Sign in to follow this  
AtTheGates

Rise from your Grave: AC Chipp matchup thread

RIIISE, FROM YOUR GRAVE!!!

after the old matchup thread got deleted, it's time for a new one.

First couple of posts will have a placeholder function, so we can move the relevant info to the beginning. UPDATE: feel free to post your full matchup breakdowns.

a healthy discussion is encouraged, and if we can draw valid conclusions, they will be moved to the first couple of placeholder posts.

Overview - Matchups

(matchups will be broken up in detail at later time)

Good Matchups:

Dizzy

- most of your normals rape her. you can abuse 5HS, 6p, 5p, 5k, 2s, 2hs in most situations, 5hs, 5p and 2hs especially as anti air.

- dizzy cannot use her frametraps against chipp, period. all frametraps she has are too slow and either trade or get beaten by your fastest moves (2p,s©, and even 5k depending on distance).

- dizzy needs to play a runaway game so she can find time to setup fishes etc. chipp's movement makes this incredibly hard for her (alpha on reaction for example, and teleports of course) - she needs to take risks because of this, which is to our advantage.

- does not have a safe (no-tension) reversal.

Venom

- While chipp has the same problems escaping a venom pin any other char has, he makes up for it in the zoning phase. Much like dizzy, venom needs to set up his projectiles so he can play effectively. Chipp's teleports and his movement force venom to play very safe. otherwise, tele + alpha = ouch!

- like dizzy, venom does not have a reversal.

Bad matchups:

Potemkin

- not much to say here, the formula is: damage > movement. You can run and jump all you want, but IF you get caught it can be over in the blink of an eye.

Faust

- crazy range and zoning, makes it very hard for Chipp to get close. While Chipp does have excellent movement, Faust can still negate that to some degree.

- Faust's normals do particularly well against Chipp - s(f) and j.HS come to mind, among others.

Baiken

- Chipp really suffers from his bad abare in this matchup - remember, okizeme is of less importance against Baiken, so what we have to watch out for is doing damage in the zoning phase - which is rather hard, except if you fish for j.D counterhits like a scrub (and then eat tatami CHs).

- people who claim that chipp should simply abuse jump cancel moves have no clue what they are talking about :)

more to come - please comment / object / add.

SOL

general

- if you instant block bandit bringer you can punish with a s© against crouching sol - big combo into 5hs, tk alpha, \/, s,hs, tk alpha and so on.

- slashback or 6p bandit revolver

ground game

- concentrate on sol's s(f), 2d and 5hs ranges. normals that can beat them will be added later.

anti air

- do not use 6p or 5p against sol's j.hs - it's a ridiculous move. instead, try a very early 2hs to hit him in the startup or even before that.

HOS

general

- if HOS uses gunblaze mixup on you, IF you want to throw, throw with 6+S+HS so that you faultless defense in case he did a gunblaze and ended up behind you.

- learn to slashback (or at least instant block) 6hs - punishment is rather difficult, i suggest defensive maneuvers after that (sounds nice, eh? defensive maneuvers!!)

- do not use leaf throw at all - the standard "leaf throw -> enemy jumps -> air grab" does not work against HOS because of his small jump - if he jumps back, he can hit you with j.HS while you recovery from leaf throw.

- Taking it into the air is not a bad idea against peg-legged HOS. abuse triple jump, take your time, and don't overabuse j.D. While HOS' anti air options aren't the best, he can still do whacky shit like gunblaze.

ground game

- use 5k as much as possible, hands down the best move in this matchup.

-> 5k is faster than HOS' 2s (one of his most important normals) and can go through rock it.

-> gatling into 2d from a max range 5k into superjump j.k FDC drop mixup.

- be wary of running jump, instant airdash, 6hs, rockit and fafnir - those are the moves with the longest range he has. If you want to stick to the ground, zoning HOS can be dangerous. Stay patient and try to bait moves with run, FD brake.

anti air

- HOS' air priority is insane. running jump, j.P x N and normal j.HS are very hard to counter and a counterhit j.HS is a lot of pain. If you want to anti air, you either have to guess and do a an early 2hs or a beta blade (which frequently clashes with his j.HS) - both are bad options. You can try "substitute" anti airs, like an 8-jump, so he lands below you (and you on top of him). Against an airborne HOS, backdash is rather risky because of HOS' forward momentum.

- be patient when blocking jumpins - hos has long air to ground blockstrings with fuzzy guard (if you switch from high to low block, you will get hit because your hitbox "lags behind").

AXL

general

- if you air instant block Axl's 6hs (from the ground, jump into his direction, immediately block), you have a good chance for a guaranteed throw

-> you can also try and slashback 6hs if the Axl uses it in a predictable manner (for example after a 2hs[2] on block)

- crossup mixup vs. axl can be a pain because his counters have auto turn. Sidenote: crossups cannot be meaty, so if the Axl reversals, he will get a counter out 100%.

- Axl has relatively slow normals (his fastest normal is 5k, 6 frames of startup), so you can put on a lot of pressure with s© rushes

- Be careful with backdashes, especially after you have been anti-aired: when Axl lands before you do, and you reversal backdash, he can still hit you easily in your recovery if he did a meaty chain.

ground game

- if you can bait a rensen by zoning him, you can dash in and punish.

- use teleports wisely (especially K teleport) - but be careful with air teleports since he can do 2s and does not have to decide if you appear left or right of him.

- zoning axl on the ground takes a lot of patience. Remember, he's fine with sitting around throwing his chains - you have to provoke him into doing something that enables you to close in on him. TK Alpha can be nice to surprise him, but if it's blocked, you're fucked.

- Axl's 5k beats many of chipp's moves - be careful when trying to fight back after an instant blocked axl 6hs.

- if you are rushed by axl (without tension), and you anticipate any other move than rensen, jump back. If he did the crossup jump move, you can air throw him. if he did command throw or command throw fake, air dash (whatever direction is best).

--> a good thing to do against his command throw fake is an IAD forwards - it's hard to condition yourself to do it, though.

anti air

- use 2HS to counter axl's far air attacks - if you get a trade, you still benefit from the CH a lot - and believe it or not, 2hs often beats out axl's air to ground moves.

- do NOT try to attack after you blocked or instant blocked axl bomber. The frame advantage is insanely high for Axl. It's a guessing game afterwards - you can jump out after bomber, but if he knows this, he can AA you of course.

Originally posted by Lil Majin

need some advice fellow chipp players:

How do you guys deal with JA? Next month I'll once again be up against the best JA alive (Doren2k) in a tourney. At SE-R2, I got destroyed 4-0 (2casuals+2tourney). Here are a couple of things that I already know about this matchup:

Dealing with Puffballs

---------------------

-6P (at the right time) beats all puffballs for CH. Risk outweighs the reward especially if you don't have 25% tension to land a punishing combo.

-236P goes under all puffballs when he crouches. If you do the command too late, then you'll die.....literally.

-2369P goes under all puffballs for CH into a nasty combo.

-22D can land right behind her for a \/ j.HS into ground combo or \/ j.HS->236P-FRC combo

-623S.......obviously, but all you get is a knockdown that most of the time puts her into the corner, which isn't good (she can parry all okizeme jump-ins on reaction and she has a shoryuken to deal with any wakeup pressure (because you can't do any crossups))

As far as puffball goes, Chipp shouldn't get hit by random FB PB or regular PB attempts because he has many effective ways around them.

Chipp vs Jam's Ground Game

-------------------------------

-5K beats all of her mid/high normals at about 1.5 character spaces away. Trades with 2S up close....not good.

-6P beats/clashes with her 623K so if you expect a wakeup shoryuken from her, then plz 6P her ass for the CH!!

-6P beats her 5S

Chipp can easily deal with Jam on the ground. Just don't throw out slow moves that'll get FB PBed and keep your guard strings safe. Don't do 2D->rekka because the rekka can be parried and punished on reaction. She can easily take the fight to the air by iad'ing and landing behind you. When she iads at you, just crouch first then air throw or 2H/5P; don't use 6P because she'll go right over you then punish severly.

Chipp vs Jam's Air Game

---------------------------

-6P can beat any jump-in that Jam has unless they are meaty (j.2K, j.HS, and j.214K come to mind)

-5P/2H can beat any jump in she's got for the most part. Just don't use em against an obvious j.214K because that'll get you CHed into death.

-crouch then airthrow beats iad attacks as well as 5P/2H. If you have to, then shoryken her jumpin as.

Jam can't really jump at chipp but remember that ALL of her good jump-in's like j.S and j.HS are like 6frames or less so they'll beat any jump-in that Chipp can throw out. Don't jump at Jam out in the open because she can CH j.S for a devasting combo. Be very cautious about airthrowing Jam because if you mess up, then you'll get CHed by her j.HS or j.S which both lead to devastating combos especially by the wall. Her random game is one of the best in the game like Slayer's because if you get so much as poked by a simple 2K, then you'll lose half-life or more.

Let's look at some basic stats for this matchup:

CHvsJA

Abare - Jam wins hands down. If any random attack connects on Chipp then he's losing a TON of life without the use of tension whereas if Chipp randomly hits Jam, then the damage varies from "absolute shit" to "moderate" depending on tension.

Ground Game - Jam still wins because although Chipp's 5K can beat all of her high/mid attacks, he doesn't get near as much damage potential. Abare plays a big role in this.

Air Game - Jam wins hands down because air to air, her j.S/HS beat all of Chipp's jump-ins. Even though it's unsafe for her to jump against chipp, the threat of 5P,2H,6P,DP isn't enough to stop her from jumping while the threat of corner airthrow into 6H loop, j.S/HS, 2H has the damage potential to keep chipp from jumping at all.

Okizeme- Jam also wins this hands down. Both characters have absurd mixup capabilities, but Jam has a great parry, good overdrives, and a DP to kill most of Chipp's wakeup game while severly damaging him in the process if makes a simple mistake. All that Chipp has to counter jam on his wakeup is his one-hit DP, which can be parried or even FB PBed on reaction. Damage wise, both characters can really hurt each other after a successful mixup; however, Jam's mixups are more "foolproof" because she can FUCKING CROSSUP WITH A FUCKING SHORYU!!! UNSTOPPABLE!!....and they can evidently hurt more (Jam 6H loop)

Offense - You kidding me? Jam can raise the guardbar to flashing in 2 seconds!!! Chipp's offense is certainly good, but if he makes one mistake (which will most certainly happen if you're a human) then it's over. Jam wins hands down.

Defense - Jam can turtle her ass off or rush YOUR SHIT DOWN!! Plus Chipp's life leaves him a lot quicker generally and inevitably (when you get tapped by a 2K or thrown). Jam wins.......

Chipp vs Jam looks hopeless for him on paper but like all bad matchups, it's winnable. Just gotta play smart and very patient.

Like I said....I need advice still. The above is what I already know about the matchup. Any other advice on this horrible matchup is greatly appreciated!!

This is my take on the horrid CHvsJA matchup.

Faust

- crazy range and zoning, makes it very hard for Chipp to get close. While Chipp does have excellent movement, Faust can still negate that to some degree.

- Faust's normals do particularly well against Chipp - s(f) and j.HS come to mind, among others.

I'm not quite sure - We've got a pretty good Faust player locally, and somehow I always beat him. Especially since as soon as he gives in and tries to pogo stick vs jump-in pressure, you can immediately FD cancel and punish with Zansei Roga =D

Both his nani ka deru kana and the HCF+K move are punishable by FRC teleport CH j.d, and his j.HS loses pretty badly to beta blade...

...plus apparently the people over on the Faust board all cry about playing vs Chipp =D

I'm not quite sure - We've got a pretty good Faust player locally, and somehow I always beat him. Especially since as soon as he gives in and tries to pogo stick vs jump-in pressure, you can immediately FD cancel and punish with Zansei Roga =D

Both his nani ka deru kana and the HCF+K move are punishable by FRC teleport CH j.d, and his j.HS loses pretty badly to beta blade...

...plus apparently the people over on the Faust board all cry about playing vs Chipp =D

faust's j.hs is not a jump in. also, i never heard of pogo being an anti air.

and btw, most jumpins lose pretty badly to fully invincible anti airs... (some exceptions, but then you'll get a clash, which is fine).

faust's j.hs is not a jump in. also, i never heard of pogo being an anti air.

Sorry, I got his j.hs confused with j.s >_>

My oppies were using pogo gatlinged from 6p/2s, I think it was. I take it that's not a common tactic :psyduck:

Possibly have any tips vs I-No and May? Our local May player has this tendency to rape me with just a sliver of life-bar left, so I need to up my game vs him just *little* more... :( I-No's attacks have a nasty habit of going through 6p/2d/5k, and I just haven't managed to get enough practice against a player to come up with something useful :( I know that according to the I-No board CH is their worst matchup, but since I-No is the only CPU opponent that I still have problems with besides PO (-_-), I'm obviously missing something here =P

Possibly have any tips vs I-No and May?

Our local May player has this tendency to rape me with just a sliver of life-bar left, so I need to up my game vs him just *little* more... :(

I-No's attacks have a nasty habit of going through 6p/2d/5k, and I just haven't managed to get enough practice against a player to come up with something useful :(

I know that according to the I-No board CH is their worst matchup, but since I-No is the only CPU opponent that I still have problems with besides PO (-_-), I'm obviously missing something here =P

which of i-no's attacks beat your 6p? you should beat anything out of the hoverdash. alternatively, try 5p or 5hs (5hs is a nice poke)

against may: many of her moves have weird properties, like her 5hs - evades lows on some frames. that move beats your 2d. and be careful in air-to-air combat against may - her j.HS is absolutely ridiculous, both in hitbox and damage potential.

did you try 5k against may? can't remember if it is reliable.

also, you can 6p her horizontal dolphins, but you probably know that ;)

5k against may isn't too reliable. Just make sure you time 5k just right after s© or rekka, or else get ready to eat a 2d into dolphin. From neutral state, it's best to dash in with 2s because it beats all her dolphins. Your 2d from a distance is pretty decent too but will lose to dolphins. Against Ino, your 2s would chop her out of her dash and also her sliding bullshit move.

and be careful in air-to-air combat against may - her j.HS is absolutely ridiculous, both in hitbox and damage potential.

Tru dat. As far as the air-to-air combat goes, if you manage to get above her, j.d will stuff anything she has. I've found this out recently and almost always got CH.

Okay, so sick of our forum being one of the few dead and half-written ones :(

Copied from the blog thread like four months ago:

chipp v zato/eddie

rush rush rush rush rush rush rush! dont let eddie breathe a single second! if u grant him quarter u will end up getting on the defensive and thats not good. c.5s is ur best friend along side 2s and 6k. use a good deal of dust teleports and frc hs teleports to keep him on his toes. and most importantly keep ur movement strong. 2nd most important thing is to keep a quick dirk handy so if u need to get rid of the eddie or make zato block to eliminate eddie then proceed wit the rush. 2d all long range whiffs and fdc to ur hearts content cuz zato has no reversal attack.

chipp v baiken

jump cancel all ur pokes! all of ur standing normals are jump cancelable so abuse it to bait counters. trip jump alot but watch for baiken j.s as its a great poke vs ur air normals even chipp j.d. baiken j.s is hard to AA with 6p at times so either air throw as AA or beta it. *if ur feeling spicy tiger knee beta blade for a CH, land and combo!* in this match u can leaf grab a bit to bait the counters, also keep ur chains to a minimum of 2-3 attacks and bait as much as possible. chipp v baiken in the dmg dept is about the same, both need corners to REALLY dish out the dmg although chipp doesnt REALLY overall need it since the mid screen guessing game is more scarier than in the corner.

chipp v anji

auto gaurd is a pain but this isnt slash so u can attack like usual. fuujin HS and FB follow ups get beaten by lows so if u see it, react to it with 2k and get the KD. actually, all his follow ups save for the jump are all punishable in some way. anji has a hard time dealing with c.5s pressure so abuse it, be aware that anji's alpha counter/dead angle is really good and will KD on CH so be careful. on wake up if u see a butterfly, just defend and either backdash or jump FD. both are good choices to escape the trap..in slash u couldnt fight anji like an ordinary character but AC u can so like all matches, strong movement and whiff punishment.

chipp v sol

ahh my favorite match up next to zato/eddie. chipp has answers to all of sol's attacks i'll give a break down below:

bandit

-bringer = air throw, CH j.d, j.k, j.p, beta, 6p *timing specific*, any teleport cept s. teleport

-revolver = air throw *difficulty is high*, CH 6p, any teleport

riot stomp

-6p, 6hs it all day

-on just defence, go into 2s immediately. this will beat wutever normal sol will attempt

gunflame

-beta *timing specific and distance dependent*, any teleport cept p or s

- dust teleport, frc dropping dust for CH

pokes to use

1. 2s

pros

-beats sol 2d clean

-anti jump in the corner, follow up to 2s, 5hs, FB if he tries to jump from corner trapping

-in some ways its better than c.5s, rekka trap

cons

-whiffing

2. 2d

pros

-has a bit of invul midway thru

-excellent punisher

-overall chipp's greatest poke

cons

-other than whiffing...nothing. heck u can bait to an air throw with this poke at the right distance!!

3. 5k

pros

-fast

-snuffs sol's pokes at the right space

-cancelable to 2d, making KDs easier

cons

-not that bad of a poke even on whiff, has pretty decent recovery

4. 2hs

pros

-beats sol j.hs for CH

-makes for a good AA option

-use great when teleport mixups are concerned, if he jumps and goes for j.hs u will most likely get a CH in there

cons

-yes, WHIFFING!

-mistiming

overall sol v chipp IMO is 6-4 chipp since he has high punishment factor which really can be summed up to his speed being the major deciding factor in this match. yes, "bait noob" is the most common thing u may hear but its really true, this is a match of baiting. keep ur eyes on the meters and watch for the VV to RCs. honestly thats roughly it to be quite frank, u have all the tools u could ever need to deal with this char so its jus a matter of not getting hit as much to win it. like i say at the end of all of these things...MOVEMENT IS ALWAYS KEY!

chipp v order sol

watch for 2s, 6hs and ur fine. gunblaze can mess up fdc's but u'll endup blocking it at most since ur gonna land more than likely before the pillar rises. keep ur distance, and watch for jump hs. block it and ur good cuz u dont wanna get CH! if he get predictable then beta him...he starts to jump in block, then u air throw. lv 1 revolvers can be thrown on hit or block, so if he's not jumping after it then throw him, if u anticipate a jump then beta immediately since it will catch him on the startup of the jump animation. dmg dept isnt quite in ur favor so watch for FB's cuz they will leave u floating in ur tracks on CH. overall best advice is to bait like normal sol, jump around a bit and punish.

hope this helps...kensou out...

Also, I've been having quite a bit of trouble vs our local Millia player. I know she's supposed to be a good matchup, but I'm finding that she cleanly beats everything except j.D with her anti-air AND air-to-air, and even that has to be well-timed.

Part of it is the player's just a lot better than me, but part of it is she has better mixups, better air-to-air damage combos, and a single throw -> combo from her puts me at almost half life.

I feel like I'm missing something here - any advice?

Kayin's Tier list puts it at 6:4 for our favor, and the Millia board people bitch about Chipp's movement making him hard to pin down. I'm doing fine with keep-away, it's just when I come in I tend to get CH'd for stupid damage thanks to 6p, or thrown if I try to bait - his reflexes are that good :(

In short: Chipp's movement, better priority and risk/reward on poking, and Millia's inability to keep him Pinned down (horrible pun intended) for mixup makes this a tough matchup for her. Regarding Millia's AA, Chipp's j.H should cream just about any AA she has, except possibly airthrow (not that good of an idea anyhow). But generally, Chipp can come down with j.H at any time and not have to worry about being punished for it. At worst, the first hit will clash, and the second will CH. His j.D is also good, provided you don't come in at more vertical angle. Really, there's not much a grounded Millia can do against aerial Chipp aside from random FB Disc, block, or just try to get out of the way. It gets even worse for aerial Millia. Air to air, Chipp's j.H will just destroy her normals, and lead to Alpha FRC -> big damage. Her j.P is good, but often a nonfactor due to Chipp being above her most of the time. Her j.K is nice, but unless both characters are quite low to the ground, it leads to no real damage or setup. j.D is okay at farther ranges, but generally too slow to be of much use. The only decent option Millia has is a max-range j.H, which on CH can net her a nice unteched fall into ground launch -> aircombo -> corner knockdown... but the opportunities for this should be quite rare. Either way you slice it, the risk/reward for a Millia to go air-to-air with Chipp is not worth it, outside of a very few specific situations. Air-to-ground is the only place where Millia shines, and that's only if Chipp stays on the ground long enough to get mixed up. In dealing with Pin, the standard stuff applies (don't AA, use FD jump to escape), though after a blocked Pin, Chipp can use the threat of Beta (FRC) to get out of mixup. Without Pin, Chipp's 6P should be beating everything of Millia's, but then again she shouldn't be approaching without Pin too often anyhow. And on the ground at neutral (ie. where Chipp won't be if Millia has Pin), Millia has no real answer to Chipp's 5H, 5Sf, 2S, 2D, or 5Sc. If she tries to FB Disc, most of these provide escape options via jump-cancel, or if not, teleport. Throw is the thing to watch out for here, as it can give her the damage and setup she needs to potentially win the match.

Regarding Millia's AA, Chipp's j.H should cream just about any AA she has, except possibly airthrow (not that good of an idea anyhow). But generally, Chipp can come down with j.H at any time and not have to worry about being punished for it. At worst, the first hit will clash, and the second will CH.

Hm. I must be doing something wrong - when the guy at our club 6Ps, it either eats the first hit, and clashes with the second, or clashes with the first, and the second somehow misses. Maybe I need to be coming down at a diff angle :/

I'll try staying above Millia in air-to-air, I have a feeling that's where I go wrong. Thx :)

In short: Chipp's movement, better priority and risk/reward on poking, and Millia's inability to keep him Pinned down (horrible pun intended) for mixup makes this a tough matchup for her.

don't know about that, the reward for millia is pretty big if her poke leads into knockdown.

Regarding Millia's AA, Chipp's j.H should cream just about any AA she has, except possibly airthrow (not that good of an idea anyhow). But generally, Chipp can come down with j.H at any time and not have to worry about being punished for it. At worst, the first hit will clash, and the second will CH. His j.D is also good, provided you don't come in at more vertical angle. Really, there's not much a grounded Millia can do against aerial Chipp aside from random FB Disc, block, or just try to get out of the way.

afaik millia's 6p is ok to use against j.HS - it is all situation specific i guess. when chipp falls straight down on her, 6p will probably not help her at all, but that is the case for many chars.

Air-to-ground is the only place where Millia shines, and that's only if Chipp stays on the ground long enough to get mixed up. In dealing with Pin, the standard stuff applies (don't AA, use FD jump to escape), though after a blocked Pin, Chipp can use the threat of Beta (FRC) to get out of mixup. Without Pin, Chipp's 6P should be beating everything of Millia's, but then again she shouldn't be approaching without Pin too often anyhow.

And on the ground at neutral (ie. where Chipp won't be if Millia has Pin), Millia has no real answer to Chipp's 5H, 5Sf, 2S, 2D, or 5Sc. If she tries to FB Disc, most of these provide escape options via jump-cancel, or if not, teleport. Throw is the thing to watch out for here, as it can give her the damage and setup she needs to potentially win the match.

her ground movement can be used to great effect against chipp - you can actually backdash when you expect chipp to do a mid - close 2D, and still punish after it.

don't know about that, the reward for millia is pretty big if her poke leads into knockdown.

Millia won't be in position to land that poke most of the time as it's very range-specific (Chipp must be directly in front in the air, not in range to connect with j.H/D, and also must get CH) - whereas Chipp just has to land j.H(2) so he can Alpha FRC afterwards. Risk/reward heavily favours Chipp here.

afaik millia's 6p is ok to use against j.HS - it is all situation specific i guess. when chipp falls straight down on her, 6p will probably not help her at all, but that is the case for many chars.

If Chipp does a j.H so that it goes active around head-height, Millia 6P will lose or clash every time (you can test this if you like). And if Chipp baits it out by doing a dj/tj, he gets a free punish into j.H -> land -> combo, since her 6P has horrible recovery. If you watch match vids of Millia vs Chipp, you will very rarely see a Millia try to AA Chipp because j.H is simply too hard to reliably AA.

If Chipp does a j.H so that it goes active around head-height, Millia 6P will lose or clash every time (you can test this if you like). And if Chipp baits it out by doing a dj/tj, he gets a free punish into j.H -> land -> combo, since her 6P has horrible recovery. If you watch match vids of Millia vs Chipp, you will very rarely see a Millia try to AA Chipp because j.H is simply too hard to reliably AA.

...oh yeah, bait. Good point :D

On another note, the only times I've touched a guitar controller in the past few months were occasional Cock Band practices, and not many of those, so.. you'll have to give me like 10 mins to warm up ;)

Millia won't be in position to land that poke most of the time as it's very range-specific (Chipp must be directly in front in the air, not in range to connect with j.H/D, and also must get CH) - whereas Chipp just has to land j.H(2) so he can Alpha FRC afterwards. Risk/reward heavily favours Chipp here.

at that point, i thought we were talking about the ground game.

Oh ok. Though Millia's only decent ground poke that could fit that description ("the reward for millia is pretty big if her poke leads into knockdown.") is 2D, which is not very useful against Chipp due to its slow startup and lengthy overall animation time, coupled with Chipp's high mobility that can get him out of the way / in a position to punish a whiff 2D fairly easily.

i strongly believe that millia loses to chipp for alot of the reasons mentioned already but for the sake of reiterating i'll do it once more wit a quick analysis... chipp v millia ground game: chipp has an overall stronger ground game from a better array of pokes to better ground normals period. theres really no contesting in this regard imo. 5k, 2s, 2d, 5hs, 6p; all good pokes chipp can run in with whereas millia really only has 2p, 2k, 5s, 2d, 6p. problem with her poke set is that her lows get beat by chipp 5k and 2s easily, whereas the rest get beat by the other mentioned pokes. another guessing game but its a bit more in chipp's favor. air game: both are really strong here, chipp having tripple jump and millia wit the double dash. now the only minor difference imo is if chipp is higher up he can fish for j.d CHs so tripple jump is very effective at this point. millia j.d CH fishing is jus as good. speed: in the speed dept chipp is simply stronger than millia once again. chipp has the ability to be where he wants to be at almost any given time hes NOT in block stun. not to mention i mean, chipp is jus simply faster in general. meaning? its really hard for millia to catch chipp in general, his high evasion potential of situations jus make it really hard. not to mention chipp's whiff punishing potential is among the highest in the game for obvious reasons...speed. wakeup games/okizeme: millia shines a little more than chipp in this dept due to the high dmg factor of FB disc and her being a natural oki/confusion char. but altho she has this great tool her oki timing must be shifted due to chipp's delayed wakeup. if i'm not mistaken chipp and aba wakeup the latest naturally so chipp can jump out of certain situations on wakeup and if not shoryu if need be, not to mention the shoryu can be frc's if need be as well. of course all of which can be baited so its indeed a 5o/5o or a rock/paper/scissors type situation for both chars. now chipp's fdc is still very good vs this char since he doesnt have to adjust to a different wakeup time, plus his simple combos do a great deal of dmg to millia for no meter pretty much. difference? fdc cant be baited unless millia has a winger super on standby so again another 5o/5o however its situational. air to ground: chipp's jump-ins are really good especially as mentioned j.hs. now depending on the angles/timing u attack from, millia has a hard time 6p-ing thru this. also at times it can clash wit hit 1 and the 2nd hit from chipp j.hs can land and its combo city from there. a well timed 2hs isnt quite bad either wit millia so its yet another option altho the clash factor is still in effect here. now, millia can come from the air with pin and force chipp to block however if there is sum large space between chipp and millia, chipp can simply take the hit from the pin and 6p if they try to follow up wit an attack via iad or wutever the case. why take the hit? well why block it since u can retaliate if they commit to an attack? same goes for chipp quick dirk/shruiken, it does piss poor dmg but forces a block since the recov is faster than pins making dirks slightly better. dmg potential: both hit hard in pretty much every situation from mid screen to corners and most combos take the enemy to the corner. overall 6:4 chipp outtro!

Sign in to follow this