Sign in to follow this  
shtkn

BBCS News only. Anything else = TEMPBAN BlazBlue Chrono Phantasm announced! Izayoi added!

Talks about how the PSV can accurately display the "overwhelming 2D graphics", standard PR stuff about how it'll be "new and exciting" even for people who follow the series. New "Stylish Type" touch screen controls, and you can also assign macros to the rear touch pad, like for taunts or simultaneous button inputs (like square + triangle). It'll also have wireless netplay features.

More news will be released in the future.

Siliconera has some things about PS vita version of Blazblue Continuum shift II Plus.

Aparently, This version will have online play with 6 players (2 fighting and four more as espectators)

Also, this version will have more scenarios (in story mode) not found in any other version of the game released, Arc Sys is thinking about how to use the touch screen and the track pad (but at siliconera, they said there is no information of how arc sys will use those features), they are showing a demo of the game in the E3 through Aksys Games.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/06/07/blazblue-continuum-shift-ii-plus-revitalized-for-playstation-vita

Some images of the Vita Version

This one in Vita native resolution.

bbcs02.jpg

010.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

Edited by shimazaki

just an announcement: please do not post news involving figurines or art books or music cds, etc. let's keep this thread for game related news.

Relius Clover will be added to the Arcade version of CS2 via an update this Winter, and it mentions possible plans for a DLC update for the console versions as well. His gameplay will be similar to Carl's, as he will fight by controlling his battle puppet, Ignis. A loketest is scheduled for August 11 at Akihabara Hey!

Relius Clover

Height: 186 cm

Weight: 75 kg

Birthday: June 1

Blood Type: A

Birthplace: 2nd Hierarchical City Iwatsuchi (Austria)

Hobbies: Research

Dislikes: Unorganized bookshelves

CV: Junichi Suwabe

Drive: Detonator

Backstory:

Showing interest in nothing but research, Relius is a man utterly devoid of affection, even towards his own son, Carl. He has a methodical disposition and hates bookshelves that are in disarray. He arrived in the 13th Hierarchical City Kagutsuchi under orders from a high-ranking member of the massive world government, the Novus Orbis Librarium, to observe the activities of Hazama, a member the very same organization's Intelligence Department.

Edited by Suzaku

Also in Mori's Twitter, he mentions that the Drive is called 'Detonator.'

Also in Mori's Twitter, he mentions that the Drive is called 'Detonator.'

Makes sense. The full title of Relius's battle puppet in the Japanese version is Detonator: Ignis (波動兵器(デトネーター)・イグニス, lit. "Wave Weapon (Detonator): Ignis"). It was localized as Fluctus Redactum: Ignis for the English version.

It's not really news but more like the other 2 screenshots from that Famitsu scan that weren't scanned

http://blog-imgs-34-origin.fc2.com/j/a/y/jaysonic/bbcs2_relius_shha.jpg

http://blog-imgs-34-origin.fc2.com/j/a/y/jaysonic/bbcs2_relius_mgpu.jpg

Delete this if not considered news worthy

* http://jaysonic.blog42.fc2.com/blog-entry-1855.html original link

Edited by arctus32

I'm just going to go ahead and translate the whole article for shits and giggles.

BlazBlue Continuum Shift II to get a new character and game balance upgrades this Fall

Location test to be held at Akihabara HEY on August 11, 2011

Arc System Work's BlazBlue Continuum Shift II, which runs on the NESiCAxLive TAITO TypeX2 arcade system board, will be undergoing a series of updates beginning this Fall, including adjustments to the game's balance and the implementation of a new character.

Additionally, a location test of the title has been scheduled for August 11 and will be held at Akihabara HEY.

The following is an excerpt from the release:

A new warrior joins the battle: Relius Clover!

The newest playable character to join the fray has been a hit with fans ever since he debuted in the Story Mode of the console edition of BlazBlue Continuum Shift, and now the Mad Puppeteer Relius Clover finally takes the stage!

Backstory: Relius arrived in the 13th Hierarchical City Kagutsuchi under orders from the Imperator to monitor Hazama's actions. He shows interest in nothing but research, not even his own son, Carl.

Relius Clover (CV: Junichi Suwabe)

Height: 186 cm

Weight: 75 kg

Birthday: June 1

Blood Type: A

Birthplace: 2nd Hierarchical City Iwatsuchi

Hobbies: Research

Dislikes: Unorganized bookshelves

Information on the August 11 location test

You can be amongst the first to experience the newest character in BlazBlue Continuum Shift II at the location test scheduled to be held at Akihabara HEY.

Including the new playable character, Relius Clover, a total of 19 rebalanced characters will be avaible. Fierce competition with your fellow players can also be expected.

If you want to check out the next version of BlazBlue Continuum Shift II before it's released, please drop by!

Location test exhibition period: August 11 - August 17

Specifications: Two cabinets (four players total) will be installed with all 19 characters available. The location test is completely offline so NESiCA will not be available. NESiCA will continue to operate normally when the actual update launches.

Edit: Same content but no watermarks on the images: http://www.4gamer.net/games/118/G011877/20110728102/

Edited by Suzaku

Sorry for the double post but I noticed recently that they added a moveset to Relius' profile that is in the link above.

post-15772-139515161987_thumb.jpg

If someone could translate this, I'd appreciate it.

EDIT:

I'll just edit in my response here to avoid cluttering up the thread but thanks for your translation, it's possible the language used is Austrian German since Relius was born there.

Edited by .:TM:.

I must say, it's pretty hard to translate those names, because it seems to be yet another European language, and I don't actually recognize it. Italian, maybe? Because of that, I've probably romanized it all wrong, but still, here you go.

Id Roiga (can do in mid-air)

-Hars (after Id Roiga, can do in mid-air)

-Nia (after Id Roiga in midair)

Led Lee

Bal Land

Bal Lia

Bal Tus

Gila Noz

Gila Act

Bel Lafino (in mid-air)

Req Vinom

Bol Ted

Tuo Vaios

No AH for now.

//That's a lot of quarter-circles, if you ask me.

(Sorry for posting in the News Thread, but I'm pretty sure the move names are likely to be in Latin? "Req Vinom" when pronounced sounds a lot like Requiem.).

Edited by Takoto

(I hope this does not violate thread rules. In that case, go easy on the newbie : 3)

Well, you could be right if "requiem" is spelled "req uiem" (or if the Japanese believe it should be). In the Japanese it is spelled with a space (or dot to be precise).

On one note though the last Distortion Drive is named "Duo" not "Tuo". Duo means "pair" does it not? As he seems to be a doll user as well, this makes sense.

If you want to make your own interpretation you can have the exact romanization here:

(I know no Latin, so your guess is probably better than mine, I put my in the parenthesis :3)

(I also pur in the commands if anybody would like them)

Ido Roigaa [id Loiger]

↓↘→ C (air also)

→Haasu [Has]

after Ido Roigaa ↓↙← A (air also)

→Naia [Naia]

after Ido Roigaa ↓↙← B in air

Redo Rii [Led Li]

↓↘→ A

Baru Ranto [bal Lant]

↓↙← A

Baru Raia [bal Laia]

↓↙← B