that I have XD

To be honest, if Phantom is Nine (which is most likely in my opinion due to Valkenhayn and Jubei's reactions in CS), she's probably not really Nine mentally, just physically, and hell, maybe not even physically anymore. She has no arms, and the majority of her body is obscured. I'm willing to bet Relius played around with her body before they turned her into Phantom or when Terumi killed her he just ripped her to shit. Nine's being constantly controlled by ether Saya, Hazama or Relius, so I doubt she'd become playable, as she seems to have little will of her own so far.

The theory I've been seeing lately on jbbs is that Terumi put her under a restricting compulsion spell and turned her into a puppet as payback for her doing the same to him during the Dark War. Who knows?

About Nine, this is the kind of story where you can "will yourself to life" and have "life link" formed between 2 people just by staring at each other, so anything can happen (sensical story be damned).

As for new characters, I want more duodecim fellows, at least the one who's currently in charge of governing Ikaruga. Preferrably mature men/women rather than youngsters like Jin or Tsubaki.

As for new characters, I want more duodecim fellows, at least the one who's currently in charge of governing Ikaruga. Preferrably mature men/women rather than youngsters like Jin or Tsubaki.

I'm also expecting more of the families to have a playable rep... is there any information about them in the materials collection? are they all human?

Didn't they mention something about Bang's Master's body disappearing or something? Maybe he'll be making a comeback.

I'm also expecting more of the families to have a playable rep... is there any information about them in the materials collection? are they all human?

There's a Teach Me Miss Litchi Reloaded episode on them which iirc is basically what was in the CT material collection. All I know is the family names, they're elites/nobles, and that they don't like the Kisaragi and Yayoi family for different reasons but the Kisaragi and Yayoi families get along well.

So does Phase Shift 1 take place during the Black Beast's rampage? Then the timeline of events would be something like Black Beast appears and Terumi dies/is separated from his body (not sure about this)--> blah blah Black Beast does its thing-->events of PS1--> Nine unseals Terumi and commands him--> events of P0--> Black Beast goes into hibernation--> blah blah rest of Dark War and victory.

If PS1 happens before the Black Beast appears, I got nothing.

However, Its also unclear how the other half ended up on Nu, because the BlackB/Grimoire was buried in the church.

The Black Beast was separated into two halves: the body (which Ragna has) and the heart (which Nu has). Probably to lessen the risk in case it ever revived, since without the heart the Black Beast is mostly passive, as shown in Ragna's bad ending.

So does Phase Shift 1 take place during the Black Beast's rampage?

I think so, from what I've heard the reason Terumi needs Kazuma as a new body is because of some sort of adverse effect the Black Beast's presence has on his current one at the time.

I haven't finished reading the book yet but I just wanted to explain the pictures. Feel free to correct me for the ones who have read the book. (´・ω・`;)

http://i.imgur.com/3vdFJ.png

This doesn't really happen at the first part of the story, it's somewhere within Chapter 2. After Kazuma woke up from bed, he meets Terumi who sits down by his window. Terumi lures Kazuma into the word "Ao" (Azure) 【蒼】 where he describes it as it can do anything; along with restoring his memories. I think this is what triggered Kazuma into slowly becoming insane. Terumi introduces himself and the way he speaks to Kazuma is like how you would to a very close friend. He even calls him Kazuma-chan.

http://i.imgur.com/syb33.png

Happens somewhere middle of the book. Trinity invites Kazuma over for tea for some bonding. Caelica and Nine were already ahead in the table. Kazuma brings up the topic of Shuuichirou Ayatsuki (Caelica and Nine's dad) and the two sisters start arguing. Nine demands on making Caelica stop calling him "father" since he never acted as their father. This goes on until they hit the table, the cup tips over and Royal Milk Tea falls onto Trinity's clothes and glasses.

http://i.imgur.com/AEWOx.png

Here, we see Kazuma looking through his window. This is after him waking up from a dream. His dreams are usually composed of someone (I can assume this is Terumi and Ragna) talking and fighting. He assumes that it's all part of his memories which he had all forgotten. Btw, the place their on is called "Ishana" 【イシャナ】 (I have no idea how you romanize that or if that name appeared elsewhere) but since it's not called Ishana often, most people call it the "Madou Shoukai" 【魔道協会】 (translated to Magic Association).

http://i.imgur.com/oQyil.png

Nine apparently got into the "Juu Tsusei" (Holy Ten) 【十聖】 so making her title "Juu Tsusei no Nine" (Nine of the Holy Ten) 【十聖のナイン】. Caelica remarks that even though Nine gets a new title, she'll always be Nine's younger sister. Nine hugs her (hence picture) and says, "Of course! I'll always be your older sister." As a celebration, they go to the cafeteria as Caelica says that she'll treat them all to custard.

http://i.imgur.com/TQVfP.png

Kazuma eats in the cafeteria. He orders his favorite lunch C (which coincidentally contains an egg) and in the pic we see him raise an egg up. Though it's not clear in the picture, he has this really wide grin on. He calls the egg beautiful and admires it some more. Trinity, Nine, and Caelica joins him for lunch in attempts to know him better. Oh, the four of them are all classmates by the way. It's also stated that prior to this, Trinity and Kazuma actually had short conversations together. Nine has no idea who Kazuma was and even said, "We had a guy like him in class?". Caelica comments on how mean Nine is acting and Trinity tried to calm them both down. After a while, Nine and Caelica both left the table and argued. Nine asks why Caelica wanted to spend time with a guy such as Kazuma and even calls him "a guy with an idiotic look". Despite them being far away from the dining table, Trinity and Kazuma both hear what the both of them were saying. Kazuma just silently sat on his chair while this continued.

When they both finally came back to the table, obviously Kazuma started to feel bad and look sick. Caelica, in worry, brought a hand to his forehead to check and Kazuma slapped it off. He doesn't want to get touched. Kazuma started to get dizzy and Caelica offered help to bring him to the clinic but Kazuma insisted that he'll be going alone instead.

http://i.imgur.com/mpxED.png

Before this picture, while Kazuma was on his way back to the dorm he was being attacked by Tomonori. Kazuma gets wounded but before killing him completely, Tomonori drew his sword(s) back into his sheath and jumped off. Caelica, Trinity and Nine conveniently appeared out of nowhere and Caelica heals Kazuma's wound. How? Apparently, Nine felt some weird presence from where Kazuma was so the three of them decided to go there and check it out to see a wounded, bleeding Kazuma. After that scene, Rachel appears before Tomonori through the request of her father. "Not protecting your master's wishes. What kind of pet are you?" Rachel asks. Tomonori seems to know something but chooses not to say so and with that, Rachel just left.

http://i.imgur.com/qEyMi.png

After meeting Terumi (please refer to first illustration) for the first time and hearing the word Azure, Kazuma decided to look it up. Also, even Kazuma never had the chance to see what's really under Terumi's hood so yea. Kazuma asked what the Azure is but to his dismay, Terumi played vague and told him to look it up himself. After class, Kazuma went straight to the library and started looking it up. Trinity came down and checked up on him since Kazuma cut class (for the first time) and was worried if something came up. Kazuma chose not to disclose information about what he wanted and said that, "I'm done looking for what I wanted." and left in order not spend more with Trinity.

http://i.imgur.com/Nhe56.jpg

I found this part to be a very important portion of the book. As Kazuma and Terumi were both walking back to the dorm from school, they stopped over on a bench and were greeted by these uh things. Terumi called them a "Han-Shishi Jin" 【半獣人】 (Half-beastkin) who are neither human nor beast. And before they realized it, they were surrounded. Kazuma started to be attacked by these things as Terumi was just sitting over the bench and watching. Kazuma started to ask for his help and Terumi was just feeling lazy. But after a change of heart and "If you die, it will cause problems for me too." He stepped in and fought the things. Kazuma remarks on how strong Terumi is and said, "Isn't it obvious? You too can become strong you know." Kazuma asks how and Terumi says, "You'll find out once you get there." Also while this scene, apparently in return of Terumi protecting Kazuma from the things, Terumi asked Kazuma to promise that "he'll attain the azure." Kazuma thought to himself that if he didn't, he'd die on the spot so he promised what he was asked for. Terumi replied, "You better not forget that."

After that they both reach the dorm and someone knocks on the door and Kazuma answers it; it's Trinity. Apparently having a girl inside the guy's dorm room isn't banned but Trinity (being one of the looked up girls in the whole school) seen inside Kazuma's place would bring a fit into his class so he decided to talk to her outside. Trinity says that she was worried about Kazuma since she felt another presence near his place. Kazuma nods and says that nothing happened so there was nothing to worry about. Trinity didn't budge further and left. Once Kazuma went back to his room, Terumi said that Trinity was actually observing him.

Scene shifts to Mitsuyoshi and Tomonori talking about their missions in life. Tomonori has the "Hihi-iro kane" 【刻殺しの刀】 which hasn't been fully explained yet. Tomonori leaves and moves to his mission. (This part was extremely short tbh.) After that scene, we see Trinity inviting Kazuma over for tea at this part of the book. Please refer to the second paragraph for info with that happened. While they eat togehter, Kazuma starts to doubt what Terumi says about Trinity observing him due to her natural kindness.

So far that's how far I've read into the book. All I can say is that, this novel is wow. Teru/Kazu everywhere. Though this summary was short and I'm pretty sure I forgot details here and there, I'll try to fix this and make a continuation once I'm done.

---

To add info about what Suzaku is saying about Trinity's name.

http://i.imgur.com/vanlF.jpg

This certain part of the book shows 白金の錬金術師 but it's read as Platinum the Trinity. It's just to clear things up.

Edits:

* Changed Juu Hijiri => Juu Tsusei.

* Added info about Trinity's name.

* Changed half-beast people => half-beastkin. Thank you Suzaku!

Yaaay. Thanks for all the information Michi :D

...the more I read about Phase Shift, the more I want to read it for myself and the more I feel sorry for Kazuma. Too bad it'll probably never be translated into English >3<

Another note. Hihiirokane is Tomonori's sword (called a time-halting sword or time-cutting sword, I can't remember the term off-hand), but the word "Hihiirokane" is actually a mythological Japanese metal, similar in concept to Mythril. In that old BlazBlue X Curegos cosplay thing, it was stated that the metal plate on Hakumen's chest is made out of that type of metal.

I believe the official translation for 半獣人 is "half-beastkin", at least, I think they started using "beastkin" in BBCS.

Thanks for the summary!

Another note. Hihiirokane is Tomonori's sword (called a time-halting sword or time-cutting sword, I can't remember the term off-hand), but the word "Hihiirokane" is actually a mythological Japanese metal, similar in concept to Mythril. In that old BlazBlue X Curegos cosplay thing, it was stated that the metal plate on Hakumen's chest is made out of that type of metal.

I believe the official translation for 半獣人 is "half-beastkin", at least, I think they started using "beastkin" in BBCS.

Thanks for the summary!

Thank you so much! Tbh was waiting for you to check what ever translations I've done. ;u;b Will go edit nao.

Suzaku or Michi is there any information on the other types of beastkin in BB world? are they all furry animals?

Not so familiar with the beastkin. But as far as I know people like Makoto are beastkin. So I guess beings who are half-beast, half-human are considered. If you're referring to the one in the Phase Shift 1 novel, they're completely different beings. "Half" beastkin; neither beast, neither human as described by Terumi in the novel itself.

Also, almost done reading the novel. Currently stuck at fusion part, dear me.

Since we all know that Kazuma slowly turns manic I can roughly explain how.

If you guys were expecting something like Kazuma starts denying his own existence thus going insane then sad to say but that wasn't how it happened. Kazuma wasn't exactly mind-controlled by Terumi. It was more of something like manipulation but pretty vague. Kazuma seemed to have his own will and it's clearly stressed that Kazuma really wants his memories back. Terumi saying that the Azure can return Kazuma's everything made Kazuma started to yearn for the Azure. This also includes blocking out people from his path which included Caelica and Trinity.

Continuation:

http://i.imgur.com/jz0Tm.png

Kazuma calls Caelica out and they talk about Caelica's father. Kazuma first asks if Caelica told her sister about this but she said no. Kazuma starts to bring up the topic of how important Ayatsuki is to the realm of magic. Due to Caelica's fidgeting and insecurity, Kazuma had a clue that Caelica really wanted to go look for her dad. Basically by the end, Kazuma tells Caelica that if she really wanted to look for her father; no one is stopping her. They also settled that Ayatsuki is still alive. It seems like anyone can go to Japan so Caelica considered that and she left. Shortly after, Nine bombards Kazuma's room and asks for the whereabouts of Caelica (Trinity was there, too).

http://i.imgur.com/Aaleg.png

Kazuma lied by saying that he doesn't know wherever Caelica is. Nine threatens him some more to the point where she was about to kill him. There was a signal calling the Holy Ten so Nine had no choice but to leave (this concerns about the spread of seithr in Ishana) for a meeting. When Trinity and Nine leaves, Kazuma starts to laugh maniacally about how serious the two looked and he found it hilarious. He was also aiming for the Azure. Holy Ten talks about the spread of seithr in Ishana which is known to be one of the safest place due to the presence of magic. They discuss about a way to

Kazuma and Trinity meet up one more time while Trinity is trying her very best to bring Kazuma "back". Kazuma retorted with how he knew that Trinity was observing him all along due to the request of Nine. Trinity replies that, yes, she did it because of a request of Nine but at the same time she wanted to know Kazuma better that's why she kept an eye on him most of the time. She said stuff like the Kazuma she knew was kind and such an amazing person. Kazuma pretended that he was sorry for what he did (Trinity knew about him talking Caelica to go to Japan) but instead he placed a hand on Trinity's head and blew her off. She hit the stairs and fell unconscious (no mention of blood but yea, I think it's safe to assume that Trinity either died or just went unconscious). Kazuma mocks about how Trinity's stupidity might stick on him but instead laughs and finished off with, "Haha, but you're not listening anyway!"

Kazuma continues into the chapel where Trinity told him not to go into and inside he sees a room with a high ceiling. I believe this was what he was talking about. http://i.imgur.com/V3uYf.png Kazuma feels like nothing can stop him from attaining the azure.

He sees Terumi once again and they talk. Terumi tells him that once he gets the azure, there's no turning back; there's no time for him to regret. Kazuma replies with that he lived his life to figure out who he actually is, why he's here and everything that happened from beyond seven years ago. Okay fuck this.

My true self.

My ideal self.

Even if I don't see Terumi's shadow, I can tell that Terumi is smiling.

"So if that's the case, it's right over there you know?"

"Right over there?"

"It's there. There, there. See, it's right beside you."

"Right under your footsteps."

So after that line, Kazuma felt he was being enveloped by heat which he described that it was similar to a snake. I'll skip the details of the fusion because it's too TeruKazu to explain but basically they both started to share the same shadow. It's quite confusing because you can still see them sharing dialogue but it's mostly an explanation of what Kazuma truly is. So yea, he's an artificially created being to become the body of Yuuki Terumi. Btw, Terumi asked Relius make him the body and I stopped reading there due to excessive fangirling and intense rereading of that one part (I'm being honest).

But I can tell that up next would be Tomonori's time to shine.

I apologize for the lack of info but yea this is merely a summary (I'm biased) and this is the info that I could really get from the parts of the book. But if you guys want to connect this with the game story be my guest.

As usual, people who have read the book feel free to correct me with translations, misinformation and stuff. I could have ended up over-reading.

I stopped reading there due to excessive fangirling and intense rereading of that one part (I'm being honest).

We really need a cure for this....

Suzaku or Michi is there any information on the other types of beastkin in BB world? are they all furry animals?

You can see a dude with a bird head in one of the game's stages, if that counts.

We really need a cure for this....

Going to start roughly translating the last chapter of the novel. Is that alright?

Thanks for the info again, Michi! :D

saoidajid I wanted to know about the fusion bit though~ But I know I'd end up fangirlling like hell for ages as well >o>

I got some BB fanfics ideas. but i'm having trouble writing Rachel. I can do everyone else fine.

Can anyone help me with Rachel's character?

Going to start roughly translating the last chapter of the novel. Is that alright?

Just gonna add on to what michi wrote. kazuma and teruumi share the same body during the fight with tomonori, but as it progresses terumi takes over it until he becomes the dominant personality. After kazuma says " i understand now. I understand everything now. I've finally gotten back these 6 years..." and then he(terumi) starts laughing that hyahaha laugh. The body is still refered to as kazuma all the way till the last part of the 4th subchapter of chapter 6, where it's written kazuma but the furigana becomes terumi.

Tomonori doesn't really shine... seems that's the fate of all cat beastkins prior to the dark war. - -' His sword is pretty nifty though. Kazuma/terumi fear it because it can cut the intangible; i.e he hits kazuma, terumi dies. This may also be a partial trigger for terumi to take over kazuma's body. So, they fight, kazuma/terumi wins, trolls the corpse of tomonori a bit, then rachel and valk teleport in. kazuma recognises him, then realises that it's actually someone from Terumi's memories. Valk oneshots kazuma/terumi, and i think they take tomonori's body back.

Then I stopped reading. Hope this helps somewhat.

EDIT: there's lots of horrible innuendo in there. maybe unintentionally, but when stuff like

kazuma: " -ah, I'm coming"

terumi: "yes, please come"

occurs... :vbang: (it makes sense in context)