Sign in to follow this  
shtkn

BBCS News only. Anything else = TEMPBAN BlazBlue Chrono Phantasm announced! Izayoi added!

THIS THREAD IS FOR BBCS NEW POSTINGS ONLY, NOT DISCUSSION. IF YOU POST ANYTHING NON-INFO YOU WILL BE TEMPBANNED. Don't post non-BBCS related news like that BB manga or the DSi game!

GENERAL INFO

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift is out in America and Japan on XBox360 and Plastation 3.

Game comes with the 14 characters from the arcade version as well as Mu. You need to either unlock her by playing through story mode or you can buy her unlock code. The system has changed significantly from BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger. See:

Part 1

Part 2

DLC

Makoto Nanaya, Valkenhayn R Hellsing, and Platinum the Trinity. There's also DLC color packs and DLC announcer voices. See 2nd post for prices.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend

A rebalanced version of BBCS2 coming to arcades in Fall 2011 and includes a new playable character: Relius Clover

QUESTIONS?

If you have questions, ask HERE.

Also, straight from the horse's mouth

LATEST NEWS (Dec 2011)

- Relius Clover announced for BBCS Extend. Will also include more system + character tweaks. And was released in arcades Fall 2011. Will also be coming to PS3 and Xbox360 as a new disc (and for the PSVita). It will be released in America Feb 14th for $40 USD.

There is also a limited edition for $60USD

http://www.amazon.com/BlazBlue-Continuum-Shift-EXTEND-sony-playstation3/dp/B006VB2V7W/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1326179210&sr=8-14

"Bonus items for limited edition include CD soundtrack, Calendar and Artbook"

Amazon PS3 Product Page: http://www.amazon.com/BlazBlue-Continuum-Shift-EXTEND-sony-playstation3/dp/B006VB2V7W/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1326179210&sr=8-14

Amazon 360 Product Page: http://www.amazon.com/BlazBlue-Continuum-EXTEND-microsoft-xbox-360/dp/B006VB2V7M/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1326185522&sr=1-2

There is no limited edition for the Vita version.

CURRENT DLC LIST

Additional Character Colors #1 – 320 MS Points / $4.99 PSN

Additional Character Colors #2 – 320 MS Points / $4.99 PSN

Additional Character Colors #3 – 320 MS Points / $4.99 PSN

Additional System Voice Type-M – 400 MS Points / $5.99 PSN

Additional System Voice Type-C – 400 MS Points / $5.99 PSN

Additional System Voice Type-K – 400 MS Points / $5.99 PSN

Gamer Picture Pack: Rebel 1 – 160 MS Points

Gamer Picture Pack: Rebel 2 – 160 MS Points

Gamer Picture Pack: Rebel 3 – 160 MS Points

Gamer Picture Pack: Rebel 4 – 160 MS Points

Gamer Picture Pack: Rebel 5 – 160 MS Points

Gamer Picture Pack: Rebel 6 – 160 MS Points

Gamer Picture Pack: Rebel 7 – 160 MS Points

Unlock any 1 Unlimited Character – 40 MS Points / $.59 PSN

Unlock All Unlimited Characters bundle pack – 400 MS Points / $5.99 PSN

Unlock Playable Character Mu – 160 MS Points / $1.99 PSN

Makoto Nanaya Playable Character – 560 MS Points / $7.99 PSN

(note, comes with Unlimited Makoto, Challenge Mode combos, Tutorial notes, extra colors, and her song Alexandrite is selectable in-game)

Valkenhayn Playable Character – 560 MS Points / $7.99 PSN

(note, comes with Unlimited Valkenhayn, Challenge Mode combos, Tutorial notes, extra colors, and his song Howling Moon is selectable in-game)

Platinum Playable Character – 560 MS Points / $7.99 PSN

(note, comes with Unlimited Platinum, Challenge Mode combos, Tutorial notes, extra colors, and her song Active Angel is selectable in-game)

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/index.cgi?eid=317

http://blazblue.jp/topics.html#topics133

"BlazBlue Continuum Shift II" announced. Continuum Shift II is an updated version of Continuum Shift to be released to the arcades and it will be shown at Taito's booth at the Amusement Machine Show. Valkenhayn will be playable. It is expected to be in arcades sometime this winter.

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/index.cgi?eid=316

http://blazblue.jp/topics.html#topics134

Valkenhayn has been confirmed for release sometime within the month of September, the specific date is still yet to be confirmed. He will cost 560 MS points (Xbox Live) or 800 yen (PSN).

http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/294/294709/

According to Dengeki Online, Valkenhayn's Drive is called "Were Wolf".

Valkenhayn R. Hellsing

Height: 191 cm

Weight: 78 kg

Birthday: September 15

Blood Type: A

Birthplace: Unknown

Hobbies: Bonsai

Dislikes: Things with no character

CV: Motomu Kiyokawa

Drive: Wehrwolf

Personality:

He is calm and orderly, and never speaks more than is neccesary.

However, to those who would attempt to harm Rachel, he gives no quarter.

Backstory:

An elderly butler who has served the Alucard Family for generations.

Not only an excellent butler, he is knowledgeable in a wide range of fields.

Becoming aware of the incident in Kagutsuchi, he follows Rachel after she sneaks out of the castle.

Notes: His drive utilizes the German pronunciation for werewolf. His height and weight were also increased from what was given in the Material Collection, where they were 181 cm and 68 kg.

Valkenhayn will be playable at TGS on Sunday 19th September for a couple of hours (in addition to his appearence at AMS on the 9th of September).

On the official site his release date is listed as "Late September", which basically means he will be released either on September 21-22 or September 28-29.

Source:

http://blazblue.jp/topics.html#topics137

Valkenhayn will be released on the 21st of September (at least for PSN, but 360 owners will probably be able to download him on the 22nd).

Translated with ImTranslator:

Valkenhayn=R=Hellsing, perso second in DLC of Blazblue: Continuum Shift, will arrive September 21st on Japanese PlayStation Store, at already announced price there is a while (about 8€).

Information comes from a planning PlayStation Network of Sony, but they can probably bank on upon an exit in the same waters on the market of Xbox Live.

http://www.gamekult.com/articles/A0000087311/

BBCS2

- still using TypeX2

- using new network system called NESICA x Live

- able to use IC card to save the battle record (similar to SF4, VF,TK)

- not sure if the arcade version will be out for outside of Japan due to the network issue

- big balance change to all existing characters (say bye to Bang and Litchi)

Not sure if this has been posted already, but:

http://generalnantoka.blog35.fc2.com/blog-entry-370.html#cm

Nerfs all around. But hey, Valk has Chokkagata Dandy.

not too sure on some of them, but this is what i could make out. gonna skip the valk bits.

Ragna:

5D on grounded opponents no longer floats

3C is techable

5B>6A gattling is gone

Inferno Divider no longer has wall bounce

Belial edge doesn't bounce as high any more (can still follow up with a quick 5D)

Jin:

2C>5C gattling added (cannot re-input 2C)

B musou knocks down again

Noel:

2C>5C gattling added (cannot re-input 2C)

j4D is damn fast. As if you can't see her falling from the air.

5D reduced invincibility frames

Rachel:

Overall damage increased

5B>2B gattling added

6A activation speed increased

6B on counter slides

6B jump cancel possible on block

2C hit stop increased

5C>C now slides. Mid screen C lobelia>3D> Sword iris/BBL combos. In corner 5C>C>3C can be done for 2 loops.

j2C can be canceled into attacks on landing

Lobeilas come out even when hit

George has been changed (there's a frog gauge now)

Tempest dahlia? what the heck is that? [i think he means it's been removed]

Tager:

Nothing known.

something about his collider mechanics being revised

Taokaka:

new jB, cat motion 2's animation for 2 hits

old jB is now j2B

taunt loop's been nerfed bad. it's now a joke.

drives are more stiff(?), increased hit stop.

health increase [i think.]

Arakune:

overall damage decreased

guarded drive moves give less curse meter

Litchi:

more gattlings without staff

6A with staff must be RC otherwise no followups available

4D slides. follow up possible in corner

6D's level(?) decreased. [maybe priority?]

jC without staff is now techable

Bang:

5B slower start up

2B slower start up

2B>5B gattling added. (cannot reinput 2B)

heavenly phoenix thrust no longer wall bounces for both air and ground

3C is techable

ashura slower start up, no more invincibility frames, has become a joke DD

Carl:

2B>5B gattling added cannot re-input 2B)

ada's gauge recovers slower

hakumen:

jD cannot be followed up

5D increased damage

[something about his yukikaze.]

other than that don't know much

Lambda:

5DD activation slowed

blade summonings are slower

Tsubaki:

5D instantly gives 1 stock, but holding down D gives a slightly slower charge speed

2D starts out slow but the charge speed rapidly increases. Also more stiff now.

jD charge speed increased

5B more strong

2BB>5BB gattlings added (Cannot re-input 2BB)

236A start up time increased, if comboed into cannot be follow up [i think.]

214A, B doesn't float opponent even when done by itself

623A on counter hit, untechable time decreased so cannot follow up

cannot cancel into any move from throw, throw slides. mid screen do 236D to follow up, in corner can follow up with normal combos.

after air throw timing for follow up attacks more strict

Hazama:

Ouroboros start up and move speed slowed (although it really feel like there's no difference)

Ouroboros gauge takes longer to recover

5B level reduced. If 5B>3C is not inputted with the fastest timing it won't combo.

Makoto:

parry cancel gone

5B faster start-up, can jump cancel even on block.

Valkenhayn:

cannot block or crouch in wolf form. cannot switch directions.

Noel:

j4D is damn fast. As if you can't see her falling from the air.

Second part is "Cross up," as in became a crossup from a low height that you can barely see.

from what I understand, Yukikaze has a nice pretty snowflake animation. I could be wrong though. :psyduck:

I'm also pretty sure "stiffness" basically means more recovery.

EDITEDIT: Also, regarding beast mode valkenhayn, you cannot block, and he doesn't automatically turn around. You hit right to move right and left to turn and move left, think beat'em'up controls!

Whatever wasn't covered above, plus what I'm reading differently (same source):

Ragna

3C can be ground teched.

Belial Edge bounces higher (バウンド高くなり), making it harder to pick up a combo after. (Mash 5D out as fast as you can though, it'll connect.)

Jin

2C > 5C gatling added, FC hit confirm is now nice and easy, but you can't chain/link to another 2C.

Rachel

jA hits mid [translator: if it's a change, I'd say it's an overhead? You can block it crouching in 1.01, right?]

6B slides on CH. Untechable time has been reduced: if you're in the corner, you can't combo unless you really rush.

j2C hits high, can be cancelled to other attacks when you land.

You can reposition George. He has a gauge now.

Cost performance of using wind has gotten worse considering its recovery. [translator: Think I got closer this time. 相対的な風回復のコスパ悪く]

Tempest Dahlia? What's that...? [literally translated]

Tager

Not sure.

I only know his colliders have more same move proration. [both lines literally translated]

Taokaka

Got a new jB, swiped from CT's j236B done twice. [CT猫2のモーションで2回まで掻っ切り] [translator: j236B in Calamity Trigger is called ネコ魂ツー!in Japanese: Cat's Soul 2 in English. Coulda got this wrong though.] Damage is low, but can be used as filler, proration and hitbox are both excellent.

Taunt [translator: get ready for this] prorates to 30% or so. Queue Dan music. [translator: okay, he says ネタ技化, or that it's changed enough that players know it can be done, even if they don't use it]

Drive moves have more recovery. When you cancel them into their followups [translator: don't play Tao, so I don't know if this makes sense], you get increased hit stop. [派生受付際どく、ヒットストップ増加]

Almost Becoming Two combos: still intact.

Litchi

Can't cancel into 41236D.

4D slides your opponent, can combo in the corner.

Bang

2C's startup increased, not 2B.

3C is ground techable. 2363214C won't follow up. (Obvious, obvious, obvious.)

Ashura has more startup lag, invincibility lasts until just before startup [translator: I guess it's just invincible for the super flash or something, or he'd say there's none whatsoever. 無敵発生前に切れ]. More Dan music.

Carl

Maybe some of the untechable time on some moves have been shortened. Combos that worked in CS aren't working.

Hakumen

The lights dim on Yukikaze only after you get your counter.

Don't know much more than that. [literally translated]

Lambda

Will find out more tomorrow. [literally translated]

Tsubaki

2D has more recovery.

2BB > 5BB gatling added, but you can't go back to 2BB after doing it.

236A has more startup, you can't combo into it [コンボで繋がらなくなる] and its proration increased.

22D, whether charged or not, only knocks the opponent back (no wallbounce). From midscreen, you can combo with 236D. From the corner, you can just use normals.

j236A has more startup, and can't be used in combos.

j236C has some lag when you land.

It's become easier to combo out of the air throw. [空投げ後緩やかに相手が落ちて追撃がしやすくなった]

Valkenhayn

Steps, doesn't dash. [translator: like Hakumen] Good reach, specializes in wolf form followups.

Cannot crouch, cannot block in wolf form. Hitting left makes you walk left, hitting right makes you walk right. [translator: Since you don't block, you don't actually stop whenever you hold back in range of a move, you keep moving.]

214214214D: Astral Heat. Smacks your opponent up, transforms, and with the moon in the background, slashes him... like, a lot. [translator: メッタ切り → 滅多切り, reckless repeated slashing. Thanks, Unlimited Saga!]

EDIT: Bang's Ashura.

Just making a clarification:

AOU is continuing today and tommorrow, today (Japan today, as in, for the next 12 hours) it is still restricted to press only, tommorrow it will be open season for the public. So you won't see a large amount of character info for another 24-48 hours, when anyone can actually play the game instead of a few who may or may not be good at the game.

twitter user name ushidonburi

This twitter has a list of changes, hes updating it live while hes at the show right now BTW.

stuff:

Tager 6a chargeable, even when you gatling it from 5C.

litchi 3c (staff) techable.

PS please don't follow it or anything, you never know what might happen if a bunch of gaijin sub him suddenly.

thanks to LK for the account/TL btw.

Rush-translating some ushidonburi twitter posts until I go to bed. This is going to be updated upon the arrival of new information until maybe 5:00am EDST.

[He makes a few posts to say characters he wants to play today. I'm skipping those.]

*I give my heart to Tsubaki players. Tsubasa (wings) hits mid.

*The rumors surrounding Lambda are probably nonsense. 4D can't be jump-cancelled. Aside from [Zwei] Blade being slowed down slightly, she doesn't seem to have changed.

*Litchi's 3C[m] can be tech'd; 6B[m] doesn't wall bounce even on counter-hit.

*Litchi's All-Green super can be tech'd on air hit; poor girl.

*Fall after Gauntlet Hades is faster; follow-up doesn't make it in time [i'm guessing this means the opponent falls too quickly after Gauntlet to combo]. 2D can't even be followed up with 2B.

*Litchi can follow up 4D with 2D. If she's near the wall, she can pick them up with 6C, and 6C[m]'s spin can just barely follow it up if you're in a corner.

*Litchi's 4D connects after 2C! If she's somewhat close to the wall, 2D will follow-up, and if she's at the corner, Haku (3-Dragons: white) will connect.

*Makoto's Big Bang Smash still has 1600 minimum damage; no change. j.B still has a long untechable time on counter hit; no change. Makoto doesn't seem to have changed much.

*Berial Edge, outside of use in combos as a low-grade lock, does shit for damage.

*Valkenhayn's technique names[*] - ヴァルケンの技名めも ナハト・イェーガー ナハト・ローゼン シュバルツ・ヤクト →ヴァイス・ヤクト モーント・リヒト ラーゼン・ヴォルフ ゲシュヴィント・ヴォルフ ケーニッヒ・ヴォルフ アイゼン・ヴォルフ ヒンメル・ヴォルフ シュツルム・ヴォルフ ケーニッヒ・フルーク

[*] I don't know German AT ALL; I have no clue how to write these. Someone else figure it out.

*Litchi combo in corner: 2C > Haku > Chuu > Hatsu, A-Reach > Ippatsu > on-staff B, 6B > D > j.C > D-returns > land > 6C > Itsuu-C > aerial finisher (3700 dmg)

*Hakumen can special-cancel after j.D for follow-ups WTF!

My katakana -> German may not be perfect, but for those interested here is what I'm fairly certain the names are.

Valkenhayn move names (Japanese: German - English)

ナハト・イェーガー: Nacht Jäger - Night Hunter

ナハト・ローゼン: Nacht Rosen - Night Roses

シュバルツ・ヤクト → ヴァイス・ヤク: Schwartze Jagd → Weiße Jagd - Black Hunt → White Hunt

モーント・リヒト: Mondlicht - Moonlight

ラーゼン・ヴォルフ: Rasen Wolf - Frenzied Wolf I guess? Should be Rasende =P

ゲシュヴィント・ヴォルフ: Geschwinde Wolf - Quick Wolf

ケーニッヒ・ヴォル: König Wolf - King Wolf

アイゼン・ヴォルフ: Eisen Wolf - Iron Wolf

ヒンメル・ヴォルフ: Himmel Wolf - Sky Wolf

シュツルム・ヴォルフ: Stürm Wolf - Storm Wolf

ケーニッヒ・フルーク: König Flucht - King Flight